Talking Dead: Team Carol

Replies

• SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,313 Member
    I see we are having some trouble this week as a team :ohwell:
    I am still aiming for about 450 mins of cardio (for myself and Skittles) but will try to add on more to help out the rest of the team. How is everyone doing on strength? I will get in 200, but if anyone needs help, let me know and I will try to get more in there. I will start doing double or triple the wall sits for the rest of the week (ouch!). I have off Saturday so I plan on getting TONS of cardio in with some dancing around the house :blushing:

Stats so far
    Cardio 255/450 (Skittles and I)
    Strength 80/180 (Skittles and I)
    Food 4/6
    Punishment 2/10 <--- will start really working on that (Skittles and I)

You are so awesome to adopt your team mate
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,981 Member
    TJ1376, that is fantastic. Not liking the person in the mirror is inspiration to get moving. Thank you for sharing.

Thank all of you who have shared. I get a little more every time I read them.

Shelley
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,632 Member
    well today I started feeling better, I'm going to try for a light walk today. I don't want to over do it because I haven't done anything all week. and getting sick of soup and juice lol. sorry I wasn't around much, I been laying in bed or the couch sleeping on and off and watching Glee ( yes I am a junkie for glee) lol
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Guys,
    I might need help with the wall sits this week. I need to break the 5 minutes up into multiple session but I can't seem to find the time to sit against the wall early enough in the day. I can't do it at work because I don't have an office per se with a door. I haven't gotten home any night this week before 9 pm with visiting the hospital. Often then I am starting my workout. <sigh>

I will do what I can and maybe it won't hurt so badly if I don't use the 5 pound weighted ball? I will give that a try also.

I have been doing extra wall sit time every day.. I will have some to give at the end of the week....

I am super struggling with the cardio this week. It seems to bring the migraine on full force. I have been getting a good amount of yoga and active stretching...gotta figure out how to make it this week!

FunkyGranola - Why don't I donate my extra cardio to you. I will give you 100 minutes of cardio towards your total, if you will do some of those evil, evil wall sits for me. Whatcha say?
  • SweetPea_7
    SweetPea_7 Posts: 249 Member
    Guys,
    I might need help with the wall sits this week. I need to break the 5 minutes up into multiple session but I can't seem to find the time to sit against the wall early enough in the day. I can't do it at work because I don't have an office per se with a door. I haven't gotten home any night this week before 9 pm with visiting the hospital. Often then I am starting my workout. <sigh>

I will do what I can and maybe it won't hurt so badly if I don't use the 5 pound weighted ball? I will give that a try also.

Im exempt from them this week but I have been doing them so I will gladly give you the time I have put in.

look at her... exempt and still nailing them! way to go TJ
  • kawookie
    Guys,

Im exempt from them this week but I have been doing them so I will gladly give you the time I have put in.

look at her... exempt and still nailing them! way to go TJ

Wow, TJ! Sorry, I think I somehow missed this comment. This board goes pretty quickly! I did two minutes of wall sits last night without the ball. Not really any better. My cat thought it was great fun and I was worried I would collapse on her. (While she was purring and rubbing against my legs for creating a new fun space for her.) Anyway, I will take donations from anyone! I am WEAK.
  • SweetPea_7
    updated numbers

M: 30 cardio
    T: 60 strength/60 cardio
    W: 95 cardio
    Th: tabattas + lift = 55st/35c

115 st/220cardio

3 - 5min sits. i havent included them in ^ these numbers cuz i do it randomly at home, when i can.

Estimated:
    Fri: yoga/mobility (remainder of wall sits = 60+c
    Sat: lift/ row(must do 20min) = 60st/20c

est total: 175st/300c
  • strive4more11
    strive4more11 Posts: 213 Member
    coruscate7 - great job!

kawookie - I can donate 2 sets of wall sits to you! I don't think I can get more than 12 done though. They are not the most pleasant things to do! Hope its helps you out :flowerforyou:

I didn't get as much done yesterday as I had hoped but we are supposed to have 40 degree weather today so I will get out with the pup and make him walk awhile with me! Tomorrow is deep cleaning the house so that will bring on some dancing --- yea, I dance while I clean :blushing:

Let's finish off this week strong!
  • SaraAlexandre
    Kim, you can break them up into shorter intervals like 30 secs at a time or 15 even. Think that will work better for you?

Have you guys read the other feeds with peoples stories? All I can say is how motivational!

TJ, I think I may make the 400 club after all. I'm trying very hard at least.
  • sawjan
    sawjan Posts: 161 Member
    Day 5 Friday 2/28/14
    Format for the week:

Cardio: 497/220 (Aiming for the 400 club!) --> Next week 500??? who is with me???
    Strength: 130/110
    Martial Arts: 135/135 -->now counted into the cardio happy
    Average calorie intake: 5/6
    Weight loss for challenge: 5.2/9
    Punishment (current) = Wall Squats: 5/5 days

I can give anyone who needs it the extra cardio (long run tomorrow, so should be adding on 120-130 more minutes), strength, and walls sits (doing them tomorrow too!)

NSV - had to have blood work drawn for a routine MD appointment, and the tech said I had nice veins, "you must drink plenty of water." :drinker:
  • kawookie
    Perhaps I could break them up even more. For pride I was trying to do a minute at a time. I have 2/5 days done of these evil wall sits. I will see if shorter periods of time work better for me.

This doesn't make any sense. I have these large muscular thighs and you'd think this wouldn't be that hard. On the flip side I have this very flabby belly and ab work generally isn't a problem. So go figure. If these were planks they would have been done already.
  • FunkyGranolaTree
    FunkyGranolaTree Posts: 363 Member
    Perhaps I could break them up even more. For pride I was trying to do a minute at a time. I have 2/5 days done of these evil wall sits. I will see if shorter periods of time work better for me.

This doesn't make any sense. I have these large muscular thighs and you'd think this wouldn't be that hard. On the flip side I have this very flabby belly and ab work generally isn't a problem. So go figure. If these were planks they would have been done already.

Kawookie.... I see that strive is giving you two days. I have two days of sits to give you! You should be all set now!!!!

I should be ok on the cardio (got an hour in yesterday) But I sill let you know if I dont make it... Next week will be a better cardio week for me!!!
  • Skittles2183
    well I thought I was doing better but last night had other plans for me, so I went to the docs today and got some meds to help me. She told me a nasty bug is going around and she has it as well. but I am going for my walk. I haven't done anything and its making me nuts lol but my doc was Happy I lost weight since I last saw her and wants me to keep it up, which I am planing on it haha .
  • strive4more11
    well I thought I was doing better but last night had other plans for me, so I went to the docs today and got some meds to help me. She told me a nasty bug is going around and she has it as well. but I am going for my walk. I haven't done anything and its making me nuts lol but my doc was Happy I lost weight since I last saw her and wants me to keep it up, which I am planing on it haha .

Glad to hear you got some meds! But why in the world is your Dr working if she is sick too?! Hope the meds kick in soon!
  • Skittles2183

Glad to hear you got some meds! But why in the world is your Dr working if she is sick too?! Hope the meds kick in soon!

She is in the beginning of her cold she was telling me lol. and the other docs are all out sick so she was the best of them all lol. I feel bad for the office and her. but I do am happy to be on something to help.
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    2/28/14 Sun-Fri

Cardio: 541/220
    Strength: 185/90
    Average calorie intake: 6/6
    Core Strength: 40/30 DONE - over by 10 if not more!
    Relaxing: 10/10 meditating DONE
    Weight Challenge: -2lbs
    I have 5 extra days of sits/squats for anyone that can use them. :flowerforyou:
  • SaraAlexandre
    Holy heaven, we are going to try a 500 club next week? Wowzers!!!! I want to say, "I'm In!" but I already work full time and have a 45 min commute each way but I will sure try.
  • kawookie
    You guys are all nuts. I say that with love. :flowerforyou: 500 minutes of cardio? Eek.

I am so proud of myself when I get in 400 minutes cardio/strength combined. However do you have time to do that much time working out (I have a commute, work, grading, housework, etc.)?
  • SweetPea_7
    500? holy balls ladies!!! ok. il hit 300 this week. i might try for 400 next week, cuz ill try not to be a lazy *kitten* on sun/mon. but still 500??

if you do it.. GO YOU! i will root you on the whole freaking way!!
  • strive4more11
    I'll try for 500 next week! Especially if we get snow, that'll be lots of cardio!!