Talking Dead: Team Carol

Replies

• FunkyGranolaTree
    FunkyGranolaTree Posts: 363 Member
    1) I just dont know how you all find that much time in the day.. Can you please share your secrets??:frown:

2) I have a hard time accepting help :flowerforyou:

3) I think that it is awesome that this group is so active that we have already rolled over to a new set up pages (and some groups are barely talking) :drinker:
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 558 Member
    Go Carols Part 2!!!

Okay I think in the jump to a new one my post got lost. so I'll say it again.

I'm going to make up my burpees from the punishment when I was out with Pneumonia, so I'll track the time on those and donate it to the pool to help whomever can't hit the 320 club :-)
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Episode Recap is posted here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1215721-episode-recap-season-4-episode-11-still
    Summary of Kill points Daryl 6, Beth 2

Leaderboard and this week's MVP's has been posted.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1195194-weekly-leaderboard-and-most-valuable-players

Rick will be deciding the punishment exercises this week and choosing one of the four new characters. The weekly points from the remaining three will be divided up among the three, second place finishers. 

This week's optional show inspired exercise is this fitnessblender golf workout: 
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F8iPHvVq6E&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,632 Member
    I'm slowly getting back yay. night time sucks because I'm still coughing when I try and sleep, but for the most part the day is good. I did some Leslie Sansone walking and I did the Fitness Blender Golf Workout. in a bit I'm going to try and do my 30DS, not sure if I can handle it. and then a nice walk this evening. I really want to do zumba and my body pump but I'm not pushing it.
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Hi team!

If we could just get our eating under control and Carol to come out and play, we would be on top of that leader board! Ah well, we are still kicking some *kitten* with our cardio clubs.

I am going to be a realist and go for minimums this week as I won't be able to do as much exercise on Friday with working and evening commitments and T/Th is always more challenging with not getting home until 7 pm. With Fat Tuesday and ash Wednesday coming up, this week is just going to be challenging for me to work in work outs. I may have some heavy exercise days and other days where I can only squeeze in 30 minutes. We'll see. If I can do some extra for the team, I will.

I personally am battling a cold :angry: Like I have time for this crap! I started my morning with a 2 mile walk and I have plans for strength training (and perhaps more cardio) this afternoon. Well I'm off to get the next on my massive list of things done. Why are days when I don't go into work worse than the days I do? Working from home is really double duty as you have home and work things that need to be done.
  • SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,313 Member
    Wow! We flipped the board! Yay! If you need to refer to Carol part one, it sits on the bottom of the discussion feed.

320 mins of Cardio is a lot and we can pool together and get it done.
  • SaraAlexandre
    1) I just dont know how you all find that much time in the day.. Can you please share your secrets??:frown:

2) I have a hard time accepting help :flowerforyou:

3) I think that it is awesome that this group is so active that we have already rolled over to a new set up pages (and some groups are barely talking) :drinker:

I get up at 5:15 AM and work out for at least 30 mins, I walk at lunch and I put on a head lamp and walk when I get home. Then I do 30 mins of someother work out. On my days off, I try to go for monster numbers. It's extremly challenging!

Looks like our team missed the new characters by placing 5th...darn it!
  • SweetPea_7
    SweetPea_7 Posts: 249 Member
    Hello all!! again.. maybe? did i check in this morning already? wow.

anyway... quick set up of my goals for the week:

food: i need to start logging. period
    nutrition: has been garbage lately. so im going back to eggs for breakfast and trying to hit protein

workouts:
    M: swim + try for yoga tonight since i bailed this morning
    t: lift/tabattas
    w: WOD + swim
    Th: lift/tabattas
    F: WOD + yoga
    S: Lift + makeup for what im lacking
  • SweetPea_7
    Looks like our team missed the new characters by placing 5th...darn it!

NOOOOOOO!!!!:sad:
  • strive4more11
    strive4more11 Posts: 213 Member
    It sucks that we missed out on the new players, but Team Carol still rocks! I am counting Sunday this week and will take another day off seeing as how I got a crap ton of exercise done yesterday (my day off)! I am still aiming to be in the 500 club :drinker: hopefully that happens!

Did anyone else get tons of snow yesterday? We ended up with only about 4 inches (the forecast was up to 11) so thankfully I didn't break my back shoveling the snow!

Skittles - glad to see you are feeling a bit better!

Kawookie - busy days are a drag! Personally, I just try to fit in 15 - 30 mins on breaks.

Funky - I think I can fit in 400+ mins because of a few things... I am single with no kids (thats a bog one!). That means my free time is mine to do with whatever I want. Plus I try to make things that have to get done more creative. I dance while I cook and clean to get in a few extra mins here and there.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Monday!
  • SweetPea_7
    i know Sara asked this a while ago, so i wanted to add it in here...

What do your screen names mean??

Mine is Coruscate... which means to shine brilliantly or to sparkle.

the sparkle thing is something i picked up, not sure how. i think it was just something someone called me or told me once... that i needed to sparkle a little brighter... or that no one cold take me sparkle away. so it just became my mantra. and i ended up writing a tiny little story about it too. its cute and kinda kiddish... but it fit with all the stuff i was/am going through.

12797083505_353e773a8e_n.jpg
  • strive4more11
    courscate - :heart: it!

Mine is kinda self explanatory -- a reminder to myself to constantly strive for more... more out of life and more out of myself. And 11 is just my favorite number :happy:
  • FunkyGranolaTree
    FunkyGranolaTree Posts: 363 Member
    I dont really have a reason or a story behind my name... and honestly I dont really like it anymore... But then I dont really like my real name either. LOL :ohwell:
  • SaraAlexandre
    Funkygranola is an awesome name and Sarah is even better! LOL!! Then again, I'm biased.

Courscate: to sparkle...I love it!!!

Strive4more is what we all need to do right?

Thanks for sharing! I think we have a few more names out there to explain.

BTW, hope you guys are not mad at me for the 320 mins of cardio. This is more cardio then all the other teams. I am trying for club 500 God help me. I will donate the 180 extra to whom needs it.
  • Skittles2183
    I am back in the game (finally) lol I didn't do my 30ds yet but I did walk and was on the elliptical, I'm at 158mins of work out today. I really want to do zumba but I'm still worried if I should :frown:

but as for my screen name its funny but I don't like skittles the candy lol but I loved bright colors and all in HS my friends would said I wanted to be a rainbow of colors and someone just started calling me skittles lol so I used it for my e-mail and added numbers to it

If anyone needs any help at all I will donate anything I have because everyone helped me so much.
  • SaraAlexandre
    I am back in the game (finally) lol I didn't do my 30ds yet but I did walk and was on the elliptical, I'm at 158mins of work out today. I really want to do zumba but I'm still worried if I should :frown:

but as for my screen name its funny but I don't like skittles the candy lol but I loved bright colors and all in HS my friends would said I wanted to be a rainbow of colors and someone just started calling me skittles lol so I used it for my e-mail and added numbers to it

If anyone needs any help at all I will donate anything I have because everyone helped me so much.

LOVE IT! YOU ROCK! and I hope you are really feeling better.
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 558 Member
    Mine is a combo of the names my favorite people gave me. My BFF started calling me Tinkerbell the weekend we met, I called her Angelfish, though now 14 yrs later we usually just go by Tink and Fish. We're weird. Mom, well that's what the kids call me. M is my first name from my mom, and C is my last name from my husband. It all comes together nicely :-)
  • Skittles2183
    well I tried my 30DS and I didn't make it far at all, the jumping jacks did me in lol. I'll stick to mostly walking the next few days
  • strive4more11
    I love all the name explanations! Im also going for 500+ and all my extra is for anyone who needs it!

Sara- I think its good to make it more challenging every week! Our goal is to be more healthy right? Though I know not everyone has as much time as I do, but I will help out as much as possible :)
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    My username is from college. It was back when the Star Wars I-III were coming out. Everyone was big into what Star Wars character they were. I asked my lunch group which character I was and the whole table looked at me and said "The wookie". So K for my first name, a wookie.

I guess they all knew to "Let the wookie win!" LOL

I have kawookie on yahoo, google and wherever else I can grab it. :wink: