Cindyinpg
Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
0daa927c-b778-4aad-9445-be82c2766f2b_zps6cfd5c72.gif

Team Beth Discussion Board

Replies

• tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    HELLO TEAM BETH!!!! I will be your Team Captain for this challenge. If you have any questions post them here or send me a message. Im excited to see that start of the challenge!!!

If you want to friend me, it will be easier for you to send me your updates each week and for me to help you out if you need it.

Good luck everyone and lets hope Beth stays alive the rest of the season and kicks major zombie backside!!
  • Gambrell104
    Gambrell104 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    So looking forward to this challenge! Good Luck everyone!
  • kmoirecavender
    kmoirecavender Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I would like to be on this team. I love the way Beth has learned to control her emotions...plus I am a total beginner, I hope I don't let y'all down!! Go Team Beth!
  • tj1376
    Options
    Morning Team!!!! Trying to get a jump on my exercises before the superbowl eating fest tomorrow. Anyone else exercising alot to make up for eating alot tomorrow?
  • TiffytVS
    TiffytVS Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Go Team, Beth!!! We're gonna rock this apocalypse!!!
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I have been going back and forth for so long over which team to choose. I have chosen Team Beth. I really like her character right now, and I think she is going to continue to grow stronger this season. I am really looking forward to starting this challenge. I need one right now!

My name is Shirley, and I am 49. I was on MFP before, lost weight, started gaining it back, and in a weak moment, deactivated my account. So now I am back for a fresh start. I have just started C25k again, and I am looking forward to adding strength training back in the mix. I look forward to working with everyone!
  • kmoirecavender
    Options
    GO TEAM BETH!!!!!!!

One more day! I am skipping the super bowl and watching Walking Dead Sunday bowl!! A quick catch up of the entire show! hehe.
    Just want to wish everyone the best of luck and hard work winning this challenge! Just curious, are you all getting your martial arts cardio from videos or from classes? Also, I have kept my macros set on what MFP set for me...is this okay?

Tomorrow we shall kick booty!
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Yay Team Beth!

I'm looking forward to this challenge! I piked during the Wizard of Oz challenge as it wasn't motivating me, but I want to make sure I stay motivated so that our team does well!

Will my pole fitness classes count as strength and cardio mix?
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Yay Team Beth!

I'm looking forward to this challenge! I piked during the Wizard of Oz challenge as it wasn't motivating me, but I want to make sure I stay motivated so that our team does well!

Will my pole fitness classes count as strength and cardio mix?
    Yes. It's up to each individual to look at their routines and gauge what they feel is cardio and what is strength and how they plan to count it. Pole dancing is definitely both, so you could split it, maybe 50/50, or just call it one or the other. As long as you don't count it twice. :laugh:
  • PoisonElix
    PoisonElix Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I would like to be on your team :)
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Hello all! I would like to be on your team :)
    I've added you. tj1376 is your captain.
  • maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone - happy official kick off day :)
    I've got my 30 minutes of cardio in already today and enjoyed a green smoothie for breakfast. I'm ready to rock this challenge!!
    Lets go Team Beth!!
  • tj1376
    Options
    Remember - Week 1 has some requirements that you will need to send to me -
    Set your goals and send them in to your team captain so they can start a spreadsheet.
    If you are looking to lose weight, do an official weigh in and take before pics.
    Inches? Measure yourself and take before pics.
    Run faster? Time your best run and see if you can beat it at the end of the challenge.
    Improve your strength or endurance? Take notes on what you are doing now and plan out how you are going to improve.

These things will be important in determining overall team winners!! You dont have to do them all but every little bit helps.
    Also, if I havent sent you a friend request by the end of the day, its because I dont see your name on the team list - send me a message and a request so i can get you on the Team Roster.
  • kmoirecavender
    Options
    Go girl!!!! Okay, now I am inspired...was feeling a little sluggish after working all weekend, but your right...let's do this!!!:happy:
  • tj1376
    Options
    Who has their workouts for this week planned to get 180 min of cardio and 90 min of strength training? What kinds of exercises will you be doing? Anything strange or fun you want to share with the team, maybe someone else would like to try it.
  • Cindyinpg
    Options
    Good Morning Team Beth. You are starting this week with no points because Beth made no kills last episode. Do not read this if you didn't watch the mid season finale in December. The good news is that you're alone with Daryl....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1162909-episode-recap-season-4-part-1-finale
  • klmeub
    Options
    Hi Team Beth -
    I'm excited to join you! I just scheduled my workouts for the week - strength on Monday, Wednesday and Friday nights, and cardio by way of lap swimming in the mornings for 45 minutes on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday mornings. My first weight loss goal is to lose 5 percent - which is right around 11 to 12 pounds for me. For nutrition, my first goal is actually track everything I eat each day for two weeks - hoping to make it an actual habit this time. I haven't watched the first part of this season yet, but I did watch all the other seasons. I plan to catch up soon.
  • PoisonElix
    PoisonElix Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Who has their workouts for this week planned to get 180 min of cardio and 90 min of strength training? What kinds of exercises will you be doing? Anything strange or fun you want to share with the team, maybe someone else would like to try it.

Got mine ready! Doing Zombies run 5k trainer this week along with kempoX
    Still need to figure out what im going to do for strength training guess one of the p 90x dvds I have might work? Any Ideas for that one is welcome I never really do that type of workout. I know I should though. Hope I can get my jog on today woke up with a bit of a sinus infection. :/
  • tj1376
    Options
    Youtube - fitness blender has alot of videos that are mostly strength training. Or create your own routines using exercises you like or that target the areas you really want to work on.
  • Gambrell104
    Gambrell104 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Remember - Week 1 has some requirements that you will need to send to me -
    Set your goals and send them in to your team captain so they can start a spreadsheet.
    If you are looking to lose weight, do an official weigh in and take before pics.
    Inches? Measure yourself and take before pics.
    Run faster? Time your best run and see if you can beat it at the end of the challenge.
    Improve your strength or endurance? Take notes on what you are doing now and plan out how you are going to improve.

These things will be important in determining overall team winners!! You dont have to do them all but every little bit helps.
    Also, if I havent sent you a friend request by the end of the day, its because I dont see your name on the team list - send me a message and a request so i can get you on the Team Roster.

when do you need this by?