Talking Dead: Team Michonne

Options

Replies

• FromFlabToFurious
    FromFlabToFurious Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Dazz so glad you are feeling better. :drinker: Love that dance off you did. Way to be a winner. And the eating more vegetables is great.

It is snowing here again. So today will be a stay at home day mostly. Though we did just get back from the Home and Garden show. :flowerforyou: Ran into lots of folks I know. :laugh: I was at a party last night with about 30 girls. I could not wait to get back home. They were aged 2-9. Not sure how I survived. I did an hour's walk at work yesterday and strength training before work.

My totals are:

Cardio. 345/250. (Tied you Dazz!) :laugh: (Louise can have what she needs)
    Strength training. 165/90. (30 for you Dazz)
    Punishment. 12/3. At least I believe it was only 3 we were to do. I was in another challenge with planks. So I was already doing them everyday.

Ellie and Louise have fun with your new rules book. :) Funny, I am just increasing my cardio. The kettlebell allows me to do both. Love that.

Angie I sure hope that ankle gets better. :grumble: Ice should help. But you are probably doing that already..:bigsmile:

Hope we do great this Sunday. I am sure they will start meeting up again soon.

Shelley

Thanks. I just actually can't believe I'm #1 in the whole world right now! It's crazy. I've still not been beaten on a few songs, haha. MICHONNE, REPRESENT! hehe.

I've not been posting so much because my keyboard is a bit messed up. I've been wanting to though!

Also, I have to thank you for my strength training numbers as well. I've managed to hit all of my numbers now, which was my panic moment. Next week should be business as usual. I'm highering my intensity a little more but it's not like I usually do. I'm still walking an hour a day but I'm also going to add Just Dance 2014 to the mix.

My weight training should be better now though!

How is everybody here? I've not seen an awful lot of you reply!
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,855 Member
    Options
    Love the new photo Dazz! You look fabulous in leather. :bigsmile: :blushing:

Shelley

Glad you are doing even better. I managed 45 minutes of strength training today. 15 of it was kettles! Then we walked the boys for 40 minutes. Off to watch the show!

Shelley
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm here! Canoeing was awesome, then we swam in the springs, and then lots of walking on a little island that time forgot. It was great hanging out with my daughter and her boyfriend. Tomorrow is back to crossfit. My ankle still is a little sore but I think it will be fine. As a ream we r doing great. Last week! Let's all do our best and finish tough!

Happy Sunday
  • Angimom
    Options
    Hi All! It was a great episode! Who has watched it already? No Michonne kills though! UGH. Maybe next week. I hate to type to much in case no one has seen it yet.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    New leader board, recap and challenge are up. I still have to count this weeks kills, but that gives me an excuse to rewatch it tonight. :bigsmile:
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Tyreese and Sasha already chose a punishment exercise: 

Inchworm: Stand up tall with the legs straight, and do like Lil’ Jon and let those fingertips hit the floor. Keeping the legs straight (but not locked!), slowly lower the torso toward the floor, and then walk the hands forward. Once in a push-up position, start taking tiny steps so the feet meet the hands. Continue bugging out for 4-6 reps. 

Do 3 days this week.

Video here: 
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr-HHgxXTqg&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am back!! I was afraid to come near the boards until I had watched the episode in case of spoilers! Another awesome episode. The romantic in me loved seeing Glen and Maggie get back together. I'm a little concerned about the security of terminus though, it seems strange that people can just walk in. Can't wait till next week!

Shelley, congrats on MVP. You once again totally deserved it. And thank you for the offer of cardio minutes. I managed to get them in the end, I went swimming with some of my nieces and then went for a nice long walk.

So far this week I am doing ok on the cardio. I went out for a run yesterday for the first time in ages and I managed to run 5k without stopping. And I only stopped then because I was back at the house. I was delighted with myself. Today was a gym day but I didn't get in my whole strength training workout because my knee is sore again and my back is hurting too. :mad: My body is falling apart on me! :angry: :explode:
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options
    Shelley, I must congratulate you on being MVP. You definitely deserved it! xD

I'm not reading ANYTHING on here until it's confirmed that there are no spoilers because I haven't seen the new episode. I plan on doing so tomorrow but for now, I just scrolled down and clicked on 'Post Reply' so apologies. I don't want to seem ignorant! :(

Today, my day has been quite good. I walked for two hours, coughed a bit so had a rest, and then did the punishment. OH MY GOD, CAN WE TALK ABOUT THE PUNISHMENT FOR ONE SECOND! How fun is it?! I absolutely love it. I pretty much laughed all the way through it. I didn't count them but I did them around my living room for three songs (breaks in-between the songs). I'm counting them towards my strength training, is this okay?

I'm not ready for Insanity just yet but I think I'm ready for the gym classes again. I'll take it easy though. I'm aiming to get better by next week!

Forgot to add 240 minutes to Cardio. On Sunday, I walked around a city for four hours so got quite a bit of exercise done!

CARDIO: 360/260
    STRENGTH TRAINING: 10/90
    PUNISHMENT: 1/3
  • DouMc
    Options
    Dazz, I am glad to hear you are feeling better. that was a nasty dose that you got. I one again am being a bad team mate and I am going to struggle to meet my numbers this week. My back was sore in the gym yesterday and I couldn't do a lot of the exercises i normally do so I decided to do some pilates today. But I think its too sore even for that so I am resting it with a hot water bottle pressed against it instead. Hopefully by tomorrow it will be ok and I can get back to my regular workout schedule.
    There is always something wrong with me! Luckily I started on thyroid medication last week so I have lots of energy for working out once my back heals!
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    MVP, great. Because I stink at this challenge! :smokin:

I got in almost two hours for each of the last two days for cardio. 20 minutes of strength training. Tomorrow I will start getting in my strength training more.

Louise let me know if you need me to help. And in what. Sounds like Dazz can do our punishments for us. He likes this stuff. :bigsmile: I think you can count them towards strength Dazz. I have never been flexible. Unless I work at it every day. :sad: Swimming with the kids is great fun.

Well gotta go eat. Have a great day everyone!

Shelley
  • Angimom
    Options
    Hey all! Shelley, congrats on MVP you really do deserve it! You are doing awesome in this challenge.

Dazz, I am so glad you r feeling better!

Louise , Congrats on the run! I love that runners high feeling! Rest your back and then get back to it!

I been at crossfit both mornings and got an hour bike ride in tonight! Everything on me is sore! In a good way! Lol.

Good night.
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Angie I am in awe of your doing cross fit. Take care of your ankle. You know I could be off, or just suspicious, but I think the boss guy put the second half of the rabbit in Daryls bag and blamed it on that trouble starter. And Glenn should not lie to Maggie! She will catch him in it! And this new place, it reminds me of Soylent Green. I just do not trust it.

Shelley
  • DouMc
    Options
    Thanks Shelley. Today is meant to be my gym day but I have decided not to go and to rest my back instead. I think I hurt it by doing one bad form squat on Friday but it wasn't too bad until I tried to work out on it on Monday. i did a set of Romanian Deadlifts and that really hurt it so i think resting is the way to go. I will try to go for a walk though to keep my cardio numbers up. Im hoping to get to the gym tomorrow but I am going away for the weekend again so if I don't manage to go tomorrow then I will struggle to get past the 25 mins of strength training I have done. Im hoping that I will be ok for cardio.
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options
    Grrr, I am so annoyed, you guys! I'm having coughs again!!! This is beginning to seriously annoy me now! I was planning on going to the gym today for the first time in forever and I've started coughing. I thought I'd push on anyway but I'd test the waters by playing Just Dance 2014 and I started coughing more.

I still pushed on and done cardio for an hour but looks like the gym is a no-go. The weirdest thing is that the inchworm doesn't make me cough as much. I love doing them though. I did 30 so far today so if anybody needs any extra, I'm your man!
  • Angimom
    Options
    Shelley, I agree, I think he did it to get rid of Len. Maybe as the leader he knew those two were never going to mesh and he could feel that Daryl was the better choice. We would, of course, all agree! LOL. I decided to take a rest day today, giving my ankle and body and break. I am actually planning a bike ride later, just no crossfit today.

Dazz, I know people in Florida who had this crap for over a month! UGH, I hope you get better soon! Please give your body a chance to heal and don't push to hard.

Louise, where are you going this weekend?

Ellie! Hi, how are you doing?

Happy Hump Day all.
  • DouMc
    Options
    Dazz, that is awful, i hate when a sickness drags on like that. And its such a pain not being able to work out, i hate missing gym sessions because i am afraid that when I go back i won't be able to do as much as if I had kept going.

Angi, i am just going to visit my parents. My sister is moving to England in a couple of weeks so we are having a going away party for her and my other sister just moved house so she is having a house warming party. Then on Monday I am off to Bristol for a couple of days for college and then back to my parents house for a couple of days because I have another birthday party to go to the following weekend. I am so sick of birthdays! And I cant complain about going to them because so many people traveled to see me for mine.
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options
    It's really annoying, it's been almost a month now and I've still got it, it's awful! However, I caught up with The Walking Dead and that has cheered me up. I AM TOO EXCITED FOR THE SEASON FINALE but I'm also sad because...well...it's the season finale! That woman with the barbeque though, I'm thinking that's human meat, am I the only one thinking this? I never watch the preview clip at the end of the episodes nor do I listen or watch anything that'd spoil it but I am so tempted!!! I didn't though, I was good!

I really do hope Michonne slays some walkers next week, I haven't seen our girl kill since the start of the second half of the season. I wouldn't want her bad-*kitten* skills with the sword to be a little rusty now!
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Dazz I think you are to young for Soylent Green. It was a futuristic movie where the government processes the dead to feed the living. Windigo Soul is a newer book that is also great. In it all people are "retired" at 60. Interesting read.

I am glad to see you are all resting when needed.

Got in an hour of cardio and 45 minutes of strength training.

Shelley
  • DouMc
    Options
    So im not doing as badly as I anticipated this week but I still think I will need some strength minutes. i just did half an hour of pilates (which I am counting as strength?) so now I am only 30 minutes short there. I probably wont manage to get that done though. I also haven't done any of the punishment because even thinking about it makes my back hurt so I am not going to risk injuring it more.
    Cardio I should get though. I have 170 minutes done already and I am planning on going for a walk later, another one tomorrow and a run on Saturday. That should get me there!
  • Angimom
    Options
    Hey All! I used yesterday as a rest day, giving my ankle a much needed break, and it feel so much better today. Crossfit today was about bench presses and learning how to do a snatch, perfecting doing a pistol and muscle ups (pullups)(ugh) LOL. I love the bench press, I have never done it before and I think I did great. Pull ups are always hard, I think I completed 9 with help of a purple band(?), and pistol squat/sits are just a joy! LOL. But I am loving the class, I finally have a few friends, that is always nice. Sat morning I have a 5k, and my hubby decided to do it with me! I can't believe it! I am so excited. He has not been doing any conditioning so I am thinking we are going to be walking some of it. Then we are going to take my friends paddleboards out! YES! I am so excited, I have been wanting to try these! We will be taking a grill, and lots of picnic items and spending the day at the water, YIPPEE, I am a water girl for sure!

Anyone else have plans for the weekend?

Happy Thursday!