Talking Dead: Team Carol

Options

Replies

• tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    Morning TEAM CAROL!!!!! One more day to the start of the challenge - woohoo!!!!!!
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I'm Maria and new to this group but I needed one and look this combines losing weight and my favorite show!! Carol is my favorite(unless she covered for Lizzie) So I'm here! I'm worried about the protein part because I'm not very good at hitting my protein goal as it is.

-Maria
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

I'm Maria and new to this group but I needed one and look this combines losing weight and my favorite show!! Carol is my favorite(unless she covered for Lizzie) So I'm here! I'm worried about the protein part because I'm not very good at hitting my protein goal as it is.

-Maria
    Don't worry, you don't get points for macros in this challenge. Protein targets are just something to keep in mind.
  • sawjan
    sawjan Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Almost challenge time!!! Yeah!
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    @bebubble -
    This challenge seems to have 3 components : 1) eating within your calorie guidelines on average per week, 2) doing the required cardio (45 minutes of combat training exercise; 160 of your choice of cardio), and 3) doing the strength training requirements (90 minutes of weights).

The other stuff is how they determine a winning team. But I think in order to have the best chance of winning we need to be eating right and completing all the exercise components. Your Leslie videos should be a good way to get in a bunch of cardio minutes.

@ Someone smart

Help! I cannot figure out this macro thing. I did the math and it seems that I am supposed to be eating 35% protein, 45% fat and 25% carbs? This doesn't sound right? Or do I have to use the TDEE method to use macros? I'm not sure I want to switch to TDEE because this other system is working for me.

Thank you kawookie for simplify it!
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    My "Walking Dead" program says "Season 4B inside look." Is this correct? :noway: :frown: :grumble:
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Good morning team!

I hope everyone has been planning out a strategy for themselves so they can get in all their strength and cardio workouts in.

My plan looks like this:

Monday: Weights/Pilates core work & 3 miles Leslie Sansone
    Tuesday: Cardio (30 minutes - TBD)
    Wednesday: Weights/Pilates core & 3 miles Leslie Sansone
    Thursday: Kickboxing video
    Friday: Power sculpting video
    Saturday: Cardio (Likely stair stepper and elliptical)

I may have to switch things around as we have plans on Tuesday and Friday night, but this is my tentative plan.
  • tj1376
    Options
    MORNING!!!!!

This is going to be challenging I think. I have to remember to check in with my team as well as the teams Im captain of. If you dont see me, drop me a line and remind me to come chat.

Sara - My goals are - i have no idea. lol

Wait - yes I do.
    1. I want to complete the C25k challenge and be able to run 3 miles nonstop.
    2. I want lose 10 more pounds by the end of the challenge.
    3. I want to be able to comfortably use the 10lb weight I have for strength training, instead of the 3lb one.
    4. I want to go the whole challenge without having carbs Im not supposed to.

Thats it, those are my goals. I will send you my measurements and current weight tonight when I get home.
  • FunkyGranolaTree
    FunkyGranolaTree Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Morning all!!! Coruscate and I are a little confused. What day does the challenge start? Today? Does the challenge usually run Sunday to Saturday? Can someone clarify?

I am snowed in today in New York so I am hoping during the day to get in a Rebound workout and then if the roads are clear enough later to get a run in.

My goals: get my long run average pace below 13:50 per mile and to get the darn scale moving!!!!!
  • SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    My "Walking Dead" program says "Season 4B inside look." Is this correct? :noway: :frown: :grumble:

Not quite sure what you are talking about.
  • tj1376
    Options
    Morning all!!! Coruscate and I are a little confused. What day does the challenge start? Today? Does the challenge usually run Sunday to Saturday? Can someone clarify?

I am snowed in today in New York so I am hoping during the day to get in a Rebound workout and then if the roads are clear enough later to get a run in.

My goals: get my long run average pace below 13:50 per mile and to get the darn scale moving!!!!!

Challenge starts today and runs Monday thru Saturday. This first week points have been awarded to teams based on the mid season finale kills so each team already knows if they have any kill points for this week.

Sadly, Carol was not in the midseason finale, so we have to make due with getting 100% of our exercise and nutrition goals in if we want to win and avoid punishment exercises.
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options

Good morning! The challenge starts today. You have until this Saturday to complete your task and turn them in by midnight CST. Sunday is a rest day and a day to watch Walking Dead, take notes and Monday is the new challenge.
  • FunkyGranolaTree
    Options
    Ok... So then follow up question.... Does any exercise on Sundays count?????
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    Let me ask Cindy to be certain. We usually only use 6 days in a challenge. Sunday you can swap for another day if that is a big work out day for you.
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    Good morning Team Carol!!! I will be your team captain for the duration of this challenge. I'm very excited to get more disciplined and work hard to get fit. I hope your with me! Please read the question answer in the top of the message board to remember how to play this challenge. For now, this is our team:

Saraalexandre(me) Team Captain
    TJ1376
    Sawjan
    strive4more11
    bebubble
    hajenkatt
    kawooke
    simbersea
    coruscate7
    FunkyGranola
    Tinkermommc

That's 11 people. At this time, gather up your goals and post it here or just send me a personal message. Make a work out plan that will include both strength training and martial arts. 90 mins per week of strength training is required for a point. Martial arts is recommended for 45 mins a week but not required. This week you will need to do 210 mins of cardio total. The 90 mins of strength training needs to be seperate from your total cardio. (coming from Cindy) You will need to stay under your calories an average of the week to also earn a point. We earned zero points for our team from the season finale. Sad but true.

I will start recording your goals so please check in with me! If I don't here from you this week, I will assume you dropped out.

Looking forward to our team kicking some butt. Please check in here on the message boards and feel free to spy on the other teams for that extra edge. I have a feeling we will be doing a lot of punishment exercises because Carol is AWOL. That's ok because whatever doesn't kill us will only make us stronger.

Sara
  • FunkyGranolaTree
    Options
    I am really excited about this... But now I have one more question..... Sorry I really am not that dumb!! So we need 210 of cardio AND 90 of strength? OR 210 of cardio INCLUDING 90 of cardio?

I promise I will get it eventually lol!!
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    I am really excited about this... But now I have one more question..... Sorry I really am not that dumb!! So we need 210 of cardio AND 90 of strength? OR 210 of cardio INCLUDING 90 of cardio?

I promise I will get it eventually lol!!
    They are seperate. 210 minutes of cardio and 90 of strength. For most people that would be strength training for 30 minutes three times a week and cardio for 70 minutes another 3 days. Or 35 minutes of cardio 6 days a week. Whatever works for you. As long as you don't count something twice. There's lots of exercises that have both cardio and strength elements, you have to pick which one it feels like, to you. Or you can split it up. Say you do an hour of P90x. You could call it 30 minutes of cardio and 30 minutes of strength training.
  • SweetPea_7
    SweetPea_7 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I am FINALLY catching up! I had planned a little time to do this over the weekend, but ended up out of town the whole time, with no computer.

SO. I had no idea what team to be on in the start. i soooo wanted team daryl, but i wasnt sure i could pull off the workout minutes. and after looking through the cast, Carol is REALLY the one i relate to the most. so im pretty excited about this. besides.. this means we get to be rescued by Daryl... id rather be handled BY him, than BE him *blush*.

ANYWAY. Here is me. I am 31 (almost 32). i have a 10.5 month old baby boy that i call G, Gbug, Gmonkey, peanut butter, whatever makes him smile. i am in the middle of a divorce, in which i am still living with the soon-to-be-ex. ALL of this has made it tricky to find the 'right' time to workout. TIL NOW. I just joined a new 'gym' and im starting back to my 4am's... so there is no room for anyone to say 'you can't go' or the puppy dog eyes from Baby G telling me to snuggle instead. i cant still do all that, and get my workouts in.

my weekly plan:
    MWF will be lifts in the morning and swimming with G at night. (est 100 min/ 60 strength 40 cardio)
    T/TH will be rowing/ extra in the morning and tabata class at night (30-60min all cardio)
    Sat/Sun will be catching up or yoga. (0-60 min cardio)

this seems over zealous, but im thrilled... and i know that i have the time. WOOT
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Good morning Team Carol.
    You are starting the challenge with no points, because Carol made no kills ( that we saw) last episode. I imagine she was killing zombies left and right if they'd showed her.
    Here is what happened last episode. Currently Daryl has the most points, with Lizzie and Mika coming in at number 2.
    Don't read this if you missed the mid season finale, it is a full recap.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1162909-episode-recap-season-4-part-1-finale
  • FunkyGranolaTree
    Options
    Thanks for the clarification!!!

The kids are driving me NUTS today!!! But I got a half hour in on the rebounder, and 10 mins of core work.. Its a start... I will get more in tonight after I get my hubby back and and he can take over the wild horde of children!!!

:drinker: