Talking Dead: Team Carol

Options

Replies

• SweetPea_7
    SweetPea_7 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    NSV - I went for a physical this morning and the Dr. is super pleased with my progress. The only thing she wants me to do differently is limit my coffee more :grumble: and avoid alcohol completely. We are trying to conceive so these two things are considered wise things to do. Since I hardly drink this is not an issue, but I'm not that impressed with the coffee restrictions. I guess more herbal tea is in my future. At least I can count it as "water" :laugh: In other good news, the scale weighs me heavier here than at the Drs office! :drinker:

Awesome Job at the Dr!!! Dont you just hate it when they tell you to cut down on coffee - its diabolical!!. You are lucky that you can count it as water though. I cant, if it has caffeine in it it doesnt count according to my nutritionist. Thats why I end up short sometimes cause I dont stop drinking coffee until lunch time. It really cuts into the hours I have to get in all my water, but I AM NOT GIVING IT UP!!!

Coffee=Life
    Without Coffee=Life, without the possibility of parole

awesome job on the NSV... dr apt are always good when you arent 'afraid' to go.

and the coffee thing... thats hilarious!
  • SweetPea_7
    SweetPea_7 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    i need to say thanks ahead of time for the extra help this week. i went on vacation and came back a bit of an emotional mess. and about the time my motivation started coming back, my son decided he needed a couple more teeth. I was able to get in a swim earlier in the week (that i forgot about in my original post) plus my tabattas class last night.

so far this is where im at:

Cardio: 115/210
    Strength: 0/100
    Average calorie intake: 0/6
    Punishment (current) = Sally Down: 2/ 5 days

i am planning to lift tomorrow morning (first in a week, ouch) so that will be a for sure 60min (and i'll finish up those sally's too)
    If i can pull off some yoga during the day on saturday, or even tonight, that would give me another 60 in cardio.

sooo.. that would put me at:
    Cardio: 175/210
    Strength: 60/100

ill do what i can to push for a bunch on saturday... but ^these are the best bet for my final numbers.

thanks again. I WILL do better next week. and do extra so i can give back.
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Corsucate: I have finished my strength for the week - and I have an extra 50 minutes. You can have those...

I should have some extra cardio too. I wanna join the 300+ this week club :)
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    We are a club now? Fantastic!!

I just thought it was Sarah's way of kicking me in the backside to get me off the couch.
  • simbersea
    Options
    i think it motivated a lot of us to get off the couch :)

I know I was sitting on mine, thinking...wow 300 minutes is a lot. There's a lot of reasons that I can't do that...my knees will be sore, the gym is always crowded on Saturdays, and I have chores to do....and then I stopped and slapped myself. That's the kind of thinking that made me overweight in the first place! So, yeah...I'm in for 300
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    NSV - I went for a physical this morning and the Dr. is super pleased with my progress. The only thing she wants me to do differently is limit my coffee more :grumble: and avoid alcohol completely. We are trying to conceive so these two things are considered wise things to do. Since I hardly drink this is not an issue, but I'm not that impressed with the coffee restrictions. I guess more herbal tea is in my future. At least I can count it as "water" :laugh: In other good news, the scale weighs me heavier here than at the Drs office! :drinker:

Awesome Job at the Dr!!! Dont you just hate it when they tell you to cut down on coffee - its diabolical!!. You are lucky that you can count it as water though. I cant, if it has caffeine in it it doesnt count according to my nutritionist. Thats why I end up short sometimes cause I dont stop drinking coffee until lunch time. It really cuts into the hours I have to get in all my water, but I AM NOT GIVING IT UP!!!

Coffee=Life

Funny my Doctor told me to drink coffee! LOL! But I am thinking maybe you can get too much of a good thing!
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Checking In with my current totals:
    Sunday: 75 cardio
    Monday: 50 cardio
    Tuesday: 0 FLEW but did Sally squats
    Wednesday: 95 cardio + 60 strength train, and squats
    Thursday: 47 cardio + 45 strength train., and squats
    Friday: 140 cardio + 38 strength train., and squats
    Saturday:
    407/220 cardio (have extra for anyone!)
    143/100 strength (have extra for anyone!)
    4/5 sally squats = 30 squats for each day and (30 more each day for anyone!)
    Food/Calories = UNDER
    No Burpees!
    As Cindyinpg suggested - can't access the video, it is 4 minutes of regular squats, but holding in the squat position for a full 3 seconds before rising and squatting again. Which I did this as I can not stand the song in the video.

Saturday will bring more squats, strength and cardio!

We are awesome Carols, People!
    Oh and I am a fitbit user. Anyone know how to add a friend?
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    My final totals for this week :drinker:

Cardio: 231.5/ 220
    Strength: 117.5/90 (+ 10 minutes for my donation that is not counted in my totals)
    Sally :devil: : 5/5

Sorry, I don't have extra to donate, but I came home from my errands to a power outage. So I did 45 minutes at the gym until my husband (who was starving) insisted it was time for dinner. I did a little more strength training when I got home so I'm just a little shy of 30 minutes over. I could do more tomorrow, but I think we can only count 6 days :sad:
  • sawjan
    sawjan Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Day 5 Fri 2/21/14
    Format for the week:
    Cardio: 262/310 (+ extra for those needing it)
    Strength: 120/110 (+ adding additional for the donation)
    Martial Arts: 135/135
    Average calorie intake: 5/6
    Weight loss for challenge: 0.2/9
    Old Punishment = Burpees (still doing them, because I like them): 50/50
    Punishment (current) = Sally Down: 5/ 5 days
  • SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    Awe, more 300plus club! I'm going to get over 400 too I think! dum dum dummm!!! I did an extra Sally too and maybe I will do a couple more tomorrow. We will get you covered coruscate!!!

Let's finish our best tomorrow guys. I will be gone during the day to fulfill my pasta business requirements but I will be in to check on you in the evening.
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options

Coffee=Life

Funny my Doctor told me to drink coffee! LOL! But I am thinking maybe you can get too much of a good thing!

The OB doc that I work for recommends 2-4 cups of coffee a day for heart health. It's the latest research.
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    i think it motivated a lot of us to get off the couch :)

I know I was sitting on mine, thinking...wow 300 minutes is a lot. There's a lot of reasons that I can't do that...my knees will be sore, the gym is always crowded on Saturdays, and I have chores to do....and then I stopped and slapped myself. That's the kind of thinking that made me overweight in the first place! So, yeah...I'm in for 300

Rock on!
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    Morning Team -

I confess to starting the week out great, but I have lost all motivation to do anything. HELP!!!!
    What motivates me is remembering I have to do a fitspo in another 6 weeks. :wink:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1186955-early-bird-challenge-week-4-of-4

I have to admit, I didn't check this link out until this AM. In the early bird challenge it says that if you post on this board, you get a bonus 2 points at the end of the challenge!
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    So I am sick :( I was coughing on thursday night and just thinking it was from being around my mom all day and her smoking. and yesterday my throat was hurting a bit but last night it really took me down.all night I was up coughing :( No Zumba for me today and its my husbands surprise birthday party so I'm hoping things get better for me. I'm going to add everything Up because I won't be around much of all today so I'm adding my sunday's work out and not using anything today because of being sick and not doing anything

Cardo 640/220
    Strength: 145/110
    calorie intake: 6/6
    Punishment = Sally Down: 6/ 5 days ( I did two one day)
  • kawookie
    Options

Coffee=Life

The OB doc that I work for recommends 2-4 cups of coffee a day for heart health. It's the latest research.

I :heart: you guys. I can totally live on 2-4 cups of coffee a day. :love: I try to limit myself to 2, 16 oz mugs a day anyway. The wine restriction is a non-issue as I think I drink maybe 2 glasses of wine a month. I like it; I just hardly ever think to open a bottle unless someone else offers it to me.

BTW Sara - tea = herbal tea which has no caffeine because I wouldn't be doing caffeine much (other than coffee and a little chocolate) if I get preggers. Here's to hoping it happens soon :drinker:
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    You are doing awesome Kim!

Skittles, you are golden this week as usual. My knee is bothering me today. I think I tweaked it a bit doing zumba and thought just walking and squatting it out would help. It needs a rest day but I think I will kick out another Sally or two just in case we are short.

Don't forget to turn in your stats today by midnight CST!

Cardio:x/220 with optional 45 mins of combat training
    Strength:x/100...10 min donation with arms
    Sallys:x/5 days
    Food:x/6 days

Let's get another perfect score!
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    So I am sick :( I was coughing on thursday night and just thinking it was from being around my mom all day and her smoking. and yesterday my throat was hurting a bit but last night it really took me down.all night I was up coughing :( No Zumba for me today and its my husbands surprise birthday party so I'm hoping things get better for me. I'm going to add everything Up because I won't be around much of all today so I'm adding my sunday's work out and not using anything today because of being sick and not doing anything

Cardo 640/220
    Strength: 145/110
    calorie intake: 6/6
    Punishment = Sally Down: 6/ 5 days ( I did two one day)

get better! Enjoy the party!
  • kawookie
    Options
    My final totals for this week :drinker:

Cardio: 231.5/ 220
    Strength: 117.5/90 (+ 10 minutes for my donation that is not counted in my totals)
    Sally :devil: : 5/5

Sorry, I don't have extra to donate, but I came home from my errands to a power outage. So I did 45 minutes at the gym until my husband (who was starving) insisted it was time for dinner. I did a little more strength training when I got home so I'm just a little shy of 30 minutes over. I could do more tomorrow, but I think we can only count 6 days :sad:

BTW:
    Food: 6/6 -- Really, isn't this assumed with all the exercise we are doing? :laugh:
  • simbersea
    Options
    Weekly totals:

Cardio: 309/220 (extra can be donated to whatever team member needs it)
    Strength: 150/100 (10 donated to other team)(extra donated to corsucate)
    Food within goals: 6/6
    Punishment: 5/5 Sally squats
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Here are my totals for the week:

Cardio: 327/220 (includes combat training)
    Strength: 115 minutes
    Old Punishment, Burpees: 150 (not included in strength)
    Bring Sally Up Squat Challenge Punishment: 8/5
    Food: 6/6

Go Team Carol!!! We're back in action and kicking butt!!