Jo's Packing It On Journal!

Options

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    160 today.

YEAH- really killing the bulking. LOL

but I definitely feel squishy- that might have more to do with the fact I haven't lifted since tuesday. EW.

In to the gym with me today- I danced last night- and that was okay- but not really what I need. Oh well.

Dance workshop today from 12-2- and then i'm going to go hit the gym like the angry fist of god.

well least that's what I'm telling myself LOL
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Front squats- 12 sets to failure and back down

"Superset" or alternating rather LOL
    Walking lunges with 75 and then 95 lbs
    3 foot box jumps

Only two rounds of the last- **** is hard. I was tired.

I practiced hand stands and L sits today- I even might have a video to share ;) wink wink

I'm tired.

I'm having serious anger management issues and it's draining the life from me. I'm ready to NOT be like this.
    Ah well.

Pizza and beer- here I come!!! WOOTWOOT

bam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKaGewMFFQw
  • JoRocka
    Options
    yay back day- my pull ups suck- I'm disappointed with these to be honest.

sigh - oh well...

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/ec0dli54us7akoo/fkZfZlze5r
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I think they look great! That last video you did 9 pull-ups - that's fantastic!
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Gonna check out your videos when I'm not at work. Just keep it up--you're doing great!
  • yogaga1
    yogaga1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    You are a total badass! I've got my eyes on you!!

I've been working on inverted PU all month just to get to 1 regular *kitten* PU! ;)
  • JoRocka
    Options
    LOL thanks
    I think they look great! That last video you did 9 pull-ups - that's fantastic!
    should have been ten- I think it was 25 or 35 total- not sure- it was supposed to be 2 sets of 10 then 3 sets of 5... the last set I had someone video was the VERY last set- only because the two I took- they look like cheater reps. They aren't same height- if not higher- but the angle sucks.

ah well. Lots of work to be done- my explosive pull ups- they sucked- supposed to be clearing the bar and working on muscle up training- which isn't happening. One can only do so much.

and I'd like to say- for the record- I hate my roommate. he's annoying. and I hate him. that is all.

2 bowls of chili today for breakfast/lunch. delicious.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Holy craptastic week.

Been slammed at work trying to get something done by today- it's killed my food this week.

Only got 2 workouts in Monday/Tuesday and Wed/Thurs were 'off' days. Wish I could have worked out yesterday/thursday instead of Monday/Tuesday. the more hectic it got- the worse the food situation became.

whew. managed to really only blow my calories by one day by like 800 some calories- could have been way worse. oh well. ready to hit the gym tonight.

i was feeling pretty disappointed with my weight gain- but I put my Old Navy pants on today- and they are SNUG- so i'm pretty sure I'm seeing some slight gain. not sure if I should invest in a digital scale or not for more accurate readings LOL

as of this morning I was still 160/161.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    hitting 163 maybe at this point.

Not really convinced. Still plugging away at it though!!

Lifts haven't gone up at all- disappointing- but I don't know why I expect them to really jump in less than 3 weeks LOL oh well.

Pressing on!!!
  • JoRocka
    Options
    164 This morning- I really need to invest in another scale.

I haven't taken measurements since Monday I think. For shame.

Still chugging away- I think I did pretty well- Tuesday and Monday were light days for me- but I had quiet a bit of food yesterday- and I suspect I'll probably have a lot today as well- so I"m sure it's a nice balance. I saw a little glimmer- I hit a lift I have been missing the last month or so- and I got it on Monday- I was tickled pink.

So hopefully I can see MOAR gains over the next month- I keep reminding myself- it's supposed to be a slow stead haul- I always want results NAO!!! LOL
  • yogaga1
    yogaga1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Congrats on hittin' that lift! Always a good feeling!
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Congrats on hittin' that lift! Always a good feeling!

Thanks- I was SUPER frustrated- September- I was 10 lbs heavier for my 1 RMP- fast forward 3 weeks-and I can't pick up the -10 lbs weight.

