Jo's Packing It On Journal!

Options

Replies

• pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Loved watching your performance! Years back I tried out belly dancing, but quickly found out that I'm just not good at rythm stuff :blushing:
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Loved watching your performance! Years back I tried out belly dancing, but quickly found out that I'm just not good at rhythm stuff blushing
    it's definitely a process- you have to want it to put the work in for it that's for sure. I've been dancing for about 7 years at this point and I still love it as much now as I did when I started- for different reasons- but I'm happy you guys enjoyed it- nice to share the the work with people!
  • JoRocka
    Options
    So I had kind of a shoddy work out last night- I didn't hit bench- which doens't make me TOO sad.

Makes me a little sad because it means the workout was incomplete but I dislike benching to it was a bitter sweet kind of sad.

Regardless.

Squats 1 x 20 @ 100 lbs. using 2.5 lb plates sucks. Also doing 20 reps sucks.
    Also- I'm not sure how one warms up to this? I think my best squats start happening half way through my working sets- so trying to step under the bar is hard knowing I'm just getting to it.
    Sunday- I did 2 x 6 (or 8) whatever I'm not picky x 45 lbs- plus a hip opening MobilityWOD
    Then my working 1 x 95 set.
    Yesterday
    2 x 8 @ 45 (mobility WOD between sets)
    then I did 70 lbs? 75 lbs- and did a working set at that- then loaded up to 100. Seemed to go okay- but definitely not trying to wear myself out with warm ups LOL

Not sure- this will change I think in about 20 lbs and I'll NEED a more complete warm up with warm up sets that add up. I've done a lot of pyramid/ladder training starting at low weight and working upwards- so it's never been an issue.

Anyway- whipped through the Over head extensions (not a working thing- it's a stretching thing- also 1 x 20)
    - then OHP
    bent rows
    stiff dead lifts- which didn't come across as stiff dead lifts- I'm not super comfortable with those so this is going to be a work in progress.

Regardless- was about 40 minutes of work. not bad. not great- but not bad. I was under some pressure from outside sources- and I was trying to solve those things- and it just didn't make for a good work out. Sigh.

Oh well.

it is what it is is.

I need to see someone about my back- this is the third time this month my back is giving me fits. bleck- i'm starting to see a trend though on causation so that's helpful!!! baby steps.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    so- haven't updated in a minute. le sigh.

Lifting has been okay- 120 sunday- starting to get heavy for 20 reps!!!!

But everything else is okay- well sunday was a big drag- I was out till almost 230 AM- in bed at 330 after having to drive almost 50 minutes home. Rough. Anyway- I got it done. I'm interseted to see today if there is any imporovement or gains with some sleep and rest and proper food/fuel.

Sunday and Monday were light days for me- I tend to eat very loosely and not enough- but knowing I was almost 1200 OVER my bulking number on Friday- I really wasn't concerned to be honest.

Today is okay.

Lift again- I'm not really thrilled with only 3 times a week and the program is honestly boring to me- it's not enough lifting. But it's definitely not easy. I'm just not inspired by it. But whatever- I've committed to it- so we are going for it.

I'm doing some research on a peaking program for my soon to be entered lifting comp in June. I need to have a solid peaking program to be ready for that... my numbers are sloppy at best. My squat's embarrassing and I should have been pulling over 300 at the rate I'm working.

More WORK.

I've unquestionably gained size- even my underwear/thongs are not fitting well over my thighs. I went and bought more so I could have no panty lines in work pants- since I have unquestionably filled those out to the point where any wrinkle is a huge lump.

I live in athletic wear and I loath having to put on anything other than dresses and fitness capris.

only a few more weeks!!!! we can do it we can do it!
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I'm really looking forward to seeing your results in a couple of weeks!
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work girl!
  • JoRocka
    Options
    OMFG I have a spam/virus thing running an add by ads by keep or something and they are HUGE.

They push ALL of the text of the forum to the right side of the page- so I can see an avatar- then NOTHING excep like two letters on the far right side.

My computer is making me so made- can't read anything on MFP at home.

Also cranky pants- no lifting tonight- dance ran late- and left me about an hour to lift- and I have a hard time squeezing in everything plus stretch/mobility and what not.

I'll do it tomorrow with no time constraints. grumble. oh well- tis life. going to cook some steakage and go to bed- I'm sleepy and cranky.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Bestie is leaving soon- had our fairwell dinner last night at a bar- I was trying to lift first and then go to dinner (Duh) but she called me up and said I'm done lifting do you want to go now (I had just left work) so I agreed to go- but said I couldn't stay late- had to lift. But we split a nacho's and I had a beer and then off I went to the gym.

Squat 1 x 20 @ 125-
    OHX 1 x 20 @ 30
    OHP 3 x 12 @ 55 (need to start throwing the 2.5 on there too- I can bang out the first set great- second set is okay- third set blows
    BB Row 3 x 15 @ 115
    Stiff Leg DL 1 x 15 @ 165- grip issues shot this for me- I did 5- reset and did 10.
    Bench- 3 x 5- @ 115- this should have been 3 x 12 but my elbow started flaring up- grumble- need to go see someone.

+ 35 minutes of dance

Squats are feeling okay- definitely heavy for 20 reps- but only truly struggling the last grouping of 5.

Actually I need some body work- my shoulders/front deltoids are REALLY tight. Almost painfully tight. Sigh. I think I've been light on the food- took my shirt off yesterday and thought I saw my adonis belt peaking through- damn. MOAR FOOD.

only a few more weeks to go then I can get ride of this nonsense.

going to be shifting to a pure strength program when I'm done- friend sent me the Sheiko format- interested to research up on it.

Falling short on the cooking at home front as well- which is frustrating- thinking tonight I need to do some 'regrouping'!

ah well- on-ward and up-ward we march!

Progress pictures this weekend!
  • JoRocka
    Options
    so I have had an amazing/****edup/awesome day.

Danced last night- got home and in bed by 1 AM.
    Up at 70 gym from 730-845.
    Wawa for breakfast
    I have dance front desk stuff -but got talked into taking Zumba
    1 hr zumba class
    then 2 hrs of dance class.
    Then another 30 minutes of my own work

HOLY HELL.
    Had 4 tablespoons of 10% plain greek yogurt- wawa inclued a 135 calorie fruit cup- a banana - some ****ty eggs I didn't finsih and 3 peices of weak sauce bacon.
    After dance I ate a key lime yogurt with granola- it was also ****ty but I was hungry so I ate it.

I have now before me a huge 10" sammich with 2 small bags of chips (because I couldn't deciede between cheeto's or doritos- so I got both)
    and then a pepsi- yeah I did.d So what. Big Ole Sloppopotomus I am- and I give no ****s.

and the weather and sun are glorious. What a great day.
    Also- didn't cry in dance class- big fat win.
    My Pailletes came from the store- they look amazing- SO excited.

Lift was good- except when you only have ONE set of working weight- it's REALLY ****ing important to get your working weight right.

And I was 15 lbs short. fail.

So I manned the **** up and did a second set... I'm not going to lie- it kind of sucked. But I whipped through the rest of my workout and headed off- good times- I do stink really really bad- since it's now almost 5 and that was at 8 AM. WINNING.

I kind of ****ed my boyfriend over because of the other girl who was supposed to dance tonight- she wanted me to cover her spot because she double booked- not cool- ****ed my whole day up after I changed my plans and she decieded to get someone to cover the other gig- and she was going to stay at the one we mutually split. little annoyed- so here I am- eating- quick project then headed north in 2 hrs (he doesn't come home till midnight so it's not like leaving sooner would mean anything and I can take this time to get some crap done)

so YAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY amazing sunshine filled weekend- I'm so hyper/tired!!! LOL
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Good lift last night- I jumped 10 lbs instead of 5 on the squat- definitely felt it.

Squats 135 x 20.

Helped a girl doing some of her lifts- she was incredibly insecure- tried to help her get more comfortable doing what she was doing- nice kid- slowed the workout down but I think it was valuable time. Any time I can help someone who honestly wants to learn- I'm okay with it.

Everything else was a big fat meh- my elbow is hurting- I think I may lay off bench for a week- I only did 2 x 5 yesterday and then jumped to the cable machine- it was just to much and I knew it was going to cause issues.

Ran straight from the gym to dance class and did a 50 minute body movement class- we were WERKIN it! So that was extra stuff to add in... had asparagus and steak for dinner so nommy.

Had 2 1/2 lb burgers for lunch today- only a few fries- was delicious. Cant' wait to lift again though- sad today is a day off.

Going to try to get up super early and lift tomorrow (BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO) so I can spent more time with BF since I have a dance workshop tomorrow night. 140 tomorrow!!
  • JoRocka
    Options
    warm up 2 x 45 @ bar + mobility wod
    1 x 6 95
    1 x 20 at 145.

boom.
    Over head extension 1 x 20 @ 25
    OHP 3 x 55/60 (elbow issues)
    BB row 4 x 10 @ 115
    ST DL 1 x 15 @ 165
    Cable decline and incline fly in place of bench 4 x 8

struggling with some butt wink issues I think- seems to be bad without the bar- might be time to take some videos and see how awful it really is!!
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Saturday morning
    Lift
    Squats
    2 x 45 + mobility WOD
    1 x 95 @ 6
    Squats 1 x 20 @ 150
    OHX 1 x 20 @ 25
    OHP 3 x 10 @ 55
    BB Rows 3 x 15 @ 105
    SL DL 4 x 6 @ 165 (this is supposed to be 1 x 15- and I just didn't have the grip- so I forced it into sets of 6 reps)
    Cable Fly's Incline 4 x 8 @ 100
    Decline 4 x 8 @ 60

For some reason this workout felt really REALLY difficult- not sure why- maybe the late night before (Danced at work) or the food has been all over- not sure- but just was really disappointed- working out in the AM seems to not be my thing so much- but it got the job done. At 150- this is getting particularly heavy for me- I have a bad squat to begin with- so this seems like it's just gettting worse- I have another 7 workouts to go- so expecting another 30 lbs on this- goal is to hit 185-190 for 20 reps- I'm having some doubts. I"m not giving up- but knowing how heavy this feels right now- makes me question things. I'm taking my days off- and really truly only lifting 3 times a week- but lord- I feel like right now it's manageable- but it's starting to get overwhelming. Shrug- we shall see. Again- not willing to give up hope! Only 2 more weeks!.

I followed that up with a zumba class- long story- but yes I did it.

Then we did dance class- then we did some running and picking up and things for the afternoon event we were doing. I was pretty much at the studio for 12 hrs- and by the time I got home I was just exhausted. Pretty much just exhausted everywhere. We had snow today and I was really hoping for the day off. Oh well.

So that is that.

I feel like I'm not doing a good job tracking- but I'm not surprised- the tail end of this trying to get all this food is becoming a bit of a burden. But press on we shall- April is almost here!!!! :)
    I had a very long weekend
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Felt better today with my lifts- solid. 155 felt shakey but everything else felt pretty good.

I've pretty much completely swapped out bench for cable fly- decline and incline. seeing some improvement there so that's good.

Grip sucks on the SL deadlifts.

Shrug- we'll just plow through and see how it goes.

I am feeling like I need to eat even more than I have been- like 2200 just isn't enough- even on off days. Shrug. Whatever- keep eating- I have about 2-3 more weeks of this and we'll see how it goes!!! just keep eating just keep eating just keep eating!
  • JoRocka
    Options
    So- I'm still hanging in there- I think I"m starting to lose weight- I've got some ab definition I don't think I should be seeing- Time to jump up to more food I think- only 2-3 more weeks so might as well really try to pack it on.

160 last night- was tough- took forever it felt like it took 10 minutes. Certainly has me sweating and puffing by the time I'm done. I think by next week I'm going to be nervous/excited- will be hitting full body weight for 20 which I think is a solid lift. By the time I'm done I'll be at 185/195 for 20 in theory! Gosh that's a lot.

Everything else was pretty good.
    OHX was still 25- that's a stretch not a lift- so I'm okay
    OHP- did 3 x 10 @ 65- these are still hard- know this stalls quickly but damnit if I wish it would move!!!
    BB row- 3 x 15 @ 105- this feels do-able but hard- 115 just seems a stretch for 15- i can do 10 but 15 is too much
    SL DL 1 x 15 @ 165- frustrating- I feel like my grip isn't holding - I should be doing double over hand and some days I can- and some days I can't- so I've been pushing it- but mostly I have to switch to alternate grip to make this happen- Kind of cant' wait to get back to traditional deads.
    Bench- did technical work- bar only -then did 2 sets of 5 with 115- wanted to keep it light today- felt solid- elbow was a little twingey- but the lift it self was good.
    Then I did cable press
    Decline/Incline 4 x 8 for each lift
    70 and 110 for those- 110 is effing hard for the one- super shakey but making it happen.

Feel good this morning- tired- but good. Going to be drinking some crazy milk tonight!!!
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Failed my first set of lifts today.
    Said- I got to 19- then did number 20 and failed. I was sad.

Also finally got on the scale- it said 180.

HOLY BALLZ. that's almost 20 lbs.

LIttle high for me- but least I've put on weight.

I've unquestionably gained size- I just took measurements. too bad my lifts aren't going up.

Sigh.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Lifted on Monday- failed 170 at 15 reps- unloaded the bar- reracked everything and finished the last 5 reps- I think I did 6 just to spite myself.

Going to repeat 170 today to see how I do. I'm feeling my mid back round on the way up- definitely feels heavy and effing up the form.

Need to really struggle to get the chest up- so been thinking ELBOWS FORWARD.

I need to get in and see a sports therapist or a coach- I think I have more flaws with my squat than I'm willing to admit- or am just realizing.

But 170 isn't terrible- I'm pretty sure I could squat 200+ now at least 2 or 3 times so that's a plus.

I'm going to be ramping down food soon- probably next week- go to maintenance for a few days and start cutting immediately and as hard as possible. I've had enough of this for one season. I'd like to drop this weight in a month or two and then go maintance and cut some more- need to get do a new weight class for June.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    FU*K YES!!!!

Got my 170 for 20 reps!!!! Okay- well the last one was barely legal- more like a power curstie but I got it. I re-racked and realized what a ****ty lift it was and got under the bar and did one more.

Hard- but these felt a lot better than last time- I felt a lot more stable. I'm excited to see how my strength actually moves forward from this on a much lower rep program.

I'm still looking to get some guidance/technical evaluation from someone on my form to try to really get it down pat- but I'm happy today about how things went.

I went shopping on Tuesday- and was very happy with what I walked out the door in- mostly because at 180 lbs I still think I look *kitten* hot LOL if I don't mind tooting my own horn a hair. :)

So I have 2- 3 more lifts left on this program- I'll be officially done bulking on Monday- will take final measurements and average the weights from this last week. wheew- long hall from November!!! Very glad I stuck with it. Scary to put on 20 lbs and not know what that is going to be feel or look like.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I've really enjoyed following your bulking process and am looking forward to seeing results. It's really helping me think about my future bulk and not be so frightened by it.

BTW, I've moved on to aerial stuff, but I used to be an avid belly dancer (for 10 years or so). I was/am a tribal fusion dancer. We had a troupe and performed for a few years at the KC Renaissance Faire, and then at different gigs around town. I always say I'm going to get back to it, but then some shiny new aerial apparatus commands my attention. Just thought it was interesting that you also dance...
  • JoRocka
    Options

Thanks! Glad it's helping. I have two places where I try to keep up so I'm not as thorough as I could be. But I'm better than I used to be about this stuff.

I'm so excited to wrap up- looking back at this- I think I was first shell shocked at the 180- it's the heaviest I've EVER been- but I just got these new dresses and realized- despite that- I still look great. I'll probably do a right up for the main site for some inspiration for people- probably when I'm done with my cut. Just so women can see what the weight CAN look like.

LOL yeah- I have a friend who does pole and the past year got started with lyre- not sure if she did silks- she really enjoys it. I would love to- but I mean- come on- I'm in class already 6 hrs a week plus workshops- plus my own work- and then my actual lifting which is going to jump from an hour to almost 2 at this point. I work 3 jobs- so yeah- LOL I'm not sure I could squeeze that in!!! Plus I kind of love dancing- I've been dancing for almost a decade now- and I just feel like JUST now I"m starting to tap into my potential. So much work. Ah well.

:) only so much time in so many days!!! we need longer days to get more stuff done- and longer weekends!!!
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options

I'm so excited to wrap up- looking back at this- I think I was first shell shocked at the 180- it's the heaviest I've EVER been- but I just got these new dresses and realized- despite that- I still look great. I'll probably do a right up for the main site for some inspiration for people- probably when I'm done with my cut. Just so women can see what the weight CAN look like.

PLEASE do a write up! And include pics! People need to see the awesomeness that is you. And more ladies need to see what real muscle looks like on a woman. Can't wait to read it! :)