Cindyinpg
Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
3a5519d3-c783-44a4-ab0f-b16aa7c8bb60_zpsb31b0338.jpg

Team Carol Discussion Board

Replies

• SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow TWD fans! I'm Sara and I would love to be on team Carol. I love her progression from the weak and repressed to a passionate leader.

I'm from Washington state, 42 and have 2 kids(20/16) and have been married for 21 years to my high school sweetie. I am very familiar with challenges and have had much success with losing weight and becoming more physically active. I had my gal bladder taken out at the end of Nov and was on exercise restriction for 6 weeks. I also managed to pull a muscle in my right arm. However, I'm ready to get back to it. I gained over 10 lbs since that time and I'm ready to get back to being fitter and slimmer. My trade is a medical assistant but I'm going into the pasta making business with my brother in law in March.

I'm taking a chance going with Carol because we don't know where she is. I have faith that she will be back much like Andrea was when she got lost. I'm guessing when she does make her appearance, she will be kicking butt and taking names. This is where I would like to be.
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    Im with you Sarah - I want to be on Carol's team cause she has made great progression from weak to strong and even though we dont know where she is right now, I think she will be back, fierce and commanding!!!

(Plus I totally believe she is going to hookup with Darrel and Im all for that):blushing:
  • sawjan
    sawjan Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    So excited to be on Team Carol! (I agree, Carol and Darrel should get together!!!)

My name is Janice - looking forward to getting to know you all during the challenge!
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    Yes! I also agree that not only will Carol be back but I think Daryl will come a looking for us. I'm happy to have you guys on my team, we may not get very many points if we are not in the episode but once we are back, I bet we will have tons of kills in one day.

Have you guys started any of the videos yet? I think I may start next week. I'm still trying to build myself up a bit.
  • tj1376
    Options
    I tend to not do the videos until the weekends. But I started that C2K program this week so it should help me with the cardio portion during the week.
  • sawjan
    Options
    I have put myself on a challenge that started last spring, it was doing cardio for 30 days, which turned into 90 days, then 180 days and NOW I am on day 284 out of 365 days of moving/cardio. I do my cardio first thing in the morning. To keep my motivated, I signed myself up for not one but TWO (must be crazy) 1/2 marathons. One at the end of May and the other at the end of August! I also take karate and teach kickboxing class. This year I need to start doing some weight training as well, besides core exercises.
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    Those are some ambitious goals Janice. I know I will be challenged trying to not only get in strength training but combat training too. This will push me because I don't really care for the martial art style of training even though I know it's very effective. So, that's what a challenge is all about.
  • tj1376
    Options
    LOL - I think we need some more members so I dont feel like the slacker in the group. After a year I am still learning to like exercise and I am no where near being ambitious enough for marathons. The color run is the closest I will get I think. But I do like the idea of at least trying some of the new exercises in the different styles of martial arts. Who knows I might like those.
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    TJ, don't feel so bad. I ran only one 5 k and it was last Sept. I only like to run for the fun of it and don't care too much if I'm in a race. LOL I never pushed passed that but God bless ya if you do. Carol is a moderate group and I know you are in that level.
  • sawjan
    Options
    How is everyone doing? What are your plans for the weekend? Nothing special planned for me, the normal house cleaning and laundry. We are going out to dinner on Saturday.
    Janice
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    My plans are to do that 44 min video in the early bird challenge sometime, probably on Sun. Tomorrow I'm looking at restaurant equipment for our pasta business and buying a pasta extruder!
  • tj1376
    Options
    My plan is to do the videos for this weeks challenges, get my house ready for my sisters visit next week and watch cartoons. Maybe do some dancing saturday night. Not to stressful a weekend.
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    What cartoons do you like? My son got me into Adventure Time and The Regular Show.
  • strive4more11
    strive4more11 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hello All! My name is Lara, I'm 26, and I live in Missouri. Team Carol seems a great place for me. Like her, I want to progress from a quiet 'weakling' to an all around bad *kitten*! I want to be able to make it on my own in the Apocalyptic World. I am super excited about this challenge and will start the workouts tomorrow morning! (I'm at work so I can't start tonight :sad: )
  • sawjan
    Options
    Sara - great job on the challenge this weekend. My daughter loves adventure time and the regular show.

TJ - how was the weekend? Stress free, I hope?

Strive4more11 - Welcome!

Great weekend - my long run was 3 miles, and it was raining, so I ran inside on the treadmill. Talked myself into NOT getting upset with the young girl that got on nest to me. She started running at double the speed I was going at. Reminded myself that we are all their for our own workouts and that is hers. And to not compare myself to her! Dinner with friends was great (and yummy). Stayed under my calories (even with a glass of wine)

Janice
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    WB Lara, I say WB because Lara was our team captain when we did our original zombie apocalypse challenge. This team is going to be so awesome!

Janice, I totally know how you feel being at a gym next to an expert. Sigh, you are right though. Everyone has their own pace and style and the main thing is that we are all getting healthier.

This week I'm going to stay under my calories!!! I got in the habit of going over and I can't seem to stop. I can keep my exercise up but for some reason, I still want to eat, eat, eat. It's probably my body adjusting back to exercise too. This is my goal this week.

I'm going to work on the exercise videos posted on Team Carols challenge board. I didn't see if there was a new challenge posted yet, so I'm going to look there as well.
  • tj1376
    Options
    I did have a relatively stress free weekend. watched cartoons on saturday and then cleaned like mad. My cartoons are superhero cartoons, of almost any kind. And princess sophia, cause its just so dang cute.

Lara!! Its nice to see you back!!!
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Hi team Carol, I saw this on Sara's postings. I was on the OZ challenge with her this past summer! This sounds like fun. I have watched the show off and on. My daughter loved it and so has my daughter in law. So I am looking forward to it! I have been on MFP since about August of 2013. Been trying to mix up my routine lately but can not get into it. And keep going back to what I find fun. So hopefully this will pull me out of my rut!
  • tj1376
    Options
    Morning Team Carol!!! Its a long work day for me, but Im hoping that means I will be productive.
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    Welcome to the team Bebubble. I'm glad to see us slowly growing. I have been trying to reach outside my comfort box this week by doing different kinds of videos. I did the Jillian Michaels kickboxing video and thought it was kind of fun. I may try that one a bit more. I'm slowly getting back to it and so far, I have stayed under my calories this week (yes, I know it's only Wed).

Good luck everyone.