Talking Dead: Team Carol

Options

Replies

• strive4more11
    strive4more11 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Speaking of the Fitbit... tell me your honest opinion. I have been thinking about getting one, but am a little on the fence. I have a Polar FT4 but the battery went out so now I am a little lost on my calorie counting for workouts and have just been using MFP, which I know is way off so I don't eat back calories.

Also, with the migraine I had, I failed yesterday. Didn't do anything :cry: But I am feeling better now and am hoping to get at least 3 Sally Ups done tonight at work. 3 more days to get everything in!
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    Morning Team -

I confess to starting the week out great, but I have lost all motivation to do anything. HELP!!!!
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    About the fitbit -- I have a flex and I LOVE it. It has helped me to see how inactive I was and shooting to get those steps in has been very motivating. Also, I link mine to MFP for my diary and have it set to a deficit and it has really helped me be more faithful in logging my food because I want to see those totals be accurate. That being said - be aware that a fitbit is not an HRM. It will not give you as accurate of a calorie burn during certain exercise so I see a lot of people wear both. I personally find that too confusing and so I just wear my fitbit 24/7 and shoot to hit my calorie goal as its set on fitbit's deficit and let it be what it is. Its working - I'm finally see weight loss after about a year.
  • SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    Bebubble, I think everyone was adopted. There was no specific list to go by. You can donate to your own team if you like.

Skittles, that is really amazing where that song came from. I was wondering myself and it did sound a bit like a slave song. Some of those songs are great for working/working out.

I have a fitbit coming today I think. I will let you know what I think of it.

TJ! You promised tons of Sallys and you better do it or I'm going to think you're a whimp! Big talker!(motivated?)

I got a message from a team mate saying she is down on cardio and may need donations...anyone up for it? I will see what I can do.

Let's go Carols!!!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Morning Team -

I confess to starting the week out great, but I have lost all motivation to do anything. HELP!!!!
    What motivates me is remembering I have to do a fitspo in another 6 weeks. :wink:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1186955-early-bird-challenge-week-4-of-4
  • tj1376
    Options
    TJ! You promised tons of Sallys and you better do it or I'm going to think you're a whimp! Big talker!(motivated?)

I got a message from a team mate saying she is down on cardio and may need donations...anyone up for it? I will see what I can do.

DAMMIT SARAH!!!!! Yeah, actually that worked. lol I will get on those first thing tonight. And I will try to get a lot of extra cardio in too. I only have 120 min so far, but I have over 115 strength already. I will make the rest of the week all about cardio (except the monster number of Sally's I promised)
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    Yes, I think we have 2 members having a hard time. Just to inspire you, I will throw a few extra Sallys in too.

I'm full on strength this week too, so bring on the cardio. Let's try and break 300...you with me???
  • tj1376
    Options
    Yes, I think we have 2 members having a hard time. Just to inspire you, I will throw a few extra Sallys in too.

I'm full on strength this week too, so bring on the cardio. Let's try and break 300...you with me???

YOU ARE ON SISTER!!!! CARDIO - HIGHER THAN 300
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    Morning Team -

What motivates me is remembering I have to do a fitspo in another 6 weeks. :wink:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1186955-early-bird-challenge-week-4-of-4

Another update? I just finally had a chance to check this out. I still don't know how to post pics.
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options

YOU ARE ON SISTER!!!! CARDIO - HIGHER THAN 300

That's what I'm talking about!
  • strive4more11
    strive4more11 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Sign me up for over 300 cardio as well! I already got all my Sally's done for the week but I will get more done tonight at work.

Thanks for the info on the Fitbit! And anyone else who has input, please let me know :happy:
  • tj1376
    Options
    Well Sarah, I did another 4 sets of Sallys and an hour of cardio last night. I should be well on my way by turn in tomorrow of having over 300 cardio and at least 20 sets of sally's.

My backside thanks you for the motivation :smooched: and hates you for the pain. :grumble:
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    hey guys how is everyone? sorry I was MIA yesterday I was with my mom form 10 am till 10 pm doing shopping and other things, I am having a surprise birthday party for my husband this Sat, he tunes 30 so I was busy, and I feel like I cheated on my work outs because I didn't do anything but the sally's. but I know I need a rest day so yesterday was it. an today I'm going to kill my work outs.

a site note I also love my fitbit I got it last week but its amazing. if anyone wants to add me here ya go

www.fitbit.com/user/2D6C87
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    Well Sarah, I did another 4 sets of Sallys and an hour of cardio last night. I should be well on my way by turn in tomorrow of having over 300 cardio and at least 20 sets of sally's.

My backside thanks you for the motivation :smooched: and hates you for the pain. :grumble:

Dang! You are going to have thighs of steel when your're done. I haven't added up my cardio yet but I have a half day today again so I'm making it a cardio fest. Plus I am breaking in the fitbit and seeing how it measures my activity. Lara, welcome to our mini challenge! ha ha haaaaa!!!!!

Skittles, running around for 12 hours probably has some cardio in there. I don't think you should feel bad at all.

I'm not sure how to set a deficit for my fitbit but I'm just going to keep the settings I have now and just see how it goes. I will add you Skittles as a pal as soon as I figure out how to do it.

2 days left ladies to get in your WD chores. Let's show them our arm muscles. GRRRRR!!!!!

side note: here is my fitbit user address to add me http://www.fitbit.com/user/2DFRP7
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Hi team,

My current totals:

94.5 /100 strength
    202/220 cardio
    4/5 sally video

I'm not sure I will have time to be in the 300 cardio club this week as I pre-plan my workouts and I gave myself a bye last night and only did 30 minutes (instead of 45-50 minutes) of cardio. I needed the light workout, so I am glad I did it, but it makes it harder to do much extra for donations to other group members.

I will try to tack on some extra strength today in case someone needs it (10 of my strength is being donated, so only 84.5 is mine -- I will try to do at least 30 more minutes of strength so if anyone is a little short there will be a surplus).

NSV - I went for a physical this morning and the Dr. is super pleased with my progress. The only thing she wants me to do differently is limit my coffee more :grumble: and avoid alcohol completely. We are trying to conceive so these two things are considered wise things to do. Since I hardly drink this is not an issue, but I'm not that impressed with the coffee restrictions. I guess more herbal tea is in my future. At least I can count it as "water" :laugh: In other good news, the scale weighs me heavier here than at the Drs office! :drinker:
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    Sara - If you want to set your fitbit up to show your food plan goals at a deficit - go to your dashboard, on your food plan tile, find your settings (a little gear at the top) and click on it and then you can edit your goals. I have mine set to a medium (500 calorie deficit). I used to have my MFP set on 1400 calories and then when it would add my adjustment from fitbit, my MFP was way off from what fitbit said my goal was. I changed my calories to 1200 on MFP and now when fitbit makes my adjustment my goals are much closer. My fitbit will give me a slightly less goal to hit my deficit than MFP so I strive to hit my fitbit goal since I fell it is a more accurate estimate according to what my calorie burn is for that day. This means that most of the time I will have about a hundred extra calories left on MFP but will have "nailed it" on fitbit.
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    Ty! now how do I add friends? That is not easy to figure out. On my phone it only wants to access my contacts.
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    Yea - I wasn't able to figure out how to add friends through the phone app either - the only way I was able to do it was to go to my computer and copy and paste the profile address of the friend I wanted to add and then send them a friend request or if I gave someone else my e-mail address - they were able to send me a friend request and I could accept it through my phone app.

If i figure out how to do it from the phone app, I'll let you know!
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    Here's my fitbit user:

http://www.fitbit.com/user/28TB5X
  • tj1376
    Options
    NSV - I went for a physical this morning and the Dr. is super pleased with my progress. The only thing she wants me to do differently is limit my coffee more :grumble: and avoid alcohol completely. We are trying to conceive so these two things are considered wise things to do. Since I hardly drink this is not an issue, but I'm not that impressed with the coffee restrictions. I guess more herbal tea is in my future. At least I can count it as "water" :laugh: In other good news, the scale weighs me heavier here than at the Drs office! :drinker:

Awesome Job at the Dr!!! Dont you just hate it when they tell you to cut down on coffee - its diabolical!!. You are lucky that you can count it as water though. I cant, if it has caffeine in it it doesnt count according to my nutritionist. Thats why I end up short sometimes cause I dont stop drinking coffee until lunch time. It really cuts into the hours I have to get in all my water, but I AM NOT GIVING IT UP!!!

Coffee=Life
    Without Coffee=Life, without the possibility of parole