Talking Dead: Team Carol

Options

Replies

• FunkyGranolaTree
    FunkyGranolaTree Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Holy cow strive!!!! How the heck did you do 215 in one day?!?!?!?

I am actually on my bike as we speak. I figured out how to rig the ipad to the front of the computer... Watching "how the universe was made" on the science channel, pedaling, and surfing the web! It doesn't get much better than this! Aiming for 30 miles... Maybe about 70 mins
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I got in 60 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes of strength training. I thought that was doing pretty well, but obviously nothing like 215 minutes of cardio in one day. Dude!
  • sawjan
    sawjan Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Team H - Funny I should be on that, as I am a glass is half full (matches hubby's glass is half empty).

Congratulations Funky :happy:
  • sawjan
    Options
    Day 1 Monday 3/10/14
    Format for the week:

Cardio: 120/220 (Aiming for the 500 club again!)
    Strength: 15/90
    Martial Arts: 45/135
    Average calorie intake: 1/6 days
    Weight loss for challenge: 5.2#/ 9#
    Punishment (current) = 0/5 (not sure what the punishment is yet?)

Had to travel for work today (6 hours in a car), BUT still went to the gym before (got there at 5am) and went to karate this evening. But near 215 minutes.....
  • strive4more11
    strive4more11 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Today was my day off work so I went for a 2:45 hour walk with the dog (It was SO nice out!) And had to catch up on yesterday's episode so I figured I would walk while I watched the Walking Dead. Two birds, one stone! Looks like everyone's off to a great start this week!
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    3/09/14 - 3/14/14

Cardio: 105/220
    Strength: 20/90
    Average calorie intake: 2/6 days
    Weight loss for challenge: albs so far
    Punishment = 0/5
  • SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm glad your liking this weeks challenge. It's fun to have some friendly competition to get us on our healthier journeys.

Team H. Looks like Strive is giving us something to work for already!

Here is my day

Cardio: 72
    Strength:30
    Food:1/6
    Punishment: to be determined.

Go team Hopeful!
  • SweetPea_7
    SweetPea_7 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hey all! so far... rough week, sleep wise. between the dr not giving me a warning on my son's steroid burst, I had rough nights all weekend, then the time change REALLY messed him up. I had and insomnia night on sunday, so i feel like with all this, ive been trying to desperately catch up. i feel good this morning so far... not coffee-desperate anyway.

not sure how the team thing works. we are competing against people in our OWN team?

so heres my weekly lineup:

Mon: Swim (30c)
    Tues: Tabattas (60c) + lift (45st) if there is time tonight
    Wed: WOD + Row (60c) + Swim (30c)
    Thurs: lift (60st) + Tabattas (60c)
    Fri: WOD + Row (60c)
    Sat: lift (60st) + yoga?

est total: 300c / 165st
  • FunkyGranolaTree
    Options
    3/09/14 - 3/14/14

Cardio: 80/220
    Strength: 15/90
    Weight loss for challenge: 5.3 lbs/7lbs
    Punishment = 0/5
  • kawookie
    Options
    Advice anyone?

Yesterday I had my husband do my measurements as I try to do them every 2 months and we hadn't done a set since the beginning of January. Now, I know that we can't control where weight comes off, but I had lost everywhere BUT my stomach!

How is this possible? How can I not be losing from my stomach when I have lost from my hips, neck, bust, ribcage?

I have this fear of looking unnaturally prego as the rest of my body shrinks but my stomach stays the same making me look six months pregnant with tiny hips and boobs. Someone tell me that this is normal and I will eventually even out.

On the plus side, I am down 6.5 inches overall.
  • FunkyGranolaTree
    Options
    Advice anyone?

Yesterday I had my husband do my measurements as I try to do them every 2 months and we hadn't done a set since the beginning of January. Now, I know that we can't control where weight comes off, but I had lost everywhere BUT my stomach!

How is this possible? How can I not be losing from my stomach when I have lost from my hips, neck, bust, ribcage?

I have this fear of looking unnaturally prego as the rest of my body shrinks but my stomach stays the same making me look six months pregnant with tiny hips and boobs. Someone tell me that this is normal and I will eventually even out.

First of all down 6.5 is huge!! I need to take measurements, but i never seem to do it right!

Second of all, I am in the same boat as you... I have sort of skinny legs (Coruscate tells me i have nice legs) and a trim-ish top (my triceps are sagging and make my arm look large). But my stomach... oh my stomach.... it is HUGE!!! If i could lose some of the inches from my stomach there would be a HUGE difference... i dont know what to tell you... I guess it will just be the LAST place for us to lose it. :flowerforyou:
  • strive4more11
    strive4more11 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Advice anyone?

Congrats on all those inches lost! 6.5 inches is great!

Unforunately, spot reduction is pretty much impossible :cry: I have trouble losing inches in my stomach as well... I think it might be a lady thing.
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    first off way to go on the 6.5 in

on another hand I do not do measurements, my doc told me it will only make you nuts which I have seen a lot of people go crazy over it. I also only try to weight myself once a week, I should only do it once a month because you can get obsessed with it. which I think I may with the weighting part :frown: I also think almost everyone will still see the bad parts with our bodies no matter what our weight is, I know for me I am down 22 lbs and I don't see a thing, my friends and family see it and I can feel it in my clothes but I just don't see nothing. But remember you are doing a great job and how are you feeling? because I know I'm feeling amazing. so I must be doing something right :smile:

well I am off to go walk because its 60 outside but snow tomorrow :grumble: my neighbor asked me to check in on her dog today, I feel so bad her hubby passed away on Sat he has cancer so she was going to be gone today at the funeral and asked me to take her dog out. and its such a nice day I think the dog will enjoy it as much as I do.

everyone enjoy the day :drinker:
  • sawjan
    Options
    It is great that you lost 6.5 inches. There has been a decrease from the beginning correct? Please don't get discouraged. I am in the same boat (2 C-sections do not help!!!). Working on your core is also increasing and strengthening the muscles in that area.
    :flowerforyou:
  • FunkyGranolaTree
    Options
    2 C-sections here too one year apart

Is there any word on punishment????
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Team Daryl has decided on this week's punishment exercise, the Spartan Bow. 
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVyvF2B3CIo
    If this is too difficult for your current level, you can do basic lunges instead. Please complete this exercise 30 times per leg, 4 times this week. 
  • kawookie
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement ladies.

Yes, I have lost inches from my belly since I started taking measurements. I just haven't lost anything from it in the last 2 months. I've lost it just about everywhere else -- my neck is even a full inch smaller.

This challenge marks the first time I have been doing consistent weight training. I am trying to sneak pilates in a few times a week -- maybe I should make this more of a goal, but my core strength is fairly good so I was focusing on my arms and legs since I was having so much trouble with squats and sitting against the wall and I know my arms are puny. I am getting a dimpled tummy, so maybe soon?

Measuring helps me because I am very unobservant. Like Skittles, I have a hard time seeing the difference of weight loss on myself. However at 20% body size difference and pulling out clothes I have been in boxes so long I forgot I owned them, it getting obvious even to me that I am different. And, Skittles, I do feel different.

I can get on an elliptical and go for an hour with no ill effects moving at 4.5 miles an hour. I have better balance and body awareness - I don't run into things any more. I can dance with my 33 pound nephew without him breaking my arms. I told him I will lift him until he weighs more than what I have lost -- he can weigh another 18+ pounds and still be eligible so I better get super strong!
  • hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Options

Just did these--they were really fun!! I'm excited about this challenge!
  • kawookie
    Options

Just did these--they were really fun!! I'm excited about this challenge!

I am sweating like a pig falling all over the place. I am about as graceful as an elephant ballerina doing these,but I can do them. My knees make protesting sounds but I see improvement with each set I do (5 or 10 at a time). Done with them for today :drinker:
  • sawjan
    Options
    Day 2 Tuesday 3/11/14
    Format for the week:

Cardio: 225/220 (Aiming for the 500 club again!)
    Strength: 55/90
    Martial Arts: 90/135
    Weight loss for challenge: 5.2#/ 9#
    Punishment (current) = 0/4 (Spartan bows 30 per side)

My C-sections were just under 3 years apart (but that was 15 years ago :laugh:

No school for the kids tomorrow, expecting a VERY bad storm tomorrow. Everyone will be home, but me. :ohwell: They say up to 18 inches of snow over a 12 hour period. Will this snow ever stop???