Daily Check In

Options
screwmenopause
screwmenopause Posts: 170 Member
Morning gals!
just trying to clean you the group topics a bit. point well taken to have one (or two :) ) topics to keep things cohesive and not lose each other (I lose my mind daily - so I don't want to lose you gal!). This topic would be a great way for us to check in daily and inspire each other, chat about our day, etc.
I am going to delete all topic cept check in and introduce yourself to keep it simple. hope this makes sense. I love the chatter already THANK YOU SO MUCH for your support ladies!

Me today - walk for 90 minutes...it's a bit chilly here but the sun will be out (yeah!)
will plan my eats to get a good overview of calories (helps to keep me honest)
may have to calculate in some wine for tonight :)
short and sweet....off to take my daughter to school in a few.
more later
Jill

Replies

• screwmenopause
    Options
    I am also curious what everyone eats.... ideas for great low cal protein (it fills me up), snack ideas, what do you put in your greek yogurt, etc. Always looking for ways to enjoy eating and keep my calories in check.
    I did munch on some Gimme Seaweed yesterday. A little fishy tasting, but a satisfying salt aspect and very crunchy.
    I did discover that greek yogurt with almonds fills me up.
  • Nillalis
    Nillalis Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Morning girls.
    Sunny and almost warm day here in Sweden. Just finished my lunch after a early yoga class and feel pretty good.
    Todays adventure is to go try on shoes (I'm on a break from work that will start up this fall again). I think my feet are wide but now I'm not sure if they are wide or just been fat. so plan is go try shoes on, different ones, just to see how they fit. i always been a sneaker person cause here in Sweden stores are so poor when it comes to carrying different wide shoes.

About snacks that fills up. I have discovered that protein supplements is a great way to keep my protein up eat few calories and yes to eat something tasty as a snack. i don't eat it as to build muscles but i do eat it to not loose too much muscles while loosing fat. this is what i eat.

Qeust bars (brownie, chocolate cookie chunks and cocoanut are favourites) is about 190 calories and 20 g of protein so 1/2 of that with a cup of coffee feels like I'm cheating ;) but i know I'm not.

then a diet protein powder i have is only 90 calories for 1 scoop and it mixed to a smoothie with water and a cup of frozen raspberries is so delicious and keeps me full for a long time. i also got the tip to mix that scoop with greek yoghurt and put in freezer for a bit and wow thats supposed to be a protein ice cream soft served. gonna try that when back home in june.

have a nice day. Lis
  • simbersea
    simbersea Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies,
    I saw the thread and had to join the group. I'm 48, menopausal. Been doing the hot flashes for 2 years now. They seriously suck. I went from always being cold, to layering even in the middle of winter :)

Weight loss has been slooooow. I started in December, and its been averaging about 1/2 lb per week. But I figure its still progress.

I have definitely found that carbs are a big problem. On the days I go overboard on carbs, even if I stay in my calorie range, I wont lose weight. So protein and veggies for me. Greek yogurt is my new best friend. I have it for breakfast daily with berries (low carb fruit).

It will be nice to meet people in the same boat and get new ideas to fight the middle age frump :)
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I had a late start this am my grandson spent the night. He is out to breakfast with his dad and will be back soon. I managed to get a workout in and sweat my butt off. Loved it. It is wet and rainy and we are stuck inside for the 4th day in a row. I miss getting up and going to the park for my morning walk. My grandson will be here all day and spend the night again so I will be in and out of here. Off to make my protein shake and get in the shower Have a great day ladies and smile.
  • jcas23
    jcas23 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi. I have been snacking on sliced apples with cinnamon and a tsp of peanut butter. Or sometimes I use carrot sticks instead.
    It is crunchy and satisfying.
  • screwmenopause
    Options
    then a diet protein powder i have is only 90 calories for 1 scoop and it mixed to a smoothie with water and a cup of frozen raspberries is so delicious and keeps me full for a long time. i also got the tip to mix that scoop with greek yoghurt and put in freezer for a bit and wow thats supposed to be a protein ice cream soft served. gonna try that when back home in june.

thanks Lis! I love the soft serve idea - sounds tasty!
  • screwmenopause
    Options
    I have definitely found that carbs are a big problem. On the days I go overboard on carbs, even if I stay in my calorie range, I wont lose weight. So protein and veggies for me. Greek yogurt is my new best friend. I have it for breakfast daily with berries (low carb fruit).

welcome! yeah, those carbs can be nasty. I read this awhile back ...."for every gram of carbohydrate consumed, approximately 3 grams of water is stored in the body". ugh! no wonder wine makes me bloat(!)
    I love Greek yogurt too - filling!
  • screwmenopause
    Options
    Hi. I have been snacking on sliced apples with cinnamon and a tsp of peanut butter. Or sometimes I use carrot sticks instead.
    It is crunchy and satisfying.
    great idea! thanks
  • WorkingonmeAliG
    WorkingonmeAliG Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Just got back from my final post op appointment and have been given the go ahead for lifting and cardio.
    I am really looking forward to getting my body back in shape!
    Today is a 45 minute walk and a 35 minute les mills pump video, as well as planting part of my veggie garden. I hope we had our last freeze with the snow we had earlier this week in Colorado. :glasses:
    I am so impressed with the ladies who have dropped weight. I can't wait to hear what you are eating.

My breakfast was 1 whole egg and 1 egg white and a bagel thin with 1tsp real butter.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Had one whole egg, egg whites, homemade salsa, some avocado and melon for breakfast. I'm going to lift today so I'll have a protein shake after.
    I'm going in for my annual check up next week so I'd like to drop a couple more pounds before then. I put a few back on over Spring Break and birthday getaways.
  • screwmenopause
    Options
    Just got back from my final post op appointment and have been given the go ahead for lifting and cardio.
    I am really looking forward to getting my body back in shape!

glad you received the green light! :flowerforyou:
  • screwmenopause
    Options
    just made an awesome (well I think so) salad - had a similar one from whole foods the other day.

4-5 fresh (not cooked) zucchini shaved in long slices ( a bit labor intensive but worth it)
    toss with a little olive oil and a handful of arugula or mini kale
    then a sprinkle of low fat shredded mozzarella cheese
    a little garlic salt and salt to taste = YUMMMMMMY!

this is my new go to salad...it's pretty, low fat and crunchy (for when I wan to munch)
  • Nillalis
    Options
    think I'm gonna add that (shavings of zucchini) to my regular tuna and cottage cheese with lettuce, baby spinach and sprout lunch.
    that lunch is among the highest in protein with low calories that i like to eat. about 350 calories and a whopping 58 grams of protein.
  • sab1157
    sab1157 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon from Georgia. After the rain on Thursday, today is cool and breezy. Made my walk to and from the gym really nice. My walk to the gym is usually 25 minutes, then work out for 30-40, then a 20 minute walk back (take a different route). Had my usual two cups of coffee, and ate about 1/4 cup of cashews pre-workout. After arriving home, was absolutely starving, so had a big green salad with tuna salad on top. Yummy and filling.

Heading to Asheville, NC tomorrow for a long weekend with a girl friend. Hoping to watch my carb intake , except for the wine drinking. :-) Will make sure to keep my pedometer on so I can get in at least the daily 10,000. Not sure if I will check in here or not, so y'all have a great weekend.
  • screwmenopause
    Options
    Not sure if I will check in here or not, so y'all have a great weekend.
    you too! make it a great one!:love:
  • jreneecal
    jreneecal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Looks like I'm going to get all kinds of great tips and I'm going to have to "raise" the bar on what I eat or embarrass myself. Lately my favorite snacks are peanut butter and crackers and granola bars. I have a desk job so getting enough exercise is a challenge. Until this week my co worker and I were walking to the post office at lunch but now that it's 87/90 degrees I'm going to force myself on the elliptical before and/or after work.
  • screwmenopause
    Options
    think I'm gonna add that (shavings of zucchini) to my regular tuna and cottage cheese with lettuce, baby spinach and sprout lunch.
    that lunch is among the highest in protein with low calories that i like to eat. about 350 calories and a whopping 58 grams of protein.
    It is yummy! I found another recipe that added corn. I added a little chicken to it the other day for some protein power.
  • screwmenopause
    Options
    WELCOME JRENNCAL! YOU CAN DO IT GIRLIE! ALL FOR ONE ONE FOR ALL! :love:
  • screwmenopause
    Options
    HAPPY SATURDAY!
    It's been a great couple days for me. Never ever thought I would be counting calories...but it actually makes it easy with MFP, keeps me in check, and if I record everything (which I have been)...it makes me feel great! small things excite me-lol. Had 4 mini chocolate covered pretzels yesterday (keeping it real - that was exciting too for the 2 minute munch) - my first "treat". I recorded them (pat myself on the head here :) ) still only ate 1400 calories. whew! though I am not going to make treats an everyday thing.
    So tempted to jump on the scale. though I know it will be water weight lost so far. sometimes that scale can be so nasty. you feel awesome, successful...you jump on the scale...and BAM - it hasn't budged. so I will be patient and wait til Monday :) it don't want to mess up the good mental attitude I have going.
    starting back at weights next week and going to mix in pilates. Anyone do pilates?
    Going for a run this morning. try to burn my calorie goal in a shorter amount of time. I love walking, but it take so long.
    I WISH EVERYONE A WONDERFUL SATURDAY!
    KEEP FOCUSED! IT'S A JOURNEY!
    jill
  • Nillalis
    Options
    just finished a 90 min hot yoga class ang then about 45 min walk there and home. feels good. I tried the Pilates but it doesn't give me what i need the most atm. what i need is getting my stiff body to be less stiff so more of stretching in different yoga position and the hot yoga does that. Wish i could run too but might be able to after i got my body slowly in a lot better shape as for now long brisk walks will have to do. listening to a good book while walking helps.

Treats is most likely what MFP really helps with for me. doing treats in moderation and to get them included in my calorie goal is something i wouldn't be able to do without MFP. i used to think ill just have one cookie when at friends but then others ate and i did too. now i am open about it pick my phone up record it and simply announce nope can't have more today as then i can't have dinner.
    And that cookie is included so my mind doesn't go. well girly you cheated once already today so why not cheat some more and then next day. girly you cheated yesterday how about some more sweets today and so it went on and one cookie could destroy several weeks. now that cookie is included so no guilt no cheat and back on track same day.
    :happy: