Like Minded Lushes - April 2014

Options

Replies

• wolf23
    wolf23 Posts: 4,172 Member
    Options
    Kat - I am typing this through tears, I can not imagine how you must be feeling. Sending you and your family hugs. I do not know what else to say.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh Kat...I am so incredibly sorry. I too am at a loss for words. I will be keeping you in my thought and prayers. Hugs to you.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Oh my god...I am devastated for you. I will be thinking and praying for you and your family.
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    :cry:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Oh kat...I have no words. I am sooooo very sorry.:cry:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Kat, I am so sorry for your loss. You are in my thoughts and I will send healing energies your way. We will always be here for you. ALWAYS!
    :cry:

P.S. I am sitting here eating lunch at work with tears streaming down my face. I feel like you are a part of my family. I wish I had more to say. Take care, take your time, and comeback when you can. We will be waiting with open hearts and arms. ( and a drink or two if you need it)
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    I rode the bike today and got all teary as well. I know that's kat's favorite way to exercise....

I hope you're able to read this at some point kat, and can feel how much we all care for you. (((hugs)))
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Kat, I am so incredibly sorry for your loss. I am at a loss for words. My heart is completely broken for you. Sending lots of love and prayers your way during this beyond hard time! :cry:
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    From the bottom of Kyle's, mine and Lily's hearts, thank you. It means so very much. You're all like family to me as well and I sincerely love you all :heart: :heart:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    My heart breaks for you, Kat! :heart: words cannot convey...
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I had a large drink last night. I wasn't going to, but felt really kind of bummed about Kat, Len was pretty bummed when I told him too. Its just such a sad thing :cry:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    I had a zero Monday, last night I had one Zaya. I don't really feel much like drinking. Only 2 weeks until vacation. The weather is beautiful today. I need to get off my butt and clean. I need to get off my butt and work in the yard.

I hope I can convince myself to get off my butt:laugh:

I hope my lushes are doing as well as they can.

We are a tough loving group that can help each other through anything.

I love you lushes!!!!!!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Work has been ****ty lately....hoping to close a HUGE deal this week...its been a long time coming!!!

Rough day yesterday so Len and I went for a walk and stopped at the brew pub in the way home....and I proceeded to have 3 rather strong beers, wings and soft pretzels. I needed it. I needed the distraction from the norm. It was nice! I do feel kind of sleepy today, which is kind of weird...I mean I drank a crap ton of vodka sunday and felt decent monday but 3 beers and I'm loopy :huh: Oh well. Not sure about tonight. Think I'll try and log a zero.
    The weather has been so nice this week. Today being the nicest of them, so we will hit the trail again tonight!

Hope Kat is doing as well as possible.

Kim-how's your daddy??
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Hey lushes. I hope you are all doing well. Kat I've been thinking about you. :flowerforyou: Hope you are doing as well as can be expected.

I've been doing okay this week. Had a beer at dinner Monday, then 2 glasses of wine, and a cocktail while watching the game. Cats lose.

Tuesday I had a 0 and was trying not to drink till Friday, but I was off yesterday, it was so nice, we were hanging out in the backyard, so I made a grapefruit vodka and Sprite zero and then muddled some blackberries and honey and shook it with some regular vodka and a little Sprite zero. It was yummy. But I stopped at 2! Hopefully tonight will be a 0. I'm in a challenge with my sister and I'm only supposed to drink 4 nights a week; max 4 drinks for a weeknight and 5 for a weekend for a max of 19 drinks a week. We'll see how it goes.....
  • SoCalWoman
    Options
    Thinking about you, Kat. You too, kim. :flowerforyou:

I'm in a slump. Just cant seem to get it together and it's showing up on the scale. Up 4 pounds :grumble:
    I know what I need to do. Let's see if I can pull it together.
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I have not been able to stop thinking about you Kat...I hope you are doing as well as you could be :cry:

Monday- 5 oz of white at lunch, a 312 in the afternoon and 10 oz of white while watching shows (I had the day off)
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0

Going for a zero tonight. Was hoping for 4 zeroes, but I'm not gonna kid myself I will probably drink Fri, Sat, and Sun.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I have a huge lump in my throat and tears welling up as I read this. I have no words to soften and no physical hug for you. I am deeply, deeply sorry for this loss. Take care of yourself and know that you are loved by many.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Last night two large vodka and sprites...6oz total!

Tonight we are going to a comedy show with my parents, brother and SIL for a fund raiser. I had intended on leaving work early to get to my parents early to have dinner and catch a ride, now I am just trying to get out of work in order to make it to the show!!!
    Tomorrow we have our niece's 5th bday party. I am DD so I'll take it easy during the day but make no promises for when we get home!!

Have a great weekend
    xo
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    :heart: I love you all so much. Your kind words, love and support mean the world to me. I went in little girl's room today for the first time since she's been gone and it was crushing. I'll go in often though now because it makes me feel close to her :heart: I miss her so unbelievably much. Whether or not it's the main reason, losing her has brought our whole family so much closer and though Kyle and I have always been close, we haven't been this close in a long time. I hate that it took losing my little girl to bring us all closer and make us realize certain things but that was apparently part of the universes plan for her and I won't let her memory ever fade :heart: :heart: We set up a memorial fund for her which will be turned into an ongoing foundation in her name so people can donate and then Kyle and I will choose charities to give money to in her name. I would give anything to hold her again but at this point I just want her home. She was to be cremated today so hopefully she'll be home for the first time very soon. Thank you all so much for being here for me, it helps so much ='}
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Kat - your strength through this unbelievably hard time is very inspirational to me. You show great courage and compassion. What an amazing couple you are! :flowerforyou: