Talking Dead: Team Michonne

Options

Replies

• FromFlabToFurious
    FromFlabToFurious Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'll message Cindy and tell her not to count me. I'll still do the punishment (well, I'll try it out tomorrow and see how I go) and very light exercises but I can't do 250 minutes until I'm better.

Would it be okay if I had a target of 100? That'd be 20 minutes of cardio a day then...
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,855 Member
    Options
    Sit this week out and do not exercise at all. If it is in your lungs you are not doing yourself any favors by pushing it.
    [/quote

Hang in here with us Dazz, we do not need you to be superman. Make it your goal to support us everyday and stay within your calories. Anyway there is no way we will win this week. Richmond did not even put in an appearance! :sad: So rest, do not do anything but rest. So get out your pom poms and cheer us on.

Ellis is right. Rest.

Today I got in 30 minutes of cardio. And 45 of weight lifting.

Get better Dazz, quitting on us is not an option.

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    I'll message Cindy and tell her not to count me. I'll still do the punishment (well, I'll try it out tomorrow and see how I go) and very light exercises but I can't do 250 minutes until I'm better.

Would it be okay if I had a target of 100? That'd be 20 minutes of cardio a day then...

Read the above post Dazz, rest. Just keep us company here. You will have a hard time staying within calories without your monster workouts. So that is your goal. If we had a chance to win without Michonne I and Ellis could do your workouts. But we don't. So just get well.

Shelley
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options

Read the above post Dazz, rest. Just keep us company here. You will have a hard time staying within calories without your monster workouts. So that is your goal. If we had a chance to win without Michonne I and Ellis could do your workouts. But we don't. So just get well.

Shelley
    Yes, don't worry about anything. Anyone is allowed a leave of absence at any time for any reason, as long as your team leader knows you are off for the week, it will not count against your team. Do what you ate comfortable with and cheer from the sidelines until you are better. :flowerforyou:
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Hi All! Sorry I have been MIA! I have been so busy!

Ellie! Congrats on MVP, you are really a team player and stepped up and gave extra last week that really helped the team out! You are awesome!

Dazz, please take the week off and get yourself better! We need you to be healthy. This is not about quitting, it is about getting and staying healthy, which is a lifelong effort, so NO QUITTING!! We need you!
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options

Shelley
    Yes, don't worry about anything. Anyone is allowed a leave of absence at any time for any reason, as long as your team leader knows you are off for the week, it will not count against your team. Do what you ate comfortable with and cheer from the sidelines until you are better. :flowerforyou:

Okay, I'll rest but I'll cheer the rest of you on. You can do it, don't give up because Michonne didn't make an appearance. We will be known for our determination.

We never quit. We never surrender. Team Michonne forever and ever! ;)
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options

Shelley

Okay, I'll rest but I'll cheer the rest of you on. You can do it, don't give up because Michonne didn't make an appearance. We will be known for our determination.

We never quit. We never surrender. Team Michonne forever and ever! ;)

Yay!! I was going to pipe in with another 'don't you dare quit on us!' but I see you got the message! :laugh: I know its cliched but it is the taking part that counts, not the winning. In 6 months time none of us will remember who won this challenge but we will all remember how awesome it was so don't worry about the team, rest up and get better and in the mean time hang out here and keep us company! :flowerforyou:

My knee is still sore from Monday. I don't know what I did to it but I couldn't do my leg work out again today and I am not going to have a chance to get to the gym again this week. Im glad my numbers aren't counting either! The punishment exercise looks fun but I definitely can't do that. I might give it a go next week though when my knee WILL be better!
  • PhoenixStrikes
    PhoenixStrikes Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of names on our team that don't comment in this thread is it just the five of us who participate?
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    There are a lot of names on our team that don't comment in this thread is it just the five of us who participate?

Yep, there is Angie, Louise, Dazz, myself and you, Ellie.

But I like our small group.

Shelley
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options

Yep, there is Angie, Louise, Dazz, myself and you, Ellie.

But I like our small group.

Shelley

me too, we don't need anybody else!! :drinker:
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options
    I like our small group. I feel like it means more somehow. It's weird but I feel like I've known you all for ages. Does that sound strange?
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Louise and Dazz, we are great just the five of us. WOOHOO. And Dazz is correct. It does feel like I have known all of you for much longer. :)

I got in one punishment and 90 minutes of cardio. I have not been keeping up posting my exercises this week. But I have been doing them! Night all.

Shelley
  • PhoenixStrikes
    Options
    Yes! We have done a very good job of getting to know one another. Well done team :drinker:
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    I like our small group. I feel like it means more somehow. It's weird but I feel like I've known you all for ages. Does that sound strange?

I love our small group! And no, that is not weird at all! I still have friends from last years Walking Dead challenge, in fact, Louise is one of them! LOL, and I met Sara from Team Carol in real life! We live the farthest apart from each other in the continential US! Seattle to South Florida! LOL, Sara and her husband were super nice people and I wished they lived closer to me so we could hang out! I also feel that I have known you all for a long time and would love to meet any and all of you in real life!

I did a new workout this morning call Orange Theory, it was a cross between crossfit and bootcamp, it was awesome! But very expensive to join. I am going to a crossfit gym tomorrow!

BTW, how is everyone doing this week? On track? Besides Louise, who is hurt and getting ready for the big celebration.

Happy Thursday!
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    I also love meeting friends from here. :flowerforyou: I am on track. Have got in one hour of cardio so far. Will do 45 minutes of weight lifting when I get home. I hear cross fit is also very expensive. I do a few different boot camp dvd' s at home. And I recently bought a new kettlebell workout that uses a high step. The high step has not arrived yet. :cry: The color I want was on back order. So I ordered it and they will ship it as soon as it is back in stock.

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Weight lifting/kettles done. I hope I am still walking in the morning.

Shelley
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options
    Hello Team Michonne,

I feel a lot better today! I'm still coughing a little bit but it's only here and there. I'll be good to start exercising again next week but I'm going to ease myself back into the routine. I'm not going to do what I usually do, I'll probably do it by half. I'm at least going to do Insanity every day.

Good news from me. I've only gained a pound, so that's alright, and my measurements hasn't changed. I've been keeping under my calorie goal. I've done the Daryl punishment and did 60 minutes walking. Felt good to be out in the sunshine. I'm back home now, relaxing with my feet up.

=====

CARDIO:
    Walking- 60 minutes
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    That sounds fantastic Dazz. Glad you were able to enjoy some sunshine. Keep getting better. :drinker: I have been increasing my workouts intensity. Atletica, while not easy, is getting easier and I am not as sore the next day as bad either. Walked at work, walked the boys, did some weights and our punishment.

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Hey guys I was up early and did one of my new DVD workouts. I did Kelly Coffey Meyers Trim Down. Lots of punching in this one. Dazz, I think I found a new favorite for my kettles also. I ordered the Art of Strength Newport Kettlebell starring Anthony Diluglio. Hope it is as good as the reviews I read. Also watched a clip. Looks like boot camp with kettle bells! :drinker:

Shelley
  • PhoenixStrikes
    Options
    Great job Shelley!! You're killing it this week!

I have a bike ride and a lawn to mow so I should burn some calories today!