• TriLifter
    TriLifter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I hate deads. More power to you!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I hate deads. More power to you!

oh deads are my thing- bench and OHP are my least favorite.

If I had to rank them in order of favorite to least favorite
    Deads
    Front squats
    Back Squats
    Bench
    OHP

I love deads- I'm much more successful at them and if I'm successful- I like them LOL
  • TriLifter
    Options
    Makes sense. I suck at deads, hence why I hate them. I'm a squat (and looks like becoming a bench) girl myself.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Makes sense. I suck at deads, hence why I hate them. I'm a squat (and looks like becoming a bench) girl myself.

yeah- my bench and squat's have gone WAY down hill over the years- and like most women- I'm VERY weak at OHP- like 85 practically crumbles me- it's almost comical.

Oh well- only way to get better is to press through.

Sigh- well my workout tonight isn't looking hopefully- and even if I make it- I'm not holding my breath on kicking *kitten*- I've been a little congested lately- but I went from 'congested' to full blown sinus headache- my face actually hurts to touch along the nasal cavity under my eyes- eyes are tired and kind of itchy.

If I get too terribly worse I might stay home- I can't afford to REALLY be sick. I've already warned co-workers I might not be in tomorrow. boooooooooooooo
  • sarahstrezo
    sarahstrezo Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I also LOVE LOVE LOVE deads! They are my strongest lift and I always feel like a total badass when I'm done :)
    I've been slacking on the logging on weekends too and I need to be better about it.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    bah- got there late- deads are slacking- I'm frustrated- feeling fat and weak- not going up on lifts- not seeing gains- scales barely moving- but I can definitely tell I FEEL chunky compared to where I was all summer.

But I did okay- did like 6-8 sets- and the last do I knocked weight down to 70% or lower and did reps of 5 with 5-10 second holds to improve grip. Which is greatly failing me.

This was a big huge success for me today to see my performance from yesterday- I'm really happy with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea0A9OXvfdo
  • TriLifter
    Options
    I can't watch at work :sad:
  • JoRocka
    Options
    I can't watch at work :sad:

It'll be there when you get home- I PROMISE!!! :)
  • JoRocka
    Options
    dance movement workout last night-
    no gym- so no bench.
    still feeling cruddy -Tried REALLY hard to get to bed by 10 last night- but my roommate and i got to sorting stuff in the kitchen and didn't crawl into bed till 11 something. fak.

Have to be at work today- probably should stay home- but I need to be there.

But boss said sleep in and come in late if you need to- so I did- made breakfast- going to do my face and get out the door by 9.
    I suspect no lifting today either. Needs rest. And the packing must begin!!
  • JoRocka
    Options
    165 today

no lifting- all week- feeling gross

dance today- this will be technical so probably less movement.
    sigh.

oh well.

I'm packing- so walking around picking up boxes I guess is a small consolation prize!!!

Super pumped- I'll be starting my new gym here very shortly!!! WOOT WOOT.
  • ssaraj43
    ssaraj43 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Your dance is beautiful!! Thanks for sharing:flowerforyou:
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Thanks! Definitely been working at it.

So. I haven't gotten on the scale in almost 10 days. I have been eating well under bulk status- but I also haven't been lifting- my moving process has completely occupied my time.

Plus I tend to eat less when I'm at home- I get busy doing things and then just forget to eat. So like Saturday- all I had was a 10" roast beef hoagie and then a 10 oz salmon with rice. (sweet god was that good).

So- I'm not super concerned about it- I'm mostly concerned about not having lifted in so long. I'm not happy about this!!! I'm kind of in the "**** well if I go back now I'm seriously going to suck wind" phase- but I'm officially moved now- so I kind of can't keep putting off joining the new gym. sigh. oh well.

I worked at two different restuaruants this weekend- so it wasn't all sitting around unpacking boxes- but still- it wasn't ACTUALLY lifting.

BOO HISS
  • JoRocka
    Options
    So- after 10 gruesome - gym-less days- I got to visit my new (potentially) gym. I have a week pass- but the deal is kind of awesome- it's only 25 bucks and has everything I need- and they are signing a dollar down for New Years. (I hate that i'm going to be THAT guy for new years- sigh oh well).

Anyway

Deadlifts
    4 x 5 @ 225- felt solid for most of them- hands are going to be trashed- but it was a good start after almost 2 weeks off.

Alternating 2 rounds of
    15 Box Jumps (They don't have the steppers like at my gym- well they do but they keep them in the aerobics room) so it's one of those circus boxes- super small at the top- not what I'm used to)
    Fwd/Bkwd Walking Lunges- 80 lbs.

Ghetto Hammy curls
    2 x 8
    these suck. I never do enough- they just suck.

my elbow is SUPER cranky today- not sure why- if from lifting or sleeping funny but it hurts- I'm supposed to bench today- but I might do back instead- although I really don't want to do deadlifts and back- back to back. Oh well- we'll see how I feel tonight.

Excited to be able to work out regularly- I've very much missed it.

Been eating light still- but after a week of work I'll ramp back up to bulk mode. :D

I really need to do pictures and measurements!
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I'll have taken about 10 days off before I get back in the gym - eek! Glad you're back at it :) Your DLs are amazing!
  • JoRocka
    Options
    I'll have taken about 10 days off before I get back in the gym - eek! Glad you're back at it :) Your DLs are amazing!

Thanks- I'm definitely feeling 'crunchy' this week!!

That's okay. Slow and steady is the climb!

Bulk- not supremely happy- the 10 days off has set me back- I've been eating less to try to compensate for that- but I definitely tried on pants this morning and there was no way they fit. None. Was sad.

winter is hard- it's definitely not my time- so now I have more clothing issues. Sigh. oh well. Lifts are going to get better- taking all that time off really put me behind (I think this is a re-occurring theme!!)

ah well.

Okay- Week Re-cap

Monday -Heavy Deadlifts, Walking Lunges- Box Jumps, Ghetto Hammy (dance)
    Tuesday- Chest ( bench- off set push ups- cable decline- cable press- DB flat fly and arnolds) (Dance)
    Wed- Off
    Thurs- Off (gym closed)
    Friday- Dance
    Saturday- Front squats- BB Glute Raises- Bulgarian Split Squats + Dance
    Back- Pull ups- Up right cable Row- Cable Press down- Lat Pull Wide- Lat Pull R Narrow- Overhead X- SA DB Row- BB Row- Light DL + Dance

Back to dead's today- Love heavy deads- hoping to break this low 200 comfort zone and push back up to the high 200's. Since switching to hypertrophy and higher reps- it's definitely difficult.

Getting food back on track is an issue- I'm settling into the new place- which means I'm getting food cooked up on the regular- which makes me happy. My tracking has been spotty- I do most of my paper work stuff at work- since I can access this at work- it's easier- since I've been off for almost 2 week straight- I haven't been tracking- I haven't gone crazy but I definitely don't have any hard numbers. Shrug- it is what it is- moving on- new start this week- pumped out getting back to it!
  • yogaga1
    yogaga1 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I love me some heavy deads. Almost gave my brother-in-law a heart attack the other night when he walked into my house to visit my husband & saw me DLing like a bossssss. :smokin: I've been stuck at the same weight for a while because we couldn't afford to buy any more plates for the home gym- got my new babies coming soon & then it's DL party time!

Cheers to a new week! You've got this!
  • JoRocka
    Options
    LOL- that's awesome. it's definitely the thing I'm "stuck on" I really am enjoying them.

I'm happy my new place has chalk- they keep a bowl of it out- I have very sweaty hands- so it's hard for me after a few reps heavy- just sweaty palms everywhere.

We have advanced drills tonight in class- hoping I'm up to going to the gym afterwards- i'm tempted with going before- but man if I don't hate going to the gym at 6- it just sucks. bleck. not sure- this place has never been super busy though so maybe I'll give it a shot. I much prefer 9 PM workouts- so much more quiet.

DOUBLE YAY FOR NEW PLATES!!! WOOT WOOT.

My new place also has a set or two of 35's I'm REALLY excited about this!!!! happy dance.

heavy deads = THE BOSS

no questions!!!!
  • TriLifter
    Options
    LOL- that's awesome. it's definitely the thing I'm "stuck on" I really am enjoying them.

I'm happy my new place has chalk- they keep a bowl of it out- I have very sweaty hands- so it's hard for me after a few reps heavy- just sweaty palms everywhere.

We have advanced drills tonight in class- hoping I'm up to going to the gym afterwards- i'm tempted with going before- but man if I don't hate going to the gym at 6- it just sucks. bleck. not sure- this place has never been super busy though so maybe I'll give it a shot. I much prefer 9 PM workouts- so much more quiet.

DOUBLE YAY FOR NEW PLATES!!! WOOT WOOT.

My new place also has a set or two of 35's I'm REALLY excited about this!!!! happy dance.

heavy deads = THE BOSS

no questions!!!!

So jealous re: the chalk!!!
  • JoRocka
    Options
    yeah- I wanted to walk around taking pictures of all the nifty things my gym has available.

battle ropes
    sled
    kettle balls
    chalk
    only one single smith machine in the joint.

Delicious- and fabulous.

There were 3 people in the gym by the time I got into my workout- I was pretty shocked LOL. I know it's picking up- but I'm kind of hoping it stays moderately slow- it's great as it is now!!!

That being said- I miss the hustle and bustle of my old gym- it was always busy- right up to close.