Starting Nov 1

Options

Replies

• ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies! Back from the long weekend. Don't have time to respond, but I'll be back later this afternoon!
  • ramalem
    edited October 2014
    Options
    You gals have been quiet today! Finally feeling a bit more caught up that I was this AM, so I figured I'd check back in.

The long weekend was good, certainly didn't feel like 5 days off, but I suppose that is something I should get used to huh? I feel like I hardly did anything too which is frustrating. Friday I drove up north to visit a friend and make tamales (we do it annually). It was nice to get some time in with her and to visit with her little guy who is 9 months old. Saturday/Sunday were spent watching football and Sunday night we had unofficial Thanksgiving which was SO tasty. Monday I took on the challenge of fitting all my husbands and my stuff into the closet in our room, which took a lot longer than I had anticipated ha ha. Yesterday, I just ran errands and took lunch to a friend who has a one month old. Lots and lots of baby/kid time this weekend... it was a tad overwhelming.

Blue- sounds like the Oilers game was fun... a little too fun? :) Hope your Thanksgiving was fantastic and that your work trip is going well.

Jen- Sounds like you've been busy busy per usual. That desk project sounds fun!

Well here is my 35 week bump, 5 more to go!

vwf41wspy74b.jpg
  • sleepyjen
    sleepyjen Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! After next week, you can go at more or less any time, right? Crazy how fast this has gone by.

I started Supercharged today. I was laughing when i started, as a 30 second plank feels like a walk in the park now. But then you do planks where you're also pulling on a cable row. That wasn't so funny. Overall it went well. The rests aren't prescribed, so I only had about 30-45 seconds between sets. I was in and out, including the intervals on the treadmill, in about 45 minutes. I suspect I'll be feeling it in the morning.

Hope all's well!
  • ramalem
    Options
    Good work Jen! Yeah, super charged does sound pretty intense. Can't wait to hear how you feel today :smiley:
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Sore! Not terribly but all over, esp my lower abs. Again I had big yoga plans but didn't make it, as the car was at my friends, and I with it. Another day! No exercise today, which is unfortunately the pattern lately. I don't know that I'll have the strength to go more supercharged tomorrow... Maybe a walk. The plumber will be here a good chunk of the day--the (sigh) new toilet goes in, and the old sink newly replumbed. Time to have the boiler serviced, too--it's been warm the last few days but we've already had the heat on a few mornings.
  • ramalem
    Options
    Sounds like a big weekend Jen ha ha. Man this Ebola thing is really starting to be a pain in the A. Of course some idiot nurse get's on a cruise ship who had contact with the Ebola patients blood work... making my Friday not very fun!
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    How us it making your Friday unfun? Do you work in healthcare?

I just ate a lot of food. I haven't not tallied my daily calories in nearly a tear, but today I am taking off. It was delicious and I'll get some exercise tomorrow. Cheese, pasta, shrimp, cocktails, pumpkin bread pudding. I'm bulking! Lol.
  • Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    You gals have been busy while I was gone! Sorry I've been MIA this week. The days in Calgary were really long. I was pretty much in my Jammie's at 7:00 every night. Wasn't able to sleep thru the night tho so it made the days even longer.

Meg, you look terrific! Cannot wait for that little bambino to be born! It seems like yesterday you shared the news with us. I was shocked to hear they sequestered someone on a cruise ship due to Ebola. Are a lot of people cancelling on you? Is that why you're so crazed? The fears seem to be unfounded but who knows? We were on a cruise ship coming up the west coast of Mexico when the swine flu hit in 2009. Everyone on board was so scared they diverted us out of two of the ports we were supposed to hit. Made for some really long days - the flu hadn't even hit the coast yet but we still couldn't go into ports. PITA!!

I remember reading about the planks with pulls in supercharged - sounds brutal. Jillian does something like that in level 3 of he shred. I think I'm going to go back to lifting when the shred is done. Jen, you get to be the guinia pig ;) I'm sure you'll let us know what it's all about lol. Wes moved onto level two while I was gone - he's so funny to watch :) His elbows come up to shoulder height in his bicep curls lol. Definitely not coordinated but he's seeing results already. I'm taking the weekend off - I did the BWM in the hotel - but I will do level two with him this week. My weight was also up 6 lbs but I'm hoping that's because of eating restaurant food all week. I wasn't too bad but I did have a few drinks. Two steps forward, eighteen steps back ;)
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Good morning ladies - happy Monday! :) I miss the drinking and flowers happy faces LOL

Back at it again this morning. Level 2 - nearly did me in! Wes was outlasting me this morning. What a difference a week makes! The cardio nearly killed me and I wasn't able to keep my balance on any of the moves! The plan this week is Mon-Thurs with Friday off and then I'm going to attempt 2 and 3 Sat and Sun because it's back to Calgary again on Monday. I must be retaining water as the scale is still above 150 :'(

Other than that - got a busy week at work. Although it's not all work - United Way week means more play than work ;) Good thing I'm not terribly busy these days LOL
  • ramalem
    Options
    Morning ladies!

Jen - I work in the cruise industry, and last week a gal who came into contact with the man who died from Ebola got onto a Carnival Cruise ship (they own our company) and created some wide spread cruise/travel industry panic, which as blue mentioned is slightly erratic and crazed :smiley: Anywho, of course upper management was making a way bigger deal out of it then they needed to (pretty typical around here) so I was busy all weekend keeping my eyes peeled for ANY mention of Ebola. Sigh... All that food sounds amazing.

Blue - We missed ya! And thanks! I can't wait for it to be here either, t-minus 4 weeks! I'm sure people will be cancelling, but I think it's just more general hysteria in the travel industry right now. This gal was 19 days past contact with no symptoms, so really there was nothing to worry about. Still, maybe she should have thought twice about getting into such close quarters with 4,000+ people. And yes, I can't imagine that being at sea when you're supposed to be heading to port would be too much fun.

I had my family baby shower on Saturday so that was fun. Now I've just got a big old list of things I still need to buy to get prepped for baby. For some reason the weeks ending in "5" for me during this pregnancy have been pretty rough. I started getting contractions on Friday, probably due to the amount I've been walking + stress, so my Dr. told me to just slow down and take it easy. Things are definitely getting harder, and it's frustrating! My sister came over on Saturday night and pretty much unpacked and organized everything for me in the nursery, which was a project I was totally dreading so that was nice. I should have some pics to show you guys this week!

I don't plan on much exercise this week as we've got a lot going on after work it seems. I'm going to yoga tomorrow night and Saturday and maybe sneak a swim in there somewhere. I'm pretty sure it's time to put the ole gym membership on hold for now. :p

Anyway, that's it for me this AM. Hope you ladies had a lovely weekend!
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Hey all! This day was completely nuts--I was at work for over 12 hours. No time to exercise, and none tomorrow either. I'll try to post tomorrow. So tired now.
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Sounds like a tough day Jen! Hopefully today will be better. The beauty of exercise is that it will always be there tomorrow. How many supercharged workouts have you done so far?

Can't wait to see the nursery pics Meg! How nice of your sister to organize your nursery for you :) He/she will be here before you know it!

Shredded again this morning - man, she's tough! Although I didn't sleep well last night, the workout seemed easier this morning. Wes is already thinking of what he wants to do next - I told him he should at least get level 3 in before making that decision LOL We're going to try it this weekend.

Have a wonderful day!
  • ramalem
    Options
    Jen - hope today is better for you!

I love that you guys shred together Blue :smile: I didn't sleep well last night either, up at 3am and pretty much never fell back asleep. I have acupuncture and yoga tonight, hoping that will help!
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Wes has always been the kind of guy to do things against the grain. One year we both did aqua-aerobics - his friends teased him because they thought babes in bathing suits. They've obviously never been to a class LOL. It wasn't that bad - at the time (probably 20 years ago!) those ladies were the age I am now ;) Our perspectives sure change over the years LOL

I forgot to tell you guys - Sunday morning we got up early to go get groceries. At our store, if you spend so much you get the bonus whatever it is. Sunday just happened to be the 125 count of Halloween chocolate bars! And we don't get any kids in our neighborhood! Normally I'd have no problem disposing of that before Christmas but I'm still trying to watch my sugars :'( Guess the box will have to come to work - either that or any kid that might come to my door is going to get a windfall LOL
  • ramalem
    Options
    You can send it to me hahahaha
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    DONE what's your address??
  • ramalem
    Options
    No way, really!?
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Lucky you, Meg! I'd throw them in the freezer and slowly dole them out.

So hi! How are you? I was at work for a 13 hour day on Monday and was there until after 5 yesterday, to then come home and find I didn't have easy dinner ready to go b/c of the crock pot mistake. Oops. Monday I had 5 meetings and an event; yesterday, I had classes and some 5 students in between classes, followed by a late afternoon meeting. Our president is retiring, and I'm on the committee to find a new one. Thus my schedule this week was a zoo as the search firm came in and met with us a bunch. Today will be much calmer, and I'll finally get some exercise, which I haven't had a chance to do since Sunday. I'll be doing Supercharged #2. The DOMs kept me from doing any late last week, and the weekend was too busy. Saturday I did about-the-house stuff forgetting how much work I had to do since I'd not have my Monday prep day; we were out until very late Saturday night, and then I woke up early Sunday. I had to be at work for an event at 3, so I cleaned the house and did some running in the morning, then went in. Midway through that event it dawned on me that I did have that work, and so I spent Sunday evening working feverishly. And that's how it's been since!

Today I have a student coming at 215, a meeting at 3, therapist at 4. I'm hoping to get to the gym at 1. Zany crazy days of October. My list of things to do before one is huge, but at least I'm not running from meeting to meeting all day and can do them!

I hope the yoga and acupuncture help, Meg! I'm a much nicer person and much more functional when I've had some sleep.
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    You want me to send half to you Jen? ;) I'm sure Meg will share LOL After the last couple of days you've had you could probably stand a sugar overload!

Off to donate blood this morning. Then it's a BBQ for the United Way and dress rehearsal for our closing ceremonies. It's going to be a tough day LOL Top it off with dinner with my Mom for her birthday. And only 200 cals over!

Hope yours is going well!
  • ramalem
    Options
    I wish I could slowly dole anything out... I usually just gorge myself o:)

I'm sorry your schedule is so busy Jen... and really sorry about your crock pot meal. I've never overcooked, but I've certainly forgotten to turn it on. Ooopsies. At least it's hump day? And almost the weekend?

Blue - yeah don't overdo it over there ha ha.

Acupuncture was AMAZING. I've never had it done before, but I woke up this morning and I had ankles you guys! It's an early Christmas miracle!!!!! I also woke up sans headache. This woman and her tiny needles are miracle workers. I have an appt. per week scheduled up until I give birth. More contractions last night... I wish that was a sign that the baby will be coming on time, alas I don't think it works that way ha ha.

Have a great day ladies!