Starting Nov 1

Options

Replies

• sleepyjen
    sleepyjen Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad the acupuncture was helpful! Wonderful!

I'm not motivated to go to the gym. I"m thinking about going outside and raking instead, so then I can just take a shower and go to my 2p meeting, and get stuff done here in the meantime. it's nice to have a day where I didn't rush out the door for an 8am something or other.

chickenless quesadilla for lunch today :P
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I say do whatever you think will make you feel the best.

Boo for dilla's sans chicken!
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    I raked! in my jammie pants, with a fleece. now i'm at work on time to get at least a couple of things done before the student i'm meeting shows up.
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Today I'm teaching all day and then, after a 45 minute window, going with some of my teaching team for a happy hour I scheduled a month ago. Alas, no gym today. Dammit.
  • ramalem
    Options
    Ugh, good luck Jen!

Blue - scary stuff happening up your way yesterday, yikes!

Alright ladies, I'm off for my last long weekend before maternity leave. I'll be back on Tuesday. I hope you all have a lovely weekend :smiley:
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    I saw that! That's the kind of nonsense i expect here, not in Canada!

Enjoy the weekend! my period started last night so I overate today. I was so hungry. Also, beer is highly caloric :) To the gym tomorrow!
  • Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately things like that do happen here - all too often I'm afraid :'( You guys just never hear about it lol.

I just love days I'm not in the office but then I never seem to make it in here. I haven't been sleeping well so not much exercise has been happening this week. Waking up between 2&3 really sucks when the alarm goes off at 5 :s
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    That sounds awful, blue. Do you get back to normal this week?

I finally did round two of supercharged today. I can feel the ache setting in now. We went to a friend's for dinner and he over fed us, but that's ok. Day 2 of my period I'm pretty much ravenous anyway.
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Nope - Calgary again this coming week. Then it should go back to normal :) Just in time for my birthday lol. That means even more food and drinks! I think I've decided there is no 'normal' anymore!

Are you liking the supercharged? I still want to get back to lifting one of these days. Gotta get thru Jillian first :p

Do either of you get migraines with aura's? I've been getting the flashes since Thursday. Mostly when I'm in a dimly lit room. I get no pain or the symptoms of confusion - just the flashing lights. I'm kinda Leary to do any exercise. I'm sure it's nothing like Christina but that scared the bejesus out of me. If it doesn't go away on its own I will make an appt with my doc.

Another school shooting in WA state :'( What is it with people???
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    I have friends who get those migraines. Sounds awful. I hope yours goes away soon and def get to the dr if it doesn't.

Today was a gogogo day. No quantifiable exercise but I'd like to think installing light fixtures in the basemen--up the ladder, down the ladder--counts!
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Oh, I forgot to answer your question. Supercharged is good. It only feels kind of hard while I'm doing it--that is, truly difficult as opposed to "this is hard but I know I can do it difficult." Yesterday I did these awful jackknife push-ups that were so difficult that I couldn't get through a whole 15 rep set. Planks with pull downs are also nasty. The DOMs are brutal. I hurt mostly on my left in the muscles that wrap around your ribs, and my pec on that side. Other stuff isn't so bad. I did 2 15 rep sets of split squats yesterday. I dropped the weight to 65 lbs to make it feasible, but probably could have done 70. Backward lung/shoulder press combis were a different story. I did shorter sets with puny 10 lb weights until my arms gave out.
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Fitbit Jen, that's all I can say ;)
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    hhahaha, i posted this and thought you'd say that.
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    I ate a whole pumpkin cream cheese muffin. I meant to cut it in half so I'd get a little cream cheese in two servings. but I ate the bottom while working on something and still wanted the top. I might have ruined my lunch :)
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    I wouldn't call it ruined. Enhanced maybe, but not ruined ;) Yes, I'm an enabler LOL

I missed your supercharged update - so what's your program like? It seems odd you'd be using different muscles. Didn't we just use them all so recently?

No flashing lights in my head yesterday or today - YAY!!! I'm going to do the BWM while I'm in Calgary and try the shred again on the weekend.
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    I'm always sore after a workout, but those plank pull downs work muscles I don't use that much so I really feel it. Back in tomorrow! I didn't get to exercise today as time with students took longer than expected.

Despite my muffin, I'm still under for today! Lol.
  • ramalem
    Options
    Morning ladies! So not excited to be back at work today... boo.

Blue - I get migraines every now and then, but acupuncture really helped with those. I definitely never linked what Christina went through and migraines until it happened to her. I've never had aura's though... and really it never hurts to be over cautious. Hopefully it just goes away on it's own. Yeah that shooting - yikes. Marysville is about a 45 minute drive North of Seattle, totally small town, really REALLY sad. Have a good week in Calgary, and whooo hooo almost your Birthday! Any fun plans?

Jen - Your bathroom looks amazing! Walking up and down ladders certainly counts.

I had a lovely and productive 4 days off. Finished up most of the baby shopping, did a GIANT costco run, got all my returns and exchanges done and still had quite a bit of downtime. I got a facial and went shopping with my mom yesterday too which was really nice. I can't wait to wear normal clothes again! We also did our hospital tour on Sunday, which was super informative and really put me at ease, although, we did hear a woman in active labor while walking through the maternity ward. I thought one of the poor girls was going to pass out :D

Hope you ladies have a good Tuesday!
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Sounds like you're ready, Meg! Woohoo! I'm glad you had a good time. I hope you got a lot of sleep, bwah ah ah, as you won't see much of that soon! And thanks for the compliment on the bathroom--I can't wait until it's done.

So re: the supercharged routine. Right now I'm doing Basic Training 1, which has a part A and a Part B that you alternate by day. Today I did Part A, round 2. You do a plank (30 seconds), then side planks with rows (better than plank with pulldown but not spectacular). Repeat. Then you do two sets of five box jumps. Then you do another alternating set, this time of goblet squats and standing cable rows--two sets of 15 reps. Then another alternating set, this one of step ups and push ups--two sets of 15. My arms were like jello by the time I finished. Your'e supposed to then do 2-4 interval sets, but all the treadmills were taken and the softball team was filing into the gym (it's tiny, so this was a problem), so I took off.
  • ramalem
    Options
    Sounds like a good program Jen, I'm really ready to get back into a routine.

I forgot to post the nursery pics - it's still not totally decorated, but you get the idea:

9xie3cocpvh7.jpg
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Such a cozy room! It's getting closer every day. I agree with Jen - sounds like you're as ready as you can be :)

My arms are jelly just reading about your workouts Jen. I miss it and will be getting back to it soon.

My week so far in Calgary has been the week from hell. I can't sleep - it's 4:30 am as I type this :'( We are testing a new accounting program and nothing seems to be working. None of the scripts match the information in the program. Very frustrating! I've done a lot of sitting and checking my phone lol I've been doing pretty good on the sugar but I broke down yesterday and had a Mars bar. It was soooo good :D