Like Minded Lushes - April 2014

Options
rjadams
rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
Happy April Fool's Day

I have just been lushing along. April is the beginning of longer day which of course leads to cocktails on the deck. And soon it will be summer and all those lushy temptations will be around. I wish us all luck. :wink: .

Replies

• bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Happy April Fool's Day!! Make sure to trust NO ONE today! LOL

I haven't been lushy during the weeks lately. I had some drinks last Thursday night, but I'm saving them more for Friday and Saturday nights. Which is ok. But once summer hits, like Mama Lush said, all lushy temptations will be around! I can't believe it is April 1 already! Oh my!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    My office has a large flat screen TV in the lobby where we post all sorts of things....jobs we've gotten, birthdays, new babies, anouncements, etc. Today I got tricked by "new office in Maui HI!" I was like...sweet! And then I was like....April Fools. Looks like I won't be future neighbors with Kate anytime soon. :wink:

Weather is gorgeous today. Makes it hard to find and keep motivation.....
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    haha, I need some good April Fools jokes, my last one was changing my facebook status to single. Then when I changed it back, hubby wouldn't accept for a few days:grumble:

Last night I had one beer, it was kind of a waste since it put me over on cals and was so close!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Ended March with a much needed 0 but ate every carb in sight. My body is in a post vacation mess!

I need to really get back on track...heading on another trip at the end of the month for my birthday (its a big one..I'm NOT looking forward to it) I hated turning 30...40 was great...this one is just wrong!

rainy here today so I'll probably hit the weights.
    any word from kat?
  • bgrune131
    Options
    The only office April Fools that I have done today is getting to re-arrange everything in our office breakroom where our runner organizes with a crazy OCD system of his, so it was super fun to mess everything up! Only now it'll take him like 2 hours to put everything back to his standards...:ohwell:

Going out to lunch with one of my girlfriends today. Looking forward to it! Then going grocery shopping tonight....not looking forward to that. It will have to count as my "workout" since I never want to do anything after doing all the grocery shopping. But that's okay! It is only the 1st of the month!! I made my 15 workout goal last month...so I'm happy.

Did Kat have her baby?!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Kat hasn't logged on today, but she did yesterday. Maybe the baby is on her way!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I always say the first or last day of the month are the best birthdays bc they are hard to forget! Mine is the last day of November! Hopefully Kat is having that baby girl today!

My goal for the month of April is 4 zeros a week and then 3 drinks max on the other days.

I had a zero on Sunday, but my week starts Monday so....

Monday-0
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,172 Member
    Options
    Most likely a 0 for me tonight too.

An April Fool's baby? Hmmmm...
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone!!! I hate when work is so damn busy I can't check in on my lushes!!!! Happy April!!!

I swear I'm a drunk, this weekend was ridiculous!!!!! Hammered every night, so gonna try and log some zeros this week!
    Nothing last night and most likely nothing tonight...although there is an open bottle of wine :huh:

We finally started watching True Detective. @ episodes down and I'm enjoying it!!! We will go for a walk tonight then watch a few more episodes. Temps are in the 60's this week...rain later in the week but SIXTY....yeah that's cool :bigsmile:
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I've forgotten what a zero looks like...but, I am trying for one tonight

Robin, we decided to build after all. The parade of homes sucked us in - but, everything is new and there should be no repairs or updating. This house has sucked us dry with repairs and updating things. We are going to wire speakers throughout the house and have music everywhere...super cool.

No April Fools Jokes here.

I've been super busy with comparing lenders and prepping for a potential interview with this new company. I am so hoping to get this job, my sister is going to put a good word in for me. The big change will be working full-time; but, no weekends or holidays - whoop'ie. Plus, I would be working from home.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Kim, that job sounds awesome!!! Working from home, no weekends or holidays! Good luck Honey!!!!

Monday-0
    Tuesday-6oz of wine....why not :wink:
    I will probably have some more tonight too!!
  • bgrune131
    Options
    Kate, I'm glad you're watching True Detective. It just gets better and better with every episode!!!

Kim, that job sounds super awesome! Good luck!!!

My hubby interviewed with the Offender Registration Unit last week and he is supposed to find out this Friday if he got it or not. I'm really hoping and praying that he does! That will get him off the road and he would work 8-5 with weekends & holidays off! If he actually gets it, I'm not going to even know what to do! He's worked 2nd shift for almost as long as we've been together and never has hardly any holidays off unless his days off fall on them. So...everyone keep your fingers & toes crossed he gets it!!

Monday - 0
    Tuesday - ended up having 4 beers...and two drinks with pepsi & rum. Feeling terrific this morning though! All 0's for the rest of the week!!!
  • ChLoE1130
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0

Good luck on all the new jobs and houses!

How are you watching True Detective? HBO on demand? We don't have HBO currently, but we get it for a couple months when True Blood is on, so I am thinking we will try to watch in then.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Premium channels are free this week, so we are watching two a night and should be able to knock it out by friday.
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    New jobs, new homes....exciting times for people! Good luck to everyone.
    we got a low ball offer on my dad's house and walked away from it. I wasn't expecting his wife to pass away so it's not like the proceeds were something we were counting on immediately...so we'll let it sit for a bit. I think it will sell in the next month or so as the housing market here has picked up nicely

I'm back on track with the diet and hopefully the exercise will pick up as the week progresses.
    had a glass of wine last night.

have fun with true detective. I turned on the closed captioning when I watched because i couldn't understand what the hell they were saying a lot of the time...lol. but the show is very well acted. Storyline is crazy tho :noway:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Hi my loves! Sorry for not checking in, it's crunch time and I've been going, going, going!

As of yesterday at my Dr's appointment I was 2-3cm's dilated. Little girl is due Saturday and if I don't have her before Monday then I go in Monday night to be induced. I'm not doing anything differently to speed things along though, I'm just letting my body and little girl do their thing. She and I are still doing our work outs and I'm still pretty active even aside from the work outs so I figure that's enough. My Dr said I must have a different concept of pain because she said the contractions that I've been telling her about are clearly doing something. I have all our hospital bags packed and in my car, I cleaned up the house even more yesterday and my back was screaming at me after but the house looks great, just finishing up some laundry I want out of the way and we are ready for our little one to arrive :smile: I go to the hospital tomorrow for another Non-Stress test so we'll see what they say if anything, not sure if they'll want to see if I'm dilated more or what. I'd rather they not come in and say "Soooo we're keeping you because little girl is on her way!" but we'll see!! I really want her to come on Friday but I know she'll come when she wants to. I'm still having people ask if I'm scared or nervous for all the pain and I'm just a strange bird because I am not concerned about it what so ever. I'm actually excited to start feeling the pain because I know that means little one is really coming and I just can't wait to meet her at this point :heart: :heart: I'm more worried about being away from my pups, I so wish they could be there in the hospital with me but luckily our home is only 10 minutes from the hospital so if we need anything or if I want husband to check on the fur babes he can run home and be right back at the hospital :smile:

I think that's all for now!! I'll keep everyone updated in the days to come. Glad to see everyone is doing well and has some very exciting things happening :flowerforyou:
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Thanks for checking in, kat! How exciting!!!

and just a side note...if you ever do want to speed things along...give hubby a little action...that's what worked for me. my water broke the next day. :wink: :laugh:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Hi my loves! Sorry for not checking in, it's crunch time and I've been going, going, going!

As of yesterday at my Dr's appointment I was 2-3cm's dilated. Little girl is due Saturday and if I don't have her before Monday then I go in Monday night to be induced. I'm not doing anything differently to speed things along though, I'm just letting my body and little girl do their thing. She and I are still doing our work outs and I'm still pretty active even aside from the work outs so I figure that's enough. My Dr said I must have a different concept of pain because she said the contractions that I've been telling her about are clearly doing something. I have all our hospital bags packed and in my car, I cleaned up the house even more yesterday and my back was screaming at me after but the house looks great, just finishing up some laundry I want out of the way and we are ready for our little one to arrive :smile: I go to the hospital tomorrow for another Non-Stress test so we'll see what they say if anything, not sure if they'll want to see if I'm dilated more or what. I'd rather they not come in and say "Soooo we're keeping you because little girl is on her way!" but we'll see!! I really want her to come on Friday but I know she'll come when she wants to. I'm still having people ask if I'm scared or nervous for all the pain and I'm just a strange bird because I am not concerned about it what so ever. I'm actually excited to start feeling the pain because I know that means little one is really coming and I just can't wait to meet her at this point :heart: :heart: I'm more worried about being away from my pups, I so wish they could be there in the hospital with me but luckily our home is only 10 minutes from the hospital so if we need anything or if I want husband to check on the fur babes he can run home and be right back at the hospital :smile:

I think that's all for now!! I'll keep everyone updated in the days to come. Glad to see everyone is doing well and has some very exciting things happening :flowerforyou:

HA I just saw something on your profile and thought you had the baby yesterday hahahaha!!! Glad you are doing well!!! Good luck xo
  • ChLoE1130
    Options

and just a side note...if you ever do want to speed things along...give hubby a little action...that's what worked for me. my water broke the next day. :wink: :laugh:

Yep we did that too!!!

Good luck Kat! I'm so excited for you!
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    My moms friends at work said the same thing but the thought of doing that is SO unappealing to me right now, haha. If the hospital doesn't keep me tomorrow I may try a few things. I've been active my whole pregnancy though so there's not much in the line of that I can do. My mom said her last pelvic put her into labor. I'm trying to be more aware of my contractions but it's hard because since they don't hurt I don't think I notice them all, especially when I'm around doing things. They do seem to only be coming regularly when I'm up doing things or like last night when I was doing my work out. For now little one and I are just going about our normal activities!!