Jo's Packing It On Journal!

Options

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    So- Monday was off.

Friday- Chest- meh- big fat meh- manager was helping work on my arch and I think it messed my back up. Not cool.

Was running behind on this- but it was solid.
    Bench
    180 twisting DB press- that's not going to be making another appearence- my broken wrist doesn't twist that way- to much for it. I tried- but it's not coming back.
    Flat Fly
    <insert 30 minute conversation with really nice random chick who was a little annoying and wouldn't shut up>
    Decline Cable press
    Flat Cable Fly
    Incline Cable Press

I hate chest day- it's my weakest lifts- I have issues with it- and i feel like it's not a well rounded program- I might shift shoulders to chest day- I have a pretty complete back workout so as much as I LURVED doing back and shoulders- I think it's more efficient use of my time to do chest/shoulders on the same day.- My shoulders need some love. :)

Saturday I got my butt seriously kicked in dance class and since my back was bothering me- I opted to go shopping instead. More on that in a minute.

Sunday- Sunday was long and wildly productive.
    I wont' bore you with details- but I got *kitten* done for sure.
    Anyway- gym
    Front squats I think I did reps 6-5-3-1 with two sets of each rep range.
    BB Glute Raise 2 x 8
    Frog jumps
    Dead lifts- 2 x 5
    To the studio to cover the studio and get some work
    almost an hr of finger cymbal practice- and then 45 minutes of dance work for my gig stuff.
    SO-MUCH-STUFF-DONE.

Shopping- got that done too. WOOT WOOT. too much money- but I got nice stuff.
    I got some new drapey- wear over leggings tops
    Jennifer Lopez dress (AMAZING)-navy blue lace work dress- little snug-wearable but I'll wait till after I start cutting also.
    Jennifer Lopez high waist pants- these are 6's- I can barely get into them-like BARELY- one thigh at a time squeezed in- but they have a side zip and the fit is amazing for squat booty since they are wide leg and high fitted waist- 28$. I never buy stuff I can't wear but knowing I am going to be cutting soon- was worth it.

I think I'm pretty happy with Jennifer Lopez stuff- it's definitely cut for a fuller figure- but in a range of sizes- I'm pretty sold on her stuff- that and I like her chic style I think. Casual but elegant and put together. Super fab.

today- the plan was to bang out a back workout- and then dance class- we'll see- my back is torqued as hell so I'm not sure how this is going to go- my back work tends to be upper back focused so I might be able to swing it- not sure.

So Monday- Back
    Tuesday - Off
    Wednesday - Deads
    Thursday- Off
    Friday- Gig- no lifting
    Saturday- lift
    Sunday- dance- probably no lifting.

that's the plan for the week.

Wish my back wasn't so crunchy. :( making me not happy.
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Just have to say how great you look! And your tattoo is beautiful ^.^
  • JoRocka
    Options
    aw thanks! That means a lot- not feeling it this week AT ALL in the self awesome department!

Happy birthday me- almost had a break down on our way to dinner last week- I made him stop at Target so Icould buy me new pants so I would be more comfortable... none of them fit :(

was a rough week in the bulk department- it's worth it it's worth it it's worth it!
  • Kestrelwings
    Kestrelwings Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a rough week :-(

It WILL be worth it. You have done so well, and in a few weeks you will be reaping the rewards. :-)
  • aubyshortcake
    Options
    you are almost there! Just think of all the sexy muscle!!
  • JoRocka
    Options
    HEYO ladies- good morning.

Thanks for the kind words!!

I am SO exhausted- I seriously need more zzzz's in my life!

BUT - that being said. Had a fabulous workout last night

Back/shoulders
    pull ups
    cable press down
    up right cable row
    seated row
    BB row
    Wide over head press
    Over head DB extension
    Seated front raise
    lateral delt raise

Felt solid and strong for the most part. I was pretty happy with my work out all said and done.

I went food shopping- made some really mediocre chili and went to bed around 1.

Was impossible getting up this morning- terrible. really need more sleep. Praying we get dumped on Thursday so I can stay at home. would be awesome to get to sleep in and relax!
  • TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday! I hope you get dumped on, but I miraculously get missed LOL.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Thank you! Turned 30 last week- not sure how I feel about it- I think if hadn't been hormonal/bulking issues it would have been fine.

This wee I'm pretty solid.

And tomorrow- is looking like rubbish- I pretty much told my boss I wasn't' coming in if it was ****ty- I was tired of driving in unsafe crappy conditions.

had a HORRID migrane type head ache last night- I abandoned the gym. went home- and didn't get to bed on time like an *kitten*.

personal rant/aside/issue.
    Need to come to some agreement with BF. He want's to talk on the way home- (he leaves work around 1115 PM) and then I'm up till after midnight talking to him- normally I'd be up till midnight anyway- but I'm getting stuff done- but with him I'm just laying there doing nothing but not sleeping. Need to come up with a solution- this is not acceptable- I'm starting to resent him for it. mostly because it's just annoying.

Love him- but I don't want to stay up talking to him- i want to get stuff done and go to bed.

anyway- excited about dead lifts tonight. Going to be hard- but excited. Hoping I can keep said headache at bay- it was good this morning- but I'm feeling it creep- *kitten*- GO AWAY.!!!!

:D hope everyone is having a fabulous wednesday!!!
  • Kestrelwings
    Options
    Trust me, your 30s are way better than your 20s! (well, so far anyway)!

Ah - as someone who needs their personal space at the end of a busy day I sympathise with the BF issue. I don't currently have a BF to cause this problem, but I have had to tactfully explain in the past that I desperately need time for my brain to 'switch off' at the end of a busy day and get the routine stuff done, otherwise I can't sleep properly and BF risks me being in a grump the next day. Plus dearest BF was unlikely to get the best version of me to chat to at that time!
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Yeah- well sort it out. He's a long distance (well 'long' is relative- he lives outside NYC and I live outside Philly) but we still only see each other twice a week- so the phone is what we have.

Just need a better schedule.

He's pretty awesome though so it's not like it's a deal breaker.

He let me go to the gym (I say let- but he just says - go on- go do the gym I know it's important to you) LOL and then when I got home he had dinner made. :D so full of win.

Anyway- back to workouts- and bulking.

Snow day- I had cake for breakfast!!! WOOT WOOT.

Dead's last night-
    135-8
    2 x 185 @ 6
    2 x 225 @ 6
    2 x 245 @ 4
    2 x 265 @ 2

Walking lunges with 80 lbs- I don't have a number for this because I don't have it marked off- but I just go through the gym- forward and back- and between weights I do a walking lunge + back leg lift- to target the upper glute. good *kitten*.

felt pretty good- I probably should not have pulled 2 reps of the 265- the first one was strong- second one was weak- but it is what it is. the rest felt really solid. I'm happy about that- I think I'm going to keep up with the SeeFood diet since I'm suspecting I should have been eating an extra 200 or so calories. I think I second guess how busy I really actually am and what I need to burn.

But we'll see Again- going to push through with the heavy over eating through march- just live in dresses and leggings! Then cut hard for 2-3 months and see where that puts me.

happy snow day everyone- today is catch up sleep and work on my project today while hanging out with the BF (well he's out shoveling- I feel bad but he said he didn't want the help). Shrug- okie-dookie!
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Forgot to add mid way (crappy) bulk pictures that I took 2 weeks ago
    go go gadget GUNS!!! WOOT WOOT
    20140201_172648_zps2eb1cf15.jpg

20140201_172815_zpsc0878161.jpg

20140201_172602_zpsde1fcaef.jpg

20140201_172617_zpsabbb7ce8.jpg
  • JoRocka
    Options
  • JoRocka
    Options
    what a rubbish weekend.

Snow days really throw off my groove.

I have had dance- lots of dance- but my last lift was last Wednesday. Not good news my friends. Going to go tonight- just can't not workout- makes me grumpy and I know I'm getting fat over eating and not lifting. BAD NEWS!!!

Thinking maybe I'm going to do a 20 rep program- looks like fun. :D Might fit a little better in with my life than running smolov- I think that's too specific and locked in for me. Oh well.

Back today- back and shoulders- going to make the things happen!
  • Kestrelwings
    Options
    Awesome dance Jo! I spent half the time wishing I could move my hips like that, and the other half wishing I had biceps even a fraction as good as yours!

:smile:
  • aubyshortcake
    Options
    Great Performance!!!!!!!
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Thanks guys- I had a lot of fun- was a great project for our studio!!!

Welp- I've been away for a few days- no lifting- no over eating (not really) I tend to under eat at home.

Anyway- yesterday- started a new lifting program. Interested to see how this goes.

20 rep squat program. should be fun (not) twenty reps of anything at weight is rough.

Anyway- more milk- more food- I think I'm going to maintain bulk for the 6 weeks of the program- I really didn't want to- but I might dial down the surplus a little- but still go for it and just live in stretchy pants. Seems fair right? LOL
  • Kestrelwings
    Options
    God Bless the makers of elastic!
  • JoRocka
    Options
    God Bless the makers of elastic!

that's a big HELLS YES. I have 3 pairs of those 10 $ faux jeans from wal-mart that look a little like jeans- have belt loops and everything- but are legging/things. still not having luck convincing my boss atheltic wear is a good option for the work place. :(

They keep making fun of me for wearing dresses everywhere- even when it's well below freezing. BUT THEY FIT!!!!

Love them.

Anyway- program.

Warm Up
    Squat 1 x 20
    Over Head Pull 1 x 20
    Over Head Press 3 x 12
    Bent Rows 3 x 15
    Bench 3 x 12
    Stiff Leg Dead Lift 1 x 15

SO MANY REPS.

Anyway- today is a lift day- I'm very excited- the whole program takes about 50 minutes at this point- but I'm adding weight today- so I'm interested to see how long it takes. Hopefully there is time for moar dance!
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Damn that's a lot of reps!

I once did a Nia Shanks program where, at the end, she had you do 75 reps of squats (in as few sets as possible) at a weight you could do no more than 12-15 at a time on. It. Was. Killer!
  • JoRocka
    Options
    yuuupers.

It's a lot- especially coming off of my training which is high volume in sets- but low in reps- I think the most is like 8 for the warm up - and I work backwards to sets of 1.

Shrug- apparently it's a great program for gainz- and it's a good way to get work in on the squats. So. Lots of reps it is.

Mark Rippletoe said you'll be talking to Jesus through this workout and he may even ask to work in on some of your last sets LOL.

I started at 95 lbs- seemed wheeny up till the point I hit 10 reps- I think after this week- because today is 100 lbs- Thursday will be 105- so still fairly light- I think next week when I start creeping upwards into the 115 range- I might be having some issues. LOL twenty.

it's just SO FRIGGING MANY!!!