Talking Dead: Team Carol

Options

Replies

• hajenkatt
    hajenkatt Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Here is my check in for now. I am catching my flight tomorrow afternoon, and I will do my best to verify that there are no other changes.

Cardio: 355/220
    Strength: 90/90
    Punishments: Complete
    Foood 6/6

I am supposed to do a hike on Sunday, so that should get me started on my cardio for next week. I will be doing my best to check in while on vacation. I gotta find a way to watch the episode on Sunday night! LOL
  • Bebubble
    Bebubble Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    3/09/14 - 3/14/14

Cardio: 579/220
    Strength: 165/90
    Average calorie intake: 6/6 days
    Weight loss for challenge: 3 lbs so far
    Punishment = 5/5 doubled up a couple of days
    3/09/14 - 3/14/14
  • sawjan
    sawjan Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Day 5 Friday 3/14/14
    Format for the week:

Cardio: 450/220 (Aiming for the 500 club again!)
    Strength: 115/90
    Martial Arts: 135/135
    Average calorie intake: 5/6 days
    Weight loss for challenge: 5.2#/ 9#
    Punishment (current) = 4/4 (Spartan bows 30 per side)
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Morning teammates!

This morning we are going to go look at long term acute care facilities for my dad. We are hoping he will be released from the hospital as early as Tuesday.

I am at 300 for cardio and 90+ for strength. If team hopeful needs any strength or cardio I would be happy to help -- just let me know. I can tailor my exercise today accordingly.

Last night my husband and I actually took an evening walk because the weather was finally nice enough. :drinker: It is nice to get quality time and exercise simultaneously.

Everyone have a great Saturday and don't forget to check in this evening!
  • SaraAlexandre
    SaraAlexandre Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    Happy Sat everyone! I trust you are all getting your last push for cardio/strength/punishment. Please vote for an MVP this week from your team. Let's see who comes out on top! Have a great trip HajenKatt!

This week:

Cardio: x/ 220(included 45 mins martial arts)
    Strength: x/90
    bows: x/4
    food:x/6
    MVP vote from team Hope or Practical

Team Hope: SaraAlexandre, Sawan, Bebubble, Kawookie, coruscate7 and tinkermommc

Team Practical: TJ1376, strive4more11, hajenkatt, simbersea, funkygranola and skittles2183
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    [/quote]

Sara - I dont know if you will see the difference, but for me lifting has made a HUGE difference. I was on the cardio train for years, without seeing any noticeable results. I started lifing, and I have dropped over 10 pounds, and better, I am seeing the inches come off. For the first time in forever, my thighs are under 4 feet! (Yes, I had 24' thighs, which if you add it up equals 4 feet of thighs!) I think once you get into a routine, and start seeing results, you'll love lifting. I hope so!
    [/quote]

yikes, I think I have 4 feet of thighs! I will continue my lifting journey! Thanks for the encouraging words!

Kawookie, I hope the long term care facility helps your dad transition better. My hubby and I walked/fought and then made up during our 5k. LOL! Quality time? I guess over all it was. I'm done with the punishment. I'm so not balanced!

I really hope we win this week. I want to dish out a punishment for a change.
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I'll early this week. Cuz I'm done! And the kids gave me the new cold going around and killed my appetite so I know I'll be under calories for today. I just ate lunch at 3:30...

251/220 cardio
    90/90 strength
    6/6 food
    4/4 punishment. Man those hurt, but I really did get better at them!
    Best of all I lost 2 lbs!!!

I think my cardio should be higher. But I couldn't figure out how to log "Roving volunteer art teacher". Man those kids kicked my butt yesterday more than the Spartan bows!

I don't know who to vote for. You all impress me. Maybe I'll wait until everyone else enters their week...
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    truth be told I haven't done anything today, I know I know shame on me. but I am going to. in a bit. I just being having a lazy Sat. so I'm going to kill my work outs then post my stuff and pick a person. this is going to be super hard, to many great people to choice.
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I'm done for the day. Time to curl up with a cup of tea and a good book.

Cardio: 349/220
    Strength: 135/90
    6/6 food
    5/4 spartan fall-overs

MVP: my vote goes to Hajenkatt. She was going on vacation, and still turned in 300+ cardio a day early. Plus she is still planning on getting in her exercise while on vacation. So I dont think she should have to come back to the punishment too :)
  • strive4more11
    strive4more11 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Im calling it quits for the week.

Cardio: 505/220 (barely made the 500 club)
    Strength: 90/90
    Punishment: 4/4 ugh
    Food: 6/6
    MVP:Hajenkatt

I hope we win this week too... would love to dish out the punishment for once!!
  • Skittles2183
    Skittles2183 Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    Cardio: 659/220 (I used my sunday because I didn't work out on weds because I was at the dentist for 4 hours that day and didn't feel so hot after)

Strength: 240/90 ( I did the extra to help out anyone who may need it )

Punishment: 5/4 ( I did fall once, I didn't get hurt, but I did laugh )

MVP: Hajenkatt (I am agreeing with simbersea that she is working out on vacation so she should have it off next week )
  • kawookie
    kawookie Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Cardio : 368/230 (This beats my last week's record so I'm happy!)

Strength: 96/90

Punishment: 4/4

MVP: Bebubble for her insane amount of cardio.
  • SweetPea_7
    SweetPea_7 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    What is DOMs? I hope your leg is feeling better. I can't believe it's Friday already! I have been training my replacement at work this week. Since the pasta shop is still not close to being ready, I'm hoping my boss will let me stay on a bit longer so I'm not out on the streets.(being dramatic) My replacement looks like she will need more time to learn my job anyway.

DOMs = Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness also known as ALL THE PAIN you feel after you lift, squat, lunge or do pushups... :D (not TOM... it wasnt a typo. i dont have issues with that being missing unfortunately :laugh: )

my leg is doing better... still a small fear of the box. i havent jumped since tuesday. but ill get over that soon enough.

I haven't been doing monster numbers but I have started lifting heavier weights and using the total gym more. I don't know why I'm so resistant to lifting weights. I just feel like it's a guy thing and I know I need to get over it already. I am at that point in my weight loss journey where I have been at the same weight for a couple years now. It goes up and down but seems to stay in the same range. I know for my height I should be weighing much much less. Let's see if heavier weights do the trick.

dont be resistant... its NOT a guy thing, i promise! it will give you muscle definition and strength you never realized! its soo soo worth it. and especially if you have been at the same weight, its time to step it up and do something different. If you ever need direction or advice let me know. Ive complete NR4W, NRAbs, and i have been through various parts of NR supercharged and Stronglifts 5x5. ( i get into DABBLE moods)
    I'm doing our local St Pattys day dash. It's a 5 k run but since my knee is still not 100%, I will just be walking it. It's suppose to rain cats and dogs. I thought it was on Sat but it turns out it's actually on Sun. I have a half day today so I will try to get some more cardio in. I'm done with strength and combat this week but am not done with the spartan bows.

good luck at your race!!
  • SweetPea_7
    SweetPea_7 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    im glad we went back to 220... its so weird, when i joined the challenge i thought, "balls, 220cardio is gonna be a hard number to hit!" but then we did 320.... and this week felt like i was RESTING. hahah ... but... dont take that as a challenge to increase it to 5-600. :P jsut saying it was a good week to slow down a bit.

Mon: Swim (30c)
    Tues: Tabattas (45c)
    Wed: yoga (60c) + Swim (30c)
    Thurs: lift (60st) + Tabattas (45c)
    Fri: rested
    Sat: lift (60st) + bootcamp (40c)

current total: 240c / 120 st
    punishments complete: 4/4

have good weekends alll!!!
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    Ok, looks like just myself and funky to turn in. I want to do one more work out to try and push hard! Just to let you know TJ was short this week with strength and punishment. As a team we got her covered though.
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    What is DOMs? I hope your leg is feeling better. I can't believe it's Friday already! I have been training my replacement at work this week. Since the pasta shop is still not close to being ready, I'm hoping my boss will let me stay on a bit longer so I'm not out on the streets.(being dramatic) My replacement looks like she will need more time to learn my job anyway.

DOMs = Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness also known as ALL THE PAIN you feel after you lift, squat, lunge or do pushups... :D (not TOM... it wasnt a typo. i dont have issues with that being missing unfortunately :laugh: )

my leg is doing better... still a small fear of the box. i havent jumped since tuesday. but ill get over that soon enough.

I haven't been doing monster numbers but I have started lifting heavier weights and using the total gym more. I don't know why I'm so resistant to lifting weights. I just feel like it's a guy thing and I know I need to get over it already. I am at that point in my weight loss journey where I have been at the same weight for a couple years now. It goes up and down but seems to stay in the same range. I know for my height I should be weighing much much less. Let's see if heavier weights do the trick.

dont be resistant... its NOT a guy thing, i promise! it will give you muscle definition and strength you never realized! its soo soo worth it. and especially if you have been at the same weight, its time to step it up and do something different. If you ever need direction or advice let me know. Ive complete NR4W, NRAbs, and i have been through various parts of NR supercharged and Stronglifts 5x5. ( i get into DABBLE moods)
    I'm doing our local St Pattys day dash. It's a 5 k run but since my knee is still not 100%, I will just be walking it. It's suppose to rain cats and dogs. I thought it was on Sat but it turns out it's actually on Sun. I have a half day today so I will try to get some more cardio in. I'm done with strength and combat this week but am not done with the spartan bows.

good luck at your race!!

ty so much for the support and advice!!! I love the idea of being more fit and cut!
  • sawjan
    Options
    Day 6 Saturday 3/15/14
    Format for the week:

Cardio: 592/220 (Aiming for the 500 club again!) :happy:
    Strength: 125/90
    Martial Arts: 135/135
    Average calorie intake: 6/6 days
    Weight loss for challenge: 5.2#/ 9# --> no change this week, frustrated but not giving up
    Punishment (current) = 5/4 (Spartan bows 30 per side)

My extra can be given to my Team hope members, if needed.

10 mile run today - did great until about mile 8.5, then I did have to do some major pep talking. Noticed I will need new sneakers, felt every pebble. Treating myself to a pedicure tomorrow.
    Went to dinner at a new (to us) Mexican place. Great food and company. The portion size was just right.
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    Good for you Jancie! Nice run! Congrats! I updated your numbers(thought you checked in already! lol)
  • sawjan
    Options
    Sara - Thanks for updating my numbers. I try to check in everyday, keeps me on track

Btw - my vote for MVP for Team Hope will be Coruscate7 :happy:
  • SaraAlexandre
    Options
    Great Janice and thanks! Here is my check in

Cardio:606/220
    Strength:158/90
    food: 6/6
    punishment: 5/4

I vote for sawjan. I will tally up all the numbers and average them for the winning team. I will post in about 30 mins.