Talking Dead: Team Carol

Options

Replies

• sawjan
    sawjan Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    jchrisman717 - I had "adopted" you. Did you get the message on your team thread?
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    jchrisman717 - I had "adopted" you. Did you get the message on your team thread?

I did not - been looking over the boards rather quick today trying to get back in the loop - thank you!
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Since there are only 2 members of Tyrese's team that can adopt our members, I will try to get Mika and Lizzie members to do some adopting. I think 3 still havent picked anyone.

If you havent been adopted yet, let me know, or go to their board and ask "pretty pretty please will the crazy girl please adopt me (and not kill me in my sleep)"

I don't think I've been adopted, but no worries if everyone has an adoptee already. It is better to give than receive after all. :drinker:
  • SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    I don't care about being adopted either. LOL!

Bebubble, Coruscate and Funky...please read week 3 in the Walking dead Carol thread. It explains what we are doing. Basically you are doing 10 extra mins of arm strength and donated it to either team Tyreese/Sasha or Mika/Lizzie. In return they have a similar challenge that does the same.

Funky and Coruscate...if you need help this week, speak up or message me and I'm sure the team and pull together for you.

We also have a punishment listed at the bottom of Walking Dead Carol feed. It's basically 5 days of 4 mins of squats. (or 30 total with holds in between)..

That sum it up??? lol

100 mins of strength this week donated 10, so really the same 90 mins. The sally squats I think are on top of the regular strength. So that's 16 extra mins...so um 116 mins of strength. Or do they count as strength? Anyone?
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    sorry guys I haven't posted just been busy and I am about to go to zumba, and after I'm going to walk 3 miles as well as do another set of bring sally up. so I'll post more after all that

enjoy the night
  • sawjan
    Options
    Format for the week:
    Cardio: 102/310 (+ extra for those needing it)
    Strength: 65/110 (+ adding additional for the donation)
    Martial Arts: 45/135
    Average calorie intake: 2/6
    Weight loss for challenge: 0.2/9
    Old Punishment = Burpees (still doing them, because I like them): 30/50
    Punishment (current) = Sally Down: 2/ 5 days
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,899 Member
    Options
    Format for the week:
    Cardio: 102/310 (+ extra for those needing it)
    Strength: 65/110 (+ adding additional for the donation)
    Martial Arts: 45/135
    Average calorie intake: 2/6
    Old Punishment = Burpees (still doing them, because I like them): 30/50
    Punishment (current) = Sally Down: 2/ 5 days

She likes burpees! :drinker:

Shelley
  • strive4more11
    strive4more11 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Seems like a lot of peple are having a rough week! Let me know if you all need extra help, I have Friday and Saturday off work this week so I am hoping to get a lot of workouts in especially if its nice outside! I got 2 sets of the squats done and will probably do at least 2 more sets tonight at work. I love challenges that I can do at work :drinker: helps me get more done!

I got an hour long walk in again today with Murphy and was able to jog for a couple mins in there too :blushing:
  • SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    Janice, looks like your week is going well. Lara, it's good you are stepping it up a notch.

You inspired me to try zumba Skittles. It was from a youtube video and it was pretty fun. I may do it again sometime.

We are at the half way mark this week already. Getting those squats and arms done?
  • FunkyGranolaTree
    FunkyGranolaTree Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Since there are only 2 members of Tyrese's team that can adopt our members, I will try to get Mika and Lizzie members to do some adopting. I think 3 still havent picked anyone.

If you havent been adopted yet, let me know, or go to their board and ask "pretty pretty please will the crazy girl please adopt me (and not kill me in my sleep)"

I don't think I've been adopted, but no worries if everyone has an adoptee already. It is better to give than receive after all. :drinker:

Kawooke - I can adopt you. What team are you on ?
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    Janice, looks like your week is going well. Lara, it's good you are stepping it up a notch.

You inspired me to try zumba Skittles. It was from a youtube video and it was pretty fun. I may do it again sometime.

We are at the half way mark this week already. Getting those squats and arms done?

I love zumba and I'm glad you like it, Not everyone gets into it and you have to learn to laugh because your not always going to do the same moves as others. I haven't really found a great video on youtube I really like, but I go to classes 4 days a week. I have one tonight :)

oh and Bring Sally up sucks lol just adding this haha
  • kawookie
    Options

Kawooke - I can adopt you. What team are you on ?

LOL - yours! The crazy girls are supposed be adopting people too. I don't mind doing 100 strength minutes. Does anyone know if the squats are also extra or can they be included in the 100 minutes?
  • kawookie
    Options
    Dang it - I swear that Sally song gets longer every time I do it. I am not sure if the up is more painful or the holding is more painful. Either way I collapse after it unable to walk for a few minutes until my muscles stop quaking.

Someone tell me how cute my butt is going to be or something because I'm not sure what is worth this agony. :sad:
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I'm doing good this week! Lungs are healing up. I've got 110 minutes of cardio and 50 mins strength down. And 3 days of the punishment challenge. I got cocky after day one and did day 2 with a 15 lb medicine ball, I feel thoroughly punished. Today I did it with no weights so tomorrow I may do it but with hand weights to get some of those extra arm minutes in.
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I don't care about being adopted either. LOL!

Bebubble, Coruscate and Funky...please read week 3 in the Walking dead Carol thread. It explains what we are doing. Basically you are doing 10 extra mins of arm strength and donated it to either team Tyreese/Sasha or Mika/Lizzie. In return they have a similar challenge that does the same.

Funky and Coruscate...if you need help this week, speak up or message me and I'm sure the team and pull together for you.

We also have a punishment listed at the bottom of Walking Dead Carol feed. It's basically 5 days of 4 mins of squats. (or 30 total with holds in between)..

That sum it up??? lol

100 mins of strength this week donated 10, so really the same 90 mins. The sally squats I think are on top of the regular strength. So that's 16 extra mins...so um 116 mins of strength. Or do they count as strength? Anyone?

I got it! Thanks!
    I sent a message and posted on Mika/Lizzie page my adopted team player. Georgielee37 giving her 10 minutes of arm strength. I picked Georgielee37, because she is starting a new job and that is real hard to do and have time to exercise!
    BeBubble from GO Team Carol!
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Okay now this is embarrassing :blushing: ! Georgielee37 told me Sara adopted her. I do not know who has or hasn't been adopted and I can not find a list. So now what? Anyone have a idea? Cause I do!!! :devil:
  • sawjan
    Options
    Day 3 Wed 2/19/14
    Format for the week:
    Cardio: 162/310 (+ extra for those needing it)
    Strength: 85/110 (+ adding additional for the donation)
    Martial Arts: 90/135
    Average calorie intake: 3/6
    Old Punishment = Burpees (still doing them, because I like them): 50/50
    Punishment (current) = Sally Down: 3/ 5 days
  • Skittles2183
    Options
    had a down day in the beginning but it picked up when i was doing zumba and I went for a nice walk. I did 26110 steps on my fitbit today. woo hoo to me.and I did my 30DS

How is everyone doing?

the bring sally up song I was looking into it and its says by Moby and some lyrics says bring sally up and others I have found is green sally up also something I found ( don't know how true it is) :huh:

It's rooted in an old slave song, "Green Sally Up" that was used to entertain young African-American children. The lyrics were, properly, "Green Sally up, Green Sally down, last one squat gotta tear the ground". It was accompanied by a dance, where "green Sally" referred to the little girls, and they'd have to jump and then squat in rhythm to the song. "last one squat gotta tear the ground", is similar to the "last one there is a rotten egg" sort of insult, implying the last one to squat had to help the adults in the field, although it wasn't a serious threat.
    "Old miss Lucy's dead and gone, left me here to weep alone" means the slave owner is dead, and in the original song it's followed by "If you hate it fold your arms, if you love it clap your hands" which meant that, people who clapped along to the rhythmic beat of the song were glad that Old Miss Lucy's dead, and the ones who didn't were showing a measure of respect for her.
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,899 Member
    Options
    Dang it - I swear that Sally song gets longer every time I do it. I am not sure if the up is more painful or the holding is more painful. Either way I collapse after it unable to walk for a few minutes until my muscles stop quaking.

Someone tell me how cute my butt is going to be or something because I'm not sure what is worth this agony. :sad:

That is one fine looking butt you are sculpting there. And let's not forget about the top of your legs. There is a blonde gal that does it on YouTube also. I like hers better. Mainly because she can giggle at herself, has the butt you are going for and adds something to it. Try hers. She is wearing black shorts and a navy top.

Shelley
  • kawookie
    Options
    Random idea: I see a lot of people in this challenge have fitbits. Would there be interest in creating a group on Fitbit to urge each other on? It might be another thing to keep us all active?

@zumbaforever - I think I might need to look that up because I am getting annoyed with this guy who puts me in such pain. Maybe more personality from the demonstrator would make the experience go by quicker?