Replies

• sandy63mfp
    sandy63mfp Posts: 1
    Options
    Well I am new to MFP and new to this board. 30 lbs to lose! Here we go
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    had a good Friday and moderated well. Ive been known to start out with one glass of wine and then lose count on the weekends.
    The husband leaves town tomorrow for a week and that can be good or bad...sometimes it means I just cook simply/easily for myself....or it means I lose my routine and grab anything. I'm going to shoot for the cooking simply. I'm going to make a big batch of healthy soup I can go to which will help.
    Exercise has been good and I plan to keep that up and perhaps step it up a bit in anticipation of my annual check up on Thursday.
  • screwmenopause
    screwmenopause Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sandy! We can do this together!
    SoCalWoman - envious of your bachelorette week :happy: Enjoy it!
    Nillalis - I need to try hot yoga again. It was great sweaty WO when I did it years ago. You must have burned a TON of calories today! WTG!!
    Onto the rest of the day.... thirsty *note to self - DRINK MORE WATER :love:
    check in with you gals later
    jill
  • jreneecal
    jreneecal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Wow everyone seems to be off to a great start to the weekend! Just had a pretty good breakfast and logged it in. If I log throughout the day it really helps me keep on track and think about if I really want to waste calories on something or if I have enough calories left for a "treat".
    I'm so out of shape at the moment I couldn't breath if I ran, unfortunately not much more running for me anyway (I miss it). After surgery on one knee my ortho told me to stop and get an elliptical but it's just not the same.
    Off to work, if it is not blazing hot when I get home I plan on some yard work and hopefully a walk.
    Thanks for all the inspiration!
  • Peppah7
    Peppah7 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Of to a good start, 7:30 outdoor bootcamp (highlights were crab walks, bear crawls, burpees, push ups, rows...) & then got some of my squat challenge out of the way. Did well yesterday eating within my target calories, quality not bad/not great. I love getting that Saturday morning workout done... very intense good way to start off the wknd on a good note. Weekend eating is more the challenge as there is usually some eating out. Though I love beer & margaritas (& a little wine) I usually stay away completely as it leads to nibbling on some not so good choices & too much. I now try to keep my socializing to the bootcamp classes (I call it "happy hour") & walk dates, which I thoroughly enjoy. Wishing you all a fantastic weekend, glad y'all are here! :glasses: Karen
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I went roller skating last night and let me tell you, I haven't been for a while and the Glute Medialis & Tib Anterior are screamin' at me this morning... lol. Did a few stretches and easy moving around to get them relaxed again. It's a long weekend here so I'm probably going to go for a hike with my darling hubby (dh in future posts) unless it rains & we head to the rodeo.

Breakfast today was 2/5C of dry steel cut oats with 1/2 cup of 2% plain Greek yogourt and 1/2C raspberries. I only eat oats when hubby is off work on the weekend because it's a whole lot of carb and it's not my favorite food - he likes it though so I don't mind once in a while. He makes me Gluten Free pancakes once in a while on Sunday morning while I laze in bed. He used to make them every Sunday, but when I showed him the stats on my food diary (& he eats 3x the number I eat) it gave him a big shock :noway:

My favorite thing for breakfast is 1/2 can tuna mixed with a tbsp. of plain Greek yogourt and a tbsp. of Patak's Hot Lime Pickle popped onto a piece of my homemade Cheese & Onion Gluten Free Bread toasted. Seriously yummy!!! I am more of a savoury type person and my dh likes sweeter stuff so he has cold cereal (shredded wheat, cheerios, & granola mixed) every morning except the weekends generally.

Here's hoping you all have a lovely weekend, and stay on plan, whatever that looks like in your food/exercise diary.
  • Nillalis
    Nillalis Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    hi again

SoCalWoman - away from my husband now for 3 weeks and he is the kind that ooo what no one sees me eating doesn't count so lol poor him i be home in 12 days. I used to be that way too but MFP have so helped me towards changing that behaviour.

sandy - welcome and feel free to ask if you want got 100 days of MFP experience for what its worth hehe.

Jill - i sure sweat today i did a small experience to see about how much i sweat and turned out to be 3.5 ponds. so not until i been drinking like 2 litres kidneys start to work again. i usually have some water with electrolytes in as my first drink when i get home and as i do yoga 5-6 days a week i supplement with magnesium and potassium tablets and salt my food a bit extra as I'm usually low on salt.

jreneecal - i do the same, log during day or even sometimes plan my whole day ahead if i like to snack on something special. yesterday i bought some mini ice-cream cones. they are really small and cute (total size with cone is like a golfball) and 61 calories so pretty easy to fit in to my diet. i have a elliptical at home but every time i try to use it i end up with a really bad hip. i tried several times and one time it took me 2 months of rest to get hip well again. think i will have to leave that machine for good.

karen - i do like wine but for me its more sweet treats that id pick and if it wasn't for MFP 1 treat would like your margaritas soon be to many. morning workouts is the best not sure that i be able to get those in ones I'm back to full time working but there is always the weekend:)

spending rest of the day surfing and watching TV as am on semi rest for my knee cause of walking a bit to much 4 days in a row a week ago.

have a nice afternoon evening all go you.

Lis
  • JodieHut
    JodieHut Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!

I'm Jodie.... 51 years old and still waiting for menopause to start! Last September (with more than 100 pounds to lose) I decided it was time to get some weight off before menopause. I lost consistently until this past February when the scale stopped moving. On April 29th I started juicing as my main meals. I hate to cook, so for me, this is really easy. I normally have only juice three days per week, and then both juice and low cal meals on the other days. One of my daughters is getting married in August, so I'm hoping to be down a few more pounds by then. I also go to the gym at least six days a week and just love I!!

I have enjoyed reading everyone's posts and all the great tips.
  • lisele03
    lisele03 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    ... I also go to the gym at least six days a week and just love I!!.

Wow - I'm impressed and clearly you've had great success so far. I wish I loved to exercise but that's been my challenge forever. I am doing pretty well tho' at walking lately and doing some free weights about 5x / week. I have many miles (and pounds) to go and I can tell this menopause thing has slowed down my progress - but onward and forward! I'm happy with my loss so far (15lb in 2 months) and this group will help keep me focused!:flowerforyou:
  • GardenGirlie
    GardenGirlie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday girlies! I had a lovely 4.5 mile walk this morning followed by a smoothie. I am vacationing at my Sister's in Omaha from my home in Washington State. I have been on target food wise and got a walk in yesterday and today. So far so good. It is all about being able to stay healthy in all aspects of life for me, including vacation time. I am not one to have "cheat" days or go crazy because of social situations and such.

Hoping you are all having a fabulous and healthy day!

Elizabeth
  • 1pandabear
    1pandabear Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone :smile: I am joining the group late and just want to say thanks to everyone for sharing your endeavors because it is really inspiring. I am not going to write a book, just to say I am 3 yrs post-menopause at 56 and let you know, lost from 213.9 down to 190.9 from March to now by caloric restriction alone, and hoping to start lifting when "New Rules of Lifting for Women" arrives :smile: Today I only volunteered, on my feet for an hour at the San Diego Coast Keeper lab, and walked a bit. Light day :smile:
  • screwmenopause
    Options
    Wow everyone seems to be off to a great start to the weekend! Just had a pretty good breakfast and logged it in. If I log throughout the day it really helps me keep on track and think about if I really want to waste calories on something or if I have enough calories left for a "treat".
    I find logging in throughout the day keeps me honest too. :smile: I looked at a piece of lemon cake yesterday (which I would have otherwise devoured instantly) and thought....hhhmmmm, not worth it. I am with ya!
  • screwmenopause
    Options
    , lost from 213.9 down to 190.9 from March to now by caloric restriction alone,
    AWESOME PANDABEAR! Inspirational! thanks for sharing :heart:
  • screwmenopause
    Options
    On April 29th I started juicing as my main meals. I hate to cook, so for me, this is really easy. I normally have only juice three days per week, and then both juice and low cal meals on the other days.
    HI JODIEHUT - welcome! I love juices and fruit smoothies too. do you track the juice calories? do you drink fruit smoothies too? is a a special kind of "juice diet"? just curious :) I found I needed to stick to veggie juices instead of fruit. even though it was just fruit and ice (no extra syrup ick) the calories were tons - lol. my lesson learned. I will leave the fruit smoothies to my teenage daughters :drinker:
  • screwmenopause
    Options
    SUNDAY - checking in :happy:
    sunny but chilly here - ah Michigan...where the heck is spring?? lol going to only walk 60 min today - a blister on each heal - ouch.
    will plan my workout routine for the week an incorporate weights and yoga.
    took my daughter to dinner last night (mommy daughter time) and had Lebanese food. YUMMY!! I was going to give myself a "reward meal" each Saturday night and not track my calories - but after dinner I couldn't resist - lol - I tracked them as best I could and was pleasantly surprised. I did "eat" my exercise calories, drank wine, and still did well for the day (pat self on head here :heart: )
    Back to clean calories today!
    Kick bootie gals!
    Jill
  • Nillalis
    Nillalis Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    to Jill

