Daily Check In

Options

Replies

• Karren188
    Karren188 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I find I do better with dieting during the summer because of all the fresh fruit and veggies. I'm trying to limit bread and sweets and increase water and activities. My moods have been horrible and I've been really emotional this week but I've managed to keep binge eating comfort food under control thankfully. I'm really daunted sometimes by how much I need to lose but trying to focus on short term goals and not think about the rest. My short term goal is to get back where I was last time I used mfp. That's 15 more pounds. :)
  • screwmenopause
    screwmenopause Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Thanks again all for your helpful advice re: parents & assisted living. Today I ate like I haven't eaten in a long time - emotionally. NOT GOOD! 'Dinner' was 200 grams of full fat Dutch Gouda along with 5 servings (the whole bag) of Quaker Crispy Minis Salt & Vinegar Rice Chips. Oh, and the token vegetable - 3/4 c of sliced cucumber. Tomorrow will be re-set day at low carb levels (for me under 100) and obviously, saner food choices. If I catch it now, not much will happen except for weight up a bit from sodium which should drop fairly quickly.
    ah...life happens :heart: back on board and all will be fine again :happy:
  • screwmenopause
    Options
    I have not been eating really healthy but I have been staying under calories. I have increased exercise and still seeing no results on the scales for amost 2 months. Clothes are still fitting like before. Any thoughts on crank starting my metabolism?
    I agree w Nillalis. also, perhaps focus mainly on cardio exercise for a week to get things humming. I would pay attention to the fat,protein,carbs allocations... and sodium (it's a killer - argh)
    GOOD LUCK!
    let us know how it goes :happy:
  • screwmenopause
    Options
    just wanted to say HI to everyone and happy weekend! tons of walking today. off to a Memorial Day BBQ in an hour (wishing myself luck :wink: ) going to stay focus. I am bringing the appetizer which consists of veggies and a great dip.
    HAPPY SATURDAY!!
    jill
  • jreneecal
    jreneecal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Not off to a good start this am made breakfast fr everyone and joined in bacon, hash browns, eggs: ate close to 1/2 my calories for the day. No walking outside today since its 90 degrees. On my way to my elliptical so I can have some lunch. I have been reading about the benefits of weight lifting any suggestions for a beginner?
  • Ari112233
    Ari112233 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Not off to a good start this am made breakfast fr everyone and joined in bacon, hash browns, eggs: ate close to 1/2 my calories for the day. No walking outside today since its 90 degrees. On my way to my elliptical so I can have some lunch. I have been reading about the benefits of weight lifting any suggestions for a beginner?

I am trying New Rules of lifting for Women
  • screwmenopause
    Options
    Yesterday I drank some Aloe Vera juice that my son had bought and it was delicious but wasn't prepared for the side effects and spent a good hour in the bathroom!! Expected to be down at least 10 lbs this morning LOL!!
    funny! is aloe vera known to be a weight loss type of juice? curious .
  • screwmenopause
    Options

I am trying New Rules of lifting for Women
    weights are great. they help to "compact" things :) start out slow - lighter weights. if you belong to a gym, doing one session with a trainer is very beneficial. they can plan out a routine for you and show you the proper amount of weight to lift and the proper way to lift. if you lift weights incorrectly, it can do far more harm than good.
    the big breakfast.... track those calories, and stick to your allotted amount for the day. you will be so proud of yourself if at the end of the day you have stuck to your plan....so what if you indulged....if you track it, it's okay to have extra yummy meal once in awhile :smile: plain greek yogurt and a handful of blueberries is a filling snack :love:
  • screwmenopause
    Options
    HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY AND HAPPY MONDAY!!
    easy walk this morning. kind of a day off. planning out my calories - bbq-ing ribs for the holiday - home made sweet potato fries, a healthy green salad and 2 corona light beers. I have never been a "beer drinker" until MFP - lol but I would much rather have 200 calories in 2 beers than 300 from 2 glasses of wine. plus when I get buzzer from wine I eat more....CONTROL BABY CONTROL :drinker:
    have a wonderful day gals!!!
    jill
  • deetee6718
    deetee6718 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I drank some Aloe Vera juice that my son had bought and it was delicious but wasn't prepared for the side effects and spent a good hour in the bathroom!! Expected to be down at least 10 lbs this morning LOL!!
  • deetee6718
    Options

I have no idea if it is for weight loss, it is packaged like a low cal beverage and it really is good. I would not use it other than for a refreshing drink. I had a small glass yesterday with no side effects :D
  • deetee6718
    Options
    Drove to the gym this a.m. As it was pouring out! Plan to get a walk in later today. Will spend the day preparing for a garage sale this weekend. Never had one so not sure what to expect. Feels weird to have people looking at my stuff and judging me LOL! I am not a hoarder but we are building a new home and going from 4 Bdrm to 2 Bdrm and office/den so need to get rid of some stuff. Food has been going fairly well, feeling positive, doing lots of walking and may go buy a Fitbit to keep me motivated as I'm a bit OCD when it comes to tracking my exercise. Have a great Monday all!
  • jbaker1663
    jbaker1663 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This is for canadjineh-I can't figure out how to respond to her specifically. Sorry about that!

I just wanted to tell you how sorry I am you are going through this, and also that I understand. My grandmother, mother, brother and son all have bipolar disorder. My grandmother had Bipolar 1 and took medication; she died from Parkinson's. My mother and brother have Bipolar 2 but will not take medication, which makes being in a relationship with them very stressful. My son is 20 and was diagnosed with Bipolar 2 last year. He takes all his meds and is doing so well, so that is a blessing. In addition, my mother-in-law has had dementia for about a decade and had a massive stroke about 8 years ago. She's been in a care facility all this time. My father-in-law lived with us for 5 years (he had prostate and bladder cancer) so I cared for both of them until he passed away 2 years ago. It is so painful to watch the decline in my mother-in-law, as she was an amazing, wonderful person. There are two things I would say-first, her "paranoia" symptoms may be more related to the bipolar than the dementia. You should definitely have the psychiatrist check that out. Second, the doctor will have a paper your mom can sign giving permission for the doctor to discuss her health with your dad and/or you. You can take it home with you and just get her to sign it on a good day. Then you can visit the doctor with or without her and explain what's really going on. I did this with my son and it made all the difference. He wouldn't sign it for a while, but I just kept waiting until he had a good day and he signed it. I would sit in the doctor and hear how inaccurate his assessment of how he was doing was, then gently say "Why don't you tell the doctor about when (whatever) happened." I know that helped the doctor get his medicine right a whole lot faster. My mother-in-law signed the paper giving us permission to talk to the doctor, but we also had to hire a lawyer and have her declared incompetent. She cannot read, watch tv, eat, etc. She has no idea who she is or who we are or really any concept of what's going on. She barely talks anymore. It's truly heartbreaking and I feel for you. I will keep you in my prayers. Just know that you are not alone.
  • jreneecal
    Options
    Well didn't stay under my calorie goal but at least I worked them off. Thanks for the advice, found an online video and did alittle strength training will see how it goes.
  • smrgal144
    smrgal144 Posts: 9
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Stayed within my calorie count yesterday even with all the holiday food and festivities! Woot! Going to walk this morning and lift some weights. Anyone know of the best at home treadmill to purchase?
  • HikeCalifornia
    Options
    Hi all - good morning from the West coast! New to group and starting this journey (again). Day 4 and I feel great! Hungry, but great! :laugh: First day at work since starting - yikes! - I sit at a desk all day, and usually munch the whole time. Could be interesting.

You all have a wonderful day and thanks so much for this group!!
  • jreneecal
    Options
    Good morning all! Ready to tackle the work week this morning. Wish I had time for a walk, hopefully at lunch. Packing a low cal lunch.
  • screwmenopause
    Options
    Will spend the day preparing for a garage sale this weekend. Never had one so not sure what to expect. Feels weird to have people looking at my stuff and judging me LOL!
    I LOVE garage sales! it's a blast looking at others peoples "treasures"...enjoy!
  • screwmenopause
    Options
    Hi all - good morning from the West coast! New to group and starting this journey (again). Day 4 and I feel great! Hungry, but great! :laugh: First day at work since starting - yikes! - I sit at a desk all day, and usually munch the whole time. Could be interesting.

You all have a wonderful day and thanks so much for this group!!

WELCOME! GLAD TO HAVE YOU HERE!
  • screwmenopause
    Options
    HAPPY TUESDAY ALL!
    I am ready to rock this week too! I "ate more calories" yesterday - the holiday - but I was rewarding myself. it was in my plan. I sat down and tracked everything that went into my mouth. to get things humming again today I did an hour walk at 5am w a friend and just finished my 6 miler. that should eat up some of those calories from the holiday :laugh:
    well, on to planning my eats then hubby and I need to meet w the kitchen lady - building a house....
    HAVE A SUPER DAY ALL!
    jill