Starting Nov 1

Options

Replies

• clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I just took off my patch ... let's see how it rolls... so my friends if I start getting all psycho babble on facebook - just slap me back into reality..
  • ramalem
    ramalem Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday ladies! Clam good luck sans patch, you can do it. I did 30 ds yesterday and man oh man am I out of shape. I walked a crap ton yesterday too so my legs are feeling it today.

Hoping to get more shred in this weekend. David is leaving for New York tomorrow - Wednesday, wish me luck!
  • clambert1273
    Options
    so going without patch is not going to work at the moment... I have been awake since 2:30am .... AND I just finally got to weigh myself and discover the tragedy that I have become... OMG... biggest I have been without being pregnant.. good lord..
  • clambert1273
    Options
    In other news :) I have done some reading and research for myself and decided to forgo lifting for a while. I found the "Convict Conditioning" book to be pretty awesome which is progressive bodyweight stuff :)

I will be starting that tomorrow - slowly 2 days a week and working through those items. If I ever get to the master levels, I will feel like a complete badass so win win lol
  • sleepyjen
    sleepyjen Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody!!

I have returned to the mainland--it's covered in snow. WTF. I'm also not getting on the scale. Hell no. But I did wear a bikini for a week in Maui, a first since I was probably 14.

I've read through what I missed last week and here are my 2c.

1. Hey, it's Clam! Welcome back! I'm totally with you re: fears. I still don't go on roller coasters after a yearlong bout with vertigo four or five or so years ago, so I would also be anxious as you are if I were in your shoes. I'd wait for the doctor's ok, and then gently go for it. And good on you for quitting smoking--the patch isn't some kind of failure, it's a bridge.
    2. Meg! As Terrie said, it's good to acknowledge how you're feeling rather than avoiding it and pretending like it's not there; I'm a big fan of getting help when needed. I see my therapist once a week or so, mainly to keep my anxiety about stuff from overwhelming me or plunging me into a funk.
    3. Terrie! Excellent news re: home gym. I wish I had one some days, mainly so I wouldn't have to run into work colleagues and chat with them--some times I just want to quietly work out.
    4. Blue! Cheers to the new baby, she's lovely!

After the looooong travel day with little overnight sleep, we managed to stay awake until around 9 last night (though I napped a bit around 7, accidentally) and then slept from 930 or so until 915 this morning. Wow! I'm totally thrown off by this, as I'm an early morning person and it's already 11 but doesn't feel so. Our jet lag should be pretty well fixed by tomorrow, though, I'm hoping. My plan is to get dressed and go to the grocery store before it becomes a zoo (that's about a half an hour from now, though, so I might just have to wear my patient pants), and then eventually get to the gym to finish Basic Training III, the last workout I meant to do before we left but was too sick to accomplish. I still have the end of that cold, if you can believe it. I carried tissues all over Maui, but didn't let it stop me. My TOM started there unexpectedly, as well, so it was kind of a physically odd vacation :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, these groceries won't get themselves, so I ought to move. See you!
  • terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Just doing a quick check in. Did an all night softball (indoor) tournement. Soooo sore but I think that is from 30DS. I did manage to get almost all my steps (10k) in before I even went to sleep (7am)
    Meg - how often are you shredding? I'm struggling. I started with weights too high and have been are since. I am finding that I can't finish all the exercises without putting the weights down (even using 5 lb last time! ) I was going to take a weight break and just do the exercises without to get my body rested. Hopefully weights (light) tomorrow then none Tuesday as I prepare for a long run at the friend. The shred prior to our run last time was horrible!
    Cabt wait to hear about the trip Jen! Will check in tomorrow I hope, have to move around before I lose the mild motivation I have now :smile:
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    I went to the gym yesterday but didn't quite finish the workout as I was flagging pretty seriously. There just wasn't enough food in my stomach to work with and by the time I finished my next to last set of shoulder presses (near the end of the workout) I knew I was done and that pushing it would just result in injury. So with two sets of pushups with rows and one set of presses left, I quit. I felt pretty good in there, though, up to that point, and didn't need to drop any weight from prior to vacation. Yay!

I think I need to step up my non-lifing routine--to at least get consistent about it--as I would really love to lose more body fat so that my muscles are more prominent. I'd love to be able to do some thing about the heavy cellulite/saddle bags on my outer per thighs, but sadly that's all just genetic. I'll probably always see it. I've noticed that as my legs get stronger that stuff almost seems more prominent, because it's not melting the way the rest of the fat does. Alas!
  • ramalem
    Options
    Hi ladies, happy Monday.

Terrie- well I shredded once last week haha. I'm hoping to get 3 days of it in a week, and even more if I can. I started with 5 lb weights and I prob should have started lower :smile:

Jen - yay for not having to drop weights. And I hear ya on the non strength stuff, I gotta get some cardio in.

My hubbs is out of town until Wednesday so my sis has been staying with me which is awesome, haven't been eating well but trying to change that this week. I'm interested to see what the scale says this week... The losing weight while breast feeding gravy train has to end sometime!
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    Ride it as long as you can! I remember a friend of mine losing much of her baby weight when she breast fed.

I am supposed to start Basic Training IV of supercharged tomorrow and it looks BRUTAL. Substantially longer, more sets, and cruel looking stuff like inverted rows. Oh, and stuff you're supposed to to as metabolic training through lifting (I've generally not done any HIIT after my lifts, as the book doesn't specify doing them--now I see why). So it's 15-20 seconds of deadlifting (wtf), then the same of pushups, carried loads, and standing cable rows. HAHAHAHAHA.

Enjoy the time with your sis, Meg! How long's the long run, Terrie?
  • clambert1273
    Options
    My updates... working out at night just won't happen for me.. EVER.. so back to getting up at 4:30am and do whatever it is I am doing lol So for now, will be going back to my trusted TurboJam (quick and easy) then doing my 2 days of convict conditioning on top of it... Not sure I will adjust my calorie intake yet will just keep it where it is and see how I feel :)

I feel I am doing good just remembering to take all my meds LOL god I am old.. lol
  • ramalem
    Options
    Go go Jen and clam!
  • Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I'm baaaack! Didn't mean to go MIA but only had phone access while I was in Vancouver on the weekend. Time to catch up!

Jen, your trip looked amazing! We're doing Hawaii at Christmas - it looks so beautiful. I can't wait. Is it too early to start counting sleeps? ;) I will start practicing so I won't need to make friends with Bill this time LOL Did you start your next workout level? That does sound brutal!

I love your plan Christina! I need to do at least that. I got home last night and pretty much crashed. And turned off the alarm this morning so I could sleep. Got. To. Get. Back. On. Track!! Scale was way up again after a weekend of restaurant eating and not enough water :(
    How's the patch? Did you put it back on?

Terrie and Meg on the 30DS - I started with 5lbs as well. Some I was able to up to 8, others I dropped to 3 and that one squat with a V raise (or whatever it's called!) I did none! That might be level 2. I thought I was strong - until I started shredding again LOL

Have to run to a meeting - I will try to check in again later.
  • clambert1273
    Options
    nope... Mike is the debil... keeps buying packs... so I took it off and I told him .. "DO NOT BUY ANY MORE" ... so I think either Friday or Saturday I will return to the patch... *sigh*
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    Just like with food - it's so hard to quit something when someone keeps enabling you LOL
  • clambert1273
    Options
    Just like with food - it's so hard to quit something when someone keeps enabling you LOL

oh he does that too... every. damn. day... I get the text "do you want some chips, muffin or starbucks"... I am like REALLY DUDE!!! lol I now just answer "no" and move on *sigh*
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    mmm, i want chips, muffin and starbucks.

We're trying to fully adjust to eastern time today. Bleh. We've been going to bed around 10 only to read and be awake until 12, and then sleep until 9. Back t work, so that wasn't going to fly. Went to bed around 12, up at 720. I'm feeling pretty tired now, even though 7.5 hours of sleep isn't bad.

I haven't started BTIV yet. I should go to the gym. Or take a nap. Or write my syllabi.

Hawaii was amazing; I wouldn't start counting, though, as it'll seem awfully far away.
  • Blueberry09
    Options
    sleepyjen wrote: »
    Hawaii was amazing; I wouldn't start counting, though, as it'll seem awfully far away.

I guess I DO have another exciting trip coming up but it's not tropical. So how many time zones were you away? I'm never quite sure how many hours Hawaii is from here. On the cruise we were 3 away for most of it, and down to two for the last couple but it still wreaks havoc on the body. When we go to Denmark it will be 8 hours difference - not looking forward to THAT jetlag - either way!

When I started my weight loss it was seldom chips or chocolate but Wes was always bringing home alcohol! I was trying so hard to be good and he kept buying me regular coolers instead of the light ones (228 cal vs 80). Until he started eating healthier he could never understand why I was so upset. I'm certainly not one to let alcohol go to waste ;)

• terrie_k
    terrie_k Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Where did you stay in Hawaii Jen, where in Maui? Which island for you Blue and have you been before?

I gave myself a break from 30DS yesterday, I went to volleyball and had zero strength to lift my arm. The evening before, I shredded without weights and tried some yoga for ease my muscles. Between the shred, and staying up all night running around, I was spent! I really want to quit the shred and start lifting again but I quit almost everything so I am trying hard to make the full 30 days.. lifting will have to wait :(

Our 'long run' is only about 6km, not really that long, but considering I struggled with <5km last week, my quads are crying just thinking about it :)

I'll have to shred when I get back because I feel weird about missing 2 days, returning for 1 day then going to level 2. I'm going to be smarter with weight selection this time.
  • sleepyjen
    Options
    I'll go to the gym tomorrow morning; I didn't do anything today :) I theoretically got some work done instead.

I was on Kaanapali, Terrie. It was awesome! For us, it's 5 hours time difference. I didn't find readjusting from Europe nearly so hard as readjusting to eastern, but it's easier to go west and adjust than east, i think.
  • clambert1273
    Options
    I am supposed to workout today... forgot to set my alarm - oops so it looks like I will be attempting this at night after dinner with kids... that should be SUPER fun...