Talking Dead: Team Carol

Options

Replies

• sawjan
    sawjan Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Day 6 Sat 2/22/14
    Format for the week:
    Cardio: 382/310 (+ extra for those needing it)
    Strength: 120/110 (+ adding additional for the donation)
    Martial Arts: 135/135
    Average calorie intake: 6/6
    Weight loss for challenge: 5.2/9
    Old Punishment = Burpees (still doing them, because I like them): 50/50
    Punishment (current) = Sally Down: 5/ 5 days
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    well guys my husband loved his party and was very surprised, which I was worried he figured it out, but I on the other hand was getting worse as the night was going on. i am not home with a fever :( so I'm not sure how I'll be this coming week. i'm just going to take it a day at a time and hope to get better fast. So I'll let you all know tomorrow evening, but I may need some help with this week on my work outs if anyone is willing or able to.. I'm off to bed now to hopeful feel better soon. take care all and I'll show pics of the hubby's cake tomorrow
  • FunkyGranolaTree
    FunkyGranolaTree Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Day 6 Sat 2/22/14
    Format for the week:
    Cardio: 325 - anyone who needs extra can have it
    Strength: 130/110 my extra 10 for the other team and an extra 10 for anyone who needs it here
    Average calorie intake: 6/6
    Punishment (current) = Sally Down: 7/5 ( 2 extra Sally's for distribution as needed)

Today was day 7 of intensive migraines. I finally went to the doctor today. They gave me a massive shot to try to calm the migraine and then a script to try to keep them from happening. I was told to lay low tomorrow (Sunday) and possibly Monday. I am supposed to watch for any additional symptoms and if they happen, I am to report to the ER immediately. UGH!!!

My training for my races is all messed up. I need to try and get back to my runs on Monday.

You all have done such an amazing job. I am humbled by all that you do for your health and fitness.

Keep up the amazing work Carols!!
  • SweetPea_7
    SweetPea_7 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    i think it motivated a lot of us to get off the couch :)

I know I was sitting on mine, thinking...wow 300 minutes is a lot. There's a lot of reasons that I can't do that...my knees will be sore, the gym is always crowded on Saturdays, and I have chores to do....and then I stopped and slapped myself. That's the kind of thinking that made me overweight in the first place! So, yeah...I'm in for 300

this i why i need to make it a daily habit of checking this thread. i missed this motivation! sadly, motivation wasnt all that was against me this week.

starting tomorrow, im back in the game!
  • SweetPea_7
    Options
    Cardio: 175/220
    Strength: 60/100
    Sallys: 5/5 days
    Food: 0/6 days

im saying 0/6 for food, since i didnt log any day but sunday. i can almost guarentee i was under all the days, cuz i had very little appetite as the week went on, and due to little time for food planning, it meant i really had no bad foods or too much food to chow on.

does ^^that even count?

sorry guys. i HATE that im killing the perfect score cuz of the food stuff. im logging tomorrow. gorceries bought today, so i have lots of good stuff for the week, and sundays are my food prep days.
  • SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    Coruscate: We are here to motivate you! No worries with a not so perfect score. Your team has you with Cardio/Strength and look what you were able to do!

Skittles: We can help you next week too! You have helped so much already! Club 600 baby!!!

Bebubble: 400 club!!!! Sa weet!

Funky: I really hope you get this migraine thing figured out. Let us know if you need help this week. Sorry! Plus you made club 300! wow!

HajenKatt: you rock! 300 club! woot woot!

Janice: You are awesome!!! You are right on track as usual plus you made the 300 cardio club

Simbersea: Congrats on making the 300 club! See what you can make yourself do?

Just missing 2 peoples stats and here are mine

Cardio: 494/220
    Strength: 127/90(donated 10)
    Sallys: 7/5
    Food:6/6(almost didn't make it)
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    My final totals for this week :drinker:

Cardio: 231.5/ 220
    Strength: 117.5/90 (+ 10 minutes for my donation that is not counted in my totals)
    Sally :devil: : 5/5

Sorry, I don't have extra to donate, but I came home from my errands to a power outage. So I did 45 minutes at the gym until my husband (who was starving) insisted it was time for dinner. I did a little more strength training when I got home so I'm just a little shy of 30 minutes over. I could do more tomorrow, but I think we can only count 6 days :sad:

BTW:
    Food: 6/6 -- Really, isn't this assumed with all the exercise we are doing? :laugh:

Ya no kidding! Awesome job this week!
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    300 club too!!

310/200 minutes cardio
    110/100 minutes Strength
    5/5 punishment 3 with weights.
    6/6 food

We all really are Carols! Team players and none of us want to let the team down! Sounds about right!

OASN. I was rewatching reruns today-yes I have a problem- And I realized the Governor's Disney character would be Gaston.
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    100% Check in!!!

congrats on the 300 club Tinker!!!

Wow! We are truly Carols alright!

It's going to be really hard to pick an MVP this week.
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    100% Check in!!!

I nominate funkygranola - she went over with everything and with a raging migraine. I am not sure I would have made it out of bed for the week. Hats off to Funky! :drinker: :drinker:
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    Thats true! This whole team is full of amazing people but I actually chose TJ this week and this is why.

She did 20 bring em up Sally's and some in 3 inch heels! Now that and making the 300 club could not be overlooked. Those babies are hard!!!

Funky for sure gets an honorable mention and you do as well Kim cause you are pushing yourself with your fathers illness.

Like I said, it was really hard to choose this week. Please keep it up ladies cause you are worth it!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    For anyone who is looking to contribute a fitspo, the thread is now in part 4. Remember you don't have to do it until week 9, but you can do it any time before then and those bonus points (2) will be counted towards you and your team's totals in week 9. Here is the new thread:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1198808-mfp-fitspiration
  • FunkyGranolaTree
    Options
    Thanks guys. But I am glad that TJ got MVP!!! Congrats! I, in no way deserve MVP lol. Everyone here works so darn hard!! I am so proud of this team!!!

I am trying to enjoy the doctor imposed rest day (even though I am home alone with a 3 and a 4 year old). Getting a lot of crochet and tv watching done.

Looking forward to hopefully feeling better tomorrow and hitting it hard!!
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    100% Check in!!!

Soooooo....400 club this week?

Remember if anyone was short on Sally's I have plenty to spare.
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    well I'm still sick, I am living off soup and apple juice and water. I am hope tomorrow I can maybe go for a walk, but I don't want to push it. and I don't think I'll make it to my zumba or body pump classes tomorrow evening. Man being sick just stinks. but just look out when I'm all better haha

Who is ready for walking dead tonight? I know I am. I can't wait to see how many kills Carol will get :)
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    Well, interesting episode. Michonne let her guard down a bit and let Carl in. Just when things start feeling safe and homey, new thugs appear and it's time to move on to the land beyond the tracks.

I have to think about this weeks challenge. I think I will post it in the AM. Night all!
  • strive4more11
    strive4more11 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I feel so behind since I was away from a computer all weekend! Just an update on me, I failed the 300 club last week but am pumped for 400 club this week! I got 40 min of my strength in already this morning and did a little 10 min dance around the house :laugh: I plan on taking Murphy for a 2 hour walk today if my poor body can handle the cold! My plan is to wake up an hour early every day this week to get my butt into gear!

Skittles- I hope you feel better soon!

TJ- Nicely done this week... you rock!

Sara- Can't wait to see what you come up with this week!
  • FunkyGranolaTree
    Options
    Was supposed to get up at 4 and go for an hour run.... Woke up and the migraine was back 110%

New plan... Get an hour of cardio in tonight!!!
  • SweetPea_7
    Options
    i missed the bar on the 300 club last week. so.. im thinking '400 club' will be tricky... so im aiming for the 300's. just to make up for my 'lacky' last week. :tongue:

the plan is 3 lifts this week, considering i missed this morning, it will be Tues/Thurs/Sat... and on those SAME days, we have Tabattas. so those will be my 60st/60cardio days (180/180)

as for tonight/wed/friday... im feeling the urge to do some complexes. i ran across my old lifting notebook and found some of my 'finisher' post its... i think its time to break them out and put them to work. Ill aim for min 30 min (60 if i can) cardio each of those days (90).

OH and we cant forget swim with G :glasses: .. thats 30 min Mon/Wed (60)

that puts me at 180 strength/ 330 cardio goal. *fingers crossed*
  • SweetPea_7
    Options
    OOOH and i cant forget to mention the episode last night! bummer no carol again. but damn there was some 'edge of your seat' moments.

i was wondering if there is going to be a new group created for the new guys... since they blasted the majority of the walkers last night. :drinker: