Talking Dead: Team Carol

Options

Replies

• FunkyGranolaTree
    FunkyGranolaTree Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Guys,
    I might need help with the wall sits this week. I need to break the 5 minutes up into multiple session but I can't seem to find the time to sit against the wall early enough in the day. I can't do it at work because I don't have an office per se with a door. I haven't gotten home any night this week before 9 pm with visiting the hospital. Often then I am starting my workout. <sigh>

I will do what I can and maybe it won't hurt so badly if I don't use the 5 pound weighted ball? I will give that a try also.

I have been doing extra wall sit time every day.. I will have some to give at the end of the week....

I am super struggling with the cardio this week. It seems to bring the migraine on full force. I have been getting a good amount of yoga and active stretching...gotta figure out how to make it this week!
  • SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    I can donate about 15 mins of the sits. I do them at work on down time. I don't think I'm going to hit the 400 club on cardio but I will try my best on Sat to catch up.
  • sawjan
    sawjan Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Day 4 Thursday 2/27/14
    Format for the week:

Cardio: 437/220 (Aiming for the 400 club!) :drinker:
    Strength: 130/110
    Martial Arts: 135/135 -->now counted into the cardio :happy:
    Average calorie intake: 4/6
    Weight loss for challenge: 5.2/9
    Punishment (current) = Wall Squats: 4/5 days
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    Guys,
    I might need help with the wall sits this week. I need to break the 5 minutes up into multiple session but I can't seem to find the time to sit against the wall early enough in the day. I can't do it at work because I don't have an office per se with a door. I haven't gotten home any night this week before 9 pm with visiting the hospital. Often then I am starting my workout. <sigh>

I will do what I can and maybe it won't hurt so badly if I don't use the 5 pound weighted ball? I will give that a try also.

Im exempt from them this week but I have been doing them so I will gladly give you the time I have put in.
  • tj1376
    Options
    Day 4 Thursday 2/27/14
    Format for the week:

Cardio: 437/220 (Aiming for the 400 club!) :drinker:
    Strength: 130/110
    Martial Arts: 135/135 -->now counted into the cardio :happy:
    Average calorie intake: 4/6
    Weight loss for challenge: 5.2/9
    Punishment (current) = Wall Squats: 4/5 days

Its only Thursday and these are your numbers - IMPRESSIVE!!!!!!

My Stats To Date:
    260 min Cardio
    15 min Strength
    4 day good nutrition

I should have no problems hitting the 300 club by Saturday and possibly even getting 400. Guess those 3 days I took off this week really did help instead of hurt.
  • strive4more11
    strive4more11 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I see we are having some trouble this week as a team :ohwell:
    I am still aiming for about 450 mins of cardio (for myself and Skittles) but will try to add on more to help out the rest of the team. How is everyone doing on strength? I will get in 200, but if anyone needs help, let me know and I will try to get more in there. I will start doing double or triple the wall sits for the rest of the week (ouch!). I have off Saturday so I plan on getting TONS of cardio in with some dancing around the house :blushing:

Stats so far
    Cardio 255/450 (Skittles and I)
    Strength 80/180 (Skittles and I)
    Food 4/6
    Punishment 2/10 <--- will start really working on that (Skittles and I)
  • tj1376
    Options
    My story:

I wasn't overweight until I got engaged in my early 20's. I didn't listen to myself telling me that marriage was a bad idea. Big mistake!! For the next decade I gained and gained, lost a little then gained it back. After my divorce I lost about 50lb and was feeling good. But when I couldn't seem to keep any friends or even start a relationship I fell into the habit of playing online games and pretty much stayed in my house for a couple years, gaining more weight. It didnt really bother me to much at first, I didnt have friends and the only people I know in the town I live in are the people I work with. :yawn:

But then one day I took a real hard look at myself and realized I didnt like what I was seeing. I was starting to look just like the majority of the women, and most of the men, in my family. They were all morbidly obese and had multiple health issues. I didnt like that. Couple that with the fact I was having migraines 4-6 times a WEEK and blew through 5 years of vacation and banked comp-time in 2 years taking over 100 sick days in a year, I decided it was time for a change. :frown:

Last year in January I restarted logging on MFP and I started the process of having Gastric Sleeve Surgery. I joined the first Zombie Challenge in February, got off the online games, had surgery in April and I have been non-stop ever since with exercise, eating what Im told I can eat and mostly just getting back the the happy me I used to be. People like Sara, our fearless captain and Cindy our challenge creator, have been great at helping me stay motivated, thats why you will see them yell at me once in awhile when I confess to being lazy. :flowerforyou: :heart:

A year after the start of my life changes, Im down 125lbs, so far, I have made some great new friends both in MFP and in person and my bosses say they haven't seen me this happy and productive in years. Im even going to try to do 2 5k's this year, just because I can. Who knows, I might even find a man willing to put up with me. (or me willing to put up with him) :heart: :bigsmile:

I didn't do this for anyone or anything, except for me. I think that's the most important reason anyone should ever embark on major life changes - it has to be for you first and foremost, otherwise how likely are you to stick with it?
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    How are you liking the C210K program? I tried the C25K last year, but I don't know that I had the best phone app for it.

I have to say that I love the program, but the actual app is ugly as h*ll. It was free and originally had this funky kind lf retro wooden look to it. Now they've "updated" it and it looks like crap. Still, the running program is solid and one of the only ones I've found for free. It's called "Couch to 10k Workout" by ITGenerations inc. I have my iPhone propped up on my bottle holder of my treadmill when I run bc I watch Netflix on my iPad to pass the time. That way I can monitor my time but I don't use the music feature of the app. I always go to settings and turn that off. The new update added a lame funky music that is annoying. So, not exactly a stellar review, but I had goodresults with it the first time I used it two years ago.
  • FunkyGranolaTree
    FunkyGranolaTree Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    My personal bit.. This has been really hard and I have kept putting it off. I am struggling to narrow down something to tell. I feel all at the same time that I have too many bits of info and none at all.

I dont have a dramatic weight loss epiphany (especially since I havent lost any - maybe my epiphany is still to come).

I have funny, crazy, tragic, and scary tales of things that have happened (travel, hostage situations, crazy accidents, strange surgeries). But none of that really seems to meet the point of the assignment.

I only really "know" one other person in the this group so really i could say ANYTHING.

So here goes.... I think that this is something that even Courscate doesn't know about me...

I have a dream of singing on a big stage. I have sung my whole life, in choirs, in musicals. I have never been the "front man". I had never sung a solo until about 2 years ago. I have been told that I have a strong voice when I am in my range, but I struggle to expand on it. I get very nervous when I sing solo and become completely incapable of "performing". It isnt just about standing there in singing, but being able to look comfortable, move naturally, and not pass out from the panic! Two years ago, I toyed with the idea of auditioning for "The Voice" (at the encouragement of my choir leader). I had a song prepared, I had a number in the line... and I didnt follow through with it.
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    130/220 cardio, catching this up snowboarding tomorrow!
    120/90 strength
    5/5 punishment
    4/6 food I'm counting Sunday this week because my husband and I are going on a lunch date today so I'm going to enjoy it!

Got my punishment and strength done so if I can't move, I'm done :-)
  • strive4more11
    strive4more11 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    How are you liking the C210K program? I tried the C25K last year, but I don't know that I had the best phone app for it.

I have to say that I love the program, but the actual app is ugly as h*ll. It was free and originally had this funky kind lf retro wooden look to it. Now they've "updated" it and it looks like crap. Still, the running program is solid and one of the only ones I've found for free. It's called "Couch to 10k Workout" by ITGenerations inc. I have my iPhone propped up on my bottle holder of my treadmill when I run bc I watch Netflix on my iPad to pass the time. That way I can monitor my time but I don't use the music feature of the app. I always go to settings and turn that off. The new update added a lame funky music that is annoying. So, not exactly a stellar review, but I had goodresults with it the first time I used it two years ago.

Ok, glad it wasn't just my app! I will definitely look into that again... thanks!
  • SweetPea_7
    SweetPea_7 Posts: 249 Member
    Options

So here goes.... I think that this is something that even Courscate doesn't know about me...

haha... cant hide NOTHING form this girl. i did know that. <3

and i still think you should do the voice.
  • SweetPea_7
    Options
    My story:

I wasn't overweight until I got engaged in my early 20's. I didn't listen to myself telling me that marriage was a bad idea. Big mistake!! For the next decade I gained and gained, lost a little then gained it back. After my divorce I lost about 50lb and was feeling good. But when I couldn't seem to keep any friends or even start a relationship I fell into the habit of playing online games and pretty much stayed in my house for a couple years, gaining more weight. It didnt really bother me to much at first, I didnt have friends and the only people I know in the town I live in are the people I work with. :yawn:

But then one day I took a real hard look at myself and realized I didnt like what I was seeing. I was starting to look just like the majority of the women, and most of the men, in my family. They were all morbidly obese and had multiple health issues. I didnt like that. Couple that with the fact I was having migraines 4-6 times a WEEK and blew through 5 years of vacation and banked comp-time in 2 years taking over 100 sick days in a year, I decided it was time for a change. :frown:

Last year in January I restarted logging on MFP and I started the process of having Gastric Sleeve Surgery. I joined the first Zombie Challenge in February, got off the online games, had surgery in April and I have been non-stop ever since with exercise, eating what Im told I can eat and mostly just getting back the the happy me I used to be. People like Sara, our fearless captain and Cindy our challenge creator, have been great at helping me stay motivated, thats why you will see them yell at me once in awhile when I confess to being lazy. :flowerforyou: :heart:

A year after the start of my life changes, Im down 125lbs, so far, I have made some great new friends both in MFP and in person and my bosses say they haven't seen me this happy and productive in years. Im even going to try to do 2 5k's this year, just because I can. Who knows, I might even find a man willing to put up with me. (or me willing to put up with him) :heart: :bigsmile:

I didn't do this for anyone or anything, except for me. I think that's the most important reason anyone should ever embark on major life changes - it has to be for you first and foremost, otherwise how likely are you to stick with it?

just wanted to tell you how much i appreciate your story. <3 the first paragraph hit home.

and you are right. we DO do this for ourselves and no one else. but the supporters around you help make you stronger in that element.

Glad to call you a friend.
  • SweetPea_7
    Options
    updated numbers

M: 30 cardio
    T: 60 strength/60 cardio
    W: 95 cardio
    Th: tabattas = 60c
    ^^planned for tonight... but they changed the format to a 'bring your kid to crossfit'... sooo it may be a weeny workout, in which case i might do my lift after.

60 st/180cardio

3 - 5min sits. i havent included them in ^ these numbers cuz i do it randomly at home, when i can.

Estimated:
    Fri: WOD challenge/yoga? = 60+c
    Sat: lift/ row? = 60st/?c

est total: 120st/300c whoa.
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Latest numbers:

Monday: Snowed in...had to shovel our way out, but no formal exercise.
    Tuesday: 15 cardio; 45 strength
    Wednesday: 45 cardio; yoga video (20 min)
    Thursday: 15 cardio, 45 strength
    Friday:
    Saturday:

Cardio: 70/220
    Strength: 110/90

Punishment: M/T/W/Th
    Food: 4/6
  • Zombieinkpot
    Zombieinkpot Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Hi Carols, just popped in to read your stories. Wow! Thank you so much for sharing. It is so interesting to see where everyone has come from and so inspiration to see how you are all doing!

Keep up the good work.:flowerforyou:
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    My story:

((((hugs))))!!!! I'm so proud of you!!! I agree with your last statement 100% The change starts with yourself. You have to love yourself before anyone else. You ROCK!!!
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    My personal bit.. This has been really hard and I have kept putting it off. I am struggling to narrow down something to tell. I feel all at the same time that I have too many bits of info and none at all.

I dont have a dramatic weight loss epiphany (especially since I havent lost any - maybe my epiphany is still to come).

I have funny, crazy, tragic, and scary tales of things that have happened (travel, hostage situations, crazy accidents, strange surgeries). But none of that really seems to meet the point of the assignment.

I only really "know" one other person in the this group so really i could say ANYTHING.

I have a dream of singing on a big stage. I have sung my whole life, in choirs, in musicals. I have never been the "front man". I had never sung a solo until about 2 years ago. I have been told that I have a strong voice when I am in my range, but I struggle to expand on it. I get very nervous when I sing solo and become completely incapable of "performing". It isnt just about standing there in singing, but being able to look comfortable, move naturally, and not pass out from the panic! Two years ago, I toyed with the idea of auditioning for "The Voice" (at the encouragement of my choir leader). I had a song prepared, I had a number in the line... and I didnt follow through with it.

You can and should do it. Thanks for sharing.
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    Hi Carols, just popped in to read your stories. Wow! Thank you so much for sharing. It is so interesting to see where everyone has come from and so inspiration to see how you are all doing!

Keep up the good work.:flowerforyou:

ditto
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    130/220 cardio, catching this up snowboarding tomorrow!
    120/90 strength
    5/5 punishment
    4/6 food I'm counting Sunday this week because my husband and I are going on a lunch date today so I'm going to enjoy it!

Got my punishment and strength done so if I can't move, I'm done :-)

Enjoy your day off!