• ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Cancer really, really sucks.

So sorry Kim.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Awwww, Kat, you are friggin' adorable....tick tock tick tock...I was surprised they don't make you wait the typical 2 weeks past due date but maybe things have changed. I tried to have sex with Ron the night before inducement. But, he was so "into it" and took forever and I quit. Damn, right, I quit.

I received bad news about my Dad today. He's been not feeling well and has lost a lot of weight quickly. So, of course, he's has cancer. Cancer is mean and the outcome is probably not good. I've imagined him living well into his 80s because he has absolutely nothing else wrong with him. Needless to say, I am sad. It's surreal right now because I just can't imagine him not there.

I almost reached for the beer in the fridge but actually refrained because it really doesn't make it easier or better.

I'm so sorry sweetie, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers :heart: :heart:

Thank you all so much :blushing: :flowerforyou: I'm still feeling pretty great but I am so done being pregnant. The woman today at my Non-stress test was like "well you're definitely having contractions" and I said yeah I've been having them but to me they don't hurt. She said "you could very well be one of those women who end up getting to 10cm's with hardly any pain" I said from your lips to gods ears, haha. She said she's had a few women who come in with no pain and get to where they feel the need to push and she said "but I'm not ready for you to be ready!" We shall see how everything works out! I had one of my favorite drinks today for the first time in over 9 moths because it has hibiscus which has been known to cause labor so I'm going to make a pitcher of it tomorrow and have that. I'm still in no rush but I would love for her to come tomorrow or just before Monday because I'd rather not be induced but I still have some time so.
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Awwww, Kat, you are friggin' adorable....tick tock tick tock...I was surprised they don't make you wait the typical 2 weeks past due date but maybe things have changed.

Ps. I guess they don't like to wait too long these days because apparently placentas go bad and it can cause a high risk for infection. The woman said they've waited until 43 weeks and have seen some pretty bad stuff so now they move things along quicker. I guess my Dr also doesn't make mothers wait long and I'm sure with my little ones umbilical cord issue she wants to be safe.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh Kim!!! I am so so so sorry about your dad!! I am thinking of you and your family and like Syd said anytime you need to talk to vent or anything we are here for you xoxoxoxo

Monday-0
    Tuesday-6oz of wine
    Wednesday-6oz of wine
    Thursday-1 shot of raspberry vodka and 6oz of wine
    Tonight will most likely be a manhattan or two and some wine

We were supposed to go to our nephew's bday party tomorrow BUT we have termites so we have some companies coming out to give us some quotes. We had one last night, I have one this afternoon and 2 tomorrow. Termites SUCK. Seriously we will only be in the house maybe 2 more years and now we have to worry about this...can't wait to see what other issues we come across before and while selling the house.....home ownership is overrated :wink:
  • wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,170 Member
    Options
    Kim - I am also so sorry to hear about your dad. That really does suck. Sending positive thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    So sorry Kim. :flowerforyou:

Kat, hopefully you will get through relatively pain free! Thinking about you!

Hi to everyone else!

I had a much needed 0 last night. Slept great. Tonight is dinner at a place we've never been. They have 3 sizes for each menu choice: bite, appetizer, and entree portion, so I'm excited about that. Then we go to the ballet. It's been a bit since we've had a date night (other than the family party last weekend, but I don't count that.....).

Have a great weekend all!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I caved last night...

Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday- 1 beer (312)
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Kim, I am so sorry about your dad! Sending prayers your way for you and your family. Cancer is the devil.
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Kim sending you positive energy and thoughts. We don't use the "C" word in our house because my husband tears up every time he hears about someone being diagnosed. He is a survivor and he just wishes everyone were as lucky as he was.

Kat sending you positive energy cuz you are gonna need it soon enough when she finally gets here.

No zero's around here.
    :angry: I just can't seem to get one.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    so, sorry, Kim! Cancer took my dad in October (he was 61) and he was otherwise healthy too, felt so unfair! My thoughts are with you and your family.

We finished Top of the Lake and it was pretty good, the end was just sort of waiting for the main character to figure out what the viewing audience had known for awhile but there were some other exciting bits and a few loose ends.

Maybe we will get to Orange is the new Black tomorrow...

Thursday=3 drinks
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Oh that reminds me...we finish True Detective last night. I really enjoyed it, but the finale kind left me a little flat?! Hard to explain. It was a very entertaining 8 episodes though.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Hi Lushes..thanks for all the good wishes and kind thoughts. I know that many of you have lost parents and I guess it's just my turn. I am flying out on Wednesday and plan to stay over the weekend. We will find out more tomorrow when he meet with the doc.

My stress levels are thru the roof right now especially with this house and getting all the financing together, picking out stuff and everything else that goes with it. Plus, getting this house ready to sell is overwhelming to say the least.

I didn't even get an interview for job I applied for which might be good outcome considering everything.

Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 0
    Wednesday, 0
    Thursday, 0
    Friday, I lushed a whole bottle of wine last night and 2 vodka sodas.

Tonight is bowling and all I want to do is stay home.
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Great job on the zeros Kim- especially with the stress levels you are under. I wish some of your self discipline would rub off on me. :drinker:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Let's see....

Friday I had 3 wines at dinner, 3 wines at the ballet (they spaced intermissions perfectly....I finished a glass, it was intermission time....) and then I had a beer in the hot tub at home.

Saturday I probably had 6 glasses of wine and a tiny vodka cocktail.

I had a cocktail yestserday.

Slept hot last night which is uaully my body's way of telling me I'm drinking too much. So need to rack up some zeros.

Tonight my team plays in the national championship, so I may need to drink. We have a lot on the schedule this weekend so that means 0's would be even more appreciated this week.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
    Thursday- 1 beer (312)
    Friday- 1 Amstel light and 6 oz red
    Saturday- 1 bud light limearita, 5 oz white and a 312
    Sunday- about 24 oz of draft miller light, 10 oz of red and an Amstel light

My goal was only to drink 3 days so that beer on Thursday ruined that and the other goal was not to have more than 3 and yesterday I had about 5. But I am still proud of myself. I'm going to try these goals again this week.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    I drank A LOT this weekend.
    Friday-1 beer, 4 manhattans and wine
    Saturday-5 1/2 beers
    Sunday-1 beer, several vodkas and a big glass of wine

Gonna go with a few zeros this week. I'm hurting a little today!!!
  • bgrune131
    Options
    Kate, I'm with you in that boat!! I drank tons this weekend as well!

Friday - 4 beers & a bottle of wine....
    Saturday - 7-8 beers
    Sunday - 3 beers

Tonight - Thursday will be all 0's!!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Oh that reminds me...we finish True Detective last night. I really enjoyed it, but the finale kind left me a little flat?! Hard to explain. It was a very entertaining 8 episodes though.

I think a lot of people felt that way, that in the end they went for "Disney ending" that wasn't really true to the characters...

We did watch 4 episodes of Orange is the New Black and it's ok. I do think the main character is annoying and not a great actor, but it's watchable.

GoT was back, we watched i after going out todinner and Mike's show at comedy works.
    Friday=3 drinks
    Saturday=2 drinks
    Sunday=7 drinks

I am also going to try for three nights of drinking this week!
  • bgrune131
    Options
    Amy, that ending to True Detective was definitely not what I wanted. I think they really could've wrapped it up without having the pointless ending that they had. I hope next season's is better! Also, Orange is the New Black is one of my favorites! I loved it! I cannot wait until June when I can watch season 2! It is a little sad how addicted I am to shows...lol.
  • Kat120285
    Options
    Hi all, it is with the heaviest of hearts that I type this, Kyle and I lost our little girl. We went to the hospital early this morning because baby wasn't moving and they didn't find a heartbeat. Ended up that she had a clot in her umbilical cord. She was absolutely perfect and I didn't think it was possible to love someone you never met, so much :heart: :heart:

If I don't post for a little while I haven't disappeared. I'll be around.

Thank you all so much for being there for my pregnant journey :heart: