Today I Will ______________

Options

Replies

• Siannah
    Siannah Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Enjoy Halifax Maureen, sounds like great fun, best of luck to your husband tomorrow!

Well done Emy, running in the pouring rain and you did so well too! how's your hair, all shiny and new? You actually reminded me I need to get some hair dye myself. Not going grey but I start getting these weird white barbie-like hairs.

Hope you're having a great day Pam, what lucky woman you are!
    I'm laughing at your desert. I always do that, bake biscuits or something, meaning to only have (and log) one and of course I end up eating the lot. I filled a glass jar with sweets this afternoon, for the children of course, and it's a test for myself as well. Keep. Away. From. Them.

Wow Brenda, well done on completing the body revolution! I had to google it, done several of JM's workouts and dvd's but didn't know this one, it sounds fantastic!

Lisa I saw your run on the newsfeed and I am so, so impressed. How on earth do you manager to run that long?? What distance was that? My guess would be that I will manage 5 mins max! :indifferent:

I haven't done exercise in three days now. Strangely enough I find it easier to fit it in when I'm working than when I'm off. Suppose I'm more into a routine then.
    Busy day today, taxi'ing the children back and forth as usual but I did get a two hour break and spent this shopping for MYSELF. This is something that never happens. When I lost the weight 3 years ago I literally had to buy everything new, underwear and all. And I still have very very little in my wardrobe. So I was desperate for some summerclothes which I got today, so delighted with that.
    Husband went out into town and is still not back (it's 9pm here now), so I'm very relaxed here with a cuppa and the laptop. Biggest downside to the not exercising is that I have no calories left for a biscuit to go with the cuppa :laugh:
  • summerluno2
    summerluno2 Posts: 313
    Options
    Hi friends --- sounds like a productive Saturday all!

I have to say we've been blessed with a great summer so far. Days are in the 80s, but come 6:00 it cools down to a low 70 and it's beautiful outside. I actually enjoyed every minute of my C25K today! Brenda, hope it's going well for you too. I will say, being able to get outside makes a huge difference for me, wish you were able to experience it as well. The farm must be great to have in the summer with all the fruits n veggies at your will. Where do you live again?

Siannah, glad you did some shopping for you - well deserved! Tomorrow can be your exercise day :)

Lisa, 1.5 hrs! Impressed!

Emy, I just noticed the fact you ran in the rain - how great! In your temps it must have felt refreshing.

Nite all!!!
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Yesterday my run was hot. I did not run the entire 1.5hrs.. I walked at least 15 minutes (5 minute warm up/cool down and some extra time) My app includes the warm up and cool down on these long timed runs, I always forget, but will have to change it some day. The last 4 kms were VERY slow. It ended up being 9.5km total, as I said the last bit was VERY SLOW. I spent the rest of the day cleaning my house & moving furniture. We got a new sectional because a customer had a warranty problem, bought a new one, but ended up getting the warranty one replaced. We bought it off of him. I have been working a lot and my kids have not been cleaning up after themselves at all. I have not been watching TV so I did not realize the mess we were in. I could hardly move from weights on Friday, and then the run. It was a challenge, but it got done. I had furniture moved from one room into another & everything cleaned up & the new sectional almost unpacked before DH came home from work. BUSY day.

Today I think I can bend down without too much pain, so I will go for a run again. Just 5 km, or maybe 3km depending on the temperature outside. I have to get our pond restarted, get groceries, do laundry & work for a bit this morning. Going to be a BUSY day so I better get moving!

Have a great Sunday!
  • bhox3
    bhox3 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Today I did c25k W2d2. Normally Sunday is my rest day , but since I'm going shopping tomorrow I won't get my regular workout in. I am hoping to 10,000 steps tomorrow though!

Cindy, I live in SD. It's been raining a lot here and when not raining, it's hot and humid. It is great on the farm. We have a huge veggie garden and I can or freeze so we can enjoy it all year long.

Lisa, what a busy day! Always feels good when the house is clean. Although if your family is anything like mine, the clean house doesn't stay clean for long!

Have a great day!
  • Super_Pamazon
    Super_Pamazon Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Brenda, way to finish up a Jillian Michaels series. That is quite an accomplishment! You have earned a massage! If you have groupon or living social in your area, you can use that as a way to find one for much cheaper. They’re wonderful (although mine was painful – see below). Sounds like you’re pretty rural though, so you may just have to search a bigger city to get a good deal. Sounds like we have the same summer weather, did I read you were in Louisiana?

Lisa, sorry you had the DOMS (delayed-onset muscle soreness). You’ll snap back into shape quickly! You wore me out with your weekend activities – phew!

Siannah, I lol-ed at the Barbie hairs. Yep, got enough of those, thank you very much. I put off the haircoloring as long as I could stand it, I’m for the past year I’m on board. Woowoo!

Cindy, I’m so jealous of your temps! Glad that the running is improving.

I had a lovely day yesterday. Haircut looks great, I remembered one of my favorite Cuban restaurants to eat at downtown, and the massage was, well, painful? This particular masseuse was a doctor (chiropractic) and we were talking about my active workout life, my muscular issues, and how I have a high pain tolerance. I’m used to getting worked on pretty firmly at my regular chiro, but this Russian woman punished me a bit. I had to resort to labor breathing for some of it, I have some seriously gnarly stuff happening in my back and shoulders. But about half of it was super relaxing, and the other half is still hurting me today. The theory is that all that trauma she caused will increase blood flow and the muscle will repair itself better, but wooo it hurts!

I’d like to pat myself on the back for the following:
    1. Staying active all weekend (cycled 14 miles yesterday, hiked 3.6 miles today with my mtn. biking 7 year old).
    2. I had my 3 allotted servings of the s’mores dessert spread out over 3 days and it didn’t put me over on calories.
    3. I finished the fourth Harry Potter book, all 736 pages, in 8 days. Now I can watch the movie with my 11 year old.

If I don’t check in tomorrow by noon you ladies need to come hunt me down. I’ve got 2 days till weigh in. It’s PMS week, and I’ve felt that ridiculous overeating monster rearing his head a bit. I need to keep it in check tomorrow and Tuesday!
  • summerluno2
    Options
    Brenda, congrats on JMBR!!!!! I have the dads collecting dust in the basement. I was thinking today when the cold hits, that can be my goal when it's too cold and snowy for outside. Farm sounds great … what a different lifestyle we have :)

Pam, you got me to lol on being tired reading Lisa's blog - yes Lisa you sounded busy and productive!!! I hope the 2 of you feel better soon. Take some tylenol and a warm shower before bed - and water - lots of water.

Today was a C25K rest day, but I really want to push myself this week before vacation so went out there and did it. I'm getting better - yeah me! Felt great :)

Curious to any of those that did the entire June Ab workout - did it work? Were you able to finish?

I'm starting a new app by the same people that do C25K on my off days: for butt/legs. It's only about 10 minutes, but will be great to work those trouble spots.

Nite all.
  • LisaPower123
    Options
    Yesterday I ran, worked for a couple of hours, cleaned up our pool, did some laundry, did some planning for the next 2 weeks and then I kind of had a melt down.

Today is the 1st of 2 road trips that we are taking. We will be leaving work early & travelling 5 hrs to visit DHs parents. Kids are laying around the house not helping. If I ask them to do something they argue. DH is working every day, and yesterday, when I was at my breaking point he went to a friends house to pick up strawberries, without even texting me to say, "Hey, going to get strawberries that were picked fresh for us" I needed some support at home, and most days I just deal with it all, but yesterday sucked.

Not sure how this is going to work out, but today I am going heavy lifting, then work to do my ordering, then a long car trip. We don't have any food or anything prepped or planned so we will be doing restaurants, and relying on family for the next 2 days. There is no where for me to run tomorrow, so I don't know what I am going to do.

Oh well, I will do my best!
  • Siannah
    Options
    Wow busy times for you Lisa! How are you going to manage to fit that all in?? Hope you're muscles are feeling better now.

Pam that massage sounds painful aright! I was talking to a friend of mine who recently had a Swedish massage, and this one included EVERY PART on her body, front and back. Made her quite uncomfortable, but she was scared to say anything :laugh:

Brenda you are so lucky living on a farm, must be hard work as well though!

We went for a lovely walk around the lakes yesterday with the children. I did some weights as well, biceps and triceps. I use about 8lbs per hand, which is probably nothing for some of you heavy lifters here! :happy:
    Have had a really good week easing-wise but went a little overboard last night on the crisps and sweets - which immediately made me feel yucky. Sore stomach and lethargic. Lesson learnt...!

In work at the moment, not sure yet what I'll do tonight, legs/bum probably.

Have a good Monday :flowerforyou:
  • emy_r
    emy_r Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Wow! I've been MIA this weekend, and it is fun catching up with all of you! Everyone has been so busy!

Congrats, Brenda on finishing JMBR! C25K probably feels easy after that!

Lisa, I'm so sorry about the soreness. I hope you feel better soon. The time off from weights on your trip might be helpful. I've been doing a little reading about deloading and/or taking a rest. I only did my weight routine twice last week and I noticed some of my soreness is gone. I'm planning to go back to 3 times per week this week, but I've really been thinking about dropping to 2 times. My workout is a full body workout, and I've read I could still get some benefits, just maybe not as much. Your kids sound like mine!!! I never know what I'm going to face when I get home from work!

Pam, I'm enjoying my new haircut and color as well! My stylist is talking about returning to Newfoundland where she is from, and I'm happy for her but sad for me. I finally found a hair color I really like. She runs her own salon and is the only stylist and I've never heard of this hair color before. I'm going to have to do some research to see if I can find someone else who uses the same products.

Cindy, so glad you are enjoying C25K a little more now! I'm curious about the other app. What's the name of it?

Siannah, good for you on the shopping!!! At my current weight, I don't enjoy shopping much, but I'm looking forward to buying some new things once I lose more weight.

Have to run to a meeting now. Hope everyone has a great day!

Oh, and I'm planning to do weights today.
  • summerluno2
    Options

Cindy, so glad you are enjoying C25K a little more now! I'm curious about the other app. What's the name of it?

Emy, go to the app store and search for zen butt The first 2 apps are free and 1 is for butt the other is for legs. I'm starting tonight!
  • emy_r
    Options

Emy, go to the app store and search for zen butt The first 2 apps are free and 1 is for butt the other is for legs. I'm starting tonight!

Thanks! I will check it out!
  • summerluno2
    Options
    Hello. 4 more days til my vacation - woot! That being said, I tried to get a little extra in. At lunch, I walked 20 mins, just a lite walk, but I was out. Tonight I mowed the lawn which takes 45+ mins. After that I did some push ups and sit ups. Then, I crashed :)

Hope everyone had a good Monday. Tomorrow, I'm back to my C25K and crazy enough I'm looking forward to it!!!
  • emy_r
    Options
    Did my weight routine last night and I'm going to do w6d3 of c25k this evening. It's definitely July in Louisiana! I was sweating on my walk into work this morning at 5:20 a.m. Hope it isn't too bad this evening.

Cindy, I'm so glad you are looking forward to c25k. I don't remember exactly when I started really enjoying but now I really look forward to it. It's really amazing to me that I can look forward to exercise!

Well yesterday I signed up for the Red Dress Run in New Orleans. I have a group of friends going for the weekend. We will go down Friday evening and come home on Sunday. I was really undecided about it because I know I will not be able to stay strict with my diet while there, but it's going to be a celebration of sorts for me. If I stay on track with my weight loss and keep following my exercise program, I will have met my 3 month goals by that date (early!!!). So, I'm going to figure out my maintenance calories (thanks Pam I believe for helping me out with that!) and just try to stay in that range for the weekend. My main issue will be with the adult beverages. I don't drink that often, but when I do, I usually have more than one or two. Now, at some point in the next few weeks, I just have to find a red dress that I can actually run in.

Happy Tuesday everyone!
  • summerluno2
    Options

Well yesterday I signed up for the Red Dress Run in New Orleans.

Awesome Emy!!!! Great to celebrate; have a few drinks (just google calories prior so you can figure out the better choice drinks) and enjoy - you have earned this!!!!
  • emy_r
    Options
    Thanks Cindy! I didn't put the date. Just rereading my post it sounds like the run is this weekend, but it's August 9. Still have some weeks to stay on track before my planned cheat!
  • bhox3
    bhox3 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hello all!! Had a great shopping day yesterday with my son. Got in 12,000 steps - yep my legs were tired!! My poor 7 year old was exhausted, but we had fun. Today I did a Jillian Michaels yoga DVD. It was kind of hard to follow and I don't feel like I got much of a workout. Will probably run yet today unless I get a chance to get out in the garden - poor garden has more weeds than veggies I think! We've had so much rain here I haven't had a chance to keep it weeded, but the veggies are doing great!

Cindy, I've tried the push up app from the c25k makers, will have to check out the butt/legs one - I definitely could use some work in that area!

Pam, holy reading!! That's a lot of pages in eight days! Great job with staying on track, s'mores are hard to resist.

Emy, good luck with finding a red dress to run in! Maybe a skort (skirt/shorts)? Do you have to wear heels or can you wear tennis shoes? I've read about those races were they dress up in heels to run for charity - that would be tough!

Have a great day!
  • LisaPower123
    Options
    Happy canada day! We are on the road, so my eating will be off. I did not go for a run because there is no where to run. No sidewalks around the hotel.

Our son woke up with a swollen lip & puffed up eyes. He looks like someone beat him up. It is a pet friendly place so he must be allergic to something.

Have a greet day! I will be back to normal tomorrow.
  • Siannah
    Options
    Ugh I don't feel well at all at the moment. TOTM is on the way and the cramps are very bad this time, actually makes me feel ill.
    Another hour and a half to go in work - please time, go quick.
    Rest day tonight me thinks. Did a really good leg/butt fitnessblender last night, so won't feel guilty.

Hope you're all good!
  • Super_Pamazon
    Super_Pamazon Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Lisa, that stinks to drive to a vacation place and have your son wake up all poofy. I hope that settles down! Happy Canada Day! I’m sure you’ll be able to squeeze in some working out even though you aren’t in a great place for exercise. Remember those squats, ab moves, and push ups. And of course the dreaded, burpees!

Cindy, the Zen Butt app sounds cool. It seems like when I was running a lot, that I would sometimes suffer from knee/foot injuries that my physical therapist would trace back to my weak glutes. That area looks well endowed on me, but when he said, “Your glutes aren’t firing.” I stood there mouth agape. Indeed, I was big butt with no action back there. So get that booty to work ladies!

Emy, the red dress run sounds fantastic! I love New Orleans, but you’re right, be vigilant! Something about the atmosphere there makes me drink Hurricanes like water, and the beignets. Goodness!

Brenda, way to go super stepper!

Siannah, I hope you feel better. This too shall pass, especially if you take some ibuprofen.

I am doing super duper! I feel great, had a wonderful strength training yesterday, awesome bike ride this morning (my fastest in over 11 months, 14.5 miles per hour). And I’m battening down the hatches before my weigh in tomorrow. I haven’t logged my food yet, but I’ve got 1000 extra calories to play with, so I’ll surely be under today. I will log my food later and I'm going to do a major stretch session while watching the World Cup.

I also have some food planning to do before we leave town on Thursday. I cannot wait to get into the mountains where it will be cool! I think I may take my bike up and ride the Blue Ridge Parkway on Saturday. It’s 20 minutes from the house and the most amazing mountains and vistas. I haven’t done that in a few years, and I haven’t tried it on my faster, lighter road bike I’m riding now. Is it only Tuesday, gah!

Kick some butt today goddesses!
  • emy_r
    Options
    Anybody want to take a guess as to how many calories are in one cream cheese and jalapeño stuffed boudin ball from Krotz Springs Louisiana? Here is a link with a picture if you are curious what they look like: http://boudinlink.com/cream-cheese-and-jalapeno-stuffed-boudin-ball-from-kartchners-in-krotz-spring-a/. They are a major weakness of mine and we have a friend who likes to bring us some every so often. Usually he brings 6 or 8 but today he dropped off only 2. Of course my sweet husband had to save me one. I first turned it down but he insisted! I have no idea how to log this. I may just pick a number and put it in. I don't feel too bad since I've been really good for about six weeks, but I'm going to hate trying to log this. I'm so glad there was only one for me to eat!