Starting Nov 1

Options

Replies

• Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I've really noticed how everything is 'pumpkin' these days. Lattes, donuts, yogurt! All sounds really good but I'm not a huge pumpkin fan. I will, however, eat it if it's in front of me :bigsmile: As with most things LOL

A Thanksgiving baby?? How cool would that be? Something extra special to celebrate every year. Canadian Thanksgiving is Oct 13 and my 'grandson' is due to be born on the 12th :love: We both might have Thanksgiving babies :laugh: That's not that far away - I better get a gift in the mail LOL. I'm always late on gifts - poor Oliver (my first 'grandson') gets to celebrate his birthday a few times because I'm always late with his presents LOL

Shredded again this morning - it was much tougher than yesterday! I had to take a few more breaks than usual. I think my body is having a hard time recovering from that cold. One more tomorrow and then we're off to Calgary for the weekend on Thursday. I'll give it a good rest and try again on Monday. Hopefully by then I'll be fully recovered.

Have a great day :flowerforyou:
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Options
    Jen, I know the feeling! I think I downed 3 mini chocolate bars last night...and some chocolate almonds...d'oh. Back to it today.
    Blue & Meg, Thanksgiving babies would be awesome! Great time of year :)
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I am secretly hoping it's not a Thanksgiving baby... I'd be fine with either before or after, just not right on the day ha ha. I think the kiddo will probably end up having a Thanksgiving Birthday a few years of it's life since the date changes every year. There is something to be said for getting gifts late Blue, it's kinda fun!

Jen - I'm in perma sweets craving mode. I'm actually dreading going to Target on Friday only because I know Halloween candy will be out and I won't be able to resist.

JL - chocolate almonds are AMAZING.

Guys, I think I'm officially over painting. :laugh: I put two more coats on the little's room yesterday (and it still needs one more... NEVER buy Sherwin William paint). I still have the trim to do on the 3rd floor (aside from the babies room) and I'm not so sure it's gonna get done before it comes. Oh well, no one sees the third floor anyway!

I've got a 4 day weekend coming up and am having one of my baby showers, so I'm just really trying to get through the next few days. I'm planning on going to the gym tomorrow, yoga Thursday and hopefully getting a swim in on Friday.

Have a good Tuesday!
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Last time I went to Costco they had all their Christmas chocolate out! OY! I wish they'd at least wait until after Halloween!
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Options
    Oh Christmas Candy...you're right, I went to Costco last night and my boyfriend pointed out my weakness....After Eights....I stopped, looked...and had to force myself to keep moving...baby steps...
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    I :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: After Eights! Anything chocolate mint really! But After Eights just kind of melt in your mouth :love:
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Options
    I know right?! So good, they're my weakness.
  • sleepyjen
    sleepyjen Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Andes candies, too, and York Peppermint patties. Mmmmm.

I made it to the gym today. Workout two wasn't as awful as 1, but I reduced my weights substantially from what I'd use, say, for under 10 reps. I only did three sets.

It's 6p and I've finally stopped working for the day. I worked until 330ish, then off to the gym, then grocery shopping--these two things still feel like part of a work day. Then I read and critiqued three student paper drafts, and now I'm enjoying the wine I started a while ago :)

Time to make dinner, alas! Back to work.

BTW, I always use Sherwin Williams. Some colors and mixes seem to coat better than others. Beyond two coats I'd be very sad, though!
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Andes candies, too, and York Peppermint patties. Mmmmm.

Those too! :heart:

Wes woke up with a sore throat this morning so there was no Shredding today. I however, had a leisurely ride on the exercise bike just to be doing something. He's got what I had - not sure why it took him so long to get it? He's the biggest baby when he's sick - like he's dying or something LOL We're supposed to be in Calgary tomorrow for an event for his company - I hope he's feeling better otherwise he's not going to have a good time.

Hope everyone has a great day!

PS - so unqualified to comment on paint :bigsmile:
  • ramalem
    Options
    Boys/men are such freaking babies when they are sick... I've never understood that.

Jen - Good work for getting to the gym and no shame in lowering weights :) I liked the even workouts MUCH better than the odd workouts.

Blue - Good work on getting on the bike!

I had a pretty productive Tuesday evening. Got the fourth and final coat of paint on the walls, made eggplant Parmesan from scratch, did two loads of laundry and then literally went through all my dresses in my closet to see what still fits (for the record, it's not much). I'm trying to decide what to wear to my baby shower this weekend, and my options seem to be pretty limited. What do you guys think of the dress below? (My hair looked awful so I cropped my face out ha ha)

photo11_zps6b8fc8c3.jpg

I can't seem to get it any smaller... sorry friends :)
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    You look fabulous!! Seriously, I know you feel huge at this point but you look marvelous.And so productive! Good for you, Meg.

Today started rough--crampy, moody, feeling about an inch tall and sorry for myself. Laundry, emails for work, and then I went for a walk as I knew I needed the exercise and it would do me good. And lo, I started to run! I ran intervals of 2 walk/1 run for half an hour or so. I ran a whole 9 minutes, way more than I've done since my knees went out last winter. I know I need to start doing PT again if I plan on even trying this again and doing it longer, but it felt so damn good!

It's a nice distraction from my tattoo's decision to have a second shedding. Itchy itchy. And from my crappy meeting. AND I'm finally taking the plunge and going to see a therapist today about my moodiness and anxiety, so yay for that.

Off to another meeting. Have a good one!
  • ramalem
    Options
    Yay Jen! That had to feel so good. I can't wait to get back into running - cheers to you! :drinker: So sorry about your crappy day though, but glad you found a little ray of sunshine in there. Thanks for the compliments, it really means a lot :smile:
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    I echo everything Jen said - I'd have never guessed you were 7 months along! The dress is cute too! I could certainly use some of your productivity.

Nice run Jen - isn't it nice to feel like you've accomplished something?

Our company is huge into the United Way - we do a huge campaign every year. My morning was spent with the film crew interviewing employees on various things United Way related - what it means to them, how they get involved etc. Something different than the same old, same old - it was actually a lot of fun. Now to catch up on emails and get ready for another meeting in an hour. Funny, getting caught up in here takes priority LOL
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Options
    Ramalem, OMG that dress looks awesome on you! You should totally rock it at your baby shower :) so exciting!

Jen, I dislike those days too but that's awesome that you actually made it positive by just picking up the pace a bit on your walk, way to go!!

Blue, guys are such babies when they're sick! Like lost puppies...every single one of them!!

I too love that MFP takes priority over work emails ;)
    Have a great rest of your day everyone!!
  • ramalem
    Options
    Thanks guys! I think I will wear that one for sure :)

MFP always takes priority over work emails for me. It's one of the first things I check in the AM ha ha. Well today is my Friday and I have a four day weekend so I'm really looking forward to that. I have a bunch of errands to run tomorrow, and then we are hosting a tailgate at the University of Washington football game on Saturday, so that should be fun. Got the baby shower on Sunday and then Monday I've decided to set aside for relaxing AKA no painting!

What is everyone else up to this weekend?
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Options
    That sounds like a lovely weekend!

Me? I'm working on Saturday unfortunately (our annual inventory count) so I'll be recovering on Sunday and then I have 2 busy weeks before I leave on vacation to Hawaii....the count down is on!!
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    I'm trying to motivate myself to go to the gym, when all I want is to go home and loaf on the couch :) But I won't be back in until monday, so it's now or never. Watching a friend's kid for a bit tomorrow, going to an anniversary party for other friends on Saturday, grading grading grading. I collected some 40+ papers today, so the fun begins!
  • ramalem
    Options
    GO GO GO! You'll feel better I bet!
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    I went! Man, stage 7 is tough. Two kinds of dead lifts in one session? I brought the weight down again--now that I've been going a few days my muscles are far more fatigued than they were doing workout 1. I stuck with three sets. I only thought I was going to die once or twice. :tongue:

How was everyone else's day? We are sad ABC never comes in with our antenna and scandal is on at a better hour than before. Oh well!
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    . I only thought I was going to die once or twice. :tongue:

Quite the improvement isn't it? Lol I don't think I felt that until workout 4 or 5 :laugh:

No plans at all this weekend. Although we may winterized the trailer on Sunday. Whoo Hoo party time :laugh: