Starting Nov 1

Options

Replies

• Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I didn't send you my box of candy. We had way more TorT'ers than I expected. We probably saw about 30 kids! Lots left over so some will be coming your way :) Just not as much as I expected LOL
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I made my hubs go out and buy some just in case, and the guy came home with TWO jumbo bags... seriously dude... not cool.
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    I must have had 20 pieces on Friday throughout the day! Pretty much my entire intake was made up of candy LOL Popcorn for lunch and then chased it all afternoon with chocolate. Had dinner and MORE chocolate! It was a good day ;)
  • ramalem
    Options
    Sounds like a lovely day! I fully intend to keep indulging, we can't have candy going to waste!
  • sleepyjen
    sleepyjen Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I had a cannoli-filling filled donut for lunch today, so I'm in no position to judge :)
  • Pmagnanifit
    Pmagnanifit Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Congratulations nov girls!
    It's your one year nrolw anniversary!
    I am usually on the daily chat thread but I have always thought of you as nov start- happy one year of nrol
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Awww! Hey, thanks! It didn't even occur to me we'd been at this for a year. We all finished the book, too, and have gone on to more things!
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Congratulations nov girls!
    It's your one year nrolw anniversary!
    I am usually on the daily chat thread but I have always thought of you as nov start- happy one year of nrol

How sweet - I too, totally forgot it was about a year ago we all started! Although I had a couple of months of under 150, all the travelling I did in October pushed it right back over :'( Pretty much the exact same place as a year ago LOL
  • ramalem
    Options
    oh wow! I didn't even think about that either :) Thanks for the congrats PMA!

Had a Dr. Appt this morning, things are looking good, and progressing!
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    The end is near Meg! Getting closer every day! B)
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    You're not the same, Blue--the weight's only a #, and you're much stronger!
    Woohoo, Meg!
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    I know Jen. I'm definitely stronger and my waist is more defined but I haven't changed sizes at all. I've been at this for almost 4 years now so I'm pretty used to it lol
  • ramalem
    Options
    Morning ladies!

I agree with Jen, Blue - I think you've definitely changed.

I was thinking yesterday about how far I've come in a year with just general knowledge about lifting and eating etc. I feel like now I have such a good grasp on the tools, I just need to start using them effectively, which really is easier said than done. I also feel like there are a few lifts that I could use some work on, so hoping that I can find some money in the budget to get a personal trainer for a few weeks in the new year or have my friend who used to be a trainer come and help me out. I know I'm going to have to start back from ground zero (potentially even less than the bar)... which already frustrates me ha ha, but I'll get there.

Anyway, sorry for the thought rant there. How's everyone's hump day?
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    I'd love for my new year's resolution (that is, going into our year 2) to be to find my personal bests, and not be such a chicken about going to the gym just to do that. I know I can squat more than 70 lbs and deadlift more than 65--I can probably do a single-rep high with substantially more.

And that's not a thought rant :)

Did Supercharged from home today. It wasn't quite the same since I don't have a cable row--I used a band for it, and while that was ok for the side squat and row, it was peanuts for the standing row. But hey, at least it's done--I haven't done it since Thursday for a host of reasons, lazy being one of them. I even did the intervals, running around the block. So I feel good.

Off to meetings etc. Then to get some hard liquor--I'm going to make Apple Pie Moonshine for giving this year--bring one to Thanksgiving, etc. But I need to buy grain alcohol to make it. Lol.
  • ramalem
    Options
    oh yum! I've always wanted to make that! Let me know how it goes :)
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    that does sound yummy!

Meg, I don't think you'll be less than the bar - but it's probably a good place to start and get your bearings. Jen, you (and I - and Meg when she's back fulltime) could probably squat 100 in a single rep! I don't quite see the point of single rep maximums tho as repeating one rep isn't going to get you very far :) I think as long as you're progressing that's what counts. I tended to up weights on every odd numbered workout. I felt it allowed me to achieve proper form before trying to add more on. As long as you're doing that, whatever you're lifting is your personal best. :)
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    I think it's the knowing that I can is what I want, rather than trying to get much out of it. These 15 rep sets don't allow for much increase--I miss the sets of 4 or 8. I probably should have pushed harder then!

I forgot I had stuff until after 5 tonight so the moonshine will have to wait until Friday!
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Is supercharged all 15 rep sets? That's brutal - that's what was so hard about stage 7 and made me take so long to get it done. 6-8 is a nice round number :) How many days of each A & B do you do?

Wes has been sick all week with a cold/flu so I've been shredding on my own. I'm going to try for level 3 on the weekend. Give that 2 weeks and I should be back lifting Nov 24! Still haven't decided if I'm going to continue the program I built or move to Supercharged - Jen, you get to be my gauge :D I still want to get a good 4 weeks in before vacation at Christmas - dang it's getting close!
  • ramalem
    Options
    Christmas is so close it's crazy. My mother in law sent me a Christmas outfit for the baby and I was like, wait... that's coming up!? Ha ha.

Jen - 15 is brutal... I agree, 4-8 definitely allows you to move up more. I imagine your gains will then just come maybe every 4 workouts instead of 2?

Blue - I got that cold last week and it wasn't fun... hopefully you don't catch it. I can't seem to shake the stuffy nose either. I don't think I've ever made it to level 3, good work!
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    So the routine in super charged at this point is basic training one. There is an A workout and a B work out and you do both to four times. I'm halfway. At the end of basic training one, there's basic training two three and I think four. These are all high rep workouts which I guess are challenging in their own way.

I can't believe it's already well into November. I am not ready.

I hope you don't get sick blue. And that your stuffy nose clears out, Meg. It's that time of year when that stuff keeps going around.
    I didn't work out today. It was a bit of a long day of work and I had to go to the store afterwards. For cookies. I mean Cat food. Or both which is what happened. It's rainy and in the low 40s today so I'm camping on the couch with A cup of tea and using the iPad's dictation to write this which is funny because it changes some things to crazy alternatives like saying I went to the store not for cat food but Catholics. LOL.