Talking Dead: Team Beth

Options

Replies

• Gambrell104
    Gambrell104 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Had my kickboxing class tonight....she kicked our *kitten*! Im gonna miss her when shes gone.
  • TiffytVS
    TiffytVS Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I found a app I thought I would share with you guys. Its called Daily Arm Workout Free. Its nothing but arm exercises and they have it broke up in 5,8 and 10 mins programs. Its a good way to get those extra 10 mins of arms out of the way.

Awesome! I will definitely check that out. Man, how did people get in shape before smartphones!? :laugh:
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Does the app incorporate weights? I'd love to find some new techniques besides bicep curls!

I think that was when people actually went and did stuff outside! :laugh:
  • TiffytVS
    Options

Lol!! How quaint!
  • Gambrell104
    Options
    Does the app incorporate weights? I'd love to find some new techniques besides bicep curls!

yes it does
  • kmoirecavender
    kmoirecavender Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the congrats! I am still a bit off regarding communication this week for some reason...I did contact a member on team Darryl, but have not heard back, will post on their board shortly... I downloaded the arm app suggested (thanks!) and hope to get in that extra 10 today. I sure hope I get a little more enthusiasm here soon! I admire all of you for your motivation , support, and get it done attitudes!!!!
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the congrats! I am still a bit off regarding communication this week for some reason...I did contact a member on team Darryl, but have not heard back, will post on their board shortly... I downloaded the arm app suggested (thanks!) and hope to get in that extra 10 today. I sure hope I get a little more enthusiasm here soon! I admire all of you for your motivation , support, and get it done attitudes!!!!

You may not hear from them, some people arent very talkative, but we give you credit if we see on the boards you posted for someone.
  • EgyptianMushroom
    EgyptianMushroom Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I have ten minutes of bows and arrows to donate for strength to whoever needs it! :flowerforyou:
    From team Daryl
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Hi Team Beth , I have 10 minutes of bow and arrow exercises to donate for strength , from Team Daryl , they were not done well:blushing: but I tried really hard . I'm very uncoordinated hahaha. anyhow they were done for whoever needs them :drinker:

Amy
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have tips re: motivation?

I had a really good Week 1, Week 2 was seriously sh**ty, and now Week 3 is barely there. I'm trying to work out what I'm doing wrong (I know that the diet isn't ideal, that I'm not exercising enough) to be so undermotivated?

What are some good ways to 're-motivate'?
  • marieamethyst
    Options
    I love to stalk the Success forum, and see all of the before/after pictures. I can't wait to be the one posting my own success thread, so that's usually enough to get me up and moving. I also look at old pictures of myself when I was at goal weight. And of course, my biggest motivation every day and the reason why I started this journey to get healthy again - my daughter! I just have to remember her, and I feel like I could jog for miles. :)

We all have our off times. Take a breather, refocus on everything, and then throw yourself back into it! :flowerforyou:

And if all else fails...

2408atg-w484h484z1-32649-run-like-daryl-is-waiting.jpg
  • TiffytVS
    Options
    Ummm...I really need that shirt in my life. Like now.

I feel like I rely on that one single thought that will motivate me no matter what. Like what marieamethyst said about her daughter. If I were a less shallow person, for me that thought would be to get healthier, so my body is prepared to get pregnant next year. Or to have more energy for the middle schoolers I work with. Sadly though, my go-to motivating thought is that I want to look super hot on my wedding day. Vain and ridiculous I know, but it gets me off the couch when no other thought will.

Another way I think I've managed to stay more motivated this time around is by taking things sloooow. I raised my deficit, so that I only lose half a pound a month. I've found it's way easier to stay motivated when I actually feel full and can have foods I actually like to eat. I'm losing a lot more slowly, but I'm losing more than I would have by eating even less for two weeks and then burning out.

Don't worry! You'll find what works for you.
  • marieamethyst
    Options
    It's on sale today! :laugh: (I have to stay away from that site; too many workout shirts that I *need* in MY life!)

http://www.lookhuman.com/design/32649-run-like-daryl-is-waiting
  • marieamethyst
    Options
    TiffytVS: Get it, girl! I wish I had done the same before I got pregnant... instead I ended up with gestational hypertension. We've discussed having another child next year, so I want to be at my goal before then. I'm sure you will look fabulous on your wedding day! Sounds like you have some serious goals, and some exciting things coming up! :drinker:
  • TiffytVS
    Options
    It's on sale today! :laugh: (I have to stay away from that site; too many workout shirts that I *need* in MY life!)

Oh no! Now I want all the t-shirts!! That site is awesome!

And thanks so much for the encouragement marieamethyst! Sounds like you have exciting things on the way too. And the progress you've already made is super inspiring. :flowerforyou:

Off to decide between the Dr. Who shirt and the one that says "I like running because I really really really really really really really really really really like food." :laugh:
  • Gambrell104
    Options
    Does anyone have tips re: motivation?

I had a really good Week 1, Week 2 was seriously sh**ty, and now Week 3 is barely there. I'm trying to work out what I'm doing wrong (I know that the diet isn't ideal, that I'm not exercising enough) to be so undermotivated?

What are some good ways to 're-motivate'?
    This challenge and having something to work for is what does it for me. I hope you find something that will get you out of your rut.
  • kmoirecavender
    kmoirecavender Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    AmyZ46 has claimed my 10 min arm work out!!
  • marieamethyst
    Options
    Thank you, and you too! :)

It's free shipping on orders of $50+... if you do order anything, use WELCOME10 at checkout to get 10% off.

So, my advice is to get both! :laugh:

(I've been debating with myself over the Little Mermaid "Don't wish for it - work for it" and the Star Wars "Training to be a rebel" tanks, arg!)
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options

"WORKING OFF MY ADIPOSE" Priceless!!!!!!
  • Gambrell104
    Options
    Hows everyones week going? I have 50 mins of cardio and I am DONE!! Oh and 2 more sets of Sallys...