strive4more11 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Update:

Cardio: 180/220 <-- goal is over 450
    Strength: 65/90 <-- hoping to get around 200
    Food: 2/6
    Weight loss for challenge: 4.8/15
    Punishment: 2/5 <-- goal is to get in 10 5 min sessions

It got a lot colder than I expected here and the weather isn't supposed to let up for awhile :sad: Can it just be Spring yet?! I am going to fight the cold to hopefully get a 45 min walk in today right after work. I have a visitation to attend tonight that is about 2 hours away so I won't have a lot of time when I get back from that. I'm not driving out there so maybe I will bring my weights and do arm exercises in the car. :tongue:

These wall squats/ sits are going to be the death of me!

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • strive4more11
    Options
    Yes. It doesn't have to be REALLY personal, :laugh: just a short essay about why started your fitness journey or a short auto biography, just something you want to share that no one knows about you yet.

Something about me is that we just had to move to Canada bc of my husband's job this past autumn. I have had to completely revamp a lot of of food choices because so many of the things I used to eat are not available here. I had my fourth abdominal surgery last summer, so between physically recovering from that, new foods, and a new birth control pill (bc I can't get my US Rx filled here) I am a hot mess. I haven't gained weight in over three years, and now I am struggling not to gain weekly. Joining this fitness challenge was meant to encourage me to get back to a regular exercise schedule. I am trying not to be hard on myself, and last week I restarted my C210K program. I am hoping to see some results soon because I am very discouraged.

I can't imagine moving across the country, let alone to a new one! Getting into a new rythm can definitely be difficult. How are you liking the C210K program? I tried the C25K last year, but I don't know that I had the best phone app for it.
  • FunkyGranolaTree
    FunkyGranolaTree Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Yes. It doesn't have to be REALLY personal, :laugh: just a short essay about why started your fitness journey or a short auto biography, just something you want to share that no one knows about you yet.

Something about me is that we just had to move to Canada bc of my husband's job this past autumn. I have had to completely revamp a lot of of food choices because so many of the things I used to eat are not available here. I had my fourth abdominal surgery last summer, so between physically recovering from that, new foods, and a new birth control pill (bc I can't get my US Rx filled here) I am a hot mess. I haven't gained weight in over three years, and now I am struggling not to gain weekly. Joining this fitness challenge was meant to encourage me to get back to a regular exercise schedule. I am trying not to be hard on myself, and last week I restarted my C210K program. I am hoping to see some results soon because I am very discouraged.

WoW! That is a lot of "stuff" to be carrying around with you! I am happy that you are here. I hope that you are getting some encouragement.. If not.. let us know!!
  • SweetPea_7
    SweetPea_7 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    the plan is 3 lifts this week, considering i missed this morning, it will be Tues/Thurs/Sat... and on those SAME days, we have Tabattas. so those will be my 60st/60cardio days (180/180)

as for tonight/wed/friday... im feeling the urge to do some complexes. i ran across my old lifting notebook and found some of my 'finisher' post its... i think its time to break them out and put them to work. Ill aim for min 30 min (60 if i can) cardio each of those days (90).

OH and we cant forget swim with G :glasses: .. thats 30 min Mon/Wed (60)

that puts me at 180 strength/ 330 cardio goal. *fingers crossed*

M: 30 cardio
    T: 60 strength/60 cardio
    W: 95 cardio

60 st/180cardio
    3-5min sits. i havent included them in ^ these numbers cuz i do it randomly at home, when i can.

Estimated:
    Th: lift/tabattas = 60s/60c
    Fri: WOD challenge/yoga? = 60c
    Sat: lift/ row? = 60st/?c

est total: 180st/300c whoa.
  • FunkyGranolaTree
    Options

This is because you are an awesome beast!!! :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options

This is because you are an awesome beast!!! :flowerforyou: :heart:

I second this!!!
  • SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    Coruscate and HajentKatt: Thanks for sharing your stories. They are both very touching and I will try to encourage you both as much as I can!

BTW, what do your screen names mean? In fact, I'm curious about all of your names.

I did 3 fitnessblender yoga workouts back to back(about 45 mins total) and found them to be very relaxing and somewhat challenging on some poses. You can find them on Fitnessblender.com If I get a chance later, I will post the link.

It's Wed already and we are again at the mid week of the challenge! How are those wall sits/ squat walls doing? (I'm doing wall sits)

Looking forward to hearing about the rest of you. We should just copy and paste our stories with a motivational pic onto that motivational group so we can get our extra 2 points on week 9.

Have a great day everyone!
  • sawjan
    sawjan Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Day 3 Wednesday 2/26/14
    Format for the week:

Cardio: 247/220 (Aiming for the 400 club!)
    Strength: 90/110
    Martial Arts: 90/135 --> btw I am not counting that into the cardio, should I?????
    Average calorie intake: 3/6
    Weight loss for challenge: 5.2/9
    Punishment (current) = Wall Squats: 3/5 days

Last night, I earned my 1st brown belt in karate.... The next one is my BLACK BELT :happy:
  • strive4more11
    Options

Last night, I earned my 1st brown belt in karate.... The next one is my BLACK BELT :happy:

WOW! That's awesome!!
  • FunkyGranolaTree
    Options

WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker:
  • FunkyGranolaTree
    Options
    Had to share! (Sorry for the language)

cutting-grass.jpg
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options

Tinker - we need to connect. My boys are 3 and 4 and both Autistic. It is a daily battle. I am always amazed that even this young, when we are having an "episode" that either one of them can drop me to the floor in an instant! Keep up the hard work. Its a club I never would have asked to be a part of, but that i am terribly proud to be in now.

It's the dead weight thing, it always has an upper hand. My son has starting doing it off stairs. I'm really good at catching. I agree on the club thing. I couldn't imagine it different.
  • tinkermommc
    Options
    I always figured it was wild goats.

cutting-grass.jpg
  • FunkyGranolaTree
    Options
    Tinker- I like the way you think!!!! Zombie goats and sheep!!!

Why is it always stairs? Tha is where my boys always seem to get me off balance!! My little guys are built lik tanks!!! My 4year old is already 55lbs but with out an ounce of fat!!
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    Day 3 Wednesday 2/26/14
    Format for the week:

Cardio: 247/220 (Aiming for the 400 club!)
    Strength: 90/110
    Martial Arts: 90/135 --> btw I am not counting that into the cardio, should I?????
    Average calorie intake: 3/6
    Weight loss for challenge: 5.2/9
    Punishment (current) = Wall Squats: 3/5 days

Wow! That is super amazing! Yes, martial arts is part of cardio and should be included.
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options

cutting-grass.jpg

Good point! I love Captain Jean Luc Picard!!!
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Guys,
    I might need help with the wall sits this week. I need to break the 5 minutes up into multiple session but I can't seem to find the time to sit against the wall early enough in the day. I can't do it at work because I don't have an office per se with a door. I haven't gotten home any night this week before 9 pm with visiting the hospital. Often then I am starting my workout. <sigh>

I will do what I can and maybe it won't hurt so badly if I don't use the 5 pound weighted ball? I will give that a try also.
  • tinkermommc
    Options

I will do what I can and maybe it won't hurt so badly if I don't use the 5 pound weighted ball? I will give that a try also.

I used weights last week but this week, nope, no can do. I'm just glad I can make it through. I did 10 minutes worth yesterday so I could take time off later this week and I'm pretty sure I died for a moment at about minute 8 ;-)
  • strive4more11
    Options
    Agreed! These wall sits are killer!
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement ladies! I will try to kick my *kitten* in gear today to do some sitting against the wall. Maybe with my workout journal to get both my workout records up-to-date and my sitting time in.

As of yesterday (I generally weigh in Wednesdays and Saturday or Sunday), I am within a pound of my first goal weight. My husband wants to give me a present to celebrate my accomplishment. He's offering leather or jewelry. I have a lot of jewelry so I'm not sure I need anything as my bracelets, necklaces and such still fit with my weight loss. I do need to get the snuggy on my wedding set because it is getting very loose, but I don't want it re-sized as the extra space is good for an aspiring mom. I love this CA based leather place called Oberondesign dot com. The problem is that I like everything there (pretty much). I have been thinking about getting a ladies wallet, or a cell phone wallet, or maybe a writing portfolio - but which one? :laugh: If any of you ladies wants to peek at the site and offer suggestions, by all means. :happy:

My dad was transferred out of ICU yesterday. And I lost 2.5 pounds. Overall I can't really be complaining about life. :drinker:

I will do a response to what you all wrote sometime soon, but I have to run. My husband just called and told me the roads are bad :grumble: So I need to leave here ASAP.