Talking Dead: Team Michonne

Options

Replies

• DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    Wow, crossfit sounds hard!! are pistol squats the ones that you do on one leg? ouch!!

Your weekend plans sounds amazing Angi. I am so jealous that you get to do so much outdoor stuff. I spend a lot of days here in the water but its mostly falling from the sky and very cold! :grumble:

I think I already mentioned my weekend plans but I am heading to my parents house tomorrow for a big family party and then I am going to bristol for University for a couple of days on Monday. Not sure how I am going to fit in the time to work out for our last week of the challenge!

Anyone else have any nice plans?
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,855 Member
    Options
    I ambiguous of you two and your plans. You two have a great time. We are going to take in a movie. Walk the boys of course and I am planning on some strength training. I am hoping to get my 100 pound bench press done!

Did 30 cardio and an hour of strength training. I should have at least 30 extra strength. I have not added it all up.

Shelley
  • PhoenixStrikes
    PhoenixStrikes Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    The family I work for is moving this weekend so I have been busy busy! Im on target for my exercise but I still have to fo the fitspiration. When is that due again?
  • FromFlabToFurious
    FromFlabToFurious Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'd just hand it in as soon as, then you'll know you don't have to worry about it! :)

Sorry that I haven't been as active, guys. Just having a right nightmare at work. I just feel a little stressed out from it all so I just took time and focused entirely on my writing. I'm a little better now anyway. I've been practising my high scores and I'm still #1. Been beaten in a couple of songs though but I'm still top on a couple and I'm going to hold on to them for as long as I can, haha.

Anyway, I have been keeping score of my goals and stuff so I'll do what I've done here:

CARDIO: 340/260
    STRENGTH TRAINING: 60/90 (I'll do some weights tomorrow. Most of these are Inchworms, which have seriously given tone to my arms!)
    PUNISHMENT: 6/3
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    I had a 12 hour day of training yesterday. We have a gal who is 6'3" in our department. Guess who I was partnered with for half of custody and control? sad Yep, good thing for me she did not want to kill me! Then a guy in the class actually swept me up over his head! laugh The class burst out laughing. And me? I was in shock. Could not believe he picked me up like I weighed nothing! I am still feeling great that I did not break his back. And me? Yep, took down a couple of big guys. And ran from galzilla! laugh

Thanks everyone for motivating me to stay in shape. Custody and control can be rough otherwise. But today's class was fun. Counting it as strength training!

Going to CO for fish supplies tomorrow. Will try and get our challenge up for April when I get home.

Shelley
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options
    Oh my gosh, Shelley! You're too bad-*kitten*, I love it!

Work has stressed me out all week, I caved and had a couple of bags of cookies but I stayed in my calorie goal so it's all good! Been exercising all week and I've managed to do my targets. I'm still coughing a little but the doctor said it was going to take a while for it to go. In saying that though, I'm a lot better than I was last week so fingers crossed, I'll be back to myself in no time!

Here's my final targets!

CARDIO: 400/260
    STRENGTH TRAINING: 100/90
    PUNISHMENT: 7/3
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    The family I work for is moving this weekend so I have been busy busy! Im on target for my exercise but I still have to fo the fitspiration. When is that due again?

I forgot all about that. Oh well. :P But I did finish my bench press. 100 lbs done.

Emily I am so sorry the family is moving. I know how fondly you feel towards the children. Hugs.

Shelley
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    Oh my gosh, Shelley! You're too bad-*kitten*, I love it!

Work has stressed me out all week, I caved and had a couple of bags of cookies but I stayed in my calorie goal so it's all good! Been exercising all week and I've managed to do my targets. I'm still coughing a little but the doctor said it was going to take a while for it to go. In saying that though, I'm a lot better than I was last week so fingers crossed, I'll be back to myself in no time!

Here's my final targets!

CARDIO: 400/260
    STRENGTH TRAINING: 100/90
    PUNISHMENT: 7/3

Fantastic going Dazz, And all that with cookies! LOL I had a very long spell of being sick that sounds just like yours. It lasted well over a month. About 9 years ago. I coughed so hard I thought I would pee my britches! It was awful. It took forever to go away totally. Take it easy. It will get better. And I do not know how you can say bad *kitten*. I was running! Away from a girl! :blushing:

Here are my finals:

Punishment none. Nada, nope. I hate those things. :noway: So glad to see you like them Dazz. :tongue: But I did not have to do mine this week. :bigsmile: Thanks for picking me as MVP, just so I could skip them nasty things. :bigsmile:

Cardio: 370/260
    Strength Training:290/90
    Stayed in my calories. Almost didn't since I shared cookies with Dazz!

I was really into the strength training this week.

I went on a 9 hour drive for fish food today. Had a great time until we returned home. Washing machine was on the fritz. Not totally unexpected. Bought a new one and hubby and son-in-law installed it. Then we walked the boys. Having cookies with Dazz now. :bigsmile: :laugh: And going to bed.

I did put up a new April challenge if anyone is interested.

April, Never Never Never Never give up

If you can not find it and might be interested let me know. I will send you an invite.

Shelley
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    You'll all remember in Week 4, winning a new character. This week that paid off: Abraham, Rosita and Eugene were all involved in the tunnel massacre with Maggie, Sasha and Bob. At least a dozen zombies were killed by that group, so we will give everyone involved in the shoot out 2 points.

Character Points For Week 8

Team Rick: Winner from Week 4 who chose Abraham: 0 for Rick plus 3 for Abraham's kills (2 in tunnel, 1 in mini van)
    Team Daryl: 0
    Team Michonne: Second place week 4: 0 plus 2 for new player: Eugene or Rosita
    Team Carol:0
    Team Carl: Second place week 4: plus 2 for new player Eugene or Rosita
    Team Glenn and Maggie: 8 (6 for Glenn plus 2 for Maggie)
    Team Tyreese and Sasha: Second place week 4: plus 2 for new player Eugene or Rosita
    Team Walker Horde: 0
    Team Beth:0
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options
    WOO! YES! SECOND PLACE! Absolutely dancing! COME ON EUGENE AND ROSITA! COME ON MICHONNE! If they existed, I would kiss them but you guys are here so I'll make do with sending you all virtual kisses! xD

By the way, I made this for you guys. I hope you like it. It's a team fitspo.

Rg7F6LWl.jpg

WE NEVER QUIT! WE NEVER SURRENDER! TEAM MICHONNE FOREVER AND EVER!
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    That is so talented Dazz! I can barely get a picture on here. No way could I do something as fabulous as that. Love it. We are in second place. WOOHOO.

Shelley
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options
    That is so talented Dazz! I can barely get a picture on here. No way could I do something as fabulous as that. Love it. We are in second place. WOOHOO.

Shelley

Thank you! :)

I tried to get us all in the picture along with Michonne. It was a bit of a struggle because Michonne would either be covering our faces or the pictures would be too small but I decided to use us all as a background instead with Michonne being the centre since Michonne is the key and reason to how we're all as a team! xD
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Great picture, Dazz! Those aren't the final scores yet, though. Just the early numbers with the kills that the characters earned the teams last episode. We still have to add everyone's totals together tomorrow.. I was late posting the kill points so i wanted to give all the teams that got some a heads up. Looks like you guys have a great shot this week!
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Dazz, that is so freaking awesome! Did you post that on fitspo? And congrats on all you got done this week!

Shelley, what an awesome workout?!, or I guess I understand why you workout so hard!

Ellie,I need your totals!

Almost walking dead time. Yay.
  • zumbaforever
    Options
    I hate season finales. I just wanted everyone to know that. Grrrrrr. Only got in a walk today.

Shelley
  • Angimom
    Options
    Me too! Has everyone watched yet?? Can we discuss?? SPOILER ALERT!

Go Michonne! She did have some badass kills this week! Team Michonne, we rock!
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Leader board and recap have been posted. 
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1195194-weekly-leaderboard-and-most-valuable-players
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1238374-walking-dead-recap-season-4-episode-16-a

Tyreese and Sasha will be deciding the last punishment exercise of the season. 

Also remember this is the week to get your 2 points for doing a Fitspiration, the early bird challenge 4 was:

A big part of survival in the apocalypse will be teaching and inspiring others. In week 9, there will be bonus points (2) awarded to everyone who contributes a fitspo to the MFP Fitspiration thread.  

Part One: 
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1102508-mfp-fitspiration 
    Part Two: 
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1103771-mfp-fitspiration 
    Part Three: 
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1128928-mfp-fitspiration 

Part Four
    Add your fitspo here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1198808-mfp-fitspiration

If you haven't done a fitspo yet, think of what you've accomplished in the last 9 weeks and make one now to make 2 points for your team this week. Browse the 4 part thread for inspiration (you'll find plenty). As you can see, a fitspo is just a motivational quote on a picture. It can be a before and after picture, a picture of yourself dancing, a picture of the street you jog on, the park you walk through or of an obstacle you've had to fight past. As long as the quote and picture have inspired you, it will inspire others. Message your team captain when you have posted one or remind them that you have done so already. 
  • FromFlabToFurious
    Options
    We did brilliantly in that episode! Michonne didn't let us down! I'm not saying any more until people have stated that they've watched it...but seriously, y'all, it was urrrmaaaazing!
  • Angimom
    Options
    I've watched! I know Sara has. Not sure about Louise or Ellie
  • Angimom
    Options
    Team Michonne rocks!