Daily Check In

Options

Replies

• deetee6718
    deetee6718 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    HAPPY TUESDAY ALL!
    I am ready to rock this week too! I "ate more calories" yesterday - the holiday - but I was rewarding myself. it was in my plan. I sat down and tracked everything that went into my mouth. to get things humming again today I did an hour walk at 5am w a friend and just finished my 6 miler. that should eat up some of those calories from the holiday :laugh:
    well, on to planning my eats then hubby and I need to meet w the kitchen lady - building a house....
    HAVE A SUPER DAY ALL!
    jill

Building a new house, how exciting! We are building too and it was fun meeting with the cabinet people and seeing our design come together. Hope to be in our home by Oct 1! Good luck on your build!
  • deetee6718
    Options
    Going to help my sis plant her flowers today. We are in the process of selling our house and I am not putting flowers in so need to get my flower fix :)
    Bought a Fitbit yesterday and went for a quick 6km walk after supper now trying to figure out why my exercise isn't showing on MFP. Have some reading to do on this subject but it will be nice to have some accurate tracking. Taking my mom out for supper and a concert tonight so will need to keep my calories in check. Have a great day everyone!
  • dmariet116
    dmariet116 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Although it is 1:30 PM here, it is my "morning"! Finally a few days off work!! WOOHOO!!! Just now having coffee and catching up on everyone's posts. I have a busy 3 days to squeeze in a lot of catch up house work and shopping. Hopefully...lol! Weighed this morning and I am down 3.6 lbs from 9 days ago so I'm excited! Have a great day everyone!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    hotflashes_zpsfbb7cf2f.jpg

Hope everyone is having a good day! I will do my workout later....helps me sleep. I just finished crocheting a layered cardi and slouchy hat for my b/f''s granddaughter...she is turning 7. Having another good day foodwise. Need to remember to test my blood sugar in the morning...I forgot today. Its a warm day today...will probably turn the a/c on in a few. But I have my fan turned on and blowing on me...keeps the hot flashes at bay. :)
  • lisele03
    lisele03 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    .... I am down 3.6 lbs from 9 days ago so I'm excited! ....

You should be excited! Fantastic job!!:bigsmile:
  • lisele03
    lisele03 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    .... Anyone know of the best at home treadmill to purchase?
    I bought a Nordictrack A2250 5 or 6 years ago and really like it. It was a mid-range model (on sale @ Sears) and it came with all the basic features plus the ability to program some custom workouts. Although I can’t say it’s had heavy use, (otherwise I wouldn’t be here :wink: ) it has had periodic, steady use, and I’ve had no problems with it at all. It’s sturdy, reliable (so far) and not too noisy. I’m glad I didn’t pay more for additional “bells and whistles” – this one has plenty! Good luck in your search!
  • HikeCalifornia
    Options
    Hi all - good morning from the West coast! New to group and starting this journey (again). Day 4 and I feel great! Hungry, but great! :laugh: First day at work since starting - yikes! - I sit at a desk all day, and usually munch the whole time. Could be interesting.

You all have a wonderful day and thanks so much for this group!!

WELCOME! GLAD TO HAVE YOU HERE!

Thank you! Been skimming through the posts - what a fabulous group of ladies! Happy to be here! And...I survived the day and have room for a snack. Almost giddy. Mmm, mmm, mmm - hummus is calling my name! :happy:
  • jreneecal
    jreneecal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Woohoo made it through the day under calories and burned up more with the elliptical workout. Thanks for all the support and inspiration!
  • screwmenopause
    screwmenopause Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Bought a Fitbit yesterday and went for a quick 6km walk after supper now trying to figure out why my exercise isn't showing on MFP. Have some reading to do on this subject but it will be nice to have some accurate tracking.
    do you know if the fitbit phone app works/sincs with MFP? I have the app but can't really figure it out. :sad:
  • screwmenopause
    Options
    WEDNESDAY...checking in. everyone seems to be happy and humming along this week. yeah! had a great workout this morning - boot camp strength cardio type of workout. munching on kale, egg whites and tomato for breakfast - yum.

HIKE CALI - I LOVE hummus too! great for evening munching w veggies. :love:
    LISELE - WTG on the weight loss!!

onto the day with tedious little things I need to get off my plate.
    HAPPY DAY ALL!
    jill
  • dt3312
    dt3312 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I went to a Memorial Day BBQ and overate, but I am glad to report that the next day I was right back on track with my eating. In the past, I would have thought, "I blew it, what's the use of trying any more"...then binge for the next couple of weeks. Yesterday I went to my 50 minute Yolates (Yoga-Pilates) class. Today our Senior center has Fitness Day. Each of the 12 instructors demonstrated 4 minutes of their class and we get to try it out. It is a fun 1 1/2 hours of exercise. It is good to be able to meet the teachers and see which ones you like. I really admire my 87 year old friend. She takes Zumba!
  • smrgal144
    smrgal144 Posts: 9
    Options
    Great job Lisele and thanks for the info on the Nordic Track Commercial. Will definitely look into it!

I stayed within my calorie budget yesterday but by evening was feeling really sick. Lo and Behold, I'm in bed with the flu. Who gets the flu at the end of May???:noway:

On the bright side of things, I lost 2 pounds from eating correctly, exercising yesterday and from the not so pleasant side effects of the flu virus. :laugh:

Hoping you all are having a fabulous day!
  • deetee6718
    Options
    Checking in - just back from the gym enjoying a smoothie on the patio before I start my day. Full day of wearing my Fit it and hope to experiment and figure it out. @Screwmeno - I know enough to be dangerous at this point but hopefully will be able to share some info once I figure it out. It does sync with MFP which is what I'm trying to understand how the calories burned are determined and the negative adjustment it does. Have a great day everyone and keep moving!
  • Peppah7
    Peppah7 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Back to my desk this morning. Had a great holiday beach wknd at Cocoa Beach, FL (setting of I Dream of Jeannie all those years ago.. about 3 hours north of here). I did not track my intake, but did not go hog wild - stayed mindful... I had a 1 hour morning walk on the beach with my friend on both Sunday & Monday. That said, I am up 3.3 pounds.. I knew better than to check yesterday hoping to "flush" everything out. Very disheartening. To lose that will take me 3 weeks at least! & to think I was happy to be down 2 pounds for the year going into this trip...

Moving on.. I am on track today with the eating & looking forward to bootcamp at 6:00. I sweat like crazy, high 88* today & get to catch up with the trainer & my workout buds.

I'm interested in what you learn about the FIt Bit, keep us posted.
  • josparkle
    josparkle Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Checking in - just back from the gym enjoying a smoothie on the patio before I start my day. Full day of wearing my Fit it and hope to experiment and figure it out. @Screwmeno - I know enough to be dangerous at this point but hopefully will be able to share some info once I figure it out. It does sync with MFP which is what I'm trying to understand how the calories burned are determined and the negative adjustment it does. Have a great day everyone and keep moving!

There is a thread on getting Fitbit to sync with MFP and a couple of adjustments you needed to make to get them to marry up exercise logged on there with calories measured on here, it was only last week so I'm sure you could find it. I read it as I was thinking about buying the Fitbit Flex but another thread put me off so I didn't pursue it. Went to see if I could find it for you but couldn't find the exact one again - sorry.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I forgot to check in earlier so I doing it now. :)

I had a good day....got my workout in earlier and did some housework, too. It was much cooler here today and I haven't had a hot flash....that's a rare occurrence! Got my lottery tickets and preparing to get rich...LOL!!

Hope everyone had a great day!
  • HikeCalifornia
    Options

MFP figures your TDEE based on the stats you enter. Fitbit measures the calories you burn based on the activity (at least step-based) that you do during the day along with the stats that you entered on the fitbit site. If your fitbit calories are greater than your TDEE, you get "credit" for the extra calories burned - they show up as your calorie adjustment under exercise. If your fitbit calories are less than your TDEE, you get a negative calorie adjustment. I'm sure there's a much more technical explanation, but that's the simple one. Now if I can just get mine to sync without have to disconnect and reconnect the accounts every time, I'll be very happy. So far no answer to the email I sent to the tech folks. Meh, a minor inconvenience.

Have a great evening, All! :smile:
  • jreneecal
    jreneecal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Long eventful day, glad to be under calories even with a fast food stop and little exercise. Hope it is cool enough tomorrow to walk at lunch!
  • Nillalis
    Nillalis Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Good morning

so i had a few lazy days with less burned calories and more than i normally eat but not to crazy so still feeling ok about it. Been at all welcome home gatherings with friends and family so now its time to find my rhythm.

plans for today is stick to my wanted diet and do walking 2 times + 30 min or more of yoga. i would like to go walking like 3 hours at speed to get my burned up high but have to be patient to build my knee back up so trying to set goals that fit the knee but also makes me feel proud at the burned numbers. hard when i want to see burned calories at 1200.

slow and easy does it. should be my mantra :bigsmile: :tongue:
  • screwmenopause
    Options
    did not go hog wild - stayed mindful... I had a 1 hour morning walk on the beach with my friend on both Sunday & Monday. That said, I am up 3.3 pounds.. I knew better than to check yesterday hoping to "flush" everything out. Very disheartening. To lose that will take me 3 weeks at least! & to think I was happy to be down 2 pounds for the year going into this trip...
    "stayed mindful" - that's what I need to remember to do when I eat :) no worries.. it's no doubt water weight gain. that'll ne gone in a couple days :smile: