Starting Nov 1

Options

Replies

• ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    For now, I'm just adding the threads I actually write on to my bookmarks...
  • Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    didn't know we could. So much to learn! I hate change LOL
  • ramalem
    Options
    Well, my bookmarks aren't working either sooooooooooooo haha
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Yeah, I tried it to - didn't work!
  • sleepyjen
    sleepyjen Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Last night the groups vanished altogether, so this is a vast improvement. I suppose once we get used to it it'll be fine. and there are smileys, but in limited variety. :s

I haven't gotten in much exercise lately. A couple of days it was sheer laziness but it's been a zoo on the other days. Yesterday I spent the AM writing a midterm and trying to find a replacement tank for the toilet. No luck. Then I went in for two meetings, got a smidge of work done, and was off to the therapist. got home and the inlaws were here. They left and I was beat. Watched TV, went to bed.

I might start supercharged today. I'll see if I have gym clothes and go after my class ends at 315, assuming I don't have a line of students until 5. Then tonight the provost has been urging the hell out of us to go to some play she's booked. I have low desire but might try to go anyway. Enh! My poor weekend to-do list is still undone!

The therapist really wants me to start doing yoga again. So I might be joining you, Meg, as you do so. I hope your crankiness eases up. I've been a crab off and on lately, and it never does me much good!
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    The one thing I do like is that when you finally find the post you want to post in, it takes you to the last one! No more picking the page and scrolling to the end!

I'm interested in finding out what you think of supercharged, Jen. If we ever get thru Jillian due to our screwed up workloads, I might start supercharged. Or 4Life - I have that one too. They're very similar. I've never done yoga - never really been interested in it.

Jumped on the bike for a bit this morning. With Wes out of town it falls on me to make sure Nyxon is fed and watered. That slight deviation from normal really screws with my schedule LOL. Not gonna lie - I like routine so don't mess with it! ;)
  • ramalem
    Options
    Jen - I've been lacking in the workouts too. I did get a swim in yesterday and it felt really good, and what do you know alleviated a lot of my crankiness. I wish working out didn't make me feel so good :p Yay yoga! Did I ever tell you about the site doyogawithme.com? If you want free streaming yoga, this is a good place to find it.

Blue - I also like that part... that's about the only part. I am also interested what Jen thinks of supercharged. I'm trying to decide what I want to do post baby. I would assume I'm going to have to start doing something at home, so I may do Jillian's Shred when I get cleared to start working out and then move into a lifting routine. I'm thinking I actually might start off doing strong lifts for a little bit to gain some strength before moving back to a NROL. When my hubs goes out of town, I'm left to tend to the pup on my own as well, which also messes up my routine. But, what are you gonna do!?

Between my swim yesterday and the massage I got after work, I was SO tired yesterday. I should have just gone to bed at like 9, but I stayed up till my normal bed time of 10 reading and baking cookies. Tonight I'm heading to yoga and then I am pre-making tamale filling before I head up North to visit my friend and do our annual tamale making tomorrow. I've got a 5 day weekend ahead of me, and couldn't be more excited. Hoping to get our room all settled, build the last remaining dresser from Ikea and organize the nursery AND hoping to take a day to just relax.

What are you ladies up to this weekend? Blue, you've got a long one too!
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    I do :) Plus I'm off tomorrow so it's 4 days for me! Nothing too strenuous - except eating, lots of eating LOL If I'm going to spend $40 on brunch I'm going to eat it all! No sugar or carb counting for me on Sunday. I may end up in a food coma afterwards tho :p My sister makes a mean apple crisp - one of my favorites! Might have to go for a nice long walk between brunch and dinner LOL There will be a lot of calories packed into those two meals.

Are you doing Thanksgiving this weekend too, Meg?
  • ramalem
    Options
    Apple crisp, yum! Yep we are doing Thanksgiving on Sunday, so excited! We are deep frying a turkey, and skipping all the normal crap (green bean casserole, stuffing, cranberry sauce) we'd have at our extended family t-day and going with all our faves. I'm going to try out a pumpkin bread pudding recipe too!
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Enjoy your thanksgivings, ladies! I didn't realize you were such a creature of habit, blue. I sort of am. I don't mind disruptions, but tend to get out of the habit of something pretty fast.

That might explain why I'm on the couch with red wine, baguette, and sopresetta, rather than at the gym or taking a walk! lol. Tomorrow, I swear. Taking the frickin' car in in the morning (the one that just got "fixed" now has a check engine light....grrr. And then maybe, depending on how things go, taking a walk or going to a new yoga studio. I suck at streaming yoga, Meg--there's nothing about it to keep me honest and on track :blush:
  • ramalem
    Options
    Jen - I want all of the things you are enjoying on your couch right now... my mouth is watering!
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    They were pretty good! It's been just a hairy week. I had a kind of crappy student meeting on Tuesday that eviscerated some of the good and interesting things I thought we were doing in that class, and I had another but different crappy student meeting today. It's been just go go go. Tomorrow I have off but I'm going in with the car... There's still the toilet to deal with... I lifted Monday but have been too beat ever since!
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    So you listened to the nun - good choice :D Meg, it won't be too long before you'll be enjoying again!

I'm feeling pretty rough this morning :\ Took clients to the oilers game last night. Oh, I long for the days 3 drinks didn't give me a hangover lol! In 5 hours no less - it's not like I downed them really quick. I probably didn't have as much water as normal but still! I just hope the headache goes away soon.

Tonight is the celebration of the Oilers first Stanley cup win - 30 years ago! You know you're old when ... I used to skip school and watch them practice at west edmonton mall B) Those were the days! We paid $80 for our seats and similar seats are being advertised for $225! As much as I'd love to make some money, I'm not missing this for the world!

Enjoy your weekend!
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Poor hung over blue!

I dropped the car off today and walked back home. Exercise is in for the day! Right now I'm trying to batch the holes in our duvet cover, but Charlie the cat has decided I'm done. I should get some work done but I just feel like decompressing today.

Enjoy the game!
  • jenabeth32
    jenabeth32 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm starting on Monday! Would love to have some buddies.
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Well, welcome aboard, Jenabeth. We've been at this a while. Ramalem, Blue and I all finished the program in the last few months and mostly chit-chat here, about exercise and other stuff too. Good luck Monday!
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Our kitties just love to help don't they? :D I can't lay anything out without Nyxon thinking it's for her lol I'm sure that's exactly what charlie was thinking.

The celebration last night was awesome! Brought back so many memories. I miss those days - hockey's not like it used to be.

Had a pretty quiet day today. Our expected guests cancelled so it's been pretty low key. Got a workout in - did levels 1&2 of the shred back to back. I thought I was going to die! Big food day tomorrow so we'll likely try to get another workout in. I wouldn't mind trying that again - I was wiped!! I might just be too tired to hit the buffet too many times :D

Did you get your car fixed Jen?
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    I am glad you had fun! Hope Thanksgiving is going well.

Car's issue was evidently not one that needed fixing. Go figure.

I've spent a good chunk of yesterday and today rearranging my office at home to accommodate a huge oak table I got off of Craigslist. I plan to cut it down and put it on file cabinets as a desk, but that'll have to wait for next spring as the table will need to be sanded and oiled etc. So for now I have much more space on which to sew and grade! and I'm claiming all the effort as exercise.

I attempted to go to yoga this morning but the studio closed--it's website still says they're running classes and you can even spend money in the online store on a membership, but there's nothing actually in the studio. Shady stuff, that is.
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    That is shady!

Had a good weekend! Went for a run before all the food on Sunday. Didn't log a thing - too hard. I wasn't as bad as I thought I would be but the scale was way up this morning. Oh well :\ I'm in Calgary now - just got back from dinner - another day of not logging. Actually, there will be no logging at all this week. I will check in every day tho to see how y'all are doin' B)
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Well, as you know from FB I never made it to the gym yesterday. I was done grading by 630, though, and Ben got us some takeout for dinner. It wasn't exactly a healthy day! But that's ok.mim hoping to get to the gym and start supercharged this afternoon.