Starting Nov 1

Options

Replies

• ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Well I'm planning on working through Thursday, I'll have my day off on Friday (which is paid) and then we'll just play it by ear on Monday. Likely Thursday will be my last day though... I'm just trying to get more time on the other end :smile:
  • Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    If you're still feeling up to it - I would too! That's the important time :) When is THE date? The 20th? Are you sick of people asking if you've popped yet? LOL
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Haha, yeah the 20th. I agree about it being important time, and also kiddo won't start day care until April 1st and right now my first day back would be March 28th or something so we'd have to find care for a few days... so a few different reasons to tough it out. Also, if it's only half days I'm working I think I can handle. But yes, people are like "you're still here?" My sister answers my phone calls with "is the baby coming?"
  • sleepyjen
    sleepyjen Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Hahahahaa. Everyone's so eager! I can't believe you're just a few days away!

I had a reasonably productive day today. Did all the shoppings, finished the laundry (all but what needs to be brought upstairs), litterboxes, did the reading for class, made dinner, cleaned up. Then I realized notebook with my notes for the grade evaluations I need to write tonight was on my desk...at work. So i had to go in, but only for a minute. Grabbed the notebook and ran back out! Tomorrow I'll be there from 9-5, then I'll go home for dinner, and back in to show a movie. I'll be back home around 10. :( That's as close to a sleepy face as I can find.
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Crappy sleep (again!) last night but managed to drag my body out of bed and do a second session of Ripped in 30. I definitely recommend you add it to your routine when you're up to it Meg - it's tough. And we're only in week 1 :'( I'm still feeling some DOMS from the first go round on Saturday! It's about 10 min longer than the Shred. Perfect for before work.

Busy day today Jen! My whole week is quiet (touching wood!). Wes is out of town tonight so after work I'm going to go wash my car. I may even treat myself to McDonalds! It's either that or a pizza when I get home :) Probably followed by chocolate LOL And early to bed - it sucks waking at 3 and not being able to go back to sleep :(
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Oh I forgot to mention - remember my neighbor's pig, ELI, that they were trying to force from their home - they lost the first go-around in court yesterday :'( They still define him as 'livestock' despite many, many contrary opinions that he's an exotic pet and not a farm animal. Poor Eli! They have until sometime in the new year to get it figured out before the removal order is enforced :( Stoooopid busybody neighbors and a city council that won't budge!
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Poor piggy! That's such a stupid and unnecessary situation. The family must be devastated.

Yesterday was a long day with no time for exercise. I will be starting basic training 2 in a couple of hours. Fewer reps this time around. I think I'll just follow the book's suggested exercise list. So much easier than doing it myself.
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    That's easier sometimes isn't it? But knowing full well you can sub out those stupid lunges with rear leg raised LOL

I tweaked something behind my knee yesterday doing Ripped - it was sore all day so I thought I'd just ride the bike this morning while Wes is gone. It's feeling much better now so we'll be back at it in the morning! Scale was down to match my lowest low :D in spite of having McDonald's last night for dinner! And Montana's the night before. And a complete junk fest of jalapeno chips and chocolate on the weekend! This is what I just don't get - I should be chock full of sodium and bloated like a balloon after eating like that, yet the scale goes down 1.4 lbs???? Go figure! Not complaining - nosireebob! - but I wish I understood why the 'rules' don't seem to apply!
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    hey hey, good for you!

I did basic II a today and it went well.

So here's an eye-opener for me today: When I went to put a scoop of protein powder in my container today, I didn't have a full on in the bag and ended up measuring out the 22g. This was a HUGE amount of powder. I think I've been under-scooping all this time and thus getting less protein than I thought. Guess I"ll be measuring from now on! This does explain why my bags of powder last so long!
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    That would do it :) Do you put it in a shake? How will it taste with extra protein? I buy the pre-made shakes from costco - Premier I think they're called. 30g of protein and they taste not bad. I have them after my workout - I'm too lazy to mix something up myself at that hour of the morning. They're also good for a grab and go to get something filling in your tummy.
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    I looked yours up once; they're whey, which doesn't agree with me for some reason. Mine are this fancy vegetable-based powder--pea, hemp, god only knows what else (Vega's Viva Vanilla--I get it from Amazon). I mix it usually with water and suck it down. I guess they must mean a packed scoop rather than a loose one? I'll have to test it out next time I scoop some--give it a weigh.
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    OMG, overdid it on the deadlift w/ row--2 sets, 10 reps, 65 lbs. I knew I was using my back more than I should have for the rowing part but didn't want to adjust the weight down b/c I'm lazy. So feeling it today! DOMs DOMs DOMs.
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Oops! Back DOMS are the worst! We are so much alike - I wouldn't bother adjusting either LOL Did you try the full scoop of protein? How did it taste?

Scale was up 1.8 this morning - so much for my low! That's more of what I was expecting even tho I was under 50 cals for the day. Our bodies are so weird!

Did Ripped again this morning - I find her more annoying on this DVD than any of the others. I think we'll move on to week 2 on Monday.
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    For all the lurkers perusing our thread, Ramalem had her baby yesterday! It's a boy! Charles David weighing in at 7 lbs 5 oz! Jen and I are proud honorary Aunties :D
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Yeah, Meg!! Wooohooo!

I mixed it with my yogurt, of which I didn't have enough, and then ended up thinning it all out with water. It was vile but I ate it.
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    that does sound nasty! :s
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Protein grossness!
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    DOMs continue today. I probably won't get to the gym, as my shoulders--as in, running across them--still ache, as does my low back. Oops! I'll have to get in Sat--Mon--Wed., as the gym's closed Th/Fr for our Thanksgiving.
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Rest day for me. Big debate in our household is whether or not we should move onto week 2 tomorrow! :smile:
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Imagine the DOMs! Stay put! lol.