My heals are the worst for getting blisters that is until i found out how to prevent it by lots.

either go to a runner store and ask for rubble socks. its a sock that has to socks in one so the friction is between the layer and not on your skin. or take a pair of nylon pantyhose socks (don't know the proper name but its the see thrue often beige that you use with high heels. you can use any length so knee high works too. put them on your foot first and then put on your normal sneaker socks. this will also cause the friction to be away from your skin.

wish you a comfortable walking with no blisters like it is for me since buying the specialty socks.

To all

its raining here in Malmö now but i got my yoga and walk done this morning and now just waiting for it to slow down so i can go get some groceries.

got a question about metabolism and weigh loss that maybe one of you would have a good answer to. since i started exercising a lot (4 months ago) my body have been not loosing weight for 3-4 weeks and then suddenly over a week or so i lose 2-4 ponds and then the cycle repeats. this time i have now over 12 days lost 8 pounds and as I'm getting close to my goal weight thats a pretty big percentage (I'm 5,4 and 146,6 atm). the yoga class claims the exercises boost metabolism and i done it most days for 3 months now and i have increased muscle mass from lots and lots of walking.
    so now to my question. should i up my calories from 1350 to 1500 as i kinda read and heard that loosing fast isn't good. to add to it i have these days felt a bit run down and yoga feels more of a effort then normal, i need more sleep and I'm more thirsty. i don't feel ill and i don't feel hungry but i still have the normal appetite and crave stuff. planning on seeing my doctor if it continues when I'm back home in june.
  • GardenGirlie
    GardenGirlie Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Off to church and then breakfast. Last full day in Omaha...going to make it a healthy one.

Will miss my Sister but I am looking forward to getting home to my usual workout schedule and such.

Have a beautiful day girlies!
  • Peppah7
    Peppah7 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! A bit of a slow Sunday for me today here in Miami I did my 1 hour social walk this morning, now a bit of housework (not too motivated). Doing well eating wise for the weekend which is usually a challenge. Amazing how the accountability of tracking does help! (Good job Jill!).

Have a safe trip home GardenGirlie, sister time is the best!

Nillalis, I wish I could help with your metabolism question, I have yet to find my "sweet spot" (see my ticker at zero :grumble: ), currently @ 1250 calorie level. Have done the calculators & read the forums, so many conflicting opinions!.. switching things around a little, so I am hopeful something will click soon! Looks/sounds like you have made some great progress! Hope you get some answers.

Wishing you all a fantastic weekend. Drink lots of water!!:heart::drinker: karen
  • Lykapal
    Lykapal Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies. I'm new to MFP, just started today. I came here looking for group support and I was so excited to see a group that is full of women just like me. I am one of the "lucky" ones. I started getting peri symptoms in my late 30s and late last year I found out how crappy menopause really is. Full-blown hot flashes, weight gain, acne, extreme fatigue, uncontrollable anger, insomnia and twice monthly periods. (yay) My doc assures me that it's almost over, but I don't believe her! :)

I've finally had enough, I'm tired of being told it's inevitable. I'm losing this extra weight and getting back outside no matter how hard it is.

Looking forward to getting to know you, sharing with you and supporting all of you. Thanks for starting this group.
    Sheila
  • dmariet116
    dmariet116 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a lovely Sunday! I worked last night so I slept most of the day away :-( Joined the group today after getting caught up on forum posts.

I plan on starting an exercise program tomorrow. My first mini goal is setting an hour long block and start with walking. My biggest problem is time management. I work 12 hour rotating shifts which has helped me put on this extra 50 lbs the past 4 years! I have managed to get my eating cleaned up a lot but I still have a ways to go with that. I am a work in process!!