Talking Dead: Team Beth

Options

Replies

• maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    So, for the wall squats (yuk!), I didn't see an exercise in the database so I could log as strength. So, I found this calculator at fitclick.com - http://www.fitclick.com/calories_burned

What I'm doing is described as the wall sit and I'm burning 30 cals for the 5min - basically sitting like a chair. Is this what we're called to do? or is it the movin' up and down with our backs against the wall squat that we should be doing?
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :blushing:
    It's good to know that we're willing to help each other out in order to help motivate! I've had a really really crappy week at work last week and although I hit my targets, it was hell trying to make it happen.

I plan for this week to be better! A big part of the crappiness was feeling upset that the pole fitness was beating me, instead of me beating it. It's so damn hard and although I'm still going, it's frustrating and upsetting when everyone else can do it and I can't purely because I have an extra 30kg on me to pull up the pole. Feels impossible right now, but I'm sure by the end of the 7 weeks I can do the simplest of the strength task of the pole (can't even do the simplest of them yet).

At least you're doing it! I've heard it's crazy difficult, so kudos to you! It looks like a blast too!
    Okay, is anyone else nervous that they're making Beth this symbol of hope and optimism? Considering this is a show that likes their characters dark and despairing, I'm worried it's an indication Beth's days are numbered. :noway:

Or maybe I just need to work on cultivating my own optimistic side.

Oh, and I love how supportive this team is of each other. All the more reason I want us to live!!

Nope, I definitely get that vibe!

Glad you're feeling better, TJ!
  • marieamethyst
    Options
    I decided to be prepared for the zombie apocalypse, 'cause I don't want to be a Tyreese running through the woods with a baby in my arms. (I'm actually doing the Color Run 5k next month, but you never know! :laugh:)

I'm hoping the weather warms back up so I can start training with her+carrier. Should be interesting!

carrier.png
  • tj1376
    tj1376 Posts: 1,402 Member
    Options
    Either type of wall sit or squat is acceptable, whatever your level of endurance will allow.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. Time to catch up on my exercises though, Team Carol has a Cardio Club 300 and Club 400 going and I want to get into Club 400.

Marie - Im doing a color run next month too, my first ever. Im hoping its alot of fun!!!!
  • marieamethyst
    Options
    It looks like it is! What day is yours? Please update with how it goes, if you don't mind! (and any tips, haha)

I'm waiting to post to that thread Cindy mentioned so I can do a pic from the 5k. I'd love to be able to show other "new" moms that just because they have a baby, doesn't mean they can't get out and do things. Just gotta be a little creative sometimes!
  • Gambrell104
    Gambrell104 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Tonight is the last night for my kickboxing class so I am going to have to find a way get my combat training in. What is everyone else doing for combat training?
  • marieamethyst
    Options
    How about kickboxing videos?

Jillian Michaels:

http://youtu.be/x9avonsRVok

Denise Austin:

http://youtu.be/F564qF8p-EU

We're buying the Les Mills Combat set, but that won't be until after the challenge is over. If we do this again next season, that will probably be my go-to for combat training! :laugh:
  • Gambrell104
    Options

Jillian Michaels:

Denise Austin:

We're buying the Les Mills Combat set, but that won't be until after the challenge is over. If we do this again next season, that will probably be my go-to for combat training! :laugh:

I would LOVE!! to take the Krav Maga classes but I think I need to work myself up to those!
  • Gambrell104
    Options

Jillian Michaels:

Denise Austin:

I would LOVE!! to take the Krav Maga classes but I think I need to work myself up to those!

I found a Krav Maga video on youtube I think I can do. we will see..:wink:
  • TiffytVS
    TiffytVS Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Marieamethyst, your fitspo is going to so cool!! And your little one is super adorable!

Gambrell, now I totally want to search Krav Maga on YouTube. I've been doing Jillian's KICKBOX FASTFIX, which is a great calorie burn, but I don't know how helpful those moves would actually be in a zombie apocalypse.
  • tj1376
    Options
    It looks like it is! What day is yours? Please update with how it goes, if you don't mind! (and any tips, haha)

I'm waiting to post to that thread Cindy mentioned so I can do a pic from the 5k. I'd love to be able to show other "new" moms that just because they have a baby, doesn't mean they can't get out and do things. Just gotta be a little creative sometimes!

