Daily Check In

Options

Replies

• Nillalis
    Nillalis Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Jill

i am also growing more and more interested in protein supplements as i feel how it helps me to stick to my diet and feel less cravings and or hunger.

in sweden we have a company that claims they are on the top in world but i don't think they sell internationally yet. they have 2 product that i find to be better then what i can find on the swedish market at least. i will put a link here its in swedish so it might not be of use. i tried to see if i could find a translator tick but couldn't maybe you can. any way got to stop yoga class is calling me.

http://www.svensktkosttillskott.se/produkter/core_protein_pro

I wrote to Jill but should have been to WorkingonmeAl and to all thats interested of course.
    was in such a hurry cause wanted it posted before going to my yoga. Any way that powder is supposed to be ultra clean but i checked the company now and they do not ship out of Sweden.
  • GardenGirlie
    GardenGirlie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Good morning girlies!

I just made a pineapple orange protein smoothie and will be going out for a 5 mile walk in a bit.

I wasn't down as much on the scale this morning as I had hoped but figured out that it is because I was not drinking my water as well as I should have been while on my trip. Water is the hardest thing for me when I get out of my routine. I am not a H2O drinker by nature and have to really make it a priority to get in the minimum while at home even.

Needless to say there is about a 2 pound scale difference for me from bedtime to morning when I get the 8 cups of water drank daily, but there wasn't that drop on the scale this morning. Considering I had gone up about 3 pounds from my lowest logged weight on 5/2 and that I was that exact number again this morning I am going to call my time on vacation a win.

Now that I am home I have this renewed commitment and I am going to be upping my game. I want to really increase my exercise time and days in a week. I will still see my trainer the 2 days weekly but want to push myself to get in a minimum of 3 of the 5 mile walks weekly as well, and truthfully want to accomplish 4 of them if I can. Weekends are easy but week days are another story. After work I do not have the energy for 5 miles and usually only get 3 in. This means I need to do it before work. That is going to mean getting out of bed really really early!! That is what I am working on wrapping my mind around. We are talking 4:30. Oh ugh!!

Ok....anyone else getting up to work out early before getting ready and heading to an all day job? Would love to know I was not alone in this!! LOL

Elizabeth
  • screwmenopause
    screwmenopause Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    TUSEDAY!
    It's all good! all of this great information we share! love love love it! thanks gals :flowerforyou:
    Canadiineh - yum! tropical tango PP sounds awesome. will have to try and find that here in MI. perhaps at Whole Foods...?
    GardenGirlie- WTG on the 2 pounds!! say hi to the boys - awe - sounds warm and fuzzy :happy:
    workingonme - ah the zoo - I remember taking my girls - so much fun! they are only 13 and 15 - we started late in life having kiddies :)
    just finished my walk - made it past the rain drops. going to enjoy a little fruit "smoothie" and then off to my day. still need to get some yoga in this week.

POSTING STRENGTH TRAINING?... I am new to MFP, and as far as I can tell if you want to record lifting weights you have to record every different thing you do - ie # of reps when curling, squats, etc. Do you gals do this? or do you record it differently?

Read this today - “What you believe can change your experience.” so true! especially when it comes to all of the things we have previously been told about menopause. okay everything dries up.... but to heck with "oh you're old", "you gain weight", "you can't do this or that anymore"! kiss that tire around my middle goodbye and here I come 55!!! :love:
  • Nillalis
    Options
    I read some posts about adding strength training and many just make their own and call it like my muscle training and then add the time and calories to that.

All depends what your after. if wanting to go back and see how many reps and so you did i guess you have to fill each and every thing in if wanting just a calorie amount then search net and guess what you burn from that info nd call it what you like.

good luck heading out for a walk now
  • screwmenopause
    Options
    All depends what your after. if wanting to go back and see how many reps and so you did i guess you have to fill each and every thing in if wanting just a calorie amount then search net and guess what you burn from that info nd call it what you like.

good luck heading out for a walk now

thanks :happy: I was pretty much after the calories burned. but since I don't "eat" my workout/cardio calories I will just track my weight training elsewhere - too lazy too put in the sets, reps, etc teeheehee
  • deetee6718
    deetee6718 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Finally getting an opportunity to read the thread. Here is my story, 54, married, 3 adult children, retired 2 yrs. ago. At age 47 I got serious and Lost 65 lbs and kept it off for approx 3 yrs. In 2009 I lost my father to cancer and hit menopause. Pounds started creeping on and I stuck my head in the sand while I grieved. I am struggling to re-lose approx 35 lbs. the funny thing is I am more active than I was in my 40's. I have been lifting since 2007 and for the past 3 years I go to the gym 5 days a week strength training and walk usually every day. Can't imagine what I would weigh had I not kept active. I want those pounds off but if I'm being honest I think it's my inconsistencies with food and portion control that's holding me back. I have lost and gained weight my entire life and I know how to do it but the methods I use to use to lose no longer seem to work since menopause. I struggle to lose minimal amounts and then frustration sends me back to old habits. I am so happy to have found this group and will try to check in every day. I am trying to find a food plan that works for me and I know I need structure! I am counting calories and yesterday I started to track WW points. It may get cumbersome doing two methods but I'll see if I can get some results. Scale hasn't moved in a long time so I just need to see a loss to get motivated again. Sorry for the long story, look forward to following all of you on this journey!
  • lilyrosieposie3
    lilyrosieposie3 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am new, I started my fitness pal last week. I am 54, and live in the UK.
    It will be nice getting to know you, and making friends along the way.
  • Nillalis
    Options
    to jill

what i meant is you can log it as calories burned under cardio just create your own exercise as a cardio exercise and call it

*Lifting junk*

then add minutes and calories, next time you have that in your log and just have to make it the minutes it took and calories you want so then you have it logged on MFP with no reps to add.
  • screwmenopause
    Options

Ok....anyone else getting up to work out early before getting ready and heading to an all day job? Would love to know I was not alone in this!! LOL
    I walk and run with a friend at 5am during the week. its cool to be out and about when very few people are awake. I get out of bed about 30 min before I meet my friend. no time for coffee - have that when I get back. it's feels awesome to get it out of the way before work. it's also fun that when I leave to walk/run, no one else in my family is awake...so that 30 minutes before I leave in the morning is all for me :happy:
    WTG on the vacation - you deserved it!
  • screwmenopause
    Options
    to jill

what i meant is you can log it as calories burned under cardio just create your own exercise as a cardio exercise and call it

*Lifting junk*

then add minutes and calories, next time you have that in your log and just have to make it the minutes it took and calories you want so then you have it logged on MFP with no reps to add.
    thank you!
  • screwmenopause
    Options
    Hello, I am new, I started my fitness pal last week. I am 54, and live in the UK.
    It will be nice getting to know you, and making friends along the way.
    welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • screwmenopause
    Options
    . It may get cumbersome doing two methods but I'll see if I can get some results. Scale hasn't moved in a long time so I just need to see a loss to get motivated again. Sorry for the long story, look forward to following all of you on this journey!
    hi deetee! it's great you're here! I too did WW points, but I find this much easier and it keeps me more honest. to look at my calories each day, instead of just a "point" is a huge eyeopener for me. sometimes I would go over a point or two and think - ah no biggie. but when I look at my total caloric intake on MFP it's a different story. I do not ever want to go over - lol. it keeps me thinkning...'calories in-calories out" - the only way I am going to lose the weight.
    good luck!!:heart:
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Just checking in. Did a quick read thru, hello to all the new ladies. I am learning lot with this group . About to pass out, on my way to bed. Today was my day off, spent it weed eating, upside burned at least 880 calories!!!!!!!!!!
    OMG, way too funny - I read this too quickly & thought, "weed eating = new salad?? How do you burn 800 cal eating??" weed eating -DOH!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Jill

i am also growing more and more interested in protein supplements as i feel how it helps me to stick to my diet and feel less cravings and or hunger.

in sweden we have a company that claims they are on the top in world but i don't think they sell internationally yet. they have 2 product that i find to be better then what i can find on the swedish market at least. i will put a link here its in swedish so it might not be of use. i tried to see if i could find a translator tick but couldn't maybe you can. any way got to stop yoga class is calling me.

http://www.svensktkosttillskott.se/produkter/core_protein_pro

Trying to decipher the website - I am usually pretty good with languages - 37+ g of protein in a serving seems like a lot to me. I would only need two of these in a whole day with no other protein to get a healthy amount. And it's whey & whey protein isolate, with natural & artificial strawberry flavour, sucralose and aspartame, and soy lecithin. Too many artificial /chemical ingredients for me. That + whey will definitely not work for me :( sad...

edit: forgot the soy lecithin - not of too much concern to me but maybe others with soy issues.
  • Nillalis
    Options
    Got to be hard to have food allergies. I'm lucky that flour isn't a allergy even though my body feels better if i don't eat it i can still have it at 1-3 meals just not several days in a row.

I been looking at different proteins as what i have is about to run out. also been counting cost/grams of protein and many of the expensive ones with more protein/portion cost less per gram so buying them and then taking less/serving seems to be better then buying the diet protein i bought last. only reason i might buy the diet protein is that it also have glukomanna but I'm not sure if thats important when i don't have a shake every day.
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies:flowerforyou: , I'm late checking in (by a few days) my story. I hit goal last year in May, then peri-menopase reared its ugly head, and even though i was counting cal's and working out yes i put back on some of the weight i had lost. Ok so I'm back on track and I'm starting to lose again and all is good. Except TOM has a mind of his own, first 4 months no TOM then bamb:noway: , then six months and in April i got Tom 4 times:explode: !! I am due for my physical and will have that looked in. I have changed my marcos and now try and get 140plus grams of protein daily with the help of Kaizen protein powder:heart: …it tastes great, 1g carb, 1g fat and 35g of Protein. 150calories per serving….carbs are cut and good healthy fats have been implemented plus strength training…patience and persistence will get me looking and feeling great, who am i kidding i already feel great over the accomplishment i have made this far! Cheers ladies!:drinker:
  • jreneecal
    jreneecal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a terrific day! On my way to bed, not a productive day for me so tomorrow will be better.
  • Nillalis
    Options
    good morning lovely sunny day here in Malmö.

today is a rest day from yoga so I'm gonna go window shopping and also going to a bakery store to check it out for our mothers day out this sunday.

And thx to the tip I'm gonna also go looking into Maca and maybe get some.

That will give me some walking minutes done. Afternoon i have laundry day and later on i think i be going for a brisk walk.

have a lovely day

Lis
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies,:flowerforyou: its a new day and i can hear the birds at my feeder chirping in the rain, that means its going to clear up and be a nice day. I have 4 hrs of work this am then it nap time and a work out of some kind. Its suppose to 80 today and i may just skip to a well needed motorcycle ride. Enjoy the day ladies and don't forget to smile,..:bigsmile: It gives your face something to do!
  • screwmenopause
    Options
    . Except TOM has a mind of his own, first 4 months no TOM then bamb:noway: , then six months and in April i got Tom 4 times:explode: !! I am due for my physical and will have that looked in. …patience and persistence will get me looking and feeling great, who am i kidding i already feel great over the accomplishment i have made this far! Cheers ladies!:drinker:
    welcome mrewhitehog! - funny...the one thing positive about menopause is no more TOM. makes life a tad more simple :)
    "patience and persistence"....so true! :laugh: