Like Minded Lushes - April 2014

Options

Replies

• nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Bridget - not sure if you have any steroid nasal spray but it rocks as far as nasal drip is concerned.

Zippo - nice on the Lent give up!!

Mama - I hope the soul is soothed. I wish I were going on vacation with you.

Gary - ouch on the 5...I am sure it's temporary

I did kettlebells yesterday and my body hurts. It's supposed to be a good pain, right?

Lot's of little things to get done today - more painting, 2 to 2.5 mile run, cleaning, cleaning, cleaning :grumble:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Oh, and I had 5 vodkas last night. Tonight, I am hoping for a zero because I really need one.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Four beers last night.
    Probably drinking a little bit tonight, little tomorrow and then I am off to upstate New York to visit my family. My sister just suggested going to some wineries, so that will be fun. I have only been to one up there, across the street from my mom's house is the vineyard that made Arbor Mist (much like Boone's Farm). They actually had some ok reds, but they're specialty is called "ice wine" Red Cat and White Cat and it is fizzy and sweet:noway:
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I am feeling so much better! Went to the Y tonight and worked out for 50 minutes!! Then sat in the sauna for about 20 minutes...and I think that helped a ton! Now if I could just get a full night's sleep without waking up....that would be so fantastic!!!

So happy tomorrow is Thursday....going to dinner with one of my girlfriends and then going to go on a walk when I get home. Possibly have a beer at dinner, or maybe not. Then Friday I hope I'm 100% better and ready to go eat some pizza and have some beers with my hubs!!
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 5 vodka/sodas
    Wednesday, 0

YAY

Glad that you are feeling better Briget...
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    M - 0
    T - glass of wine at dinner, 1/2 bottle of rose', vodka with ginger beer = 4
    W - 3 glasses of wine and a cocktail

I'm sort of feeling the drinks today. I'm a little sleepy. Definitely a 0 tonight, and hopefully moderate the rest of the weekend.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Monday-0
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0...even though we were this [] close to stopping in at the brewpub on our walk, BUT we didn't.
    Thursday-I am going for another zero, then tomorrow will be manhattans and pizza with SIL!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    M - 0
    T - glass of wine at dinner, 1/2 bottle of rose', vodka with ginger beer = 4
    W - 3 glasses of wine and a cocktail

I'm sort of feeling the drinks today. I'm a little sleepy. Definitely a 0 tonight, and hopefully moderate the rest of the weekend.

I forgot about the tiny cocktail and beer I had at the show. I think I had more like 2 glasses of wine total. I'll call it a 4 for last night.....:drinker:
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I am having a lushy week....

Monday-10 oz of white
    Tuesday-10 oz of red
    Wednesday-5 oz red

I will probably be continuing the lushiness through the weekend and we have a wedding Saturday and my mom is keeping the baby over night while we go to the reception and we got a hotel room, so no driving. But, I do not want to get too out of control because we have to get ready for our trip next week and I don't wanna be hungover.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Monday, 0
    Tuesday, 5 vodka/sodas
    Wednesday, 0

Thursday, 0
    ^^^^ for tonight

Tomorrow, I have to be across town for 8 hours of computer training. I am sure to want to die of boredom. I've been applying for new jobs here and there. Yesterday was for RN quality assurance for a Hospice provider. Today, I might apply for a company that manages disability claims. People are leaving our unit left and right, it's crazy - a lot of the core staff that have been there for years and years.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    0-Mon
    0-Tues
    0-Wed

been a long time since that's happened. I may try for another 0 tonight but I have a dentist appointment today...I hate the dentist...so may end up having some wine tonight.

Tomorrow is the big birthday I've been dreading. I hated 30 and loved 40. This one (to use a phrase I may have before) sucks hairy donkey balls. But I have fun plans...my favorite spa/resort in Palm Springs. The husband already booked a facial and 60 minute massage for me. I'm sure there will be lots of food and lushing. I wish I was 10 pounds lighter for the ol bathing suit...but it is what it is :grumble: I'm still looking forward to lounging in the desert sun by the pool with my book and cocktail. They usually have very cute cabana boys as well. :wink:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    uh, oh - *cougar alert*

:drinker: :drinker: Happy Birthday Ms. Syndey:drinker: :drinker:
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! I am less than two years away from 40...

Wednesday=2 drinks
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Have a great birthday Sydney!
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Syd, Celebrating in your honor having spent the morning by the pool with drinks in hand. I love being on vacation. Tomorrow we are doing adventure zip lining. on is a free fall like bungy thing, one is a roller coaster zip line, one is a deep tandum plunge line where you can race your partner and I don't remember the last. Yes I am terrified but I do this for my husband. we start the day with a horse back ride so that I am happy. Saturday we are doing the space center and sunday we are doing
    Aquatica. Monday we drive south, tuesday moring is the airboat in the everglades and then it is on to Key west. Love to all my lushes and I will check in as I can.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I almost caved last night, but did not. Yay me!

M - 0
    T - 4
    W - 5
    R - 0
    I've got 10 drinks left for the weekend. I usually don't drink on Sundays, but my favorite art fair of the year is on Sunday and they have good wine so....nothing like a litlte art and wine. Which means I need to moderate tonight. We have a wedding recption Saturday, but not sure what the booze situation will be. Have a great weekend lushes!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Well, I totally got *kitten* faced last night.....
    Len and I went to the brewpub after our walk. Had 3 beers then opened a 1.5 liter bottle of wine at home and, yeah, drank the whole friggin thing....always seems like a good idea at the time BUT doesn't seem so good right now...BLEH! I am HUNGOVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Stopped at wawa to get a soft pretzel....needed CARBS!!!!
    SIL is coming up tonight, which I am very excited for. I hate when Len goes away but his sister is a great alternative. We are gonna have a BLAST!! Now time for some advil and more coffee!!!
    Happy friday!!!

p.s. I'm missing Kat. I hope she is well!!! :flowerforyou:
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    thanks for the bday wishes everyone! I drank last night...an entire bottle of wine :noway:
    the husband has given me a spa package that includes a facial and a 60 min massage that I will be using.
    we may take the aerial tram up to the mountain 8500 feet (the desert floor is 90 degrees but its in the 40's up there) lots of hiking trails and beautiful scenery.
    but for the most part my plans will include lounging by the pool with a cocktail next to me. :drinker:
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Where is everybody :happy:
    Hope everyone had a great weekend, I sure did!!!
    SIL in came up friday we had manhattans and pizza and beer (3 manhattans and 1 beer)
    Saturday was outrageous and super duper lushy.....screw driver while getting ready to walk over to the movie tavern, then a pineapple vodka roadie, 3 margaritas at the movie, 3 pineapple martinis and 2 margaritas. When we got home, we finished the pineapple vodka, then had a vodka tonic. I was soooo surprised when I woke up yesterday morning and felt pretty damn good.
    When Len got home we bottled our sunday funday beer and had 3 beers.
    It was just all around a fabulous weekend. AND I feel great today....can't remember the last time I didn't feel like *kitten* on a monday, WOOHOO!!!!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    I was pretty lushy this weekend too. Went to happy hour at a co-worker's brother's new brewery by our house Friday. I had 2 pints. Then stopped for a bottle of wine on the way home and had a couple glasses. Then had some red wine. Saturday we had a super busy day. Zoo, yard work, birthday party, wedding reception. I had a glass of champagne while killing time between birthday party and reception. Then had a couple vodka crans and then 2 glasses of merlot at the reception. Then drank half bottle of wine by the fire bowl. Yesterday had a white wine roadie (like this term Katie!) on the way to the art fair. Had a tiny glass of wine there and 2 beers, Then 3 glasses of wine at home and fell asleept at 9:30. I'm doing a semi-mini fast today. Juicing for lunch and probably more juice or a protein shake for dinner, so definitely no booze. Derby is Saturday so I'll be getting drunk for sure. Friday is Oaks day, so drinks will be had. Maybe I'll shoot for 0's till Friday......Maybe......It is Derby week in Louisville so it's like a party.