Talking Dead: Team Beth

Options

Replies

• Gambrell104
    Gambrell104 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    MVP for the week is Kmoiregreen with an impressive 430 min of cardio and 315 min of strength!!!! Hot Damn woman!!!!!
    honorary mention goes to Marie who did an extra 100 min to share with a teammate - awesome teamwork!!!

Congrats Girls!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • kmoirecavender
    kmoirecavender Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thanks Gambrell! It looks like our girl is going to be on Talking Dead tonight after the show!!! I SURE hope she makes it through tonight!!! Kinda worried.
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,901 Member
    Options
    Thanks Gambrell! It looks like our girl is going to be on Talking Dead tonight after the show!!! I SURE hope she makes it through tonight!!! Kinda worried.

Not only did she survive but she has two kills! Great episode!

Shelley
  • kmoirecavender
    kmoirecavender Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Proud of Beth!!! 2 kills!!!! Honestly, about halfway through the episode "I" seriously wanted a real drink!!!! :drinker:
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    Proud of Beth!!! 2 kills!!!! Honestly, about halfway through the episode "I" seriously wanted a real drink!!!! :drinker:

In the zombie apocalypse there are no age limits.
  • tj1376
    Options
    This weeks challenge has been posted ladies

250 min of Cardio
    90 min of strength
    6/6 nutrition

I know you can do it!!!!!
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    As for me, I'm Tiffany, 33, also getting married. My date is July 12th, 2014. I've always been someone who has admired the strength and discipline of athletes but has never had the motivation or ability to emulate it--at least not for a significant period of time.

As I've mentioned before, the wedding is really driving me to stick with a fitness plan this time. But what I've discovered during this process is that I'm really enjoying the opportunity to make myself and my health a priority. I work as a mental health therapist in a middle school classroom for emotionally disturbed youth. My kids are fun and hilarious and super challenging. I love my job, but I feel like so much of my energy both inside and outside of work hours is spent worrying about them, which i know is not at all healthy and a recipe for burnout. I notice when I make time to exercise and take care of my body, I start focusing on my needs instead and it feels really good. It also makes me a better therapist because I come to work ready and able to give my kids my full attention and energy.

Like a lot of you, I'm worried about what will happen to this new lifestyle once the challenge ends. But in the meantime, I'm extremely grateful to be part of this team! Go Team Beth!! :drinker:

You're going to look fierce at your wedding, I just know it!! Kudos to you for what you do - someone needs to help our kids out, especially as parenting seems to be taking a back seat more and more. Cheers! :drinker:
  • marieamethyst
    Options
    kmoiregreen: You're a beast! Congrats on your well deserved MVP - I am in awe! :laugh:

The challenge is really ramping up - we can do it! Last night was a great episode, and we got two kills. Great start to the week! :drinker:
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Recap is posted here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1215721-episode-recap-season-4-episode-11-still
    Summary of Kill points Daryl 6, Beth 2

Leaderboard and this week's MVP's has been posted.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1195194-weekly-leaderboard-and-most-valuable-players

Rick will be deciding the punishment exercises this week and choosing one of the four new characters. The weekly points from the remaining three will be divided up among the three, second place finishers. 

This week's optional show inspired exercise is this fitnessblender golf workout: 
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F8iPHvVq6E&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • Gambrell104
    Options
    No torturious exercise planned for us yet?
  • TiffytVS
    TiffytVS Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Awww, thanks, Marieamethyst! :flowerforyou:

Congratulations, kmoiregreen!! I agree; you are the beastiest of beasts!! :drinker:

And yay, two kills for us!!! And my back is feeling better though I still might hold off on lifting and do more bodyweight exercises for strength until I feel ready.

Yikes, 250 minutes of cardio! I was thinking of going ice skating for a couple hours on Saturday to help me get it all in. What are the rest of you guys doing for cardio?
  • tj1376
    Options
    No official punishment yet, but if you check out the Team Rick Thread, they are discussing a circuit training punishment. If you want to start on it, go for it. This way even if they decide to go in another direction, you will still have some strength training done.

Anyone who wants to join Team Carol's Cardio challenge is welcome to compete - we are trying for 500 minutes this week.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Posting from my phone at work so I'll be brief! The week's punishment is a quick circuit training routine:

1 min jumping jacks; 10 sit ups/roll ups/crunches; 1 min jump rope; 1 min side plank (30 sec each side); 5 burpees.
    Here's the punishment from Team Rick's captain. The good news is he decided that you only have to do it once this week and, as always, you can include it with your cardio or strength numbers.
  • Gambrell104
    Options
    Awww, thanks, Marieamethyst! :flowerforyou:

Congratulations, kmoiregreen!! I agree; you are the beastiest of beasts!! :drinker:

And yay, two kills for us!!! And my back is feeling better though I still might hold off on lifting and do more bodyweight exercises for strength until I feel ready.

Yikes, 250 minutes of cardio! I was thinking of going ice skating for a couple hours on Saturday to help me get it all in. What are the rest of you guys doing for cardio?
    lots of classes. They are a hour long
  • Gambrell104
    Options
    my circuit is done and boy was that tough...i just might do it tomorrow:wink:
  • marieamethyst
    Options
    Great job! I think I'll tackle it tomorrow.

I would love to try for the 500 club, but I'm finally into the practice portion of my online program, and it's taking more time than the review part. Good luck though, TJ!

The planned cardio for this week for me is: 30 Day Shred, Dance Dance Revolution, walking when the weather approves in a few days, and jogging in place while catching up on TV at night. I'm so boring. :laugh:

The scale has stalled for the last two weeks, but I had to go buy new jeans today. Went from a size 12 to a size 7. I have no idea how that works out, but I accept!
  • TiffytVS
    Options
    You go, Gambrell!! Way to be on it!
  • TiffytVS
    Options
    Marieamethyst, DDR is never boring! And wow!! That is amazing! I hope you took before pics!
  • tj1376
    Options
    I would love to try for the 500 club, but I'm finally into the practice portion of my online program, and it's taking more time than the review part. Good luck though, TJ!

The scale has stalled for the last two weeks, but I had to go buy new jeans today. Went from a size 12 to a size 7. I have no idea how that works out, but I accept!

Its ok if you dont make the 500 club - your challenging yourself and thats all that matters.

GREAT NSV on the jeans by the way - you must be smiling all day!!!!
  • Gambrell104
    Options
    Is anyone gonna need help getting there circuit done? Let me know and I will do it. I actually really liked it!