I was like are you FCKING kidding me??? So I was happy. I tried for 2 sets of 1 but that didn't happen. Oh well. ONe was enough to get my head straight. :)
  • TriLifter
    Options
    I've had good and back days/weeks with food too. Work can make it hard, but I find that I tend to eat less at home than I do at work. So weird!
  • JoRocka
    Options
    I've had good and back days/weeks with food too. Work can make it hard, but I find that I tend to eat less at home than I do at work. So weird!

It depends- if it's BF day- we eat a lot more- we do a bigger meal and it's time together.

If it's just me on the weekends or a long holiday weekend alone- I tend to fight to get enough food on teh weekends.

There is either the food I bring to work- all measured and scaled out- and then there is the extra "junk" food. I dont' go to the cafeteria- and that saves me here
    and as long as I don't get up and go walking around to much other than water/bathroom I'm safe from too much crap.

I already told my new co-workers I"m super fussy with food and don't be offended if I don't eat something it's not personal. LOL They have their own issues - so no issue thus far. They aren't food pushers- which is nice.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    derp 164 , then 164... and back down to 161.

I'm maintaining a fairly scientific mind about this- weighing every day isn't making me crazy- i'm actually shooting for AM/PM... I need to take measurements though- that's lacking. been REALLY bad about that.

Lifting was shoddy this week.

Monday- Thursday and Saturday lifts. I mean- it's not BAD- but it's not great either. Danced Saturday- Monday- Tuesday and was supposed to dance Friday- fail that didn't work- danced Saturday and Sunday. Lift and dance tomorrow. WOOT WOOT.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Love it! Great job!
  • JoRocka
    Options

I need chalk!! my sweaty hands are such a pain in the *kitten*!
    Yesterday was dead lift

Super Set 2 rounds of the following
    > 15 Box Jumps
    > 75 lb walking lunges- across the floor forward and backwards

Box jumps was with 12 risers- this is one up from my normal 10 or 11- it was high- like a little scary high for my level of tiredness- but it didn't feel particularly hard- just high and mentally tough- was good

Um herm wasn't bad- did that and danced for 45 minutes- no finger cymbals (BAD JO) but I did work on my Enta Omry project (and yes I'm writing a lot of this down for my own benefit). But it was nice to just kind of be marinading in the music. I really love this song. I'm glad I've spent so much time on it.

Hoping to get one solid work out in Thursday and then Friday- not sure.

And random aside- my coworker has friends from his old unit (we were both transferred to where we work now) and this lady is wearing some fruity body perfume spray and while it smells good- she's just standing here and all I'm doing is breathing this crap.

Barf.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    man it's been a heck of a week.

Monday the 25th was dead lift day
    Tuesday- 26th Dance class- and I did a 15 minute HIIT session (first class was cancelled)
    Wednesday- eat all the things
    Thursday- eat all the left over things
    Friday- Dance
    Saturday- Dance
    Monday- no work
    Tuesday- Dance

no lifting- I feel like a slob. seriously a fat slob. I'm doing okay with food- haven't been tracking- just kind of amballing along.
    Haven't been using the people scale either. Sigh.

Feeling mopey because it's the winter- and I skipped two days of lifting- my routine is ALL curfluffled. BF's weekend is now Sunday/Monday instead of Wed/Thrus- and that's throwing me off too. blarg.

needs sunshine- more sunshine- I don't deal with cloudy days.
  • TriLifter
    Options

no lifting- I feel like a slob. seriously a fat slob. I'm doing okay with food- haven't been tracking- just kind of amballing along.
    Haven't been using the people scale either. Sigh.

Feeling mopey because it's the winter- and I skipped two days of lifting- my routine is ALL curfluffled. BF's weekend is now Sunday/Monday instead of Wed/Thrus- and that's throwing me off too. blarg.

needs sunshine- more sunshine- I don't deal with cloudy days.

Same. No lifting last week (per my program) and it was TOUGH! Sadly, returning to lifting on Monday was equally tough...but only because the routine changed and I'm learning to front squat (my form is gawd awful!)