Talking Dead: Team Carol

Options

Replies

• SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you're feeling better Skittles!

Happy Friday everyone! I see the board has got a bit quiet. It must be because everyone is busy working out! That's what I have been up to.

It has been raining so much here lately and it can be a bummer for walking. Today the rain has stopped and it's a bit warmer and it's getting me excited for out door exercise!

What is your favorite outdoor exercise? For me, I love to jog, shoot hoops with my son and ride my bike when it's working. lol
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    I will not let last nights problems derail my determination for 500 cardio minutes. I will not let last nights problems derail my determination for 500 cardio minutes. I will not let last nights problems derail my determination for 500 cardio minutes. I will not let last nights problems derail my determination for 500 cardio minutes. I will not let last nights problems derail my determination for 500 cardio minutes.

If I say it enough times, I might just relax and get back on track.....
  • FunkyGranolaTree
    FunkyGranolaTree Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Howdy Folks,
    Sorry for the radio silence yesterday.. I took the day off from work to go to a bunch of meetings.. My 3 year old had a parent teacher conference to get ready for his school district meeting and my 2 year old had his psychological evaluation and his Occupational Therapy evaluation. It looks like with the results of all of the testing, that I am going to be able to get more services for both of them!

I also got to take the first spin on my new exercise bike! 11.4 miles in 31 mins! I :heart: it! it is quiet, runs well and it is great way to spend the mornings!! I am shooting for an hour on it tonight to try and catch up!

I am going to work really hard to make my numbers, and i think that i might JUST make it..

On an exciting front.... i dont watch The Walking Dead... but.... I just watched the first 2 episodes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait to meet Carol
  • strive4more11
    strive4more11 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hey Team!

Skittles- So glad to hear you are feeling better!

Sara- I have really enjoyed walking by dog the last few weeks. And I hope that when it gets nicer out, I will be able to utilize my new agility ladder in my new back yard! This will be my first spring/summer at my new house... I'm excited!

Funky- You don't watch The Walking Dead?!?! Are you hooked after the first two episodes? I definitely was! Also, really glad you like your new bike!

This week has kind of bummer for me. There just isn't much going on other than work... which can be hectic. I do have a trainee now who will be with me for the next 18 months until she is off probation. It makes the job a little more stressful, thats for sure! I am super excited about hitting the 500 club this week. SO MUCH EXERCISE. But I can already see its helping the results on the scale and I feel so much better! Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Cardio: 505/320
    Strength: 145/110
    Average calorie intake: 6/6 days
    Weight loss for challenge: 3 lbs
    Punishment (current) = 5/5 days
    Just made the 500 club. Had to work hard at that this week.
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    thanks strive I am feeling a lot better. :)

How was everyones day? and Sara is right it is getting quite around here, is everyone seeing some time weather and trying to be outside? it hit 54 here in PA and I loved it haha
  • FunkyGranolaTree
    Options
    I met Carol!!!!!!

Riding my bike now... Aiming for 20 miles in an hour... I still need to add up all my times, but I know tomorrow is going to be a BIG exercise day. I am going to try for a ride in the morning and then use my Body Blade ( haven't used it yet). Then a walk pushing a 100lb stroller!!!
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    I will not let last nights problems derail my determination for 500 cardio minutes. I will not let last nights problems derail my determination for 500 cardio minutes. I will not let last nights problems derail my determination for 500 cardio minutes. I will not let last nights problems derail my determination for 500 cardio minutes. I will not let last nights problems derail my determination for 500 cardio minutes.

If I say it enough times, I might just relax and get back on track.....

I got in a ton of walking today because I had yet another half day at work. I added up my cardio and I made it! Whew! What a hard week. You can do this TJ!
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    Howdy Folks,
    Sorry for the radio silence yesterday.. I took the day off from work to go to a bunch of meetings.. My 3 year old had a parent teacher conference to get ready for his school district meeting and my 2 year old had his psychological evaluation and his Occupational Therapy evaluation. It looks like with the results of all of the testing, that I am going to be able to get more services for both of them!

I also got to take the first spin on my new exercise bike! 11.4 miles in 31 mins! I :heart: it! it is quiet, runs well and it is great way to spend the mornings!! I am shooting for an hour on it tonight to try and catch up!

I am going to work really hard to make my numbers, and i think that i might JUST make it..

On an exciting front.... i dont watch The Walking Dead... but.... I just watched the first 2 episodes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait to meet Carol

I can't believe you never watched the Walking Dead Funky Sarah! I loved my exercise bike. What kind did you get? I had a rebock one and it totally crap out on me.

Lara, what is an agility ladder? I'm happy you are having fun with your new dog and getting all those walks in. A summer in your new house will be so nice I bet!

Belinda, I knew you could make it with your cardio mins!

Skittles, so glad your back on track and the weather is warming up a bit.

Sarah, Carol is a much better character now.
  • FunkyGranolaTree
    Options

I can't believe you never watched the Walking Dead Funky Sarah! I loved my exercise bike. What kind did you get? I had a rebock one and it totally crap out on me.

Sarah, Carol is a much better character now.

Ok. I am LOVING the walking dead. You all are going to have to bear with me!!! We just got to the CDC

The bike I got is a weslo. It's older and super low tech. But it can tell me miles. Last- 25 miles in 62 mins. I'm back on it this morning. I have 77mins of cardio to get in and 30 of strength!!
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I am also a newbie to WD - we have been watching old episodes to get caught up, but we are only in season 2. We just are to the point where the barn was cleaned out and Rick disposed of some new people met in town. I am assuming this decision will lead to future trouble.

I still have to get my workout in today but all I have left is less than an hour of cardio and the one punishment circuit. If we can, we will go to the gym, if not it will be videos for me in the living room.

My big project today has been clearing my closet of clothes that are too big and opening up my smallest boxes of clothes and getting them washed and ready to wear. It ends up I had more smaller clothes than I remembered, which is awesomebecause I really can't afford to buy a whole new wardrobe.
  • FunkyGranolaTree
    Options
    Cardio: 322/320 (just made it! 400 club next week)
    Strength: 90/90
    Weight loss for challenge: 2.5/7lbs
    Punishment (current) = done
  • strive4more11
    Options
    Cardio: 515/320 <--- WOOHOO!!!! 500 club!
    Strength: 120/90
    Average calorie intake: 6/6
    PunishmentL 1/1

I think I am going to aim for 550 in cardio next week.

Sara- An agility ladder is a rollout ladder that is put on the ground and used to do speed drills through. We used them in HS for soccer practice and those were my favorite days. I haven't been able to use it outside yet, but have gotten a little bit of use out of it in the house!
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    I'm going to go ahead and check in cause I wont be back till late.

Cardio: 766/320 way more than I ever thought I could achieve! (including combat)
    Strength: 97/90
    Punishment: 3/1
    Food: 6/6

Can't wait to see the rest of the numbers! You guys are so awesome!!
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Here are my numbers for the week. Can't wait to see where we come in this week!!

Cardio: 745/320
    Strength: 113/90
    Punishment: Completed
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    Cardio: 737/320
    Strength: 135/90
    Punishment: Completed plus I did 100 jumping jacks a day starting on Monday

If anyone needs anything or help or extra take it because everyone helped me so much while I was sick.
  • strive4more11
    Options
    Wow! 700 Club?!?! I think I would need to take vacation time from work to get that done! Way to go team! You have inspired me to hit the 600 Club next week instead of 550 :flowerforyou:
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    310/320 cardio 10 shy :-(
    90/90 strength
    6/6 food
    1/1 punishment

I didn't stick to my plan and my daughter's schools PTO made this week crazy. Next week I'm getting back in the pool Tuesday and Thursday and dropping my Insanity class. I love the pool and hate Insanity, I think it's a good trade.
  • sawjan
    sawjan Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Day 6 Saturday 3/8/14
    Format for the week:

Cardio: 530/320 (Aiming for the 500 club!)
    Strength: 145/110
    Martial Arts: 135/135
    Weight loss for challenge: 5.2#/ 9#
    Punishment (current) = 3 /1 circuit
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Monday -Saturday totals:

Cardio: 331/320
    Strength: 90/90
    Martial arts: 66/45 (counted in cardio)