Daily Check In

Options

Replies

• screwmenopause
    screwmenopause Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    HAPPY HUMP DAY ALL!
    day off today - my calves/shins need a rest from walking. tomorrow back at it and weights too.
    it's been a week and I feel fab! will not weigh in til the 2 week mark. afraid if i look at the scale now and it doesn't read what i expect, (cause i feel so go) i will be bummed. funny how a number can affect you - lol. i hide the scale :love:

short and sweet....HAVE A GREAT DAY!
  • Peppah7
    Peppah7 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! and welcome to our new friends!

Looking forward to a great day! I have boot camp class today after work at 6:00 pm & should see a few of my friends there, so that's exciting. Also looking forward to Memorial day weekend spending with 2 other families in Cocoa Beach, FL (about 2 hours North of me) now that will be a challenge keeping my eating & drinking in check! Definitely looking forward to some time away from work & some FUN!!! :glasses:

I've seen several of you mention Greek yogurt. Would love some feedback on what are your preferred brands and what you like put in it...

Still chugging away. Hope y'all are having a spectacular day!

Happy hump day!!! :heart: karen
  • dmariet116
    dmariet116 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Today is my last day off. Back to work tomorrow night. I did have a great day today! I am so glad to have found you all and so look forward to your posts!

Keep up the good work ladies!
  • jreneecal
    jreneecal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Had a good day today, got a walk in at lunchtime and had enough calories left over that I could squeeze dessert in tonight. Yah!
  • screwmenopause
    Options

I've seen several of you mention Greek yogurt. Would love some feedback on what are your preferred brands and what you like put in it...

Still chugging away. Hope y'all are having a spectacular day!

Happy hump day!!! :heart: karen

hi Karen - I love either chobini or wallaby plain non fat greek yogurt. I have been putting blueberries and a few almonds in it and its tasty :)
    "Chugging away" - that's how I am feeling too today - not that great of a day so far (though its only 8am :( ) but hoping to make it a better one. :)
    jill
  • screwmenopause
    Options
    THURSDAY :flowerforyou:
    almost Friday...trying to get there. going for a long walk soon - need it - feeling a bit crabby- argh.
    I need to stay focused today cause I can feel my motivation fading a little. didn't workout yesterday cause of my heel, so perhaps that's why I am feeling this way? or is it menopause? - lol I need a sunshine pep me up :laugh:
    wishing everyone a terrific Thursday! will check back in soon and see if I can transform this mood :noway:
  • jreneecal
    jreneecal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Have a fantastic day everyone! Hope to be able to walk at lunch and push myself to do some exercise on the elliptical this evening! Walking always seems to lift my spirits.
  • screwmenopause
    Options
    Walking always seems to lift my spirits.
    DITTO! I was a bit down earlier this morning I just returned from an awesome run/walk ( I walk a block and then run a block). the crisp air, the sunshine....BAM! it did the trick! onto my day with a happy heart! :heart:
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Hi all: Headed to town to get a bone density test for a donation to the local Women's Shelter. It's been a little while since I last checked but very strong dense bones then, hoping nothing has changed. I had a busy day yesterday; I am a study participant in the BC Generations Project which is a study of health, aging, disease following about 24,000 people over the course of their adult life. Yesterday was time for more samples to be taken at the lab and another questionnaire to be filled out. I DID warn the gal that the techs tend to stick me right through my veins and I just bruise because of leakage, so don't be quite as 'firm' with the needle. She says, "Oh, OK" and then goes ahead and does that very thing... grrrr. Took 3 vials out of that arm, and then decides she'd better switch arms as there will be too much bruising (I don't actually bleed much outside the skin - there was just a teeny dot). Soooo, this time she decides to use a finer needle (Thank you, lady) to take the other three vials, which worked quite well. That and a urine sample. I'm not sure when the study will end, but I hope I'm around to see the results.
    Then off to do errands...I had a lovely NSV yesterday, the women at the Curves where I am the Avon rep, ooohed and aaahed over me yesterday, telling me I should be modelling (thanks ladies, been there, done that, in my younger days) - I think it helped that I was all dressed up to go to town, makeup & hair done, and had my tall wedgies on, making me 6'. Six feet and 133 lbs looks modelish, lol, especially to the 5' gals.
  • sab1157
    sab1157 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Got in a nice walk this morning. For the first time in months, I have logged my food/beverages. Well, at least breakfast. :smile:

I have been eating Fate Greek yogurt lately. I can usually find it marked down a bit at our local Kroger. Also like Chobani.

