Talking Dead: Team Carol

Options

Replies

• SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    New Challenge posted!

You guys, it's awesome if you want to join the 300 or 400 club! Please don't feel like you have to by any means. It's only to help motivate you through out the week and get out of your comfort zone. I broke 400 last week because I was off mon and had a half day on tues and fri. So, lots of free time.

This week, I will attempt to do it again with less time to work with. Should be interesting! Lol

Part of this challenge is sharing something personal about yourself. I need to think about what to say first.
  • FunkyGranolaTree
    FunkyGranolaTree Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Ok.. my aim is to make the 300 club today (will be hard since I messed up this morning)

My additional goals are:
    120 oz of water a day (was only getting about 32)
    5 squats and 5 wall push ups with each bathroom visit.
  • strive4more11
    strive4more11 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hindsight... this waking up an hour early might not be the best idea. Its only 1015 local time and I want to crash. Coffee will be an even better friend to me today than usual!
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys I thought I was feeling better in the evening yesterday but when I went to sleep it just was horrible coughing all night and what sucks for me is I'm allergic to a lot of things so I can't take anything OTC to help. Most times I have to just deal with it. but I don't even see me taking a walk today. I hope tomorrow is better. and everyone did amazing, Keep up the great work outs
  • strive4more11
    strive4more11 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys I thought I was feeling better in the evening yesterday but when I went to sleep it just was horrible coughing all night and what sucks for me is I'm allergic to a lot of things so I can't take anything OTC to help. Most times I have to just deal with it. but I don't even see me taking a walk today. I hope tomorrow is better. and everyone did amazing, Keep up the great work outs

Let me know if you need some help this week with numbers. Its most important to get healthy! I'd be happy to help you out :flowerforyou:
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Episode Recap is posted here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1209942-episode-recap-season-4-episode-11-claimed
    Summary of Kill points: Rick 2 for guy in bathroom, Glenn 2 for 2 cornfield zombies.

Leaderboard and this week's MVP's has been posted.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1195194-weekly-leaderboard-and-most-valuable-players
    Tyreese and Sasha will be deciding the punishment exercises this week. 

Please note this addition to the challenge this week. This would be a GREAT week to get in the top four! 

What we learned from the show this week was that some strangers are enemies and some appear to be friends and may help you on your journey. The top four highest scoring teams of this week's challenge (which will be announced next Monday) will get to choose Abraham, Rosita, Eugene or Tara to add to their team and have their kills added to their team's scores for the rest of the challenge starting with the March 1st episode. Winning team chooses first and so on. 
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options

Let me know if you need some help this week with numbers. Its most important to get healthy! I'd be happy to help you out :flowerforyou:

Thank you, I may. I'm going to sleep for a bit because I didn't get much last night and maybe in the evening I can go for a walk.
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    Great news! We are in the top 4 so we get one of the new cast memebers added to our team. Bad new is that we are in 4th so we don't get to choose. I bet we are stuck with Eugine. lol

Skittles, I can help you with your zombie chores this week. Looks like TJ is sick as well.

Ready to step up and help team?
  • Zombieinkpot
    Zombieinkpot Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Congrats TJ on making MVP this week! :drinker:

Have a great week team Carol! :smile:
  • FunkyGranolaTree
    Options
    READY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I get a judgement call here?? When i visit the ladies room, I have been doing squats and wall pushups. (10 each). I just timed myself and it is a minute to accomplish both tasks. Can this be counted towards the strength time? Or because it is 1 minute at a time, it doesn't count? I will probably have 8 trips today (I drastically increased my water today)... So that would be 8 minutes on top of what ever else I can get in today....
  • Zombieinkpot
    Zombieinkpot Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Great news! We are in the top 4 so we get one of the new cast memebers added to our team. Bad new is that we are in 4th so we don't get to choose. I bet we are stuck with Eugine. lol

I think that will be based off this weeks performance, so it will be the team rankings next Monday that count!
  • SweetPea_7
    SweetPea_7 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Skittles... i hope you get better! seems like that sick stuff is going around... and around and around. i went through 2 rounds of it myslef. rest and recoup!

TJ! Congrats on MVP! WOOWOO

as far as extras... i will do what i can to help out. you all saved my behind last week, so im MORE than happy to do more if i can!

besides... the sally's were fun! just wish i wouldnt have waited so long to do them... i would tried to keep up with TJ. :D
  • SweetPea_7
    SweetPea_7 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Part of this challenge is sharing something personal about yourself. I need to think about what to say first.

do we post this on THIS thread?
  • Cindyinpg
    Options

do we post this on THIS thread?
    Yes. It doesn't have to be REALLY personal, :laugh: just a short essay about why started your fitness journey or a short auto biography, just something you want to share that no one knows about you yet.
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Tyreese and Sasha have decided that everyone should complete 5 minutes per day (for 5 days) of Wall Squats. These can be included in your strength totals. There are a few versions of Wall Squats, facing or not facing the wall, with or without a ball or weights.....Choose one appropriate to your fitness level.
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options

I think that will be based off this weeks performance, so it will be the team rankings next Monday that count!

Yes, you are correct. I just re-read that and am trying to get ahead of myself. My mistake
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    READY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I get a judgement call here?? When i visit the ladies room, I have been doing squats and wall pushups. (10 each). I just timed myself and it is a minute to accomplish both tasks. Can this be counted towards the strength time? Or because it is 1 minute at a time, it doesn't count? I will probably have 8 trips today (I drastically increased my water today)... So that would be 8 minutes on top of what ever else I can get in today....

Absolutly!
  • FunkyGranolaTree
    Options

Absolutly!

SWEET!! Thank you!!!! i WILL be successful this weekend. Migraine be damned!
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Tyreese and Sasha have decided that everyone should complete 5 minutes per day (for 5 days) of Wall Squats.

Are we talking Wall Squats or Wall Sits? Because I have seen some people call a wall sit a wall squat, and I just want to clarify what we are doing.
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Okay, so next week is the big week for getting a new character. This means we all need to be on our A game with food intake as this week we came in 5th. So everyone remember to log!

I swear that all these punishments are uniformly evil. I just did 2 sets of 1 minute wall squats with a 5 pound ball. Dude, they are not very nice either. My thighs were demanding a break after 2 sets. So I guess I will have to do a few more after doing some other strength/cardio exercise. At least these wall squats count in our strength totals.

I am off to make myself an agenda for exercise this week. I have a zillion meetings this week so planning out exercise each day is going to be very important if I have any hope of getting enough minutes done this week.