Starting Nov 1

Options

Replies

• skbarton
    skbarton Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Ramalem - Ramalem, wear those stretch marks with honor! They are a symbol of love!!!
  • Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Feeling like crap again today! Stupid cold :grumble:

Family dinner was nice. Saw a cousin who I hadn't seen since 1997! I think she was 10. Now she's all growed up :wink: She has two beautiful little girls that are the mini-me of her. Time goes by so fast! You really miss a lot when you blink!

I did really well on the food until they brought out the apple pie!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! I'm heading down for a nap :smile:
  • sleepyjen
    sleepyjen Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Why are we sharing this cold, Blue! Ridiculous.

I was doing well until cake yesterday, too. Mm, cake. Chocolate cake isn't my favorite, but I enjoyed it nonetheless!

Taking it easy with the new tattoo. It stings a bit while walking (the skin's swollen and jiggles when I walk so I can feel it) so I'll give it a few days before I start logging the miles again and return to NROLW, stage 7.
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Why are we sharing this cold, Blue! Ridiculous.

How much does snot weigh? I feel like I've blown out about 5 lbs of it lol. Sorry if that's TMI. My head is pounding - sinuses mostly. I'm just ready for it to all go away. This what I get for bragging that I never get sick :laugh: Typical me - it only happens on the weekends!

We moved into our house in Jan 2013 and now we have started our landscaping. Fingers are crossed that it will be done by the end of the month! It will be so nice when it's done.
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    How are you feeling, blue?
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    How are you feeling, blue?

Like crap but thanks for asking LOL How long did your's last?

My head still feels like it's about to explode but other than that I feel fine! Advil cold and sinus has become my friend but I sure feel like I'm in a fog when I take it. Two before bed, one in the morning. Hopefully I'll kick this thing soon. It's so annoying!!

Haven't felt like exercising at all but maybe we'll go for a walk in the morning. Not far and definitely not fast - just get out there moving!

How is everyone else's Monday going?
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Mine's fine. My cold lasted 5 days as a serious cold but I still blow my nose several times a day.

Have you ever tried a neti pot? I use that and just take some advil for pressure. I haven't taken a decongestant in a long time.

I wanted to take a walk today as the weather's perfect but my tat's feeling a little beat up by my pants, so I'll baby it today and go tomorrow.
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Options
    Blue, I'm sorry you're under the weather...an understatement as to how crappy you must feel, I know!

Ramalem, I lived in downtown Vancouver but my boyfriend and I just moved to his parents while our place is completed (in Langley) which is closer to the border. Yay for trips across for cheaper fuel! What did you take at Western?

Jen, I had cake last night too. It was my boyfriend's dad's birthday...I could have said no, but I didn't. Oh well, worked it into my calories anyways.

How's the start of everyone's week so far? Sorry I was MIA last week - super busy week at work but I'm hoping it settles down a bit this week :)
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I'm back finally. This will have to be a quick check-in as I need to get caught up and have a Dr's appt. in an hour I need to get to, but I I'll be back to write more later today.
  • ramalem
    Options
    Ok! Back again :laugh: Dr. appointment went well. She said all looks normal. We're onto every other week appointments now too...

Boy oh boy am I glad to be home. Southern CA is going through a major heatwave which made the majority of the trip semi miserable. I did manage to get some good beach time in on Friday... there are so many cute adorable pregnant ladies down there rocking two pieces, it made me a little jealous and also wishing I had brought mine! Saturday through Sunday were just too hot. We were in San Diego both days... and actually stayed inside a majority of Saturday watching football with AC. Sunday we went to the Seahawks/Chargers game and I literally almost melted. The announcers said it was almost 115 on the field. Their stadium is so awful and barely any of it had shade. We ended up leaving at half time... I felt bad, but just couldn't handle it. I'm so glad to be back in Seattle where it's back to the mid-70's today. PHEW. I hope you ladies all had a good weekend!

Sorry you're not feeling well Blue! I second Jen's recommendation on the neti pot. It really helps a congested head and you'll get so much snot out, it might blow your mind.

Jen, I love the tat! I hope it's feeling better today.

SK - I will definitely wear them loud and proud... :drinker:

JL - Langley, fun! We used to go up to Richmond (for IKEA) and Coquitlam for the mall (they had H&M when we didn't.) We also spent a lot of time in White Rock... yay for the lower drinking age ha ha. I majored in Poly Sci at Western. If I could have found a job up in Bellingham when I graduated, I would likely still be there. I'm up in Ferndale quite a bit as my best friend lives up there still. I also have quite a bit of family up in BC - most of them are in North Van.

That's all I can see/remember for now.

I'm hoping to get in 4-5 workouts this week. I managed to get 40 minutes of swimming yesterday in at the hotel, I am headed to yoga tonight, Wed or Thurs (or both) I'll head to the gym for some cardio/light weights and then I'll try and swim again on Friday. I'm also going to walk with a bunch of other preggo's on Sunday so this week should be pretty good on the activity front.

I'm somehow still pretty full of energy during the day, but I definitely fall asleep quickly and early at night. I think we are going to paint the little's room this weekend, and then I'm hoping to get a bit more of the upstairs trim painted in the coming weeks. We are picking up the glider and the crib this weekend too... *kitten*'s getting real ya'll!
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Aww, a shame about the weather, Meg! Thanks for the tat love. I was thinking about going back to NROLW today but the tat artist nixed it when I asked him about it--nothing until Thursday. Bah! Since I've switched today from the heavy ointment to the regular lotion, it's drying out and a little more irritated, anyway, so I guess it's for the best. But I miss exercise. I've been eating so much food :)
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Don't you hate it when you plan out what you'll order at a restaurant in advance and then forget what you're doing at the restaurant and order the thing 200 cals heavier? Alas. I miss exercise :) I'm 380 over for the day.
  • ramalem
    Options
    You're so close to getting back to it... and really let's be honest I never plan what I'm going to eat :) I just eat!
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Options
    Jen, what kind of tattoo did you get? 2 of my friends got new tattoos over the weekend and they're both going through the healing process now too. ouch!! Darn it about taking a break - enjoy it though, you'll be back in the swing of things in no time!

Ramalam, darn about the weather in California and that you had to leave the Seahawks game! But yes, it was probably wayyyy too warm for you. I felt bad for the players too...that's what I'm chalking up their performance too, the heat! They'll use it as a wake-up call I hope. Poly Sci - very interesting! White Rock is still one of my favourite places to be. I lived in South Surrey for a few years and I loved being so close to a walk on the beach...and the drinks, haha.

Off work in 10 minutes and then time for my workout - Insanity's Plymetrics Cardio Circuit - can't wait!
    Have an awesome evening everyone!
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    I go MIA for a day and this place explodes LOL

I'm feeling much better - at least the pressure in my head has gone away but I'm still blowing multiple times a day. It's all clear tho so nothing is lingering at least. Hopefully by the end of the weekend I'll be back to normal and we can start shredding again on Monday :smile: We went for a nice, but rather slow walk this morning. Felt good to get out.

I'm sorry the weather didn't cooperate for your trip Meg - always sucks to have to leave an event early (for whatever reason). Those concrete stadiums just radiate heat. At least you didn't get the hurricane winds and rain that Phoenix is supposed to get today. I'll take the heat every time :laugh:

Tonight our company's social club is putting on a night at the races - it's dinner and betting on a few horse races. Always a lot of fun. I never win anything - usually come close to breaking even but that's OK.
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Jenn, it's a spool of thread with a needle. It's healing well so far. Much more comfortable than the one on my back.

Glad you're better, blue! I'm off to a pub as a base-touching with some instructors in the program I direct later today. Right now I'm grading and waiting for the plumber to come reinstall our toilet and sink in the bathroom and check out our leak boiler--the relief valve keeps dripping even as the pressure is fine. It's the time of year to have it serviced,anyway, before the leaves really fly. How fast time goes by.
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Good morning :flowerforyou:

Had fun last night at the races! Left down only $5 - but then I'm a pretty conservative better :smile: Dinner was a buffet - a very good buffet I might add! It's so hard to count those. I had lots of greens and lots of veggies but I also had dessert (good bye reasonable sugar numbers!) and fruit. Chocolate covered strawberries are still strawberries, right? :wink: I also had a drink and woke up with a stupid headache! I don't know if it's the sugar or what but I felt like I had a hangover from only one drink! ARGGHHH! Even tho it was a beautiful morning, I didn't feel like getting out of bed and going for a walk :yawn:

I've GOT to get back on track! The plan is still to Shred on Monday - I just have to be good from now until then LOL

Hope everyone is having an easier time of it!
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Options
    Jen, Very cool idea for a tattoo!
    Blue, I hate that! I feel like sometimes its the sugar more than the alcohol, especially after only 1 drink. Sounds like you did well at the buffet though!

Hope everyone has a great morning :)
  • ramalem
    Options
    Morning ladies :yawn:

JL - I loved the beach in White Rock, and the bars of course. They used to have "Western Wednesdays" where you could pay $10 a person and a limo would drive you and ten friends up to the bars and take you home. It was awesome.

Jen - I'm so ready for fall it's not even funny.

Blue - Chocolate covered strawberries are for sure still strawberries without question. I've got confidence you can pick this thing back up and kick it's booty next week! I'm going to need some major motivation to get to the gym today.

I ended up going home yesterday as I felt super nauseous, which is weird for me. Turns out you shouldn't take gas-x on an empty stomach :laugh: Lesson learned. I didn't sleep well last night either, so I'm really hoping this coffee will kick in and wake me up.

What's everyone up to this weekend?
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    i hate feeling nauseous. last night I felt gross because i ate too much--i picked at appetizers, had two beers, then inhaled a chipotle bowl. oops. gross. i was asleep by 930.

i'm going to the pats game on sunday; i've never been! it's part of a work event--wooing out of state guidance counselors--but i'm just excited to go, regardless of having to schmooze. Work's been kinda crappy lately so having fun while still working will be potentially refreshing. plus the stadium has wi-fi so i can keep an eye on my fantasy team. :)

how long did stage 7 workouts take you, each? about an hour? i start today.