Have a wonderful Thursday! You ladies are awesome!
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I posted on how reading here has really inspired me to try harder, and not let menopause win this battle. I have fought too long and hard. I did what I set out to do. Limited my evening eating to what I logged (plus a 60 cal oatmeal cookie) and curbed the salt and carbs a bit. And this morning I lot 3 pounds of bloat from yesterday. And I feel it. I am going to try again tonight.
  • screwmenopause
    Options
    sprintto50 - WTG! baby steps - they all add up :love:
    canadjineh - good luck w the bone density test. the 'study' sounds very cool. ....slap the nurse the next time! :noway:

QUESTION - where do you gals get those neat weight "rulers" at the bottom of your post?
  • dmariet116
    dmariet116 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    You can add a ticker through your profile page. It can be one of the remade kinds or you can upload your own image.
  • jollyquilter
    jollyquilter Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for starting this group. I need yo finish reading back. But I wanted to say hello and jump in here. I am looking at 55 yoa just down the street. And have officially wemt 12 months with no TOM. Never really had flashes and husband says the mood swings were not nad at all, but the weight is an issue. We live a very avtive lifestyle and try to eat as good as possible. I am lopkong forward yo hangong put with you gals and kicking some meno butt.
  • deetee6718
    deetee6718 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Not feeling very up today, trying to sell our house and patience is not my virtue!!! In 30 days have accepted 3 offers, 2 of which fell through :( emotional roller coaster and hoping the last one goes through although it is subject to their sale! So just feeling off today, will log my food and fit a walk in and maybe that will perk me up! That's all folks!
  • lilyrosieposie3
    lilyrosieposie3 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. Today was voting day, and as usual I was multi tasking. Food shopping in the morning. Then my daughter and granddaughter popped in.
    I was going to vote when they went. As soon as they left, we had an awful storm and heavy rain. I wondered if it was an omen. Maybe whoever it was didn't want me to go.
    After about an hou the sun came out and I voted and went for a long walk.
    Food wise I am getting the hang of my fitness pal. It's taking me a while to adjust to counting calories.
    I hope you are all having a good day
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    deetee I can relate to the house selling frustrations. i'm due to close escrow on my dad's house next tuesday but it hasn't been without it's share of headaches...including a lot of costly inspections/repairs.

I just had my annual check up and all went ok...down 6 lbs from last year which isnt much but is better than going the other direction. I know for a fact I'm much stronger/fitter from all the weight training so I feel ok about it all. Am going to take today as a rest day since I'm sore and tired...but am hoping not to let the upcoming holiday weekend erase any of my good work I've done this week.
  • Nillalis
    Nillalis Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    the ticker can be shown in lots of different ways and you can opt to show it in posts or not in posts. easiest way to get to where to change it is to click on your own picture. on that page you should have a simple ticker and under it is where you click to get to your edit pages for the ticker.

Highest on my wish scale atm is a air-condition. this apartment is horrible warm days. all windows is to the sunny side and nothing shades the complex. opening windows is no fun as traffic noise is loud but when its warm like today there is no option.

think I'm gonna go to a grocery store tomorrow and stand in the freezer section pretending i forgot what i needed to buy :laugh:
    i did that when i was pregnant a lot. my husband and i went shopping i stood in freezer section and he walked around adding stuff to cart and then came to me and asked stuff when done he went to cash register paid and loaded car then called me to say honey enough cooling time we are done.

luckily our house that I'm returning to in less then a week is really shaded so among all friends and relatives ours is usually the coolest. not so good in winter but sure liked during summer.

today have been a lazy day walked so much yesterday i decided today would be a semi rest day. got boxes for the move bought though so my daughter can start her packing.

have a nice evening soon bedtime here.
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies,.:flowerforyou: ...Well the day is almost over and I'm just checking in, i had 4 hrs of work this am and now I'm off till Monday :heart: I missed my nap this afternoon and went out with a bunch for friends riding our motorcycles:glasses: we didn't hit the threshold til after 8:30….im sure i burned some calories and some pavement all in on shot. I have to get off my lazy *kitten* and get a work out in. Its moms respite day and i ll be out with her for 3hrs,….so YES I'm gonna get her done. Have a wonderful evening Posi-friends! :flowerforyou: :glasses:
  • jollyquilter
    jollyquilter Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Wow, I just looked back on my last post and I must have been on something with all that bad spelling!!!
    Yesterday I did an hour of zumba and walked 3 miles, and my food went well. And now we start another day. It seems no matter how much I eat MFP still tells me I am eating to few calories. I have not seen te scales move in weeks!