Its is on March 8th. I haven't run a full 3 miles, ever, so this should be interesting.

I think everyone is right though, your Fitsporation will be awesome.
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    So I had yet another pole fitness class last night and I wished I had a heart rate monitor to work out how many calories I burnt. I worked hard!

I even managed the fireman spin OFF the floor! Woohoo! First spin I could actually complete off the floor. Quite happy with myself as everyone else could already do it (they're 30kg lighter than me). There's my strength workout for the hour! Now just 30 more minutes of strength for this week... and 130 mins of cardio left.
  • marieamethyst
    Options
    Thank you, everyone! It's always inspiring to read things from other people on here, so I'm hoping I can contribute back and help someone else out!

Krav Maga looks intense... I want! *_* What's the video link, if you don't mind sharing?

Thank you, Tiffy! :flowerforyou:

Good luck, TJ! You can do it... just imagine zombies behind you, and Daryl on his motorcycle ahead of you! :laugh:

Bucky - great job! It's makes my arms hurt just looking at images of people doing that!
  • Gambrell104
    Options
    So I had yet another pole fitness class last night and I wished I had a heart rate monitor to work out how many calories I burnt. I worked hard!

I even managed the fireman spin OFF the floor! Woohoo! First spin I could actually complete off the floor. Quite happy with myself as everyone else could already do it (they're 30kg lighter than me). There's my strength workout for the hour! Now just 30 more minutes of strength for this week... and 130 mins of cardio left.
    Awesome job!
  • tj1376
    Options
    Its Thursday - 3 days left to share something with your team and to hit your numbers. Anyone having problems this week and think they wont reach their goals? Anyone going over and want to donate some time if they can?

Remember, this week you are also fighting to get one of the top 4 spots so you can get a new teammate.
  • marieamethyst
    Options
    I'm over on cardio and strength if anyone needs minutes. I'm technically "recovering" tomorrow and Saturday, but I can do some light cardio or strength if needed. :)

I plan on sharing tomorrow. This week's challenge has inspired me to get in touch with my "core" by re-connecting with my faith and creativeness, which is something I have neglected along with my health for years now. I'm picking up a journal today and plan to spend at least 15 minutes before bed writing/doodling/meditating. (kind of like Beth!)

Happy almost-Friday, everyone!
  • maphammonds
    maphammonds Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    HI Everyone~

Let me share that this challenge has motivated me like nothing else before! Since I got out of the drinking and drugging scene, keeping weight off has always been a challenge. I've lost and found the same 15 pounds over and over. 4 years ago, I dropped over 25 pounds through a very expensive weight loss program - Slim4Life (similar to Atkins, but you gotta buy all their pricey supplements). But the moment I stopped the program, the pounds crept back on. With the birth of my granddaughter 3 years ago, I realized that I had become the frumpy old looking grandma type at just 41! My constant negative self image was impacting my youngest daughter, the only one of our five children still at home. Now she's 14 and all she sees in herself are the flaws. I realize now that I taught her how to look at herself that way. I'm hoping that the example I'm setting now will be a positive influence on her and that by making wise food choices and staying active (no dieting here!) she'll see that staying fit is a lifestyle change and not something just to be done when you're not happy with what you see in the mirror. I hope that my commitment to this challenge - being accountable to others - will display more than just 'working out', but that I said I'd do something, and I'm sticking with it.

This has really been a blessing for me; and you all are so generous in sharing this journey with me. Thanks for posting not only the highs you've had, but the lows and middle-of-the-roads, too!

Blessings to you,
    Patti
  • Gambrell104
    Options

Krav Maga looks intense... I want! *_* What's the video link, if you don't mind sharing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKi2Vh9rqt0

Here ya go!
  • TiffytVS
    TiffytVS Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Patti, that's beautiful! I love what you said about teaching your daughter by example how to see the positives in herself. So, so inspiring.

Bucky, you are one badass, sexy mama! Congrats!

My back's been bugging me this week, so I'm trying to do less intense versions of the workouts I've been doing. Hopefully, I. can still get all my minutes in.
  • kmoirecavender
    kmoirecavender Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Tiffy, I am pretty sure I will have some extra minutes if you need any. Feel better :smile: