Talking Dead: Team Michonne

Options

Replies

• zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,855 Member
    Options
    Great job Shelley!! You're killing it this week!

I have a bike ride and a lawn to mow so I should burn some calories today!

Thanks so much Phoenix. I am wanting to get into "fit" mode for summer. Being skinny is not my goal. I want muscles! Lol.

Got in a 40 minute or so walk with the boys. Some stair work and all my punishments done. Guess I should add them all up and email Angie. I know I have it all done. Plus stayed under my calories. Just need my numbers!

Shelley
  • FromFlabToFurious
    FromFlabToFurious Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Shelley, you have slayed it this week, man! You're doing awesome!

Ellie, a bike ride AND gardening! Make sure you count gardening as your cardio because you'll be out there sweating and stuff! Great job!

As for me, I'm going to go out for a walk today. The only problem I'm having is that I thought I was better and I went to the gym and did light stuff (weightlifting only, not cardio so I don't get out of breath and start having a coughing fit) and the next morning, I started coughing again. I'm taking it as a message that I'm not fully recovered yet. However, that isn't going to stop me doing walking and whatnot. I can do an hour a day of walking but I'm not fully back on form just yet and that means no Insanity. I never thought I'd ever say this but I'm actually starting to miss Insanity!
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Missing Insanity! Are you nuts Dazz? Quickly go visit your doctor. :bigsmile: I can cover strength training this week for you Dazz. I did 30 minutes of boxing this morning, 45 minutes of walking my boys. Then had my grand kids over for St. Patrick's day. It was lovely outside so we went and sat out there and let the kids run and play. I used two pound weights in each hand for the boxing. And my back is starting to feel it. :noway:

Hope Michonne is in tonight.

Shelley
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options
    Missing Insanity! Are you nuts Dazz? Quickly go visit your doctor. :bigsmile: I can cover strength training this week for you Dazz. I did 30 minutes of boxing this morning, 45 minutes of walking my boys. Then had my grand kids over for St. Patrick's day. It was lovely outside so we went and sat out there and let the kids run and play. I used two pound weights in each hand for the boxing. And my back is starting to feel it. :noway:

Hope Michonne is in tonight.

Shelley

Thanks Shelley, I'm going to try and get some strength training in but I definitely have cardio covered. I bought some leather training gloves for the punchbag. I'm looking forward to the new episode and I'm hoping Michonne is in it. I think the last time she got any kills was on the first episode of the second half of the season!!! COME ON, MICHONNE!

CARDIO:
    Walking- 60 minutes

CARDIO: 60/???
    STRENGTH TRAINING: 0/???
    PUNISHMENT: 0/???
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Training gloves are a great tool. My back is feeling the boxing I did earlier. But it was fun, and I will do it again this week. Dazz you get better. That is your main job. So far only Micah and Carol have a kill. Back to our show.

Didn't see that coming. But was not surprised either.
    Shelley
  • PhoenixStrikes
    PhoenixStrikes Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Guess Team Horde has some new members :laugh:
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Leader board has been updated here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1195194-weekly-leaderboard-and-most-valuable-players
    Glenn and Maggie will be choosing the punishment this week. What's nice is there has been a different winner every week so far. Congrats to all the MVPs and have a great week everyone. Hoping to see some reunions in the next few episodes.
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Hi Team! Hope everyone had a great weekend! I have to admit I am doing all the prescribed work and eating and not losing which makes it really hard to keep going! I really hate plateaus! Friday morning I did the Crossfit class, which was awesome! Then came home, felt so bad that I had not taken Oakley out for a run in 2 days that I then took her for a 2 mile run! I totaled just over 325 min of working out last week. I stayed within my calories. WTH?? Other than not losing weight we had a super busy weekend, tons of fun boating and hanging out with friends. What did everyone else do this weekend?
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Punishment has been decided. Glenn and Maggie would like everyone to do a 60 second plank, 3 times this week.
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Happy Paddy's Day!!

I had a great weekend of partying so tomorrow i will have to put in a fairly intense workout at the gym to recover from it! I was going to climb a mountain today with some friends but my knee is still a little sore so I decided it wasn't a good idea. Which was a shame because it was a beautiful day for it.

I can't believe what happened in the episode! Ok I can believe it because she was clearly crazy but I am still a little stunned!

Well done guys on the workouts last week. Shelley and Angi you are both amazing!! Congrats on MVP Shelley!
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Punishment has been decided. Glenn and Maggie would like everyone to do a 60 second plank, 3 times this week.

Great punishment. I am in a plank challenge. :drinker: I did two minutes today while rowing a 7 pound dumbbell. I got this one! :bigsmile: I will do two minutes each night in case anyone needs to borrow. Got in an hour of cardio and 30 of weight lifting also.

Angie I dug out a boxing DVD I had not done in awhile. It was great. Sounds like you had so much fun. If you are at a standstill it is time to tweak it again. My daughter loves keto. I would never stick to it.

Louise thanks so much. Glad your party was fun.

Off to bed.

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Yesterday I was only able to do 30 minutes of cardio, punishment 2 minutes, and 45 minutes of weight training. Hope you all have a great day. Off to work now for me.

Shelley
  • Angimom
    Options
    Hi All! Shelley I feel so bad that I forgot to congratulate you on MVP! You deserve it! You work so hard, logging in and cheering people on, you are a Rockstar of a Teammate!

I had a long run Monday morning, and Tuesday I went to the crossfit class, where I ended up twisting my ankle! UGH, But, on the positive side one of the trainers then made up a workout for me that let my ankle rest but included 4 minutes of planking!! LOL, so I am done and have an extra minute if anyone needs it! I was back at crossfit this morning since I think running will be out for awhile.
    It is a great workout.

Shelley, you are doing awesome as always! Keep up the good work.
    Dazz, you are also doing great. Keep on pushing!

Louise, I hope you had a fabulous birthday and are back on track this week.

Ellie, thanks for all the extra work you did last week, you are awesome, I hope you are doing just as great this week.

Happy Wednesday everyone!
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options
    I've been walking everyday for an hour since Sunday and I'll continue to do so until the end of the week. I'm still coughing but I'm feeling so much better in myself. I'm still going to take it easy but my cardio has gone up a fair bit. I've not focused on strength training as much as I should do. I've done some kettlebell work today and I've been doing the plank punishment as well.

CARDIO: 240/250 minutes
    STRENGTH TRAINING: 20/90 minutes
    PUNISHMENT: 4/5
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Thanks Angie. Sorry about your ankle. Cross fit is awesome.

Dazz, I am glad you are feeling a little better. Got in 60 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of weights. I have been so busy. Working late and then lifting weights. Hopefully I will get in more tomorrow.

Shelley
  • Angimom
    Options
    Hey All! I did not make it to my crossfit class this morning, my ankle is just to sore and swollen. However we are heading north to see my daughter and go kayaking, snorkeling and swimming so I will be getting in plenty of exercise tomorrow. I am really missing running.

What is everyone's plans for the weekend?
  • PhoenixStrikes
    PhoenixStrikes Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!! Sorry Ive been quiet but all week but I did get a bench and barbell this week so I have still been active. I plan on starting the New Rules for lifting program as soon as this challenge is over since all the cardio we do is against the rules. Ill be doing strength training three times a week still but definitely be cutting back on cardio.
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Very quick check in before I am without my laptop for a weekend again. I am doing ok this week. not great, but ok. I have 75 mins left of cardio to get in so Im hoping to get out for a long walk/run tomorrow but I have my punishment and strength training done.
    Calories may be difficult so i might be letting the team down there. sorry!! I promise next week I will kick *kitten*!

Ellie, I just bought the new rules as well, reading it now and planning on starting it soon. I didn't realise that it won't allow so much cardio so I might have to wait till the end of the challenge too. :cry: I was looking forward to starting it!!
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options
    I'm feeling a lot better than I did a couple of weeks ago, which is a massive plus. I'm still coughing whenever I exercise but I can work through it, I'm not having a coughing fit. I'm not going to be doing my mega-workouts just yet but I'm feeling good enough to kick-start my Insanity again on Tuesday. Fingers crossed I'll be okay by then.

In other news, I've lost weight through watching my calorie intake and doing light exercises. I've eaten more vegetables and have walked for an hour a day at a moderate pace. Today, I did a little more and played my Nintendo Wii. I played Just Dance 2014. I played it online on World Dancefloor mode, where you dance with players all around the world and out of the ten songs I done, I was number 1 on eight songs! Woo!

TEAM MICHONNE REPRESENT!

CARDIO: 345/250 minutes
    STRENGTH TRAINING: 60/90 minutes
    PUNISHMENT: 5/5
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Dazz so glad you are feeling better. :drinker: Love that dance off you did. Way to be a winner. And the eating more vegetables is great.

It is snowing here again. So today will be a stay at home day mostly. Though we did just get back from the Home and Garden show. :flowerforyou: Ran into lots of folks I know. :laugh: I was at a party last night with about 30 girls. I could not wait to get back home. They were aged 2-9. Not sure how I survived. I did an hour's walk at work yesterday and strength training before work.

My totals are:

Cardio. 345/250. (Tied you Dazz!) :laugh: (Louise can have what she needs)
    Strength training. 165/90. (30 for you Dazz)
    Punishment. 12/3. At least I believe it was only 3 we were to do. I was in another challenge with planks. So I was already doing them everyday.

Ellie and Louise have fun with your new rules book. :) Funny, I am just increasing my cardio. The kettlebell allows me to do both. Love that.

Angie I sure hope that ankle gets better. :grumble: Ice should help. But you are probably doing that already..:bigsmile:

Hope we do great this Sunday. I am sure they will start meeting up again soon.

Shelley