Today I'm proud of myself for....

Options

Replies

• traci9028
    traci9028 Posts: 104 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    You are such an inspiration. Great job for keeping the binge at bay. It's so easy to binge in times of sorrow to try to fill a void but you are separating the two, beating the binge and getting stronger! Just want you to know that you are incredible while being there for so many others.

Oh, and I guess I'm proud of myself for forgetting about yesterday and making today count!
  • greekygirl
    greekygirl Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I think the only thing I can think of that I'm proud about today is coming back to the forum. And doing one of my hardest workouts. Otherwise, I'm not doing well at all. That's why I'm back here. But now that it's on the app I have no excuse not to be!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,357 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Good job traci9028, greekgirl and everyone!! Keep up the good work!
  • gr33nslime
    gr33nslime Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Yes, proud of myself today for picking only at the grapes and avoiding all the other sweet goodness treats at the free food pile at work today.... =)
  • Nessa_the_Wild
    Options
    Today I ate a healthy, reasonably sized breakfast.
  • turnipZbeets
    turnipZbeets Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Signed up for my first counseling session today. Maybe things will start to look up for a change, been having a rough and tough time.
  • ryanhorn
    ryanhorn Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Today at lunch I was able to have a piece of my trigger food without going into binge mode. It's the little things.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    Great job everyone! I am proud of myself for being consistent more than I have in the past with binging and weight loss. Goal is to keep it going.
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Today I'm proud of myself for not having a binge.
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I just posted this is the NSV thread on the main boards but I am so excited that I want to post it here, to...

I like to actually hit my calorie target (within about 50 calories either side), not just stay below it. I had bought a pack of 2 chocolate cookies @ 150 calories each. now a bit of background - the reason I pay extra and buy them in twin packs is that I have no will power - once the pack is opened it gets eaten. all of it. even if there's 10. In fact I live alone and shop for food daily so as not to have food around that will tempt me. So I got to the end of the day and somehow my planning wasn't quite right and I needed another 200 calories ie I had to eat one cookie. There was nothing else that I could eat for the 200 calories, and I didn't want to be under. I literally sat there for about 10 minutes thinking that I couldn't do it. If I opened the pack I would eat them both, and I really didn't want to go over my calorie goal, and I couldn't really be bothered pacing around so that my fitbit would give me the extra calories. I just sat there, nearly fozen from fear, not sure what to do, and frustrated with myself that this is even an issue.
    Needless to say -because this is an nsv thread :) - I opened the pack. I quickly took one cookie out and put it on a plate and put the pack (with the remaining one) out of sight. (I normally eat them straight out the pack.) Took the plate back to where I am sitting and just ate it. I am not tempted to go have the other one. I DID IT !!!
    PS - one of my fears is that although I am just about at goal, and have lost over 50 pounds, I don't know how I will manage in a normal environment where I have temptations around me. The way I am living at the moment will not be forever, but has really helped me so much with my weight loss. so this is a really big step. and I DID IT !!!
  • Balaga8611
    Balaga8611 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    .... so this is a really big step. and I DID IT !!!

WooHoo! Congratulations! That's awesome!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    I just posted this is the NSV thread on the main boards but I am so excited that I want to post it here, to...

I like to actually hit my calorie target (within about 50 calories either side), not just stay below it. I had bought a pack of 2 chocolate cookies @ 150 calories each. now a bit of background - the reason I pay extra and buy them in twin packs is that I have no will power - once the pack is opened it gets eaten. all of it. even if there's 10. In fact I live alone and shop for food daily so as not to have food around that will tempt me. So I got to the end of the day and somehow my planning wasn't quite right and I needed another 200 calories ie I had to eat one cookie. There was nothing else that I could eat for the 200 calories, and I didn't want to be under. I literally sat there for about 10 minutes thinking that I couldn't do it. If I opened the pack I would eat them both, and I really didn't want to go over my calorie goal, and I couldn't really be bothered pacing around so that my fitbit would give me the extra calories. I just sat there, nearly fozen from fear, not sure what to do, and frustrated with myself that this is even an issue.
    Needless to say -because this is an nsv thread :) - I opened the pack. I quickly took one cookie out and put it on a plate and put the pack (with the remaining one) out of sight. (I normally eat them straight out the pack.) Took the plate back to where I am sitting and just ate it. I am not tempted to go have the other one. I DID IT !!!
    PS - one of my fears is that although I am just about at goal, and have lost over 50 pounds, I don't know how I will manage in a normal environment where I have temptations around me. The way I am living at the moment will not be forever, but has really helped me so much with my weight loss. so this is a really big step. and I DID IT !!!
    Awesome!
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    TotalDetermination, that is a FANTASTIC NSV!! I just want to wrap you in a huge hug because I know how amazing that must have felt to have finally conquered a huge fear! Lovely :blush:
  • gr33nslime
    Options
    Total Deterimination! I know exactly what you mean! If its in the house, i think about it, until it gets eaten... ALL OF IT! Zero will power. And will happily pay more, like you do, to avoid the conundrum.

Well done on the will power to let the extra cookie sit and live another day. Bet you enjoyed it the next day! Thanks so much for sharing, it reminds me and probably others, that we are not alone!
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    TD, that is huge. HUGE! :)
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone :) - I'm still smiling from the success. The cookie is still here. Its morning and I'm not tempted. I'm so happy I did it. I really did it. I know it doesn't mean I'm 'cured' and this will still be a challenge for me that I have to work on. But to have succeeded once shows me that I *CAN* do it, and I really didn't know if I would ever be able to.
    :D:D:D:D
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    Options
    thanks everyone :) - I'm still smiling from the success. The cookie is still here. Its morning and I'm not tempted. I'm so happy I did it. I really did it. I know it doesn't mean I'm 'cured' and this will still be a challenge for me that I have to work on. But to have succeeded once shows me that I *CAN* do it, and I really didn't know if I would ever be able to.
    :D:D:D:D
    That is soooo awesome! I can not even bring cookies in my house! lol!! Chips and cookies are banded from my home. When I want either I buy the small one serving packs and for chips I get one or 2 of the small bags and I am done.

• WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    I'm in a fitness challenge and this week we are focusing on protein. I am proud that I not only hit, but exceeded my 30% goal yesterday! I must remember how full I can feel with protein and to add it in to every meal. It truly helps with satiation.

I'm also proud that even though my eating hasn't been spot on the last week, I have remained fairly active. Activity keeps me happy. And happy me doesn't want to binge as often.
  • gr33nslime
    Options
    I'm in a fitness challenge and this week we are focusing on protein. I am proud that I not only hit, but exceeded my 30% goal yesterday! I must remember how full I can feel with protein and to add it in to every meal. It truly helps with satiation.

I'm also proud that even though my eating hasn't been spot on the last week, I have remained fairly active. Activity keeps me happy. And happy me doesn't want to binge as often.

Nice work on reaching the 30% goal. What is this fitness challenge that you speak of? Am interested!
  • Dennis4766
    Dennis4766 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I DID IT !!!

Standing O! Good for you. One day at a time, you will manage.