Today I Will ______________

Options

Replies

• Super_Pamazon
    Super_Pamazon Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My trusty road bike on our lovely morning out together.

f691057d-9088-455a-9fbb-549cd503b36f_zps052e1ce6.jpg
  • emy_r
    emy_r Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Pam,

Thanks for the pics! I can dream that I'm there instead of here in humid, hot, flat Louisiana!!!

Emy
  • Siannah
    Siannah Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Oh wow Pam, that looks amazing! Glad you had such a fantastic weekend and well done on staying on the wagon!

Brenda, sorry sorry I see I called you Brendan in my previous post! Force of habit, my boss is called Brendan and I always, always call all Brendas Brendan - my fingers automatically type that extra n after it! :laugh:

I'm having a terrible week for some unknown reason, all I can think of at the moment is food. I've gone overboard on the bread, on the wine, on the sweets. Well on everything really. It's 11.30 and have eaten my lunch already! I know I'll get over it, I always do, but I was on such a good run, why do I break that again. Crazy. :grumble:
  • emy_r
    Options
    Good morning friends! I'm so proud of myself! I really felt pretty awful yesterday. I stayed up late on Friday and Saturday night, then Sunday night I didn't sleep. I did not want to wake up when my alarm went off at 4:30 am yesterday morning. Then I found out it was my TOM! Wonderful Monday morning, I can tell you! Anyway, my back hurt and I was just tired and grouchy. I planned to do W7D3 of c25k yesterday evening, and I was really worried I would have trouble finishing it. Turned out, I did my best time ever! I ended up finishing 2 miles in 32 minutes, which may seem slow to most people but is really really great for me!

I plan to do weights tonight and then tomorrow I'm supposed to do a 2 mile fun run with a friend. I'm pretty nervous about it, but last night's run made me feel a little better.

Siannah, you will get back on track! Don't beat yourself up over it! Maybe try some green tea. That seems to help me beat the cravings at work.

Hope everyone else is having a great day!
  • bhox3
    bhox3 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Today I did JM Killer Buns and Thighs. It was awesome! My thighs will be hurting tomorrow, but it was nice break from the running.

Pam, thanks for sharing the pics! It looks beautiful there!

Siannah, no worries on the misspell! I agree with Emy, drinking green tea works for me as well.

Emy, 2 miles in 32 minutes is great! I think I'm at 36 minutes for 2 miles right now, but I'm sure the further we get with c25k the better the times will be. I used to (before I had my son seven years ago) run 3 miles in 30 minutes. I'm determined to get there again. Should make that one of my goals for...hmmm......maybe October??!!

Have a great day everyone!
  • Super_Pamazon
    Options
    Siannah, don’t beat yourself up too badly. We all struggle, especially during our hormonal time of the month. I’m sure you will bounce back with a couple strong days!

Emy, way to work through the bad parts of the day and embrace a new PR! That sounds like a great running time to me, since I can’t run at all right now. Fantastic way to end a terrible Monday.

Brenda, the killer buns made me lol. I pictured some real mean hot dog buns coming for me. Or that ridiculous video I saw where some woman was crushing fruit with her inner thighs. Scary!

Maureen, I’m glad you weathered the storm ok! It didn’t have any negative impact as far inland as we were in NC. It just kicked the winds up and blew all the “smoke” out of the Smokey Mountains. Don’t think I’ve ever seen summer skies without that hazy summer look to the mountains up there.

I’m kicking some more butt today. Stuck to my food plan yesterday and today. I was SO hungry when I went to bed last night, but I kept reminding myself that I’m making up for feeling so full a couple times on the trip. Today I will not eat anything else, because it’s 7:30 and I had a delicious, healthy dinner. I love it when I don’t feel the need to have anything sweet after a meal, when the healthy meal is enough, that’s the best feeling!

I did hate sitting in the hair colorist's chair today and staring at my huge legs. I usually like my legs when I'm standing, but I really dislike that view straight on in the mirror, sitting, wearing shorts. It reminded me that even though I feel thinner, I have A LOT of work left to do! I also dislike that I feel this way, because my legs were awesome on my bike ride this weekend, they worked so hard! So I really should be celebrating them, no matter how they look to my critical eyes. I'm going to go hug my legs now, g'night!
  • emy_r
    Options
    I did my weight routine last night after eating 3 of my homemade energy bars! Ugh!!! I had planned on eating a little bit of leftover chicken breast, but the power was out when I got home from work. I still managed my calorie goal but definitely exceeded my carb macro goal for the day.

Going to do my run this evening, either my normal one at home (w8d1) or a 2 mile fun run depending on if one of my friends is able to make it with me.

Pam, I know the feeling about the thighs! It's frustrating to me too when I have those negative thoughts about my body. The working out does help with them though even before I can tell a big difference physically. Just somehow makes me feel better about myself.

Brenda, just reading about the killer buns and thighs workout makes me sore! Three miles in 30 minutes sounds like a great goal for October. I might make that my goal for next October! It will take me a lot longer to get there!

Happy Wednesday!

Emy
  • Siannah
    Options
    Oooo I have the killer bun dvd somewhere as well, gathering dust no doubt. Might get it out tonight, thanks for the reminder on that, Brenda. It's not a bad one at all. I think I prefer Level 2 over Level 1, if I remember correctly.

Pam I know what you mean and I'm afraid even though I am at a healthy BMI, I still hate my legs. I started using (gradual) fake tan this week, I have a 40th to go to on Friday so hopefully the fake tan might make them slightly more acceptable in my dress.
    Glad you had a good day yesterday, and yes it is nice when a meal can satisfy you like that!

I'm back on track (probably too late for the weigh-in on Friday but never mind), just finished my lunch and it was lovely. It's all in the preparation isn't it. Once I bring in my lunch and snacks I'm fine. If I don't, I'll just eat any old thing really.
    I'm busier in work again too, which certainly helps take my mind off food!
  • bhox3
    Options
    I ran today, c25k. Felt pretty good. Will have to check out Level 2 of killer buns dvd tomorrow! I have the thigh issue as well (hence why I am attempting the killer buns and thighs dvd). I'm really close to my goal weight, but my thighs still need a lot of work!!

I need to work on my eating habits. I'm staying within my calories (or very close to it), but I know I'm not eating the right things. I do okay keeping within the range of the carbs, protein and sodium, but the fat and sugar are usually over. Yep, I have a sweet tooth and always have to have a dessert after supper. It's always a Weight Watcher ice cream bar or Weigh Watcher something, but I know it's still not good for me!

Enjoy the day!

Brenda
  • Super_Pamazon
    Options
    Emy, the homemade energy bars sound yummy. At least you kept the calories in range.

Siannah, way to get back to work!

Brenda, I have a fat sweet tooth, Meaning it's both the sugar and fat thing for me too. I changed my macros in tracking. I was always under on carbs and over on sugar and protein. I stopped tracking carbs and changed it to fiber. But it's a struggle on some days to stay under on sugar. I always forgive myself the fat grams if I'm getting the fat from a serving of nuts, olive/coconut oil, avocados.

Today I will be having dinner with my local support group. My two friends from high school who are struggling with the weight loss are two of the funniest folks in my life. I always look forward to spending time with them and laughing some calories away. I have no idea what's for dinner, my friend Brian gets take-out from what he calls "bougie" restaurants (as in Bourgeoisie). But he's promised healthy, because we're all fighting to lose more weight. Speaking of which, I weighed in this morning and lost 1.4 lbs this week, which I am thrilled with since I was on vacation.

I hope your hump day was not too humpy, or extra humpy, however you might like it!
  • emy_r
    Options
    Well, I did the 2 mile fun run last night. I'm not sure whether to say it was a success or not! My friend, who's been telling me how slow of a runner he is and how out of shape he is, did it with me. He's about 6'6 with long legs! Let's just say his "slow" jog is a sprint for me! We managed to do the first mile in 12 min 57 secs, but part of that was walking. We didn't do so well on the second mile. Total time was 27:41. We were almost the last ones to finish! I think my friend was disappointed because he used to do a 5K in under 30 minutes, but this was a personal best for me for sure! He wants to do the next fun run in two weeks, but I told him I'm going to keep more to my normal pace next time, even if I end up being the last one to finish!

Will try to get my weight routine in tonight, depending on how sore I still feel from last night. Weigh in tomorrow. I don't think my overall for the week will be as good as the last two weeks, but hopefully I will still show a loss.

Pam, congrats on the weight loss for this week! You are doing so great!

Emy
  • Siannah
    Options
    Well done Pam, you really are such an inspiration! :flowerforyou:

Unlike me at the moment, I had a rubbish week, but my god, a 4 lb gain is pretty outrageous! My jaw dropped this morning at my weigh-in. In fairness, I have no excuses at all, it was me shoving all the crap into my gob! :drinker:
    I have a 40th tonight to go to, including an overnight stay, so it's fair to say I won't be doing great today either, but after that I need to get serious again. Big time.

Have a great weekend everyone!
  • emy_r
    Options
    Siannah, you must have some water retention going on. I also gained this week as well so I can commiserate. Hopefully we will both have a better week next week.

I'm still sore today from my fun run on Wednesday. I did my weights last night and made it through them all but I was definitely feeling the affects of the run. Tonight I will do w8d1 and I'm looking forward to doing it at my own pace!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Emy
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!

I am back! A day later then planned. The weather was a little crappy, so we decided we needed another day at the beach.

I have a lot of work to make up for the past 5 days. I am up quite a bit. Most of it water, I am sure but, I had been slipping with my eating the past 3 weeks. so I am going to focus on getting my menu intact this weekend, and getting this food business under control. We were active most of the time. I went for a run & bike ride & got 10 000 steps most days.

I have a lot to do getting back to work today & tomorrow, but I should have enough healthy stuff to eat properly. Sunday I will meal plan & cook ahead so that I can really get down to it and start losing weight again. Enough is enough.

Have a great day!
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Sorry I have not checked in for a couple of days, I'm still here....alive and kicking! I guess I've just been a bit busy and it seems that if I don't get on here first thing in the morning....I don't make it at all.

Last night we went to a friends campfire...had a really great time but totally indulged in a bit too much of everything. A bit too much wine and a bit too much nacho dip. Feeling like crap this morning, but I really have not done this for awhile...so I am not feeling too bad about it. I did run 8K yesterday afternoon so I did get some exercise in at least. I think I may do a bike ride today, not sure I feel like running. I haven't been on my bike yet this summer....so thats what it will be.

I really have to read back and catch up with everyone. I did not weigh myself this morning (its friday weigh in day!) but I did yesterday, so I'll record that over in the wi thread. I was 146.5 yesterday...yipee.
  • Super_Pamazon
    Options
    Emy, you just have to run your own race sometimes, regardless of where you finish.

Siannah, don’t be too hard on yourself. I don’t think it’s really possible to gain 4 lbs of fat in a week, so I’m sure a lot of that is water. Once you start eating more of your prepared foods at home, it’ll balance out again.

Lisa, glad you had a nice trip! It really all comes down to food, doesn’t it? I think staying active while we’re traveling helps, but nothing beats eating at home and planning our meals carefully.

Maureen, congrats on the loss! I think sometimes we just need to let loose and feel that ugh-what-have-I-done feeling to remind ourselves why we work so hard to eat well.

Today I will be taking my boys to their friend’s house an hour from here for a sleepover. So that means that I’ll be enjoying a child-free 24 hours! Oh yeah! You mamas out there know what I’m talking about! I love my boys a lot, but I get really excited to be in a quiet house without anyone to feed or get to bed. We’ll probably go see a movie tonight. Tomorrow my husband is racing all day. He has a Miata and does the sports car club autocross race events around town. That means I can get a nice bike ride in, watch stupid TV shows all day, and maybe get a few projects done. I’m trying to come up with an alternative to popcorn at the movie tonight. We had a new Sprouts Organic Market open nearby, so I might search out some tasty granola/trail mix to distract me from buttery popcorn.

Happy Friday everbody!
  • LisaPower123
    Options
    Yesterday I really ended up doing nothing. I found out in the morning that my father suddenly passed away during the night, and I tried to work, but I could not. We were not close, so I was surprised at my sadness. I think it was more about what I should do, where my place is in the funeral stuff that is going to go on, and sadness that he never bothered to try to have a relationship with me. I feel better today & will do what needs to be done. I need new clothes that are funeral appropriate & will go shopping today. It went from me just going to pay respects to needing to be there the entire visitation time, as I am his oldest daughter.

Today I will go for a run to alleviate some stress.

Pam: A kid free 24 hrs sounds heavenly! I wouldn't even know what to do with myself!
  • bhox3
    Options
    Today I started Week 5 of c25k. Went pretty well. Bought some new tennis shoes yesterday that have a lot more support than my old shoes. Funny how that can make a big difference in how the run feels!

Lisa, I'm sorry to hear about your father. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Pam, enjoy your kid free day!!
  • Siannah
    Options
    Morning All!

Lisa, I'm sorry for your loss. When is the funeral?

I had a 40th on Friday night and wasn't in bed till 6am the next day. Stayed over at someone else's house, so had a nice lie-in till 10.15, we had a big fry-up for breakfast and then I drove home. Husband had taken the children out to the coast all day, so I literally spent my day vegging on the couch, nursing the hangover.
    Feeling good again today and started my day with a healthy breakfast, so time for me to step it up again. No more excuses!

Pam enjoy your child-free time, I sure did yesterday haha!
  • LisaPower123
    Options
    Thanks Brenda & Siannah.

The funeral is Tuesday, but there is an immediate family thing sometime today (can't for the life of me remember the time, my brain is foggy!) and visitation tomorrow (3-5 & 7-9). My children & husband have only met him a handful of times, so all of this family stuff with a family we are not part of is difficult. The expectation is that we will participate, but I am not sure if it is appropriate.

I am doing my best to keep my eating on track but I have not started logging my food again. My goal is by Wednesday when my life is back to normal, to kick it up a notch. My father had a massive stroke at 46 because he lived an unhealthy lifestyle (overweight, smoked, high blood pressure, & drank excessively). He was not able to work, read, speak properly, or reason since his stroke. He continued to not exercise & be over weight. He died at 63 from an unknown virus.

While my lifestyle is pretty good most of the time & my fitness level is quite good I am still quite over weight, and it needs to be fixed. I plan to live to an age where my kids are old too. 63 is way too young. Maybe this is the wake up call that I needed in order to get really serious, and consistent.