Talking Dead: Team Carol

Replies

• Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    When I did work there was no way I could get this much cardio or strength training.
    I am also in another challenge or two. So that helps alot.
    My thyroid is about dead. I need to lose weight but its darn hard. So I am
    purely focused and determined to do this.
    I will be there in March Hope ALL you wonderful people are there too! :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    My Sunday-Friday totals:

Cardio: 342/220 (My extra goes to FunkyGranola if she needs it, otherwise it is just a donation to the team)
    Strength: 113/90
    Core work: (40/30 -- counted in strength total)
    Relaxing: 10/10 (I did some stretching segments as well as some snuggling on the couch)
    Eating: 6/6
    Wall sits: 2/5 (These are my new kryptonite. Forget what I said about burpees; these are worse. You can't power through a minute of burning thighs in the same way.)
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Ahhh...just looked at my numbers and I have some cardio to get done today.

I kinda slacked off this week. The Vancouver Wine Festival was this week, so Ispent more time than I should have tasting yummy wines. Yesterday I got no exercise in and went over my calories.:embarassed:

I have to be very dedicated today!!!!
  • strive4more11
    strive4more11 Posts: 213 Member
    Good morning everyone! Hope everybody has a wonderful, activity filled Saturday!
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member

I kinda slacked off this week. The Vancouver Wine Festival was this week, so Ispent more time than I should have tasting yummy wines.

I didn't realize you were in Vancouver! So am I!! How cool is that!
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    My Sunday-Friday totals:

Cardio: 342/220 (My extra goes to FunkyGranola if she needs it, otherwise it is just a donation to the team)
    Relaxing: 10/10 (I did some stretching segments as well as some snuggling on the couch)
    Wall sits: 2/5 (These are my new kryptonite. Forget what I said about burpees; these are worse. You can't power through a minute of burning thighs in the same way.)

You are doing wonderful! You do what you can. There are many, including me, that have donated ours.
  • SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,313 Member
    My Sunday-Friday totals:

Kim, love the new pic. You are sure showing progress. When you get to your goal weight you should treat yourself to the works, manny, pedi and new hair do, massage and a party dress. Whoo HOO!
  • SaraAlexandre

I kinda slacked off this week. The Vancouver Wine Festival was this week, so Ispent more time than I should have tasting yummy wines. Yesterday I got no exercise in and went over my calories.:embarassed:

I have to be very dedicated today!!!!

We have that down below you in Seattle area. I know when I go on wine tours there is tons of walking. Did you do a ton of walking you can count? Even slow walking adds up after awhile.
  • SaraAlexandre
    Good morning everyone! Hope everybody has a wonderful, activity filled Saturday!

You too Lara and I can't wait to see your numbers this week. I bet they are over the top!
  • SaraAlexandre
    When I did work there was no way I could get this much cardio or strength training.
    I am also in another challenge or two. So that helps alot.
    My thyroid is about dead. I need to lose weight but its darn hard. So I am
    purely focused and determined to do this.
    I will be there in March Hope ALL you wonderful people are there too! :flowerforyou: :heart:

Well you sure made good use of your time this week. Woo Hoo!!! 500 club baby!!!
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,632 Member
    well today was the first day I did anything, i took a nice 45 mins walk with my hubby in the mall but I'm feeling better and I want to go do some more. also I didn't eat good this week because it was mostly juice and soup and I'm going to do the wall challenge here in a bit. sorry I was out but next week I'm going to be back in the game. I am also so very proud of everyone for getting in the 300 and 400 and even 500 thats great. way to go team. so tonight I won't be at 220 :( but i'm hoping to be at 100 at least. I got 45 in so far.
  • SaraAlexandre
    Skittles, don't worry about this week cause your team has you covered and it looks like you stayed with in your food goals. So, your good.

Here is my check in:

Wrote personal story, check
    Punishment walls squat/sits 6/5
    Cardio: 419/220(45 mins of yoga/stretch/balance/planks)(53 mins martial arts)
    Strength: 138/90(kettlebell, yoga)
    food: 6/6

This week was tough for me to get in all the cardio competitively but I did it! I lost a pound to finally and I will try for 500 club next week if it kills me!

Looking forward to the rest of your results. So far I have 5 check ins, keep um coming so we can earn a new team member from the new cast members.
  • sawjan
    sawjan Posts: 161 Member
    Day 6 Saturday 3/1/14 (Summary)
    Format for the week:

Cardio: 622/220 --> Next week goal 500??? who is with me???
    Strength: 130/110
    Martial Arts: 135/135 -->now counted into the cardio
    Average calorie intake: 6/6
    Weight loss for challenge: 7/9
    Punishment (current) = Wall Squats: 6/5 days
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    My totals for this week:

Cardio: 435/220
    Strength: 112/90 (found a combat yoga video on YouTube, how cool is that!?!?!)
    Punishments, Wall Sits: 6/5
    Food: 6/6
    Wrote Personal Story: Done

I am happy to donate my extra cardio or strength to anyone on the team that needs it!
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    This is a small world! I'm from Seattle originally, like SaraAlexandre, but I took a job transfer and I currently live in Vancouver, BC like Hajenkatt :)

So for my fitness story.

Probably like a lot of people on the site, my journey started with a photo. Or in my case, two photos. I had ignored the evidence from the first photo, but after the second one, it was tough to deny that I was overweight. That was four years ago! I'm obviously a slow learner, cause I still didnt take working out or eating right seriously. Until December 2013 when for no real reason at all I just got sick of it and decided that I was not going to spend my retirement being fat and weak. So I joined, starting logging, taking workouts seriously...and what do you know? It works. I have a long way to go, but I know I'm finally gonna get it done.

Is that enough? I hate talking about myself. Almost as much as I hate Yoga. Which I had to do this week to get my core time in...on to weekly totals.

Wall Squats: 5/5
    Cardio: 225
    Strength: 90+20 yoga+10 abs
    Food: 5/6 - wine festival day :(
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Remember to check in! Don't forget that there's a great prize this week, the top four teams get to add a new character from the show, who will make them points for the rest of the challenge.
  • SweetPea_7
    SweetPea_7 Posts: 249 Member
    TOTALS:

Cardio: 308/220 (includes 60min of yoga-for abs)
    Strength: 200/90 (175st + 5, 5min wall sits)
    Punishments, Wall Sits: 5/5
    Food: 2/6 (sorry.. logging is kicking my butt these days)
    Wrote Personal Story: Done

week brokedown (excludes wall sits, but did add the total in at top)
    M: 30 cardio
    T: 60 strength/60 cardio
    W: 95 cardio
    Th: 55st/35c
    Fri: found the wine :drinker: managed a wall sit :bigsmile:
    Sat: 60st/88c
  • strive4more11
    strive4more11 Posts: 213 Member
    Cardio: 450/440 (Skittles and I)
    Strength: 180/180 (Skittles and I)
    Food: 6/6
    Punishment: 12/10 (Skittles and I)
    Wrote Personal Story: Check
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 558 Member
    Am i last again?

310/220 it maybe more but i underestimated snowboard time
    120/90 strength with pilates for core
    6/6 food
    6/5 wall squats
  • SaraAlexandre
    your not last tinker...still have funky left.

FYI, Simbersea and Coruscate7 you average your food goals for the week. So if the average for the week you are under cals you can call it 6/6 if not...let me know.