Daily Check In

Options

Replies

• screwmenopause
    screwmenopause Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    THURSDAY -CHECKING IN....
    morning gals! woke up w the birds and got my 90 minutes fast walk in. meeting a friend for coffee this morning - just coffee, no cream, no sugar :noway: need to get on the scale tomorrow and check my progress. it's a love/hate relationship with that dang scale! I need to 'study' that little fitbit...with all of the great info you gals have provided I am still confused :laugh: (not great with reading directions - argh). off to have some breakfast...
    ENJOY THE DAY!
    jill
  • jreneecal
    jreneecal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! Hope everyone has a great day. I've been thinking about a FitBit Flex for my birthday so am following all the bits of info here with a lot of interest. It's only supposed to be 85 degrees today so I hope to get in my lunchtime walk. Off to work I go!
  • dt3312
    dt3312 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I went to a get-together in the afternoon and there was a buffet. I had some fruit and vegies and almonds. There was a huge bowl of those dark chocolate covered acai (some sort of dried berry). I had 4 and that's all. A big improvement from how before I would have taken a whole bunch and gone back for more.

Today I am off to Yolates (yoga-pilates) class. After that I'll go to the gym for about 15 minutes and do some of my own exercises.
  • deetee6718
    deetee6718 Posts: 70 Member
    Options

There is a thread on getting Fitbit to sync with MFP and a couple of adjustments you needed to make to get them to marry up exercise logged on there with calories measured on here, it was only last week so I'm sure you could find it. I read it as I was thinking about buying the Fitbit Flex but another thread put me off so I didn't pursue it. Went to see if I could find it for you but couldn't find the exact one again - sorry.

Thanks, I will definitely check it out!
    Thursday check-in - not much to report, haven't been doing my daily walks as busy with garage sale prep and that's basically all I'll be doing this weekend! Will be glad when it's done. Had a pretty good food day yesterday but was wiped out so had a 'this n that' supper which is okay but never really feel satisfied after that. Have a good day MFP's
  • josparkle
    josparkle Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Good Morning! Hope everyone has a great day. I've been thinking about a FitBit Flex for my birthday so am following all the bits of info here with a lot of interest. It's only supposed to be 85 degrees today so I hope to get in my lunchtime walk. Off to work I go!

There is a good thread with a comparison of the Fitbit Flex and the Fitbit One - done over time, taking it all into consideration - I found it very good reading. Still haven't made my mind up though leaning more to the One though I like the look of the Flex better.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/992573-fitbit-flex-vs-one-review?hl=flex+vs+one
  • josparkle
    Options
    Well today I have felt very dull and low - period still ongoing, heavy etc so that's probably to blame. Spent most of the day trying to research a holiday to London later in the year and wound myself up in knots with the views from various seats in various west end theatres. Can't help thinking it was easier when you rang up and they said '4 in the circle' and you said yes. Anyway it will be great, if I ever get it booked.

Spent all day procrastinating but did get out for my long walk, can't say I feel any better for it save the knowledge that it's done but it does me I can and will have a glass of red wine after my dinner tonight without going over calories. Hoping I'll start to feel a bit more lively tomorrow.
  • screwmenopause
    Options
    Yesterday I went to a get-together in the afternoon and there was a buffet. I had some fruit and vegies and almonds. There was a huge bowl of those dark chocolate covered acai (some sort of dried berry). I had 4 and that's all. A big improvement from how before I would have taken a whole bunch and gone back for more.

Today I am off to Yolates (yoga-pilates) class. After that I'll go to the gym for about 15 minutes and do some of my own exercises.

Me too! I love those! WTG and the control factor!!
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I ran 6kms this morning. It's only my 4th run of the year, so I am pretty proud of that. I hope to back to running 7.5kms easily, before it gets too warm and muggy. I am working on lowering my salt intake, and I can't believe the difference it's making. I feel much less bloated and the scale is showing movement again.

Have a great day, everyone. Always good to know we are not alone.
  • Nillalis
    Nillalis Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Yay my first day back on meeting goals went fine. went for a 75 min walk and did 30 min of yoga and knee feels ok so can hopefully do the same tomorrow. for been going fine too and haven't bothered to eat any burned calories back today.

was told by a athletic Physical therapist that one should max increase distance or pace with 10 % a week so not both at same time so hopefully following that advice i can get my distance up to around 8-12 miles / day and then ill work on speed. seems like my knee likes the 3.5 miles/hour but i like to walk at around 4-4,5/hour.

Lis
  • Peppah7
    Peppah7 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

TGIF!!!!! Has been the longest 3 day work week ever, lol...:glasses:
    At my desk here and off to a good start. Hoping to continue through the weekend which is always more of a challenge.
    Still looking for some results to my continued exercise and food tracking. Nothing numbers-wise... but I do have a pretty exciting NSV to report...
    This year I am comfortable wearing sleeveless tops, even to work! I am seeing some definition in my arms! So I'll take that..

What are some of your NSVs?

Would also like to hear about drinking water. I do like water & usually get 60 oz per day. Curious about adding lemon, cucumber, etc. I've seen people doing a lot lately. Is is just to make it more palatable, or is there a health benefit as well. Is it a type of cleanse? What do you like?

Congrats on all your accomplishments. Wishing you all a wonderful Friday, hugs!! :wink:
  • screwmenopause
    Options
    Hi everyone,

NSV to report...
    This year I am comfortable wearing sleeveless tops, even to work! I am seeing some definition in my arms! So I'll take that..

NSV? what does it stand for? :)

TGIF TOO!
    hello gals, walked an hour and did push-ups and squats in the park. I have been soooooooooo good these passed 2 weeks. I thought it was remarkable I lost 8 lbs within the first 9 days....though I got on the scale this morning and I am pretty much the same weight (after now 2 weeks). argh! I know there's always water weight lost in the beginning. but I am a bit bummed I have only lost .50 pounds in the past 6 days. any suggestions gals? :cry:
  • dt3312
    Options
    Maybe NSV refers to some sort of success that is not measurable on the scale or with a tape measure? For example, they success of not overeating at a restaurant?

Reading everyone's workouts is inspiring...Wow!!!...some of you have tough workouts!

Today I am going to the gym. I do cardio on the machines. I would prefer to walk outside, but right now my allergies are really bothering me. I mix up my cardio with the elliptical, exercycle, recumbent exercyle, recumbent elliptical and treadmill. I also do free weights and some arm exercises with bands, core work (I can do the plank for 1 minute), stretching, pilates, etc. For part of my cardio, sometimes I take a weighted ball, 8-10 pounds and repeatedly throw it hard on the floor. This really gets my heart rate up. I read about it on the internet and talked to the gym trainer about it--it's a cardio exercise for people who have knee problems.
  • dt3312
    Options
    WATER: Here are some variations I use:

Hot water
    Ice water
    Squeeze in some fresh lemon or lime
    Club soda (no sugar, no artificial sugar...can get it on sale for 75 cents for 2 liter bottle)

I also like iced tea (no sweetener), such as mint, black tea, etc.
  • josparkle
    Options
    NSV is Non Scale Victories - so things like trousers fitting better, getting into that skirt that you couldn't, or like mine, last week, doing your bra up one notch less - or being able to say no to whatever food/drink you would normally have said yes to with abandon. In essence the sorts of things that let you know its working but don't show on the scales.

I am not good with water. I drink it, a glass with every coffee and meal, but I don't think I'm getting sufficient compared to the devotees usage. I will try harder.
  • dmariet116
    dmariet116 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

NSV to report...

NSV? what does it stand for? :)

TGIF TOO!
    hello gals, walked an hour and did push-ups and squats in the park. I have been soooooooooo good these passed 2 weeks. I thought it was remarkable I lost 8 lbs within the first 9 days....though I got on the scale this morning and I am pretty much the same weight (after now 2 weeks). argh! I know there's always water weight lost in the beginning. but I am a bit bummed I have only lost .50 pounds in the past 6 days. any suggestions gals? :cry:

I wouldn't worry too much. 8 lbs is still awesome! I would look at hidden sugar sources and try cutting carbs more if you're not already doing so. Up your healthy fats and keep protein moderate. Its possible you need to eat more for a few days to rev up your metabolism a bit then go back to your calorie goal. Pull out the tape measure because you may be gaining muscle and losing fat. You are doing great!!!
  • Peppah7
    Peppah7 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Oops, NSV = non-scale victory!!! Do share yours, any victories... :smile: :drinker:
  • screwmenopause
    Options
    Ahhhh.......:smile: NSV I get it now!
    my jeans - they are still my "fat" jeans but I couldn't comfortably fit in them 2 weeks ago!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Would also like to hear about drinking water. I do like water & usually get 60 oz per day. Curious about adding lemon, cucumber, etc. I've seen people doing a lot lately. Is is just to make it more palatable, or is there a health benefit as well. Is it a type of cleanse? What do you like?

Congrats on all your accomplishments. Wishing you all a wonderful Friday, hugs!! :wink:

Options I use are:
    splash of lime juice
    splash of lemon juice
    capful of Apple Cider Vinegar (and a tiny pinch of mango peach Mio - if you aren't fond of tangy)
    Fake mojito using soda water, muddled mint, lime juice and touch of stevia - good if you are DD and lo carb
    cucumber slices - refreshing on a hot day

Sorry don't know what 60 oz is - I get at least 2 litres a day not counting any herb or green teas and of course not coffee since it is a diuretic. I try to have 1.25 l by the time lunch is over. I use some of it to take my supplements of course, then it's so much easier to get in.
  • deetee6718
    deetee6718 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Saturday Check-In: garage sale over! House conditions removed - sale final! I hope! Now I can get my life back and concentrate on losing a few lbs. I haven't formally weighed in weeks and haven't updated MFP weight in ages so need to focus on some structure with food and exercise now and get the scale to move in the right direction. Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend! NSV - I can still wear the earrings I wore in high school :wink: :wink:
  • screwmenopause
    Options
    Saturday Check-In: garage sale over! House conditions removed - sale final!
    I bet it was fun! love it!