Like Minded Lushes - April 2014

Options

Replies

• kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Had two margaritas last night. "working" for home today...but really gonna clean the house for Saturday. I'm sure there will some kind of drinking tonight.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I have an appointment from 1 to 5 today to pick out new colors for the new house. I am sure to be brain-fried by the end. Here's a pic of the model if anyone is interested.

http://www.ryland.com/find-your-new-home/14-twin-cities/4813-bailey-lake/24025-cambridge.html#elevation=Cambridge+B

Monday - 4 vodka sodas/bottle of wine
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 0
    Thursday - 0
    Friday - 0
    Satuarday - 0
    Sunday - Champagne lushiness - Jesus will be proud
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Wow! Beautiful house! I have been obsessed with HGTV lately and want to make all these changes to my house! Almost makes me wonder if we should just move :wink:

Monday- 5oz white
    Tuesday- 5oz white
    Wednesday- miller lite

I'll probably drink everyday this week, today is my Friday!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Really nice looking place! All those decisions would fry my brain too! I've been trying to decide on flooring in the kitchen since we moved in 5 years ago and I thought I wanted tile but my mom got laminate and likes it very much, my sister said she wouldn't do tile again. Now we are just looking at vinyl...
    Wednesday=1 drink
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Love the house Kim- nice open lay out!

Asj- I agree with your sister about the tile. We had it in our old house. The grout tends to get stained even if you seal it. We put hardwoods in out new house (kitchen) and vinyl in the bathrooms.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Well....not all 0's as planned, but not too bad.

M - 0
    T - a cocktail because we had to pay $2,000 in taxes. :angry:
    W - three cocktails because I was off, it was sunny, and my husband went out for drinks with a friend. So there.

And then I went to the dr. today and we decided to do a full physical, including bloodwork which I have not had done in probably 3-4 years.

It's going to be really nice tonight. I'll probably end up drinking..... I can still keep it under 19 no problem. I just need to keep my drinking in check over the weekend.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Pretty house, kim! so exciting.

I had some red wine last night..probably the same tonight. I'm moderating well this week and getting a lot done with the house in escrow... so I feel pretty good.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Well I intended to drink last night, but I called Eric on the way home from my circuits class after work to see if he wanted me to get wine. He was frustrated with the kid and said he wasn't drinking. OK??..... SO I came home, realized there was about 1/4 bottle of riesling my friend left Saturday, so poured it after dinner. Drank maybe half and couldn't stomach the rest. I really don't like sweet wine. So I ate some of my daughter's Easter candy instead.

M - 0
    T - 1
    W - 3
    R - 0.5

Not a bad week. And it if affecting my weight loss in a good way so I'm going to try to keep it up. Happy Friday!
  • amysj303
    Options
    I have not eaten any Easter Candy, how is this possible?! I used to eat the middle of the cadbury egg with a baby spoon before enjoying the chocolate shell!
    Last night I had the 3 beers I accounted for.
    Sunday=0 drinks
    Monday=3.5 drinks
    Tuesday=0 drinks
    Wednesday=1 drink
    Thursday=3 drinks

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • amysj303
    Options

We owed too, sucks:grumble:
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options

We owed too, sucks:grumble:

What really sucks is the only reason we paid is that we just moved some mutual funds into a better fund with a new bank (but had to sell shares). So we didn't even really get that extra income the IRS says we got. Well I mean we've made money, but nothing we are seeing now. Boo.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I have not eaten any Easter Candy, how is this possible?! I used to eat the middle of the cadbury egg with a baby spoon before enjoying the chocolate shell!

I literally LOLed.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I guess I'll go run so I don't start drinking before 5:00.....
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I guess I'll go run so I don't start drinking before 5:00.....

Haha I was just telling myself the same thing but it's not even 2 here :embarassed:
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I had an afternoon beer then took a two mile walk....I'd say that's a success!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Gary - we went with the rambler or ranch because of the single level layout. We are getting old and the stairs will be a pain in the *kitten*. Right now, we are in a four-level split.

Amy - I agree with Gary on the tile as a no go. It's cold, expensive to lay and the grout does get old. We are only putting tile on the shower walls and surrounding the tub. We are putting LVT on the bathroom floors because tile is cold in the winter. The mud room is getting it because it is cheaper than tile and looks just as elegant. LVT is Luxury Vinyl tile which looks like tile and has grouting in-between. Maybe that would work for you.

OK, so yesterday was day 3 of no drinking and I was josin' until 1 in the morning tossing and turning and battling a cold. I called work and asked for a low-census day which I was able to get. I will not make the same mistake - 4 glasses of wine tonight.

Oh, and I attacked the Easter candy this evening...
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Wow! Beautiful house! I have been obsessed with HGTV lately and want to make all these changes to my house! Almost makes me wonder if we should just move :wink:

Property Brothers :smokin:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Lastly, just wanted to let Kat know that I am still thinking about you and the board is not the same :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Thu - 2 drinks
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Hi lushes. I am going with tile in my kitchen that looks like wood. I have to go that way because of all the water and the dogs. the laminate didn't hold up well to the water around our doors.

I have been drinking every night. It will stop after vacation. on Wednesday winging my way across the country. our son Alex is flying up to house/dog sit since he isn't working right now.

So much to do today to get ready for him to come. there will be alcohol to help me get thru the cleaning. :grumble: